Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments (30078 Views)

Chinese Firm Plotting To Strip Nigeria Of Assets, Embarrass Tinubu– Bayo Onanuga / Wike Orders Prosecution Of Amaechi, Cole Over Alleged Sale Of Assets / Court Orders Permanent Forfeiture Of Assets Linked To Oyo-ita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by justtoodark: 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2019
KekeNash:

so you want Dstv to be like your stupid NTA? Lol! i watch it whenever i want a good laugh, stupidity everywhere.

chai....what is exactly your problem....!!??

what exactly dont you understand under the term agreement....??

nigeria is still trying to protect yours in nigeria....

south africa will loose in this matter....!!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by KekeNash(f): 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2019
Wallade:

You mean you don't have miserable TV stations like NTA in South Africa, LOL. Have you seen some other Nigerian TV stations.

Your DSTV survives in Nigeria owing to monopoly majorly. Majority subscribe to it majorly because of European football. Every other programme is just OK and obtainable on cheaper Cable TV.

Besides, this discussion is not about cable TV, it is about South Africans despicable, disrespectful, hateful, dangerous and xenophobic tendencies.

do we have miserable TV station like NTA in SA? NO! Your other sensible tv stations are privately owned, yours was the dead and buried Tstv!, am talking about NTA International my foot!
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by chinchonglee(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
Wallade:

Thank you for the information on extract 1. That means StanbicIBTC should be on the potential list for Asset Nationalization, not Standard Chartered Bank.

On the extract 2.: You are less informed about Nigerian multinational and bluechip companies because you don't research and they don't operate in your country.
Pls name 15 multi-nationals Nigeria has.

Dnt mention banks cos our banks dnt operate in South Africa
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by COCKCROW: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
A USELESS WORDING BY A USELESS GOVT. WGICH IS MORE VALUE LIVES OR NIGERIANS OR LIABILITY
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by Wallade(m): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
chinchonglee:

Pls name 15 multi-nationals Nigeria has.

Dnt mention banks cos our banks dnt operate in South Africa

Must Nigerian banks operate in South Africa? Is South Africa the basis of determination of multinational?

A multinational corporation (MNC) or worldwide enterprise is a corporate organization that owns or controls production of goods or services in at least one country other than its home country.[10][11] Black's Law Dictionary suggests that a company or group should be considered a multinational corporation if it derives 25% or more of its revenue from out-of-home-country operations.

List of Nigerian Multinational Companies/Corporations

1. Dongote Cement - Dangote Group
2. Access Bank Plc
3. First Bank of Nigeria Plc
4. Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
5. Union Bank of Nigeria
6. United Bank of Africa (UBA)
7. Zenith Bank of Nigeria
8. Globacom Limited
9. Oando Plc

I have given you a few, I expect you to do more research and identify a more Nigerian multinational corporations.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by Wallade(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
KekeNash:

do we have miserable TV station like NTA in SA? NO! Your other sensible tv stations are privately owned, yours was the dead and buried Tstv!, am talking about NTA International my foot!

Don't derail the subject. We are talking South Africa and xenophobic tendencies
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by chinchonglee(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2019
Wallade:

Must Nigerian banks operate in South Africa? Is South Africa the basis of determination of multinational?

A multinational corporation (MNC) or worldwide enterprise is a corporate organization that owns or controls production of goods or services in at least one country other than its home country.[10][11] Black's Law Dictionary suggests that a company or group should be considered a multinational corporation if it derives 25% or more of its revenue from out-of-home-country operations.

List of Nigerian Multinational Companies/Corporations

1. Dongote Cement - Dangote Group
2. Access Bank Plc
3. First Bank of Nigeria Plc
4. Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
5. Union Bank of Nigeria
6. United Bank of Africa (UBA)
7. Zenith Bank of Nigeria
8. Globacom Limited
9. Oando Plc

I have given you a few, I expect you to do more research and identify a more Nigerian multinational corporations.
South Africa and Nigeria re the case studies here..

Most of the companies infact all of them dont operate in south africa. Brother tell ur sef d truth if this deal btw Nigeria nd South Africa goes 2ru we have more to lose. The reason is simple, Nigeria has less/none Multinationals/ Businesses in their country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by tomdon(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
bennynaza:
But another problem is that if we nationalize MTN, in less than 2 years they will die like Nitel.
DStv will be worse than NTA
Shoprite will become Mammy market

Lol. And Stanbic bank becomes lapo microfinance

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by Solution4all: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
I trust Trump
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by Wallade(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
chinchonglee:

South Africa and Nigeria re the case studies here..

Most of the companies infact all of them dont operate in south africa. Brother tell ur sef d truth if this deal btw Nigeria nd South Africa goes 2ru we have more to lose. The reason is simple, Nigeria has less/none Multinationals/ Businesses in their country.

I disagree with your argument. Businesses expand to economies that can create value for them and increase profit.

I believe the reason Nigerian multinational corporations and companies don't focus on South Africa is because the market does not present value and potentials that are attractive.

I will give you an example, if MTN and Multichoice is compelled to choose between Nigerian and South African market, MTN and Multichoice would prefer to keep Nigerian market and let go of South African market because they make more income and profit in Nigeria and perhaps some other countries.

South African market is not attractive to Nigerian Multinational corporations and this xenophobic and foreigners hate would worsen South Africa's ability to attract FDI.

Let me ask what does Nigeria stand to lose if Nigeria nationalize South African shares in MTN Nigeria and Multichoice Nigeria?

South Africa and the companies would seek redress in court in Nigeria where they are most likely to lose the case or in another country where it will be impossible to sue Nigeria or the judgement, if unfavorable to Nigeria, will likely not be enforceable.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by KekeNash(f): 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
Wallade:

Don't derail the subject. We are talking South Africa and xenophobic tendencies
you are just tiring, Nigeria Must Go! Hook us with those GhanaMustGo BAGS we want to use them.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by Wallade(m): 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
KekeNash:

you are just tiring, Nigeria Must Go! Hook us with those GhanaMustGo BAGS we want to use them.

What is so important or beautiful about your country anyway? I only pity the Nigerians you are ill-treating there, I never had interest in living or working in South Africa.

Ship those Nigerians back ASAP, if you wish, we will reciprocate the gesture by doing the needful with South African interests in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by chinchonglee(m): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2019
Wallade:

I disagree with your argument. Businesses expand to economies that can create value for them and increase profit.

I believe the reason Nigerian multinational corporations and companies don't focus on South Africa is because the market does not present value and potentials that are attractive.

I will give you an example, if MTN and Multichoice is compelled to choose between Nigerian and South African market, MTN and Multichoice would prefer to keep Nigerian market and let go of South African market because they make more income and profit in Nigeria and perhaps some other countries.

South African market is not attractive to Nigerian Multinational corporations and this xenophobic and foreigners hate would worsen South Africa's ability to attract FDI.

Let me ask what does Nigeria stand to lose if Nigeria nationalize South African shares in MTN Nigeria and Multichoice Nigeria?

South Africa and the companies would seek redress in court in Nigeria where they are most likely to lose the case or in another country where it will be impossible to sue Nigeria or the judgement, if unfavorable to Nigeria, will likely not be enforceable.
Bros am tayad. 2mao is work
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by mysticwarrior(m): 8:47am On Sep 09, 2019
KekeNash:

No Sir, me and my people don't patronize drug pushers, thats why today we have what you call xhenophobia.
south Africa is the drug capital of Africa, south Africans can not do without drugs, there are south African drug dealers too, you people are just being stupid.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by mysticwarrior(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2019
KekeNash:

so you want Dstv to be like your stupid NTA? Lol! i watch it whenever i want a good laugh, stupidity everywhere.
every good thing in south Africa is controlled by the whites, 90% of yourTV stations is managed by whites, black South Africans including you are just brainless people.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by mysticwarrior(m): 8:53am On Sep 09, 2019
KekeNash:

you are a xenophobic fool, just because a Nigerian man rejected you because of your ugly face.
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by bennynaza(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
engrchykae:
because dangote business is dead.
where do you get the notion that Nigerians can't run business well

Dangote is a private business. Nationalization is for the govt
Re: Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments by engrchykae(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
bennynaza:

Dangote is a private business. Nationalization is for the govt
after nationalization,nothing prevents the government from privatizing the firms to well to do Nigeria business moguls such as the dangotes and Jim Ovias of our private sector

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives One-Day Lagos Governor, Ms. Jemimah Marcus (Photos) / Aida-nath Visits Babaginda In Minna, Urges Youths To Get Involved In Leadership / Private Refineries Licensed By DPR (full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.