Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar (1624 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by whiteroses(f): 11:24am On May 17, 2007
hi, there is this little girl that lives with us she's the worst liar i've ever seen she lies too much you cant stand her, her lies got noticed around age 5 and it was a bit cute the she grew a litle older and her lies were funny but i remebered before i left nigeria her lies wasn't funny anymore,she lies and we would punish her, her lies are very serious, if this girl say something you should beleive it's the opposite all her teachers complained about her, now i'm on holiday and at home she is now a chronic liar everybody is fed up and her lies is even turning to normal it's no biggie anymore but i love this girl and you can tell her lies will cause her trouble if not now maybe later so i decided to help her to stop lieing and she's not getting any younger but her lie is getting old with her, before i go back to england in august ending i'm determined to cure this girl, i though of taking her to a psychology or therapist but i don't know any here in nigeria what can i do
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by BIKINI(f): 3:20pm On May 17, 2007
i tried this successfuly on my cousin when she was  little, i hope it still works now.
give that child an exaggerated account of the fable " sheep that was always crying wolf".
      In the story ,a a certain sheep was fond off calling for help pretendind that a wolf was on him. he did it the first time ,got people running to his rescue only to tell his concerned friends that he is joking, he does did continuously until people get used to his false alarms and don't act on it. it is at this point that a real wolf attacks him. even when he cries out 4 help, no one shows up because they think he is lying again .
 MORAL ; WHEN WE ALWAYS LIE, NO NE BELIEVES US EVEN WHEN WE ARE TELLING THE TRUTH
 Describe what happened, in very vivid terms, the fate that befell the sheep @ the end of the story. my cousin was in a shock for days after that story so when i start suspecting she is lying ,i just remind her of the story and out the truth will come spilling.
now she is 15 and tell her younger ones , or any potential liar that story .

all the best
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 17, 2007
give her bitterleaves for breakfast and no one would tell her to talk true
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by sweeti14(f): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2010
Dis what i did to my little cousin. I made her watch Megido especially the scary parts and told her that the creature in d video would come for her if she ever lied again! Voila!! dat settled it grin Good luck wiv tryin to "cure" this girl.
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by Romeo4real(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
There is due to something in the child's home environment. Children usually lie because it gets them attention (when they are caught), or it focuses attention on the parent (again, when they are caught). It subsequently becomes a psychological spiral that are unable to escape from. I would suspect this child was neglected (emotional care and support) when growing up.
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by Outstrip(f): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2010
She most likely got attention from her lies as a child. So obviously she will continue with it. What you guys thought was funny and laughed at was seen as encouragement.
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by MaiSuya(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2010
It's unlikely, but possible nonetheless, that the girl may have what is called compulsive liar syndrome; the habitual desire to tell a lie in every situation even if there is no apparent benefit for doing so. I would suggest getting psychological help for the girl asap.
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by ifyalways(f): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
Outstrip:

She most likely got attention from her lies as a child. So obviously she will continue with it. What you guys thought was funny and laughed at was seen as encouragement.
I agree.
It could also be that the adults shes with lies freely ard her too.They also need to check themselves.
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by NAJALYN: 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
Whiteroses tell the little girl about BIKINI's story of the sheep that cries wolf. That may help to solve the problem. You encouraged her from the onset rather than correct her. Now you may have more problems on your hands. A child who can lie convincingly can also steal. When children are young, even as at the time they start crawling you start correcting them. A lady did that to her child at that age & it worked. Whenever the baby went over to her dressing mirrow to play with her perfume, etc. she would spank her. She did that continously. So whenever the baby tried going there & saw her mum, she never went there. So as little as they may be, children can be corrected & by so doing you can give them good training. Only you have to keep up the training because they can be easily influenced by their peers. Above all, give the problem to God & it is solved.
Re: How To Correct A Child That Lies Too Much I Mean An Extreme Liar by NAJALYN: 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
Whiteroses tell the little girl about BIKINI's story of the sheep that cries wolf. That may help to solve the problem. You encouraged her from the onset rather than correct her. Now you may have more problems on your hands. A child who can lie convincingly can also steal. When children are young, even as at the time they start crawling you start correcting them. A lady did that to her child at that age & it worked. Whenever the baby went over to her dressing mirrow to play with her perfume, etc. she would spank her. She did that continously. So whenever the baby tried going there & saw her mum, she never went there. So as little as they may be, children can be corrected & by so doing you can give them good training. Only you have to keep up the training because they can be easily influenced by their peers. Above all, give the problem to God & it is solved.

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigerian House Maid Fought Over Indian Lover!! / can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children? / The Ghost R*pes:story Of Women Who Were Assaulted on their Beds...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.