Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Who Drank From This Fridge? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Drank From This Fridge? (3261 Views)

If You Drank Any Of These And You Are Still Single, Please Go For Deliverance !! / Agbo: When Was The Last Time You Drank This? (Photo) / Ibadan Woman Dies During S*x Romp With Lover Who Drank ‘man Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2019
Indomie generation won't know this.
Growing up in the villa, during raining season we would fill this earthen fridge with water fetched from shallow dung up collector (well).

These earthen pots filled with water would be left for the dry season. During this period, every particle in it sediments to the bottom. (Chemistry later taught me "decantation")

You will only have to worry about "small creatures" like that (I don't know the English name).

When the dry season comes, your earthen pot will serve you cool water to chill and relieve the hot weather.

Ours had a special spot for it then (barn) which has been taken over by a new house.

Just saw the pictures and the memories came alive.

Gather here if you ever drank from this pot!

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
Cc
Nwamaikpe
Lefulefu
Offpoint

1 Like

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
We the indomie generation are lucky.
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
I cant stop laughing. Do you drink the water with the small creatures?
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by eTECTIV: 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2019
And d fridge comes with it's own unique taste sef... Dis was d only source of chilled water back den.. It's seems like it was part of d chilling process to drink with stainless cup

3 Likes

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Kalashnikov102(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
The water dey get unique test especially if dem com put smooth stone inside grin

1 Like

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
Blackivy29:
I cant stop laughing. Do you drink the water with the small creatures?
Nope

Once you deep the cup inside, they will dive to the bottom.

(The cup is usually an aluminum cup with side handle or the regular uneven handle-less conical stainless steel cup),
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
The water dey get unique test especially if dem com put smooth stone inside grin

You na real niggah
You remember the name of those creatures?

1 Like

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2019
Apeshy102:

Nope

Once you deep the cup inside, they will dive to the bottom.

(The cup is usually an aluminum cup with side handle or the regular uneven handle-less conical stainless steel cup),
hmm... But the good old days seemed fun. Atleast then people actually interacted with one another not over the phone all the time. And we would have been free to go out and explore. No fear of getting kidnapped nor of yahoo boys. Neither ritualist. Life seemed simple.
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
Blackivy29:
hmm... But the good old days seemed fun. Atleast then people actually interacted with one another not over the phone all the time. And we would have been free to go out and explore. No fear of getting kidnapped nor of yahoo boys. Neither ritualist. Life seemed simple.
I really don't want to toe the memory lane now but you are pushing me too.
Lots of exciting memories bubbling within
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Soul47(m): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Once a year
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
Soul47:
Once a year
When you visit Grandma for Christmas?
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by pharrell8(m): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2019
My grandma forced me to drink from it eh but tho it was fun.. May soul rest in peace..
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
Apeshy102:

I really don't want to toe the memory lane now but you are pushing me too.
Lots of exciting memories bubbling within
grin I missed out on the fun. The least you can do is make me jealous wink
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
pharrell8:
My grandma forced me to drink from it eh but tho it was fun.. May soul rest in peace..
Amen.
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by popweezy(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Natural fridge.. Mehn..life was once sweet sha

1 Like

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Soul47(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2019
Apeshy102:

When you visit Grandma for Christmas?

Exactly. But those days are gone, she has passed away.
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
Blackivy29:
grin I missed out on the fun. The least you can do is make me jealous wink

Tales plenty
Where do I start from wink
Sitting round the kitchen cooking stone (three triangulated stones used to support the pot) listening to Mama's folktales with ash stained toes waiting for the fufu. When its finally done, mama would bring it down, Chinwe would bring out the basket (fufu is put inside the polythene bag layered basket). She would turn them into the waiting mortar (never washes till I left villa; after use, it is scraped and upturned).

Chike would pound with reckless abandon( his friends are already waiting outside for the night hang out but he must pound the fufu before going out, else no food when he returns, that's if papa would open door for him)

Finally Chinwe will scoop the fufu, put in one big plate for the night's meal and keep some in the "painter" (big custard bucket used as cooler).

Being the youngest, I would fetch water (for washing hand) while Ndukwe would go and call papa.

Finally, Papa would assume his position (fixed, you dare not seat there during meal). The fufu will be at the center of the wooden table made by John (the carpenter).

Mama will seat at the adjacent extreme to Papa while we line up on the wooden betch.

I will pass pass the "washing hand water" round starting from Papa to Mama to Chinwe etc according to our age .

Soup will be dishes in two plates while the fufu will be at center (for ease of access).

I will mould little fufu and swim the soup for fish (broken into pieces, we call it "mangara"wink.

Chinwe will turn detective but I will play the last born mama's boy.

I will have my way but Chinwe will make sure I pay indirectly (story for another).

Finally we will chorus "papa tank saa", mama tank saa" and proceed to wash hands.

I will pretend to be dizzy so that mama will tell Chinwe to clear the plates.

Once the plates are off the table, zoooooom, I'm off.

I will rush off to join other kids in one "not so distant house"

The only house with a generating set (we had no light then, just some wooden poles standing for ages).

We would seat down to watch some records the man has collected ( the only man from my village who has gone to town).

That black and white (monochrome) tv with two antennae and a protruded back) we call it belle Tv.

When the Gen finally goes off,

Come and see race.

Carry your slippers for hand (if you had one), find the kids closest to your house and run along.

If papa is home, (na story for another day), but if na mama, we don enter house.

make I stop here. Gist too much abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
Apeshy102 That was amazing. It was a story really. And you wrote it so well i felt i was there. I wanted to be there.

1 Like

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
Blackivy29:
Apeshy102 That was amazing. It was a story really. And you wrote it so well i felt i was there. I wanted to be there.
Lol
Thanks
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by mytime24(f): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hi
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by fcdgrand(m): 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
chai! God bless you

1 Like

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by fcdgrand(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
eTECTIV:
And d fridge comes with it's own unique taste sef... Dis was d only source of chilled water back den
thank you
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Offpoint: 7:33am On Sep 09, 2019
Apeshy102:
Cc

lol, my grandpa fridge... it's got five, dude got 3 wives and each owned this.

I remember breaking my grandma own when I went to stole meat in the kitchen, someone was approaching in, In an attempt to escaped I climbed it and slipped-landed on it.

Only to find out it was a goat approaching, till date they still believed it was a goat that broke itgrin Poor woman, she'll be so dissapointed in heaven when one of the angels in charge of my books of records told her I was the one.

I've been praying my entire life for any Angel not to let any of my relatives to see my book of records. The atrocities there might give them heart attack.

I pray non of my kids should take after me in character, I might......
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Apeshy102: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2019
Offpoint:

lol, my grandpa fridge... it's got five, dude got 3 wives and each own this.

I remember breaking my grandma own when I went to stole meat in the kitchen, someone was approaching in, In an attempt to escaped I climbed it and slipped-landed on it.

Only to find out it was a goat approaching, till date they still believed it was a goat that broke itgrin Poor woman, she'll be so dissapointed in heaven when one of the angels in charge of my books of records told her I was the one.
I've been praying my entire for any Angel not to let any of relatives see my book of records. The atrocities there might give them heart attack.

I pray non of my kids should take after in character, I might......
Chai. Goats and dogs really suffered for our hand.

But na dog suffer pass. I could remember one fateful day like that, E get meat we day for "ngiga" (roasting cage; that's how we preserve meat and fish). I unto say na me first come back, I dive the meat chop.

When I hear my papa bicycle bell (unmistakably unique wink ), it dawned on me that I would be caught and so I had to act quick.

While my papa rolled his bicycle in ( normally when they approach the entrance to the compound, they would hop down from the bicycle and roll it into the compound, dunno why they did that wink ) .

With little time to brood, I just dropped the bone to for dog (the idiot dey eye me since)and watch as it dived it. Picked up a stick and starting beating and cursing the poor thing, na my papa come dey beg me to stop.

Atleast I was relieved, na only God for know the kind beating wey I for chop that day. Through poor dog too thrilled blames and was starved that night.

God abeg forgive us!
Dog abeg forgive me ohh!

2 Likes

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Offpoint: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2019
Apeshy102:

Chai. Goats and dogs really suffered for our hand.

But na dog suffer pass. I could remember one fateful day like that, E get meat we day for "ngiga" (roasting cage; that's how we preserve meat and fish). I unto say na me first come back, I dive the meat chop.

When I hear my papa bicycle bell (unmistakably unique wink ), it dawned on me that I would be caught and so I had to act quick.

While my papa rolled his bicycle in ( normally when they approach the entrance to the compound, they would hop down from the bicycle and roll it into the compound, dunno why they did that wink ) .

With little time to brood, I just dropped the bone to for dog (the idiot dey eye me since)and watch as it dived it. Picked up a stick and starting beating and cursing the poor thing, na my papa come dey beg me to stop.

Atleast I was relieved, na only God for know the kind beating wey I for chop that day. Through poor dog too thrilled blames and was starved that night.

God abeg forgive us!
Dog abeg forgive me ohh!
lol, if we manage to see one room apartment in heaven... IT'S BY GOD GRACEcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by 24kmagic: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2019
Una no de tire for this indomie generation matter?

Indomie generation this, indomie generation that.

Free them abeg.
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by Kalashnikov102(m): 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2019
Apeshy102:

You na real niggah
You remember the name of those creatures?

omo..na dem be the sweetie joy wey add to the flavour..we still flex am join sef grin
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by mytime24(f): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2019
Apeshy102:
hi
quote #op not me embarassed
Re: Who Drank From This Fridge? by BlueAir: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2019
Sic

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Became So Uncaring To Me When I Did Her Nothing / Man Marries Wife's Bestfriend As Wife Says She Wants More Time With Her (Video) / Guys That Plays Betnija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.