Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! (33673 Views)

Trip To Drielandenpunt ( Where Belgium, Netherlands And Deutschland Meet / World Wrapper Man Embarks On Marathon From Lagos To Benue. Photos / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by FreeMejoor1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
More Grace and favours bro..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by FreeMejoor1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
MidEastPrince:

After next day after the contact with the uncle , I made up my mind to apply to Germany...with faith o! Because there was no money to fund my Block Account or even hope of getting!

So I started with applying for my undergraduate transcripts and certificate from my school! (Btw, I didn’t get it till 2 months later). I also wrote the IELTS exam and had a 7.0 score.

With all my documents set, I started applying for schools. They were about 7-8 and got admission to all but 2 schools. This was towards the end of June and early July. By now, I had gotten an appointment date at the embassy and was preparing.

All hands was on deck...Affliction must not strike a second time!

My interview came and it was beautiful! And as God will have it, I got my approval Mail 2 weeks and 6 days later! It was an amazing feeling! Along the way, I got a Sponsorship Letter from a relative in Germany and submitted to the embassy with the other requested documents!

To the Glory of God, Visa came back exactly 3 weeks later! grin

The look on my mom’s face was priceless! And I’d forever cherish that memory!

So now that we are here now, let’s talk about my preparations!

From Friday and a week to my travel date, I’ll start giving out day to day updates of my preparation and experiences! And yeah, I’d be adding pictures too! grin

Stay glued to this thread...we would be having so much fun! smiley

did you gain admission into german university using your ielts..
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
FreeMejoor1:
did you gain admission into german university using your ielts..

Proof of English language proficiency is a requirement for most English-taught programs.
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
queengift:
Congrats dear, I love your spirit, forward ever, backwards never. Germany will favor you.
please, always update us.
much love bro

Amen ma’am.

Thank you so much!
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2019

While it is an interesting idea sharing all of this stories, it is important to note that this is the first time I am really going over all that happened. This is for two reasons;

1. It is important for me to make peace with where I am coming from!

2. It is more important for me to share my experience with people for them to pick up one or two things to learn!

It is also very convenient for me to put my story out here because this is a faceless forum and since I won’t be responding to PMs or divulging important information about me, I can truthfully share some amazing content with a larger audience!

Moving on, I decided to take a week vacation and really spoil myself before I leave Nigeria. So I travelled to a neighboring state to chill since last week and I am presently on my way back to Lagos.

Coupled with the rain, the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is locked down!

Traffic will injure people today! cry

16 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by FreeMejoor1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2019
MidEastPrince:

Proof of English language proficiency is a requirement for most English-taught programs.
any ideas on undergraduate studies..
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
FreeMejoor1:
any ideas on undergraduate studies..pls help guide me through..i intend further my education abroad since i dropped out of university during a difficult time...pls i need your email..i will pm you for further discussions and guides..

You will find useful information on the German Student thread here on Nairaland!

And if you still don’t get what you want, you can ask on here, I’d try my best to answer to the best of my knowledge!

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by tiptoe1: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
You truly started from the bottom, I'm glad your dreams finally came through. But I'll like to confirm something about the USA denial from you, I've heard of cases like that, infact I've heard of cases whereby the applicants gets a denial notification that same day after being approved at the embassy in person.

Where you on Administrative processing to confirm some of your documents or what lead to the denial, was it indicated on your denial letter?

Sorry about how the Dubai processing went south after paying. We can't tell if your family friend was involved and got their share or they didn't know anything and started acting brand new towards you cause of shame, I can't judge them.

lastly, congrats on your Germany visa approval. before I opened this thread, I don know say Hadampson must be surely present grin. If you're using a sponsorship letter, must the person be related to you, like if you get babe for there, you fit use hers?

9 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Hadampson(m): 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
tiptoe1:
You truly started from the bottom, I'm glad your dreams finally came through. But I'll like to confirm something about the USA denial from you, I've heard of cases like that, infact I've heard of cases whereby the applicants gets a denial notification that same day after being approved at the embassy in person.

Where you on Administrative processing to confirm some of your documents or what lead to the denial, was it indicated on your denial letter?

Sorry about how the Dubai processing went south after paying. We can't tell if your family friend was involved and got their share or they didn't know anything and started acting brand new towards you cause of shame, I can't judge them.

lastly, congrats on your Germany visa approval. before I opened this thread, I don know say Hadampson must be surely present grin. If you're using a sponsorship letter, must the person be related to you, like if you get babe for there, you fit use hers?

grin grin

That's certain, you know Deutschland ist mein Traumland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by skylane: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
queengift:
Congrats dear, I love your spirit, forward ever, backwards never. Germany will favor you.
please, always update us.
much love bro
i see you in every travel thread may God grant you your dream land

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
tiptoe1:

Hello tiptoe1,

I believe the case of denial after approval became more pronounced last year! I can say with a level of certainty that the scrutiny was tripled around this time. 6 months prior, it wasn’t that bad! Infact, I met some other guy who got denied same day too!

About being placed on Admnistrative Processing, I wasn’t at any point! It just went from issues to rejected! And when I picked up my passport, it was handwritten that I was denied under the regular 214b section! I still can’t wrap my head around all that day even happened sef!

About the Dubai processing, I don’t know if my friend and his mom knew about the whole ish, but they must have known that this man was just leading me on cos up until now, they still haven’t called to sympathize or ask if I had gotten the cash back! But all glory to God! smiley

Using a Sponsorship Letter has requirements that your intended sponsor must fulfill before the letter would be issued. A lot more on this is present on the Nairaland German Student thread! Maybe I’d like that write about this subsequently. And yes, your babe can write you a Sponsorship letter! grin

Thanks a lot for the well wishes. God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by mamajj17(f): 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hadampson:

grin grin

That's certain, you know Deutschland ist mein Traumland

You will be there one day my dear by His grace wink

6 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by tiptoe1: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
MidEastPrince:

Hello tiptoe1,

I believe the case of denial after approval became more pronounced last year! I can say with a level of certainty that the scrutiny was tripled around this time. 6 months prior, it wasn’t that bad! Infact, I met some other guy who got denied same day too!

About being placed on Admnistrative Processing, I wasn’t at any point! It just went from issues to rejected! And when I picked up my passport, it was handwritten that I was denied under the regular 214b section! I still can’t wrap my head around all that day even happened sef!

About the Dubai processing, I don’t know if my friend and his mom knew about the whole ish, but they must have known that this man was just leading me on cos up until now, they still haven’t called to sympathize or ask if I had gotten the cash back! But all glory to God! smiley

Using a Sponsorship Letter has requirements that your intended sponsor must fulfill before the letter would be issued. A lot more on this is present on the Nairaland German Student thread! Maybe I’d like that write about this subsequently. And yes, your babe can write you a Sponsorship letter! grin

Thanks a lot for the well wishes. God bless you.

Alright bro. thanks for the detailed explanation. I also heard about that case last year, people with visiting visa were mostly affected, but all glory be to God.

In life, everything happens for a reason. Go and enjoy Germany jare grin

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Odedenshi1(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
MidEastPrince, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Please don't deny us the beautiful pictures of Deutschland cool

We dey here boss shaking smiley[/quote]

I would love to connect with you bro. I would send you a PM

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Hadampson(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
mamajj17:

You will be there one day my dear by His grace wink

A big amen to that smiley

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by queengift(f): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
skylane:
i see you in every travel thread may God grant you your dream land

Amen, so shall it be

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by klexycole(m): 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hadampson:

A big amen to that smiley

Hadampson my guy. Naso you forget person. shocked cry

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Hadampson(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
klexycole:

Hadampson my guy. Naso you forget person. shocked cry

Boss, you no say i no fit forget you nah... Es ist lange her smiley

How's it going??
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by klexycole(m): 11:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, you no say i no fit forget you nah... Es ist lange her smiley

How's it going??

We thank God boss. Trust you're enjoying your hols? cheesy
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 11:11am On Sep 13, 2019
Hello guys,

I hope y’all are having a good day! smiley

So today, I’d be talking about the different steps involved in studying in Germany. But before I proceed, it is important to note that on no account would I be responding to PMs. Whatever questions anyone might have should be asked here. I’d do my best to respond!

Oya, let’s get to the gist! grin

8 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
Steps to Study in Germany
1. Decide that you want to study in Germany: This is very important! You have to make up your mind that you want to relocate to this European country that prides itself in its language and culture! This means you’d be relearning all you’ve been opened to up until now and would be learning a bunch of new things!

Even though majority of programs are English-taught and education in Germany’s public university is free (bar for the semester fees; which covers your public transportation for 6 months), relocating to Germany can be pretty much overwhelming!

Bottom line, you need to decide if studying in Germany is for you!

2. Applicantion Phase

i: Find Programs/Universities of your choice via www.daad.de/en

ii: Go to your school and get the following documents
(a) Undergraduate or HND Certificate and transcripts of record

OR

1st year Certificate Transcript of records (Applicable to students going for Bachelor degree programs)

(b) English Proficiency Letter (stating all your courses were taught in English)

OR

IELTS or TOEFL (International English test certificates)

(And any other educational documents required by the school(s) you’re applying to e.g. *First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC), WAEC/NECO certificates, etc.)

iii. A compelling or professionally written Letter of Motivation in line with your intended course of study

iv: 2 (Two) Letter of recommendations from your lecturers (If applicable).

v: Certify your document at the German Consulate in Lagos or High court jurisdiction around you.

vi: Send your application to the school address (Direct application) or Uni-Assist (if applying through Uni-Assist is REQUIRED) through any EFFICIENT courier service of your choice. (I recommend TNT inside Fedex office)

3. RECEIVE ADMISSION LETTER(S)

4. Book appointment for interview and open block account with your Admission letter. Most importantly, fund your account or get your Sponsorship letter before your interview. I’ll talk more about it next...

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hi guys,

Before I go into the other part of the steps to studying in Germany, I’d like to take questions.

So if you sent me a Pm with your questions, let’s ask here for other people to also learn.

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by leksymaxy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
I don land

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by themaestro08(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
Congrat man! Am sorry about what you passed through. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I wish you goodluck and don't forget to keep us updated.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Harzion: 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
can I cope without no knowledge of german language?
Also assuming after payment into block account, visa is not granted how do someone get back his money back

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
themaestro08:
Congrat man! Am sorry about what you passed through. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I wish you goodluck and don't forget to keep us updated.

Thank you so much and I can assure you I’d kee you guys posted! smiley
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 12:04am On Sep 14, 2019
Harzion:
can I cope without no knowledge of german language?
Also assuming after payment into block account, visa is not granted how do someone get back his money back

Hello Harzion,

Well, it is generally advisable to learn at least the introductory A1 course here one Nigeria. However, it all depends on the city you’re heading to. For instance, if you’re heading to Magdeburg, Bayrueuth or some other cities in Bavaria, you’d need to learn more than the introductory course! This is because language is very important in this cities in terms of jobs and settling down. But in major cities such as Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, you can get away with little or no German!

Also, if your visa application isn’t successful, you’d have to send a mail to Fintiba or Coracle or whatever bank you’ve used to inform them that they should refund you. And attach the rejection letter.

5 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
Steps To Study In Germany (Part2)

Hello guys,

So yesterday, I dropped the first part of the step by step process of studying in Germany. I tried my best to make it as simple as possible to follow! Had to build on a content from a particular group member who shared the updated version. (Let’s say thank you to this person grin)

Moving on, you’ll find below the most important parts of all this waka! Infact, without a means of subsistence, one can’t go anywhere, even after getting AM!

Hope you enjoy the read!

:::::::::::::::::::::

5. MEANS OF SUBSISTENCE
i) Funding your BLOCK ACCOUNT (BA) through Deutsche Bank, Fintiba OR any other efficient German bank to deposit €10,236 (minus bank service charges on both ends)

OR

ii) Get sponsor who is a German resident eligible to issue a VERPFLICHTUNGSERKLARUNG – Sponsorship Letter (SL)

OR

iii) Get a Scholarship from a German Institution

6. Interview
Subsequently, I’ll drop some common interview questions for anyone who would like to have an idea of what to expect! It is majorly a conversation and some questions about Germany. For Bachelors degree applicants, the embassy has recently introduced tests to go with the interview.

7. Waiting Period for ApprovailMail (AM)
This is one of the most crucial stages of this whole process. You would really be hit by a multitude of emotions. Waiting time can be between 4-12 weeks! It all depends on the discretion of the Visa Officer and the foreigners office in the city you’re headed! I have seen some who got their approval mail earlier than 4 weeks though. Infact, mine came in 2 weeks and 6 days. I have seen 4 days too! So it all depends.

Good news is, once you get this mail, you’re closest to the finish line! Except something dramatic happens after you send your Sponsorship Lettter or Blocked Account Confirmation or your passport.

If you use BA, you’ll get your Passport with visa under 5 days! If you use Sponsorship Letter, it could take a month. This is because the embassy would need to verify the document.

8. The A.M mail drops...Congratulations!!!

9. *Get travel insurance and book flight ticket whilst you send it alongside your international passport (if not collected on interview day).*

10. Safe Travels

That’s it guys! Thanks for reading.

Kindly like, share and comment! And don’t forget to ask your questions. smiley

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Joohan: 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
MidEastPrince:
Steps To Study In Germany (Part2)

Hello guys,

So yesterday, I dropped the first part of the step by step process of studying in Germany. I tried my best to make it as simple as possible to follow! Had to build on a content from a particular group member who shared the updated version. (Let’s say thank you to this person grin)

Moving on, you’ll find below the most important parts of all this waka! Infact, without a means of subsistence, one can’t go anywhere, even after getting AM!

Hope you enjoy the read!

:::::::::::::::::::::

5. MEANS OF SUBSISTENCE
i) Funding your BLOCK ACCOUNT (BA) through Deutsche Bank, Fintiba OR any other efficient German bank to deposit €10,236 (minus bank service charges on both ends)

OR

ii) Get sponsor who is a German resident eligible to issue a VERPFLICHTUNGSERKLARUNG – Sponsorship Letter (SL)

OR

iii) Get a Scholarship from a German Institution

6. Interview
Subsequently, I’ll drop some common interview questions for anyone who would like to have an idea of what to expect! It is majorly a conversation and some questions about Germany. For Bachelors degree applicants, the embassy has recently introduced tests to go with the interview.

7. Waiting Period for ApprovailMail (AM)
This is one of the most crucial stages of this whole process. You would really be hit by a multitude of emotions. Waiting time can be between 4-12 weeks! It all depends on the discretion of the Visa Officer and the foreigners office in the city you’re headed! I have seen some who got their approval mail earlier than 4 weeks though. Infact, mine came in 2 weeks and 6 days. I have seen 4 days too! So it all depends.

Good news is, once you get this mail, you’re closest to the finish line! Except something dramatic happens after you send your Sponsorship Lettter or Blocked Account Confirmation or your passport.

If you use BA, you’ll get your Passport with visa under 5 days! If you use Sponsorship Letter, it could take a month. This is because the embassy would need to verify the document.

8. The A.M mail drops...Congratulations!!!

9. *Get travel insurance and book flight ticket whilst you send it alongside your international passport (if not collected on interview day).*

10. Safe Travels

That’s it guys! Thanks for reading.

Kindly like, share and comment! And don’t forget to ask your questions. smiley

Everything boils down to getting funds for the B.A
We all see the Deutschland as the promiseland but most of us have less fanincial power to kick-start this voyage. Why is no one talking about ways of getting BA funds.

You are doing a great job here, OP

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by badmus306(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
MidEastPrince:

You will find useful information on the German Student thread here on Nairaland!

And if you still don’t get what you want, you can ask on here, I’d try my best to answer to the best of my knowledge!

Thank you.
Which city are you heading to?

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
badmus306:

Which city are you heading to?

Hello badmus306,

Cottbus city in Brandenburg!

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Ogbodojr: 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I got admission to about two universities in germany, and after I got the first one in July, I applied for visa interview online but since then till now, no date has been sent to me.
pls is there any clue on what might be happening?
I have until October 15th to enroll in person in Germany.
p...l...e...a...s....e
Help
me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Bad Condition Of Lokoja-Okene Expressway (Photos) / Plans To Japa; Help Me Answer These Questions / Ejike Gift Emeka: 1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.