Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,531 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku (11317 Views)

Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by SAKUR: 2:11am On Oct 29, 2010
Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar

American lecturers at the American University of Nigeria, owned by the former vice-president and now presidential aspirant, Atiku Abubakar, earn one million dollars per month.

This was disclosed by Abubakar, at the second National Joint Education Stakeholders Action Coalition held in Abuja on Thursday.

According to him under the salary was part of the negotiations that he had with an American university in Washington D.C in the United States before it allowed the lecturers to come to Nigeria.

Atiku said, “Today I do not derive one kobo from all the investments I have made in education. Rather, in the university I still continue to pay the American lecturers one million dollars every month because the school fees that they are charging are not even enough to fuel the generators that they are running because the university was built to American standard. Because I have a special agreement with the American university in Washington, managing the university and everything I do must conform to American standard.”

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010295293351
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by HighChief4(m): 2:17am On Oct 29, 2010
This Atiku is a thief. He should just be arrested, no wonder he is striving so hard to come back. The most corrupt nigerian politician
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by googles: 7:25am On Oct 29, 2010
I hope his America wonder school runs him down. He stole our money to serve dem Americans anyhoo, while we wallow in poverty. angry

these politicians sha
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Okijajuju1(m): 7:28am On Oct 29, 2010
May NEPA supply high voltage to the school and burn it down to ashes!! angry angry angry angry

Fucking thief!!
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by demovriks: 7:43am On Oct 29, 2010
atiku is a fool who loot all d nigerian and culd only spend it on idle and lazy american lecturers.dis is why he is clamoring for power so dat he can recover d waisted.god wil one day,bring all d corrupt leader to book so dis country can be better again.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Ife007(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2010
Lecturers in US earn about $4-15Grand per month, i guess. then, how comes $1million here?
The guy must be Deadbeat.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2010
Oooh
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by JUO(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
his is a thief
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by blackmann(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
SAKUR:

Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar

American lecturers at the American University of Nigeria, owned by the former vice-president and now presidential aspirant, Atiku Abubakar, earn one million dollars per month.

So how does that affect the price of garri at Wuse market?

in other news, the price of goat-milk in Arzerbaijan may be on the rise as the association of goat herders (Arzrbaijan chapter) went on a one-week warning strike to protest the living and grazing conditions of their animals, which tend to affect their milk production. Other chapters iin eastern europe are contemplating on joining their brothers in a solidarity protest in front of their individual headquarters. Reliable sources state that yesterday, the goat herders, along with their animals, barricaded the headquarters of their chapter with placards and chanting solidarity songs.

the president of the chapter could not be reached for comments as he had switched his phone off, or the battery wad dead, whichever one.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by opabukun(m): 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
let him calculate all he has worked for in all his mistery-full life, i bet if it amounts to $1M.

wen u have money not worked for, u wont no how to spend it. chikenna!!!
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
absolute tosh without even reading the article

i pay my lecturers 1 million dollars per month

so american lecturers in Nigeria are earning 12million dollars a year, more than the earnings of several blue chip american ceos

so atiku is shelling out more than 200 million dollars a year, assuming he employs some 15 lecturers

how much will students be paying in that school Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

our journalists really need to stop proving saga right

this is what american professors earn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professors_in_the_United_States

(Full) professor

Upon a sustained and distinguished track record of scholarly achievement within one's university and academic discipline, an associate professor may be promoted to professor (sometimes referred to as "full professor"wink. In most traditional colleges and universities, this position is always tenured; however, this may not be the case in a for-profit private institution or certain church-related universities and colleges.

The rank of professor is the highest of the standard academic ranks in the United States, and is held by 29.5% of U.S. academics.[9] Advancement past the rank of Professor typically involves administrative duties (e.g., department chair, dean, or provost) or selection for an honorary title or endowed chair.

The absence of a mandatory retirement age contributes to "graying" of this occupation. The median age of American full professors is currently around 55 years. Very few people attain this position before the age of 40. The annual salary of full professors averages at $99,000, although less so at non-doctoral institutions, and more so at private doctoral institutions (not including side income from grants and consulting, which can be substantial in some fields); in addition, institutions in major cities or high cost of living areas will pay higher salaries [2]

. Full professors earn on average about 70% more than assistant professors in the same institution. However, particularly in scientific and technical fields, this is still considerably less than salaries of those with comparable training and experience working in industry positions.[citation needed]

In addition to increasing salary, each promotional step also tends to come with increased departmental or institutional responsibilities. At some institutions, these changes are offset by a reduced teaching load.

roughly $100,000 per year

meanwhile, this is steve ballmer's (microsoft ceo's) salary in 2008, 2009

http://www.pcworld.com/article/172486/set_steve_ballmers_salary.html

Count me among those who don't think that Ballmer has earned his pay. According to the Associated Press, Ballmer's base salary was increased by 4 percent at the start of the 2009 fiscal year, up to $665,883 from $640,833 in the previous year. In 2008, he also got a $700,000 bonus; no information is yet available on his bonus for 2009.

amazing lecturers are earning more per mnth than the ceos of one of the world's most valuable companies earn in a year

who needs those 1 million dollar bank exec bonuses that so incensed the american public, when you can be a lecturer for atiku cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by atampakoeg(f): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
Ife007:

Lecturers in US earn about $4-15Grand per month, i guess. then, how comes $1million here?
The guy must be Deadbeat.

Excuse me? Did the thick necked individual say $1million per month or he meant 1million Naira per month?

Which American will earn $1million per month in which work in America? You are now claiming you pay that to them in Nigeria?

No wonder diasporians are coming home.

Te hehehehe
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by oludashmi(f): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2010
SAKUR:

Atiku said, “Today I do not derive one kobo from all the investments I have made in education. Rather, in the university I still continue to pay the American lecturers one million dollars every month because the school fees that they are charging are not even enough to fuel the generators that they are running because the university was built to American standard. Because I have a special agreement with the American university in Washington, managing the university and everything I do must conform to American standard.”

Imagine!! Are you all not the importers of the generators?
God will punish you and your likes angry angry
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by zylla(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Ole, no be our money be that wey dey fly go america so, ole,naijamerican thief thief.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by iluvnaija: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
I CAN'T FALL FOR THIS poo. THAT'S A BIG LIE & DAT'S TRUE WHERE THE HELL IS EFCC? ANYWAY, MY OPINION IS NO BLOODY REVOLUTION, NO SOLUTION.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by HighChief4(m): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
oyb:

absolute tosh without even reading the article

i pay my lecturers 1 million dollars per month

so american lecturers in Nigeria are earning 12million dollars a year, more than the earnings of several blue chip american ceos

so atiku is shelling out more than 200 million dollars a year, assuming he employs some 15 lecturers

how much will students be paying in that school Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

our journalists really need to stop proving saga right

this is what american professors earn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professors_in_the_United_States

roughly $100,000 per year

meanwhile, this is steve ballmer's (microsoft ceo's) salary in 2008, 2009

http://www.pcworld.com/article/172486/set_steve_ballmers_salary.html

amazing lecturers are earning more per mnth than the ceos of one of the world's most valuable companies earn in a year

who needs those 1 million dollar bank exec bonuses that so incensed the american public, when you can be a lecturer for atiku cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not the amount he paid each lecturer, but the total cost a month to pay his oyinbo lecturers
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by HighChief4(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2010
opabukun:

let him calculate all he has worked for in all his mistery-full life, i bet if it amounts to $1M.

wen u have money not worked for, u wont no how to spend it. chikenna!!!

Gbam!!!
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by semid4lyfe(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
Big Fat Lie. . .!
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Youngichou(m): 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
absolute lie
calculate how many lectures and the months in a year then you will see he his lieing
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by impactmaka: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
Atiku's carrier, from Custom officer to Vice President.

Can someone ask him where he got all the monies to exstablish the University? How much was his salary as a custom officer and VP? They want to milk this country dry. But why are dey so callous?
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by scopusng(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
Atiku, i do not blaim you at all, I will kill you whenever I set my eyes on you in lagos. Fool
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by frankoko(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
Atiku is a blooy theif!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by thaira(f): 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
shocked
Ha! Then we talk about Nigeria's resources fleeing to other lands! He is just laundering stolen wealth. I do not want to hear about the school that the people from his village cannot afford, let him tell us about the oil refinery he and OBJ has outside the country. After-all, it should be one of the sources of the maddening salary he is paying the looters!
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by hackney(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
I dont believe that.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by Epiphany(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am sure it is not one million dollars a month but one million naira a month. I am hoping the journalist that wrote this made a mistake and put 'dollars' instead of 'naira'.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin don't you just love Nigerians. why not add Tinubu, OBJ, GEJ, Sylva, Uduaghan, Akala, Saraki to that list, they all wasted (into their pockets) public funds and are still commanding a great deal of respect and accolades in the papers courtesy of our ever fertile attention. granted Atiku is a thief, why not treat the rest of the other thieves with the same disdain as you do here. instead you will keep quiet as BABS Fafunwa of blessed memory is de-humanized by saying he caused the rot in our education system today with 6-3-3-4 system. I well and truly hate selfish, vindictive and complaining Nigerians.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by puskin: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
I think Atiku hs just been misquoted by some overzealous journalist.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by puskin: 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
Atiku might probably be referring to that all the American lecturers in his University is costing him 1million dollars monthly.

. . . . .cos anything other than this. . . . then dis man is worse than the great thief, Aneni.
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by sartorius(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2010
am suprised at pples comment o. we dont know how many of them, if he pays 50 lectures a million, i.e abt 20k 4 each lecturer,
Re: I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku by guvnor1: 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2010
i think the money is 4 all the lecturers, and not individually

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Law School Records 71 Per Cent Success In Bar Final Exams / 18 Students Emerge Winners Of NNPC Quiz Competition / 2019 NOUN EXAM – Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.