Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? (34802 Views)

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby / Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2019
Omojudy:
Hard and long.
March last year I applied in Lagos. Ministry of women affairs I think?
They are supposed to approve then you go to the orphanage of your choice where you probably have visited before and had a choice child. The fee ought to be in the “legal” range of 300k.

I kept following up every month until one day the lady told me they hadn’t still treated the applicants of the previous year. That I will receive a call when they get to my turn. Well that call has still not come, and I didn’t want to use connection to do an adoption. I believed if it’s the way I am to have my child, I won’t need to do connection for it.

Well I decided to do a surrogacy in the meantime and God has been faithful! I bless him for it.

http://astrongnigerianwoman.com/

Wow.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Nsiehi: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
HBB1:

It should take you like 6 months in the UK.

There is nothing like a child having a home he can call his own-- an orphanage can never cut it.

Maybe the Nigerian government has its reasons though...

Middle aged parents, instead of thinking of how to make their children-in-laws' lives horrible can pour the rest of their lives into some child or children!

I know a woman who adopted 4 kids, she is middle aged, and it's a joy to watch her with those kids. ( She has her own kids BTW)

Anyway sha...

The ministry of women affairs in each state has to meticulously scrutinise the adoption process because Nigeria is quite unique. The ministry receives loads and loads of reports of cases of child trafficking, rituals and abuse. In order to curtail these events and ensure that the child will be placed in safe households, they spend a lot of time before the adoption doing some background checks on the prospective adoptive parents.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Elamin21(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

He's a super mod... responsible for closing threads, moving all snake-infested articles to front page, and whatever other article tickles his fancy. He hides comments and bans people too.
OK thanks now I know.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by sinaj(f): 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
liberalchick:
Oh ok. Thank you for the info.

you is welcoming.
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by alizma: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
Jentle244:

See catching.... it is very rare...if fact it is non existent to see a woman adopt a baby after having her own kids...2kids for that matter.... Why not have more babies if u feel u can cater for them....or kukuma ask the PROCEDURES FOR OPENING AN ORPHANAGE....if u so like plenty children
Your way of life is not the same as others. I have the same plan just like hers too. I just want to be there for a child or two that need parents.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by favour32(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2019
skylarr:
It’s unfortunate all those commenting have nothing sensible to say. Sheer waste of space instead of just reading and moving along. Kids everywhere.
It is easy to know a dependent fellow from comment.
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by wasak(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
Babaflenjor:
Good morning Nairalander and happy Sunday. Pls I seriously want to know the process and cost of ADOPTING a baby in Nigeria, particularly Lagos thanks.

Drop your mail, I can send you a short legal article I wrote on this topic.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by bigtt76(f): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
It's talks such as this that discourages people from adoption... We should try and stop this habit. angry

Jentle244:

See catching.... it is very rare...if fact it is non existent to see a woman adopt a baby after having her own kids...2kids for that matter.... Why not have more babies if u feel u can cater for them....or kukuma ask the PROCEDURES FOR OPENING AN ORPHANAGE....if u so like plenty children

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by clems88(m): 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
In Nigeria its not advisable to adopt when you already have kids because the adopted child will be maltreated by the parents biological kids. angry
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by tck2000(m): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
///
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by clems88(m): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
Ama80:
A friend used up to 1.5 million to adopt one at Onitsha. Yes,u heard me right
hmm . are they selling the baby sad 1.5m
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by frikpus: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
you have to go through ministry of women affairs. you have the right to adopt whoever that pleases u to adopt, only when u follow the right procedure.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by onadana: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
Omojudy:
Hard and long.
They are supposed to approve then you go to the orphanage of your choice where you probably have visited before and had a choice child. The fee ought to be in the “legal” range of 300k.

I kept following up every month until one day the lady told me they hadn’t still treated the applicants of the previous year. That I will receive a call when they get to my turn. Well that call has still not come, and I didn’t want to use connection to do an adoption. I believed if it’s the way I am to have my child, I won’t need to do connection for it.

Well I decided to do a surrogacy in the meantime and God has been faithful! I bless him for it.

Its more than N300,000 presently.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by mokaflex(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2019
Says me!!! and you must comment abi? Show me one comment that has been helpful here?
dumahi:

Says who? If you don't know something, there are people who know. So, keep quiet. You mustn't comment.
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by mokaflex(m): 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
You deserve a punch if you think it’s a wrong pisure grin
DRPAIT123:

And you are posting the wrong picture shocked
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by delishpot: 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
ShenTeh:
I also require this information.

Thank you op.

In my case, the 2 children are my orphaned niece and nephew.

Every suggestion is welcome. Note they have been with me for 3 years now.

Court will direct you on how to legally adopt them. But, why not leave them as descendants of their late parents and be the support they need without making them legally yours?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Luizkid(m): 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
Omojudy:
Hard and long.

300 what?? Na him even poor pipo go dey shout adoption adoption anyhow grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Jentle244: 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
pappybarry:
you get wahala o bros, and no be small one. How is it your consign if she wants to adopt children and did she ask you she needed an opinion about orphanage and what not? Una sef..

It consigns me the moment she brought it on social media especially a Nigerian platform such as Nairaland for opinion and now I have given my opinion or rather suggestion and now u say I get wahala...

Na who no get wahala?
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Jentle244: 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2019
bigtt76:
It's talks such as this that discourages people from adoption... We should try and stop this habit. angry

It is just my opinion.... if she is so keen on adoption she would not mind my opinion and go ahead with her desire
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Jentle244: 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
colizee:

You need sense

Na u need sense pass....infact go subscribe for sense for September. the month just start so e never late
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Caseless: 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

Better say the truth...
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by delpee(f): 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2019
If you're in Lagos, visit the Ministry of Youth and Social Development, Alausa for accurate information. Never try to adopt from orphanages without involving government agencies. You could be dealing with baby factories, kidnappers or child traffickers in disguise.

Adoption process may sometimes be long and cumbersome but people succeed and are happy with their decision.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Caseless: 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
ShenTeh:
I also require this information.

Thank you op.

In my case, the 2 children are my orphaned niece and nephew.

Every suggestion is welcome. Note they have been with me for 3 years now.
you have them already, why adopting them again? Both parents no more?
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Caseless: 12:05am On Sep 09, 2019
Omojudy:
Hard and long.

Judith...Judith! See as you made me to go read stories on your blog.
You don't complete your stories, why?

Is that you in the picture?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by AmazingGod: 12:12am On Sep 09, 2019
Amazingman:
The question was how much not the argument above pls.
/00
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by ShenTeh(m): 12:48am On Sep 09, 2019
Caseless:
you have them already, why adopting them again? Both parents no more?

delishpot:

Court will direct you on how to legally adopt them. But, why not leave them as descendants of their late parents and be the support they need without making them legally yours?
... Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Omojudy: 3:24am On Sep 09, 2019
Caseless:
Judith...Judith! See as you made me to go read stories on your blog.
You don't complete your stories, why?

Is that you in the picture?

Did you enjoy the true stories? Well I can’t talk about my life in one day! Smiles.
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Omojudy: 3:26am On Sep 09, 2019
Luizkid:

300 what?? Na him even poor pipo go dey shout adoption adoption anyhow grin grin
Some orphanages Dey try pass some people home so they have to ensure the kids will be well cared for!

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Omojudy: 3:27am On Sep 09, 2019
onadana:

Its more than N300,000 presently.
I expect so!
Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Omojudy: 3:29am On Sep 09, 2019
bskyb:

Thanks for your reasonable response.
I wonder what sort of joy people derive by giving responses that belittle rather than offer help
Well, I am reasonable like that! Lol.
Hope you checked and shared my blog?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? by Boombaby: 6:24am On Sep 09, 2019
Please be careful where you see info on adoption. Go to the ministry of women affairs. Even at the orphanage do not do backyard runs

There are syndicates that steal children and give to wanting parents if you are caught with a stolen child you go to jail. Whether knowingly or unknowingly.

So the ministry of woman affairs is your first call or you visit a registered orphanage like Little Saints orphanage. They will give you the full procedure. Don't listen to anyone that wants to fast forward it for you o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter / Oyo-ita Gives Parents Of Quintuplets’ House, Job / Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.