Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,835 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Incongruity Of Love, A Short Essay By Pat Ashinze - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Incongruity Of Love, A Short Essay By Pat Ashinze (445 Views)

Never Look A Nigerian In The Eye (an Essay) By Badiru Kehinde / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Incongruity Of Love, A Short Essay By Pat Ashinze by WordSayer: 12:56am On Sep 09, 2019
The Incongruity of Love
There is a paradox about love or whatever people call it. A grandiose and ubiquitous dichotomy of emotions. It is such that people love people who do not and cannot love them back. People pour out their happiness; their souls and long for those who cannot and will not reciprocate. People love blindly and yearn to have amorous relationships with those who are either indifferent about them or plainly disinterested even to the extent of inflicting doses of hatred.
You may ask why. Well, i think i know why. I have listened to the earth and her mouth has whispered many mysteries and reasons into my ear, explaining why we love those who don't prioritize our existence.

1. People don't know what they want so they fill their emptiness with what they can find; be it good or bad.
2. People do not believe in love at first sight. People do not believe love can be spontaneous. We have been trained to think good things always come out of suffering. So we endure to sate our thirst even if the waters we see ahead are nothing but a mirage.
3. People hate the truth about love. And this truth is that: Love is a game of dual interests.
4. People believe love lives in barricaded cities so they venture deep, fighting hard, sitting by the fence, waiting for a leak, hoping the sun would rise and things will stick together for the common good.
5. Most people have been treated so poorly in life that they confuse basic human kindness for romantic interest, so they yearn for an endearing face that will make their dreams come true.

Pat Ashinze.
Ilorin, Nigeria.
Sept/2019

Cc. Obinnau
Cc. Divepen1

(1) (Reply)

Read A Story, Tell A Story. / PRIME 2020 / Darkness Of The Morning - Hunterman Grail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.