Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] (5376 Views)

I Didn't Trick Her, I Gave Her 40k / I Told Her I Wouldn't Have Sex Until I'm Married. Now, This Is Happening! / The Reply A Lady Gave To A Guy Who Told Her To Cover Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Enwhen(m): 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

It's called "ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend" to indicate that you're no longer in a romantic relationship with that person anymore. It doesn't translate to someone you now see as an enemy or non-friend.

Those calls and friendly attitude are because we were friends while we were still an item... they are because we still consider ourselves friends. And no, the calls aren't frequent or random.

Y'all have your relationships and associations the way you want to, biko.

HOW CAN YOU BE FRIEND WITH YOUR EX ?? and expect nothing to happen within a short run even with some calls and items being shared ??...it can only be possible to keep a friendship with you ex , if u had no real love for him while dating him...the heart break in failed relationships r the sweet memories and friendship ones shared, why trying to bring it back when it's not necessary ...let me tell u, that ur ex still sending u ur old pic, still have some love for u, he still cherish u and those swt memories u both shared. Most girls will always tear their pics , destroy anything in common with him in order not to rekindle swt memories thats irresistible...ex r not ur enemy and they can't be ur friend...
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by DateMynd44(m): 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
Richnerd69:
So , I've been dating this girl for quite some time now, and it's a long distance thing, barely 2months and it's been going all fine and smooth. She's to come stay at my place for some time next month.
One month in, she told me I'm her best friend and the only guy she can trust with everything even her secrets(we share deep things together, and talk for max 4hrs daily on phone ), and that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me and all...
One day over the phone, she told me about one of her exes, a guy she use to know and love and how they both split and went their separate ways .

Going through her FB page days later, I saw a pic she posted and I unconsciously swiped through the comment section(not my thing) , and I saw this particular guy, her ex to be precise(the one she told me about) , telling her he missed her with a love emoji added, and she replies with "me too" + a double love emoji and with a face that's about to cry.. This comment was made 1month 2weeks into our relationship.
I was a bit pissed and then I confronted her over the phone and she told me it wasn't a heart felt thing and she didn't mean it , and besides "it's a normal thing to miss someone", she said . I angrily told her, "it isn't just anyone but your ex!!. Why should you miss him. Am I not enough!? " .Then, I ended the call and sent her a chat. Maybe I'm over reacting, or maybe I need to be worried, but it's not a good feeling I have about this. I don't know, maybe, I need space, or I need to just let her go because she totally sees nothing wrong with it.
hack into her Facebook account, same way I hacked Mine and found out she had a sugar daddy sponsoring her all these while.
without checking her WhatsApp messages and Facebook u won't know if she has skeletons in her cupboard
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by DateMynd44(m): 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
Davash222:
Story. Eve’s daughter don block you since.
hahahaha lmao cheesy u wan give that guy hypertension abi
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2019
Enwhen:

HOW CAN YOU BE FRIEND WITH YOUR EX ?? and expect nothing to happen within a short run even with some calls and items being shared ??...it can only be possible to keep a friendship with you ex , if u had no real love for him while dating him...the heart break in failed relationships r the sweet memories and friendship ones shared, why trying to bring it back when it's not necessary ...let me tell u, that ur ex still sending u ur old pic, still have some love for u, he still cherish u and those swt memories u both shared. Most girls will always tear their pics , destroy anything in common with him in order not to rekindle swt memories thats irresistible...ex r not ur enemy and they can't be ur friend...

Stop prescribing. See how you're making emphatic statements. Lol.

Just do what works for you. kiss
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Enwhen(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Stop prescribing. See how you're making emphatic statements. Lol.

Just do what works for you. kiss

Not prescribing at all...telling u reality, and u know it deep in ur heart.

It works for all without interior motive with their ex!!!!!!....enjoy ur weekend.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Antisocial01: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Maybe that's the problem. You've learnt too many hard lessons.
I'm at the point in my life where I can't be policing anyone about, telling them who to talk to... and who not to. Getting uneasy and insecure over the barest things. I mean,why should I lose sleep over the mere fact that my partner is talking with an ex? undecided The real issues should be... what are they talking about... how often do they keep up communication? Are they arranging meetings? What was their relationship like? What were the circumstances surrounding their breakup? What are the personalities of the people involved?

Or perhaps, my own case is peculiar. Maybe I'm the only person on earth who has exes with whom I have a cordial relationship but we've never and will never get intimate again. smiley
What I stand for is... if it really makes your partner uncomfortable...then do the needful.
It's different strokes for different folks.

Goodluck. kiss
Before I say anything let me first ask is your current lover aware you and your ex still communicate perhaps even still meet
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
Antisocial01:

Before I say anything let me first ask is your current lover aware you and your ex still communicate perhaps even still meet

My dear, what if I'm single to stupor or happily married? Lol. Plis dear, this is a public forum. It's the OP who's in need of advice, not me at all.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Netfilix: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

It's called "ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend" to indicate that you're no longer in a romantic relationship with that person anymore. It doesn't translate to someone you now see as an enemy or non-friend.

Those calls and friendly attitude are because we were friends while we were still an item... they are because we still consider ourselves friends. And no, the calls aren't frequent or random.

Y'all have your relationships and associations the way you want to, biko.

Hi . Hello . that is how you greet your ex.

Anymore conversation about your past would trigger the forgone affection.

It is a lack of respect to your current guy for doing that.

I dön't know why ladies think they understand guys than guys.

I am very sure one of them will still chop you even with all your 'disciplined gra gra.

If e wan reason your matter. You won't see it coming.

But i sense you are a freethinker sha
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by ashawopikin(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2019
Richnerd69:

She wasn't online as at the time I sent those series of texts... Even up till now.
it's like you're texting yaself
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by ashawopikin(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
Why won't she miss Her ex wey don bang her tire? U never even see d pant you are here typing noise
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by BrutusOj(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Maybe that's the problem. You've learnt too many hard lessons.
I'm at the point in my life where I can't be policing anyone about, telling them who to talk to... and who not to. Getting uneasy and insecure over the barest things. I mean,why should I lose sleep over the mere fact that my partner is talking with an ex? undecided The real issues should be... what are they talking about... how often do they keep up communication? Are they arranging meetings? What was their relationship like? What were the circumstances surrounding their breakup? What are the personalities of the people involved?

Or perhaps, my own case is peculiar. Maybe I'm the only person on earth who has exes with whom I have a cordial relationship but we've never and will never get intimate again. smiley
What I stand for is... if it really makes your partner uncomfortable...then do the needful.
It's different strokes for different folks.

Goodluck. kiss
I see maturity all over your post. Life is more than love love as some people see it. An ex whom you have a healthy abi cordial relationship with can be a saviour tomorrow, not just to you but your family. Insecurity makes a lot of people lose contact with good exes.

1 Like

Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Godoverevery: 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
cheesy Lmfao! Literally! cheesy

Why should you miss him. Am I not enough!?

Dear OP, you're not ready for life yet, trust me... if this is how you intend to be policing your significant other about.

These things aren't always that serious. Yes, you're overreacting! I talk to my both exes.

One is always sending pictures of us from way back whenever he stumbles on it. Just two weeks ago, I found one inbetween my books... from 4 years ago and I sent it to him. We laughed over it and all.

But trust me, there's nothing there. Perhaps, if I had a boyfriend like you and he had seen our conversations, he would have been jealous or upset. But really, there's nothing between us. I blocked him on Whatsapp but when either of us calls, we can stay on the phone talking for a decent amount of time.

But then again, I don't think I've ever told either of my exes that I miss them. undecided
if it was the other way round and u re d gf ....it won't be a big deal for you rite
one of d key things av realised to having a good relationship is just respecting each other views about things without questions..it doesn't need to make sense to u once he doesn't like it just play along.....we can never like and dislike d same things.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by ThothHermes: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Dear OP, you're not ready for life yet, trust me... if this is how you intend to be policing your significant other about.

These things aren't always that serious. Yes, you're overreacting! I talk to my both exes.

One is always sending pictures of us from way back whenever he stumbles on it. Just two weeks ago, I found one inbetween my books... from 4 years ago and I sent it to him. We laughed over it and all.

But trust me, there's nothing there. Perhaps, if I had a boyfriend like you and he had seen our conversations, he would have been jealous or upset. But really, there's nothing between us. I blocked him on Whatsapp but when either of us calls, we can stay on the phone talking for a decent amount of time.

But then again, I don't think I've ever told either of my exes that I miss them. undecided
No wonder you have two exes. It will soon be three. angry
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by pcicero(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2019
Caption should read, 'Man send messages to no one (himself), screenshot attached'

We can see sender or respondent's details and messages are not delivered or read. So, we can reach our conclusions.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Chukapage(m): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2019
MariaLavina:
When I read your post the first word that came to my mind is Insecurity but reading through comments I thought you are just an overly sensitive (emotional being) but this post confirms my initial perception.
You are INSECURE!
You believe what happened in your former relationship will happen again and your lady being a beautiful one increases your anxiety. You don't believe in the relationship because you don't believe in you being enough, that prompt your question' am I not enough'? Lol dude that question will be difficult to answer by any one especially when it's asked by someone you barely know for two months. My question to you is, Do you see yourself being enough? Are you valuable enough? How do you see yourself? Do you think she's too good for you? Work on your state of mind (esteem and confidence) You lack those two.

Now to telling an ex you miss them(him/her) Honestly speaking it is wrong especially when you are in a relationship. It refreshes memories and awaken desires to be together again. It is like saying there is a vacuum somewhere your current partner isn't filling and if there should be anyone to know this it should be ones current partner and not an ex. However we all should realize that ex's were once part of our lives and some can not be easily forgotten so it's normal to miss them. Op, telling your girlfriend you needed some space is wrong. You should have let your plight known to her, and work things out.That is how to build a relationship, your actions at such an early stage of your relationship shows you don't value her and sadly she might have interpreted it that way. You don't just pull out of things that way, you should have given her a benefit of doubt.
Aunty free matters Op na wimp the lady in question don block am sef grin grin cheesy
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by djoe21(m): 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Women! They always think they are in control until something nasty happens undecided
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Richnerd69: 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2019
ashawopikin:
Why won't she miss Her ex wey don bang her tire? U never even see d pant you are here typing noise

Alas! A dimwit that reasons with his phallus cheesy
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Richnerd69: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2019
pcicero:
Caption should read, 'Man send messages to no one (himself), screenshot attached'

We can see sender or respondent's details and messages are not delivered or read. So, we can reach our conclusions.

Quit acting like you need to be schooled. The screenshot was taken immediately I typed those stuff cuz I might delete them if she doesn't read it in 10mins... I typed all that due to anger/emotions and in the next 10-30mins I might delete them if my mood changes, but She wasnt online, of which she called me later after getting my messages.

Chukapage:
Aunty free matters Op na wimp the lady in question don block am sef grin grin cheesy

I don't have to explain myself. Maybe you haven't sent a message to someone and it wasn't delivered because the receiver's data wasn't turned on or was probably used up.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by pcicero(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
Richnerd69:

Quit acting like you need to be schooled. The screenshot was taken immediately I typed those stuff cuz I might delete them if she doesn't read it in 10mins... I typed all that due to anger/emotions and in the next 10-30mins I might delete them if my mood changes, but She wasnt online, of which she called me later after getting my messages.

I don't have to explain myself. Maybe you haven't sent a message to someone and it wasn't delivered because the receiver's data wasn't turned on or was probably used up.

Mtcheww. As if your explanation changed anything. You could not muster enough courage to send the message and you're tearing us down online for exposing your ridiculous thread.
Yeye paper tiger.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2019
You never see anything. You were busy chatting with yourself.

Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Richnerd69: 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2019
pcicero:

Mtcheww. As if your explanation changed anything. You could not muster enough courage to send the message and you're tearing us down online for exposing your ridiculous thread.
Yeye paper tiger.

Gosh, to think I'm even relating with an adult. The message was sent. Don't be dumb. How did you scale through high school? Don't be acting like I sat on your brain cheesy
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Richnerd69: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2019
FromZeroToHero:

Tell me something I haven't heard all day.You're not the first tot wannabe to say this cheesy.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by damtan(m): 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2019
These girls ain't loyal.
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by 2rez: 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2019
Wetin attract my interest for this matter na as una two take dey talk max 4hrs daily for phone. How una dey do am wey una no dey taya

Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by ashawopikin(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2019
Richnerd69:

Alas! A dimwit that reasons with his phallus cheesy
mugu wey no wan hear advice, she's being dicked u are here complaining, ODE!
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by ashawopikin(m): 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2019
FromZeroToHero:
no mind d mumu
Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by Juliearth(f): 6:53am On Dec 10, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Honey, its not just about keeping tabs with a supposed ex, but the nature of the messages shared. A lady who is seeing someone has no business sending love emoji to an ex. I feel its highly disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: I Told Her I Needed Space...see Why[screenshot] by CAPTIVATOR: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Women and double standards , I hope you would say the bolded if your fiance Does same, telling an ex he missed her adding love emoji .

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 Years Old Lady Commit Suicide Due To Her Poor Results In Jamb (photos) / Why Do Men Usually Have Erections Just Before Dawn? / Three Ways to Be Loved and Respected By Women [Picture]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.