Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? (17713 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by ultimatekint(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2019
I worship my God at home without any disturbance.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Kay25(m): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=grossintel post=82029158]Last time I went to church was 4 years ago, Reason, churches are scams! hahaha the church itself is about the body of christ not the building or gathering of the people alone.when christ is not involved then it is a scam yet there are still churches on the foundation of christ
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by ultimatekint(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Kay25(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=ultimatekint post=82029664]I worship my God at home without any disturbance. Are u serious?and no disturbance I did try that but I could not concentrate
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Well, as a Catholic, the priests don't know how to preach something worth my time. It's synonymous with almost all Catholic churches I've been to.
Say the reading is about how Jesus fed 5000 men with 5 loaves of bread and two fish, I know it's difficult to explain but it's unnecessary to stand in that pulpit for more than 2 hours beating about the bush on the message. I want to hear something that'll have a positive impact on my life.
Preach about our daily lives. Catholics just go to church cos they feel they will go to hell if they don't and that the solution to their problems lies in going to church. That's all.
That's why you'll leave your seat to go receive communion and someone will steal the phone you plugged in the wall socket cos priests only recite the bible and rarely teach good morals and etiquettes in church.
Although some protestant churches are good at addressing these issues but their mode of operation is completely brainwashing their members...but that's a story for another time.

I feel your pain bro
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by jerrytailad: 10:39am On Sep 08, 2019
A̳ l̳a̳d̳y̳ w̳e̳n̳t̳ t̳o̳ t̳h̳e̳ P̳a̳s̳t̳o̳r̳ a̳n̳d̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳�� .̳.̳.̳ I̳ w̳o̳n̳'̳t̳ b̳e̳ a̳t̳t̳e̳n̳d̳i̳n̳g̳ C̳h̳u̳r̳c̳h̳ a̳n̳y̳m̳o̳r̳e̳.̳.̳
H̳e̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳,̳ m̳a̳y̳ I̳ a̳s̳k̳ w̳h̳y̳?̳?̳
S̳h̳e̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳,̳ I̳ s̳e̳e̳ p̳e̳o̳p̳l̳e̳ o̳n̳ t̳h̳e̳i̳r̳ c̳e̳l̳l̳ p̳h̳o̳n̳e̳s̳ d̳u̳r̳i̳n̳g̳ t̳h̳e̳ s̳e̳r̳v̳i̳c̳e̳,̳ s̳o̳m̳e̳ a̳r̳e̳ g̳o̳s̳s̳i̳p̳i̳n̳g̳,̳ s̳o̳m̳e̳ j̳u̳s̳t̳ a̳i̳n̳'̳t̳ l̳i̳v̳i̳n̳g̳ r̳i̳g̳h̳t̳,̳ t̳h̳e̳y̳ a̳r̳e̳ a̳l̳l̳ j̳u̳s̳t̳ h̳y̳p̳o̳c̳r̳i̳t̳e̳s̳.̳.̳.̳
T̳h̳e̳ P̳a̳s̳t̳o̳r̳ g̳o̳t̳ s̳i̳l̳e̳n̳t̳,̳ a̳n̳d̳ h̳e̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳,̳ O̳K̳.̳.̳.̳ B̳u̳t̳ c̳a̳n̳ I̳ a̳s̳k̳ y̳o̳u̳ t̳o̳ d̳o̳ s̳o̳m̳e̳t̳h̳i̳n̳g̳ f̳o̳r̳ m̳e̳ b̳e̳f̳o̳r̳e̳ y̳o̳u̳ m̳a̳k̳e̳ y̳o̳u̳r̳ f̳i̳n̳a̳l̳ d̳e̳c̳i̳s̳i̳o̳n̳?̳
S̳h̳e̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳,̳ w̳h̳a̳t̳'̳s̳ t̳h̳a̳t̳?̳
H̳e̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳,̳ t̳a̳k̳e̳ a̳ g̳l̳a̳s̳s̳ o̳f̳ w̳a̳t̳e̳r̳ a̳n̳d̳ w̳a̳l̳k̳ a̳r̳o̳u̳n̳d̳ t̳h̳e̳ C̳h̳u̳r̳c̳h̳ 2⃣̳ t̳i̳m̳e̳s̳ a̳n̳d̳ d̳o̳n̳'̳t̳ l̳e̳t̳ a̳n̳y̳ w̳a̳t̳e̳r̳ f̳a̳l̳l̳ o̳u̳t̳ t̳h̳e̳ g̳l̳a̳s̳s̳.̳
S̳h̳e̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳,̳ y̳e̳s̳ I̳ c̳a̳n̳ d̳o̳ t̳h̳a̳t̳!̳
S̳h̳e̳ c̳a̳m̳e̳ b̳a̳c̳k̳ a̳n̳d̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳ i̳t̳'̳s̳ d̳o̳n̳e̳.̳
H̳e̳ a̳s̳k̳e̳d̳ h̳e̳r̳ 3⃣̳ q̳u̳e̳s̳t̳i̳o̳n̳s̳:̳
1⃣̳.̳ D̳i̳d̳ y̳o̳u̳ s̳e̳e̳ a̳n̳y̳b̳o̳d̳y̳ o̳n̳ t̳h̳e̳i̳r̳ p̳h̳o̳n̳e̳?̳
2⃣̳.̳ D̳i̳d̳ y̳o̳u̳ s̳e̳e̳ a̳n̳y̳b̳o̳d̳y̳ g̳o̳s̳s̳i̳p̳i̳n̳g̳?̳
3⃣̳.̳ W̳a̳s̳ a̳n̳y̳b̳o̳d̳y̳ l̳i̳v̳i̳n̳g̳ w̳r̳o̳n̳g̳?̳
S̳h̳e̳ s̳a̳i̳d̳,̳ I̳ d̳i̳d̳n̳'̳t̳ s̳e̳e̳ a̳n̳y̳t̳h̳i̳n̳g̳ b̳e̳c̳a̳u̳s̳e̳ I̳ w̳a̳s̳ s̳o̳ f̳o̳c̳u̳s̳e̳d̳ o̳n̳ t̳h̳i̳s̳ g̳l̳a̳s̳s̳,̳ s̳o̳ t̳h̳e̳ w̳a̳t̳e̳r̳ w̳o̳u̳l̳d̳n̳'̳t̳ f̳a̳l̳l̳.̳
H̳e̳ t̳o̳l̳d̳ h̳e̳r̳,̳ w̳h̳e̳n̳ y̳o̳u̳ c̳o̳m̳e̳ t̳o̳ C̳h̳u̳r̳c̳h̳ ,̳ y̳o̳u̳ s̳h̳o̳u̳l̳d̳ b̳e̳ j̳u̳s̳t̳ t̳h̳a̳t̳ f̳o̳c̳u̳s̳e̳d̳ o̳n̳ G̳o̳d̳ ,̳ s̳o̳ t̳h̳a̳t̳ Y̳O̳U̳ d̳o̳n̳'̳t̳ f̳a̳l̳l̳.̳
T̳H̳A̳T̳'̳S̳ W̳H̳Y̳ J̳E̳S̳U̳S̳ S̳A̳I̳D̳ "̳F̳O̳L̳L̳O̳W̳ M̳E̳,̳"̳!̳!̳!̳
H̳e̳ d̳i̳d̳ n̳o̳t̳ s̳a̳y̳ f̳o̳l̳l̳o̳w̳ C̳h̳r̳i̳s̳t̳i̳a̳n̳s̳.̳

D̳o̳n̳'̳t̳ l̳e̳t̳ y̳o̳u̳r̳ r̳e̳l̳a̳t̳i̳o̳n̳s̳h̳i̳p̳ w̳i̳t̳h̳ G̳o̳d̳ b̳e̳ d̳e̳t̳e̳r̳m̳i̳n̳e̳d̳ b̳y̳ h̳o̳w̳ o̳t̳h̳e̳r̳s̳ r̳e̳l̳a̳t̳e̳ w̳i̳t̳h̳ G̳o̳d̳.̳ L̳e̳t̳ i̳t̳ b̳e̳ d̳e̳t̳e̳r̳m̳i̳n̳e̳d̳ b̳y̳ h̳o̳w̳ f̳o̳c̳u̳s̳e̳d̳ y̳o̳u̳ a̳r̳e̳ w̳i̳t̳h̳ G̳o̳d̳.̳
P̳l̳e̳a̳s̳e̳ s̳h̳a̳r̳e̳ t̳h̳i̳s̳ m̳e̳s̳s̳a̳g̳e̳ w̳i̳t̳h̳ o̳t̳h̳e̳r̳s̳!̳!̳����

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Bithub: 10:40am On Sep 08, 2019
eagleeye2:
Everyone is allowed to comment on Christian threads, but the Islam threads require that I swear an allegiance to Allah and Mohammed. .... even here that is a faceless forum, hypocrisy abounds.

Preach
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Bbjbt123: 10:40am On Sep 08, 2019
Where Jesus said u should go to church on Sunday. Straight question
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by showafrica(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2019
efighter:

I pay children's school fees in instalment. Every month, I pay 50K into the school's account. For the coming term, I have plus 200K balance in the school account. When the school removes this term's fee, what I will be owing should be minimal. By the time I pay September instalment, I should be having a Credit difference. Then, I will pay October, November and December instalment, by the time another term starts in January, the outstanding should be minimal.

As for new uniform, shoes, bags, e.t.c., start buying immediately school goes on holiday, by the time of resumption, you would have bought the major things.

Is that how person go dey live? I no know ooo.

At least you see stable sth monthly though still not the best. some of us don't see anything in a bad month like June July of heavy rain. I keep saying it, to survive and lead an average life in Nigeria you need 20k daily income, that's about 600k per month. Hopefully, we Will get there and pass am
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by frowland(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2019
Hakeem12:
People who were taught not to question their religious indoctrination will always feel persecuted by those who have the common sense to question their beliefs. This is their cognitive dissonance kicking in. They can't believe anyone has the audacity to question what they were taught not to. People can refuse to go to church or mosque because they don't want to, it's that simple. It's funny when religious people look at you with pity in their eyes, when you reject their teachings, like they have won the lotto and you're missing out on something big. Let people be, you preach live and let live, yet wake people up every money with noise, preach on buses, go from house to house and shiit. If religious people had their way, they would throw people in jail for not practicing religion. I say this because one moment they are enticing you with heaven, the next, scaring you with eternal damnation.

Interesting

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by SyberKate(f): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Well, as a Catholic, the priests don't know how to preach something worth my time. It's synonymous with almost all Catholic churches I've been to.
Say the reading is about how Jesus fed 5000 men with 5 loaves of bread and two fish, I know it's difficult to explain but it's unnecessary to stand in that pulpit for more than 2 hours beating about the bush on the message. I want to hear something that'll have a positive impact on my life.
Preach about our daily lives. Catholics just go to church cos they feel they will go to hell if they don't and that the solution to their problems lies in going to church. That's all.
That's why you'll leave your seat to go receive communion and someone will steal the phone you plugged in the wall socket cos priests only recite the bible and rarely teach good morals and etiquettes in church.
Although some protestant churches are good at addressing these issues but their mode of operation is completely brainwashing their members...but that's a story for another time.
My brother, I call you my brother because I'm a Catholic too.
Now get this, the thing you have to understand about the Catholic Church is that it's focus is on teaching you specific aspects of Christianity at a particular time. That's why the readings are broken down and choosen in such a way that they tell the same message.
You are expected to go to church every Sunday because each Sunday has a different message to pass on to you. Like you said they do the reading of how Jesus fed 5000 people with five loaves of bread, it is the duty of the priest to break down the message into something that can be applied in your daily life. The Catholic Church is not like the Protestants where they want to teach you every thing and inspire you all in one day. NO
And speaking about inspiring you, there are societies you can get involved with during the week for that, rather than being a Sunday Sunday Christian.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Fouronetwo: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2019
frowland:

hmmm, if not that you are newly registered I would have asked for your bank account. Hope you pull through.

pls i don't get it.How does his new NL account stop u from helping if u truly wanna help.Stop being stupid,u just wanted to mock the guy.This reminds me of a guy who asked for financial assistance here some days back.Can u imagine that after a lengthy explanation and even inclusion of his real names which alot verified,some were making fun of him even calling him a scammer .i paticular guy(a smart idiot) was @ the forefront. I felt really bad that day.some nigerians could be so cruel..in fact MANY.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by demmy66: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2019
eagleeye2:
Everyone is allowed to comment on Christian threads, but the Islam threads require that I swear an allegiance to Allah and Mohammed. .... even here that is a faceless forum, hypocrisy abounds.
if you are sincere to yourself and throw any iota of hypocracy away, ask yourself this question.. ' did you see any Muslim insulting you on this thread like Christian do on their thread'

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by explosiveskull(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2019
IF I don't feel like I won't go but if MY mum will be angry that I won't go then I'll go cos I can't imagine getting her angry
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by umarfantami(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=Kay25 post=82029606][/quote]This is what the vesre said

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching"

my question is where was the wards "CHURCH" OR "SUNDAY" is mentioned in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by efighter: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2019
showafrica:

At least you see stable sth monthly though still not the best. some of us don't see anything in a bad month like June July of heavy rain. I keep saying it, to survive and lead an average life in Nigeria you need 20k daily income, that's about 600k per month. Hopefully, we Will get there and pass am

God will pick your call my brother. Living on Nigeria is hard
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by toye440: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2019
calddon:
What part of the Bible made it law to go to church only on Sundays?

We tend to customize so many things that we do those things as mere formality
Hebrews 10 Vs 25
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by drmikeadams(m): 11:16am On Sep 08, 2019
Kalixx:
LOL cos we come back the same.

We continue cheating, lying, drinking and fornicating.

As Im typing this, some unmarried people just had sex this morning before going to church, and some will have booked down an olosho this evening.

So who church epp?
grin grin grin grin. I swear we too like deceive our selves wit Christianity,year in year out no change grin na to go do fashion,then enrich our daddy GO then continue our immoral ways

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by karlboss: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2019
Mhizjay09:
There's too much hypocrisy in churches today. The same people who claim to love one are the ones speaking and doing evil things against one. Most of the evils we have in the society today are being perpetuated by so-called church going Christians; even the pastors. I do not feel comfortable in the midst of all these and I believe that I don't have to be in church before I can pray to and communicate with God.

I don't go to church but some weeks back my boss talked about emptying ones cup in life. So I entered church last Sunday I enjoyed the preaching but the pastor talked about other religions going to hell because of........ Dat statement made me angry and upset.

I am seriously struggling to believe in religion but the evidence against it is strong
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Collins87: 11:21am On Sep 08, 2019
To me, not going to Church on Sundays is no jokes. Some people don't go because of the following: No fine cloth, no money, hunger(no strength), paganism, witchcraft etc.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by frowland(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2019
Fouronetwo:

pls i don't get it.How does his new NL account stop u from helping if u truly wanna help.Stop being stupid,u just wanted to mock the guy.This reminds me of a guy who asked for financial assistance here some days back.Can u imagine that after a lengthy explanation and even inclusion of his real names which alot verified,some were making fun of him even calling him a scammer .i paticular guy(a smart idiot) was @ the forefront. I felt really bad that day.some nigerians could be so cruel..in fact MANY.

Hmm, calling me stupid? I laugh!!
Anyways, I have been here and active far longer than most. I know better mate, and am in the best position to decide who to give and who to be skeptical of.
My private mails are filled with such type of needy requests and when I check their profile, they are basically newly registered members.
When I saw his post, I decided to see how long he have been here to know the authenticity and ask for bank details only to discover he just registered few days ago.
Not that I don't believe him but I am just being careful. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by sweetrace(f): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2019
I love church with a passion. I love praise and worship. I love to listen to messages.

But I’ve not been to church for a couple of years. I Hate the fact that some pastors think that they are superstars and the congregation their audience. Sometimes, there’s hardly any difference between a show and what goes on churches.

I love to give, but I hate all that begging for money that goes on in churches. It strips them off their dignity. I will prefer a pastor to say the church has running costs and we should all come together to offset this. Instead of claiming My prosperity is tied to this.

A Christian is supposed to be passionate about preaching the word of God. Freely have we received and freely we should give. These days, a pastor won’t preach in another church unless he is paid to do it in the name of honorarium.

Church is where Christians should fellowship together. But most often, we mind our business and keep to ourselves. When I reach out to others, sometimes, I discover some of the most fraudulent people are in churches. I might as well watch the pastors on tv and worship with the angels.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by jesmond3945: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2019
PotatoSalad:

You see thats what I'm talking about. People like you
take several seats bro.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by OluwasureGig: 11:38am On Sep 08, 2019
efighter:

I pay children's school fees in instalment. Every month, I pay 50K into the school's account. For the coming term, I have plus 200K balance in the school account. When the school removes this term's fee, what I will be owing should be minimal. By the time I pay September instalment, I should be having a Credit difference. Then, I will pay October, November and December instalment, by the time another term starts in January, the outstanding should be minimal.

As for new uniform, shoes, bags, e.t.c., start buying immediately school goes on holiday, by the time of resumption, you would have bought the major things.

Is that how person go dey live? I no know ooo.
wow you are a rich man .how do you make all these money.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by OluwasureGig: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2019
showafrica:

600k to lead an average life in a month? come on man

3 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by EgunMogaji2: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2019
Kay25:
ummmm but bible says we should honour the Lord' day and also not to forsake the gathering of saints

That’s your interpretation Sir.

I don’t need another man to interpret the Bible for me. I’ll do just fine.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Serveyouright(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2019
Church in Nigeria is a scam. A place where people with illegal and stolen wealth is worship. No preaching of salvation and love which is primary aim of establishing worship center. Jesus Christ establish church on Earth in order for those who believe in him unite and love themselves, but here reverse is the case. The love for fellow human has so depreciate to the point that human being slaughtered, murdered, kill his fellow human being without conscience and pity, this keep going on even when we have worshipping centre spread accross the Nation. Accumulation of wealth through stealing by public office holder has become something to worried about, and the question is are they not Christian that suppose to be contented with what God has blessed them with. Church should as a matter of urgent important change their mode of preaching if not people will continue to loss hope on them. Doing the right thing now in our nation is a sin because illegality has been given a position in our society. Government institution that provided service is now an institution of bribery and corruption and question is are we not having Christian there?
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by calddon(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2019
toye440:
Hebrews 10 Vs 25
assembly together is law but did the scriptures set Sundays apart for such gathering?

My point is this, let's focus on the works of being Christian not the words.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2019
Sonnobax15:
I gave GOD an option-"BLESS ME AND I'LL SERVE YOU TILL MY VERY LAST DAY ON EARTH"...so it's left 4 him to decide....Because i don't see any reason why i should go to church when it's obvious that i'm broke..

You gave God an option, what if God gives you an option , serve me or die.

He has already given you somethine more valuable and more costly than money.

No amount of money can buy life, your health is a gift.
Your sight, your legs, your immune system, you got no cancer, no tumor etc.

The financial difficulties we face is a problem created by man.
You find a way out, do not put it on God.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by greatbrian(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2019
A ti lo, a ti de
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by chigoziri2403(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
emmy512:

Goods question.

It's been seven years since I last went to church on my own terms without forceful invitation or wedding related.

I can tell you this.

1.i believe if the church is meant to teach and correct and the Bible treated as a curriculum I should've been done with the Bible in atleast 10 years.

2.they preach the same thing over and over again.
I believe every human knows right from wrong so they don't need anybody reminding them.

3. I follow the ten commandments and most of all love ur neighbor as yourself, if you do follow the ten commandments u will henof no sin, but to sin is part of human nature so no matter the preach we will still sin.

4. The Bible is just a collection of books collected by men,
Yes we may say books written by apostles or disciples with inspiration from God but in a language different from what we know today.dont you think some meaning could've been lost because of translation from men.
Today we have many versions of Bible where same passage may mean different things contextually.

5.the church is now materialized.
You can't go to church without thinking how you look, if you're presentable or not and if you're not you decide not to go to church, pure hipocrisy because u placed your looks above the God you wish to worship.

6.the church is now a business oriented institution,
If I don't have money for offering and tight I feel guilty, why? Because we have been conditioned by our society Wich was conditioned by religion to give offering.

Churches building schools that their members can't attend with the offering from members.
Where do their profits go.

Men of God outshining the reachest men flaunting their wealth gotten from church coffers.

7.worst is the different churches breaking out from another church for a selfish purpose.

8.its filled with gossipers and unwanted competition from fellow members, show off from members etc.

9.theres is no love in the church.

10.they preach prosperity and leave the issues surrounding us outside making us feel we haven't achieved anything while listening to their sermons.

11. The pastor's don't even know the history of their religion.

12. Worst is when I'm told not to question the things God has done and how he did it.
The choose to blind me by saying have faith and believe.

I don't even want to go to stickers, holy water,
you just spoke my mind, church is purely family business
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by toye440: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
calddon:
assembly together is law but did the scriptures set Sundays apart for such gathering?

My point is this, let's focus on the works of being Christian not the words.
It says " do not neglect the gathering of brethren". Globally christians agree to meet on sundays like the muslims on friday. Albeit i'm less concerned about the meeting day or point, the work is what am after.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / Being Pure In Heart Can Be Traced To These 5 Things.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.