Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,906 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts (6050 Views)

The Impact Of Benny Hinn’s Rejection Of The Prosperity Gospel In Africa / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
hoopLA:

Sorry but you bear the name Jesus but you hardly even know him

The root of Christ's message was love, first for God, then for fellow humans, regardless of whatever, even unto your enemies.
That is why he taught people against revenge.
More so, you are ignoring the fact that the Law became obsolete the minute Christ died as the perfect sacrifice for the redemption of man unto God.

You haven't answered my question about what tithing does for me post-resurrection.
Since you say Christ never condemned it.
Lol!

You're really funny but of course you're entitled to your own opinion.

Provided below is a statement you made that had I known it from the onset before replying your comment, i wouldn't have bothered replying you because it would be absolutely pointless.

hoopLA:

Like I said in my post, Christ is the end of the Law. The only way to fulfill the Law and all its ordinances and obligations (including tithing) is to believe in Christ as the savior and accept his Lordship, simply because on our own, our righteousness is useless before God. For me it's that simple.

The bolded is a statement that's bereft of spiritual knowledge, and it shows how far you are from the Truth that Jesus is, for these are His own Sayings:

Matthew 16:27 (KJV)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 7:23 (KJV)

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 13:41 (KJV)

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

So if our righteousness is useless before God, then how come Jesus says people are going to be rewarded according to their works, and that He didn't know the workers of iniquity?

These are the sayings of the One that died for man's sin, not a construct of someone's imaginations concerning Him, as the above saying of yours. And I believe that is the reason many of the church would be surprised when they appear before Him at the end, because they chose to go with their own imaginations concerning what He requires and not what He who gave His life for man said He required.

This is why the Sayings of Jesus bears no significance for you, as in the instance of tithes because you can choose to go with what you want to believe instead of what He said or did not say.

At least you can never show me a place where He outrightly condemned tithing, as He did other practices of the Law despite mentioning tithes severally.

You should by now see what distinguishes us, because one takes what Jesus says seriously, and the other doesn't.

FYI I don't tithe because I operate at the level of the kingdom of God where It requires a 100 percent and not the 10 percent being given to God as it applies in tithing. And I'm sure you will be able now to see why Jesus spoke highly of that widow who gave her all, and also how they gave in the church He founded because that is the level of Kingdom giving.

But how many can and would be able to do that?

So that's where tithing comes in, to cater for those who are not at that level of a hundred percent giving to God, just as the rich young man, so that they can yet give something to God and not nothing.

And I believe that tithing would not be able to take any person to heaven as Jesus showed in His Sayings regarding the Pharisees, but that there's a reward for tithing on this Earth.

God bless.
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by dermmy(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol!

You're really funny but of course you're entitled to your own opinion.

Provided below is a statement you made that had I known it from the onset before replying your comment, i wouldn't have bothered replying you because it would be absolutely pointless.

The bolded is a statement that's bereft of spiritual knowledge, and it shows how far you are from the Truth that Jesus is, for these are His own Sayings:

Matthew 16:27 (KJV)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 7:23 (KJV)

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 13:41 (KJV)

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

So if our righteousness is useless before God, then how come Jesus says people are going to be rewarded according to their works, and that He didn't know the workers of iniquity?

These are the sayings of the One that died for man's sin, not a construct of someone's imaginations concerning Him, as the above saying of yours. And I believe that is the reason many of the church would be surprised when they appear before Him at the end, because they chose to go with their own imaginations concerning what He requires and not what He who gave His life for man said He required.

This is why the Sayings of Jesus bears no significance for you, as in the instance of tithes because you can choose to go with what you want to believe instead of what He said or did not say.

At least you can never show me a place where He outrightly condemned tithing, as He did other practices of the Law despite mentioning tithes severally.

You should by now see what distinguishes us, because one takes what Jesus says seriously, and the other doesn't.

FYI I don't tithe because I operate at the level of the kingdom of God where It requires a 100 percent and not the 10 percent being given to God as it applies in tithing. And I'm sure you will be able now to see why Jesus spoke highly of that widow who gave her all, and also how they gave in the church He founded because that is the level of Kingdom giving.

But how many can and would be able to do that?

So that's where tithing comes in, to cater for those who are not at that level of a hundred percent giving to God, just as the rich young man, so that they can yet give something to God and not nothing.

And I believe that tithing would not be able to take any person to heaven as Jesus showed in His Sayings regarding the Pharisees, but that there's a reward for tithing on this Earth.

God bless.

hoopLA was actually telling you that our righteousness according to the law is useless before GOD. That was what the pharisees were claiming, righteousness through tithing, washing of hands before eating and the rest.

That was what hoopLA meant. You know there is a righteousness according to the law which cannot atone for one's sin and there is a righteousness according to faith in christ JESUS. Hear what Apostle paul said here:

"Concerning zeal persecuting the church concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Phillipians 3:6

Bro are you sure you understand the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
dermmy:

hoopLA was actually telling you that our righteousness according to the law is useless before GOD. That was what the pharisees were claiming, righteousness through tithing, washing of hands before eating and the rest.

That was what hoopLA meant. You know there is a righteousness according to the law which cannot atone for one's sin and there is a righteousness according to faith in christ JESUS. Hear what Apostle paul said here:

"Concerning zeal persecuting the church concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Well, the answer to your question depends on who's doing the answering.

You can choose to believe whatever you want to believe, I choose to believe what Jesus says a 100%!

God bless.
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by hoopLA: 6:15am On Sep 15, 2019
dermmy:

He obviously doesnt.
It's pretty much a waste of time debating anything of note with the fellow.

If he had any sense of what he was talking about, he would realize that prior to the coming of Christ, the Law was what made us right with God.

It's clear he doesnt even understand what he professes.

Even the scripture he quoted were out of context (as usual).

Bro I advise you to ignore the fellow.
It's a waste of time at this point.

2 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by hoopLA: 6:26am On Sep 15, 2019
If at this point one cannot differentiate between Law and the finished works of Christ, I cannot help you.

I'm pretty much sure that the Law was given to the Jews alone.
I'm pretty sure that you had to undergo certain denunciations as a foreigner to be able to follow the Law.

I'm pretty sure that there was a reason for the veil separating the inner court from the holy of holies being torn the moment Christ died.

I'm pretty sure that Hebrews tells us of a new priesthood that arose after the resurrection of Christ.

So anyone telling me to tithe because Jesus didnt condemn it (even when he also didnt endorse it either) can go ahead and do what they like. The truth is somewhere in the fact that we as Christians are no longer under the obligation to observe the Law as far as Christ has risen from the grave. And that includes tithing.

Uncle jesusjnr, please what does tithing represent post-resurrection?
Please do not use Matthew 23:23. Christ clearly didnt take a position on tithing there. He neither condemned it nor endorsed it.If you cannot do better than Matt 23:23 then admit you have no answer to the question.

3 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by hoopLA: 6:48am On Sep 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Please show where Oyedepo made the comment on the screenshot in the video link. What time duration was that?
This one is forever worshiping the Bishop.
So much so he is deaf,dumb,mute, to the obvious error.
He cannot see, sense, hear, feel anything since it his lord & master at the center of a huge gaffe.

Any small thing this one will pull out Matt 23.23 fir Amy small argument about tithe.

When will this one ever have sense or a mind of his own?

Then he will go and call his attack dog fundamentalist al-baghdadi to back him up.

3 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 15, 2019
hoopLA:
If at this point one cannot differentiate between Law and the finished works of Christ, I cannot help you.

I'm pretty much sure that the Law was given to the Jews alone.
I'm pretty sure that you had to undergo certain denunciations as a foreigner to be able to follow the Law.

I'm pretty sure that there was a reason for the veil separating the inner court from the holy of holies being torn the moment Christ died.

I'm pretty sure that Hebrews tells us of a new priesthood that arose after the resurrection of Christ.

So anyone telling me to tithe because Jesus didnt condemn it (even when he also didnt endorse it either) can go ahead and do what they like. The truth is somewhere in the fact that we as Christians are no longer under the obligation to observe the Law as far as Christ has risen from the grave. And that includes tithing.

Uncle jesusjnr, please what does tithing represent post-resurrection?
Please do not use Matthew 23:23. Christ clearly didnt take a position on tithing there. He neither condemned it nor endorsed it.If you cannot do better than Matt 23:23 then admit you have no answer to the question.

Help me with your ignorance of the Truth?

Please move on.

No point continuing to waste my time with this blind argument.
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by dermmy(m): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
Help me with your ignorance of the Truth?

Please move on.

No point continuing to waste my time with this blind argument.

Answer that question bro, what does tithing represent post-resurrection? You don't answer questions .

2 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 15, 2019
dermmy:

Answer that question bro, what does tithing represent post-resurrection? You don't answer questions .
What does any act of righteousness represent post-resurrection?

There in lies the answer to your question.

What's the point in answering pointless questions?
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by TcaMedia: 8:27am On Sep 15, 2019
Why do people even care to listen to Daddy Freeze.... Isnt it obvious, he is a guy with a mission?
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by CodeTemplar: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
hoopLA:

This one is forever worshiping the Bishop.
So much so he is deaf,dumb,mute, to the obvious error.
He cannot see, sense, hear, feel anything since it his lord & master at the center of a huge gaffe.

Any small thing this one will pull out Matt 23.23 fir Amy small argument about tithe.

When will this one ever have sense or a mind of his own?

Then he will go and call his attack dog fundamentalist al-baghdadi to back him up.

I have a feeling your kidney is in your skull. Seems you village pple are winning the battle 1 - 0.
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Maestro21: 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
petra1:

If you open your eyes you will see the logo that the station he was preaching is loveworld .studio which pastor Chris opened over about 2 years ago

Of course, I am on record here saying it.

There has never been any praise-a-thorn where Rev Chris will tell people sow a $7 seed for 7 blessings etc.

He will always say "Give your best". Because everybody's best is different.

No manipulation. No gimmicks.

The difference between him and these men of self is...he will never castigate anyone. Even when he does not believe in what they teach.

But see how many selfish people started claiming it was their vision and revelation that made Pastor Benny say what he said.
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 01, 2019
generationz:

grin grin grin

When he saw people didn't lap up his bobo juice, baba change mouth.

Your master satan must be utterly disappointed in you. You couldn't pass a little assignment.

John 8:44

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
If there be any truth in the bolded, it shows you that the devil cannot count on me for long, as he does your mammon-worshipping mentor who has been carrying out the devil's assignment of misleading the people into hell with the gospel of mammon for God knows how long.

Something you should understand is that even true prophets of God can make mistakes, but the difference is those who are able to see their error and repent of it as Benny Hinn and myself have done, and those whose hearts are yet hardened and refuse to see it as your mentor Oyedepo.

But obviously you can only see the devils that are far away from you, but keep a blind eye to the devils in you, devils with you, and devils close to you, by your support and alliances with those preaching of the demonic gospels of mammon and homosexuality etc.

So don't remove the big-devil log in your eyes first but be worried about the small-devil speck in someone else's eyes, you generationz of mammon worshippers!

Matthew 7:5 (KJV)

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by generationz(f): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
If there be any truth in the bolded, it shows you that the devil cannot count on me for long, as he does your mammon-worshipping mentor who has been carrying out the devil's assignment of misleading the people into hell with the gospel of mammon for God knows how long.

Something you should understand is that even true prophets of God can make mistakes, but the difference is those who are able to see their error and repent of it as Benny Hinn and myself have done, and those whose hearts are yet hardened and refuse to see it as your mentor Oyedepo.

But obviously you can only see the devils that are far away from you, but keep a blind eye to the devils in you, devils with you, and devils close to you, by your support and alliances with those preaching of the demonic gospels of mammon and homosexuality etc.

So don't remove the big-devil log in your eyes first but be worried about the small-devil speck in someone else's eyes, you generationz of mammon worshippers!

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

So, tell me, when I supported that quote you keep bringing up.

Go back to my all my write-ups and tell me how I supported him?

If a criminal is caught and I give instances why he resorted to crime am I absolving him from Jail time?

Go back and carefully read my comments then look for your hide your face in shame because it was obvious you weren't paying attention in English classes.

Bloody devil's worshipper. grin grin
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 01, 2019
generationz:

So, tell me, when I supported that quote you keep bringing up.

Go back to my all my write-ups and tell me how I supported him?

If a criminal is caught and I give instances why he resorted to crime am I absolving him from Jail time?

Go back and carefully read my comments then look for your hide your face in shame because it was obvious you weren't paying attention in English classes.

Bloody devil's worshipper. grin grin

I have managed to dig up some of your comments here where instead of outrightly denouncing the heresy of your Mammon-worshipping mentor as you had done when it came to my own error, you were busy dancing skelewu and beating about the bush.

You even went to the extent of confronting someone who called him out to show that you're an accomplice if not guilty of same Mammon-worshipping.

generationz:

Please stop posting spreading lies

I have been attending winners for over two years and never for once have I seen papa climb pulpit and ask people to sow for this or that project.

He preaches on faith and that's how he gets his Money. Not by cajoling, guilt tripping or outrightly bullying the members like many prosperity gospel churches do.

Mind you this is being written by someone who attended one of those type of churches for over five years.

Nearly every damn service required sowing seed.

Even calling people outside by name and bullying them to sow.

generationz:

I had not watched the clip before I wrote that.

Okay let's analyze it.

He has been paying tithe for decades and in those decades things have gone well for him and his ministry making it one of the biggest in Africa.
To him, "This has worked for me so if it has worked for me then it should work for everyone else the way it did for me".

[_please read my post just before this one)

generationz:

Continuation

These pastors don't preach the whole truth as things dey shele.

Everyone know papa is a workaholic. Everyone knows it was papa's networking with Hagin, Idahosa, Adeboye and co that made him. Everyone knows it is his strategic planning and vision that has made winners what it is today

When you look at Winners and covenant university , you will know the founder is a Visionary. He isn't the average pastor. Strategic planning with applying every cent to futuristic realization of the goal.
That man runs the church and school like a fortune 500 company. You'll know the people at the elm of affairs know beyond prayers.

But they won't preach these things so much on the altar. You know why

95% of Christians don't want to grow and that's the truth. They are baby Christians. They want milk and not meat. They want:

Do A and you'll get B
Do C and you'll get D

Simple analysis to get wealth.

When A and C fail to produce result B and D they become angry and leave the church. Instead of sitting down and thinking where they went wrong . Where they went wrong in money management, self improvement, studying , networking etc. But most importantly what did wrong when they refused to ask the holy spirit for guidance but choose to follow pastors DIY manual.

Igbokwe thinks it is the spirit of his fathers house that is disturbing his business but it is the fact that he has terrible savings culture that is the problem.

Not that we don't fight spiritual battles but many Christians don't live a balanced life and live in constant fear.

These people apply Principles of hardwork , networking, smart work, continuous self improvement but teach you the half truth you want to hear.

They teach half truths for so long that even they don't know when they begin to spin autocratic webs of lies.
Just like Oyakhilome said man is master and women are slaves to their husbands. Any body listening to Oyakhilome knows the origin of that teaching comes from bitterness towards his wife. He is still very bitter and in his feelings about his failed marriage.

I'm sure if Oyedepo mingles with 30 of his church members who have been paying tithe for years and are still broke, He will reduce the way he pushes this tithing doctrine. The only avenue they get feedback from is testimony. Testimonies doesn't make up the life story of all the church members. People lie in some testimonies too.

He is only pushing this thing because like I said earlier it is what has worked for him for years. It has worked for his mentors and friends also. But it is also half truth because even he didn't rely only on tithing to get this far.

Like Benny Hinn kept repeating in that video he knows he will make many enemies by what he is saying.
People don't know pastors sef are humans like us.

Pastors also pay lip service to friends and mentors, fall into error, get influenced wrongly, and get confused too

That's why it is good to seek the lord yourself.
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by generationz(f): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

I have managed to dig up some of your comments here where instead of outrightly denouncing the heresy of your Mammon-worshipping mentor as you had done when it came to my own error, you were busy dancing skelewu and beating about the bush.

You even went to the extent of confronting someone who called him out to show that you're an accomplice if not guilty of same Mammon-worshipping.

Even the people people I was discussing with agreed with me at the end of it all.

So, show me how I supported that little clip?

Giving reasons why someone said or did something doesn't mean I support it. It only means that unlike you and your blind ilk i can see beyond certain things.

if I say a boy grew up among criminals and that what led him to become a thief, have I supported robbery or am I saying people shouldn't go to jail for robbery?

When they say go to school and learn to read you'll say no. You prefer to become a false prophet.
Re: Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

The bolded point has been justified by your comments below:

generationz:

Even the people people I was discussing with agreed with me at the end of it all.

So, show me how I supported that little clip?

Giving reasons why someone said or did something doesn't mean I support it. It only means that unlike you and your blind ilk i can see beyond certain things.

if I say a boy grew up among criminals and that what led him to become a thief, have I supported robbery or am I saying people shouldn't go to jail for robbery?

When they say go to school and learn to read you'll say no. You prefer to become a false prophet.

generationz:

You on the other hand Satanjnr. You received revelation from the devil tagging it as that of the Holy Spirit.

What revelation in this world overides the confession of Jesus when he said

John 14:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Even if you withdrew that statement you are still a satan worshipper because a true Christian is meant to know that no spiritual revelation is greater than the Bible. Any spiritual revelation is supposed to be checked against the bible. So, this wasn't an error on your part.

You started on here and got disciples. You even gave yourself the name Jesusjnr to glorify your evil ways.

When you thought you had brainwashed followers, you brought out your heresy only to be shut down.

You couldn't take the heat FROM NAIRALAND so you withdrew your false teaching.

Fraud.

Only blind to the preaching of the demonic gospel of mammon and homosexualism etc. by those you support even though they haven't yet repented of it.

So if you like, don't repent but continue walking in your spiritual blindness and ignorance you generationz of mammon worshippers, until you end up in the everlasting pit where all mammon-worshipping Pharisees go.

Matthew 15:14 (KJV)

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Luke 16:9 (KJV)

9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

P.s. No surprises that you could only see the comments of those who supported your view, but were blind to that of those who didn't but unmasked your hypocrisy, wink because that's you just being the blind you that you truly are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dreams and Visions of Heaven And Hell / Powerful Welfare Prayer You Must Pray Everyday / 50+ CHRISTIAN FUNNY MEMES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.