Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! (33709 Views)

Trip To Drielandenpunt ( Where Belgium, Netherlands And Deutschland Meet / World Wrapper Man Embarks On Marathon From Lagos To Benue. Photos / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 12:50am On Sep 15, 2019
Ogbodojr:
Hello Everyone,
I got admission to about two universities in germany, and after I got the first one in July, I applied for visa interview online but since then till now, no date has been sent to me.
pls is there any clue on what might be happening?
I have until October 15th to enroll in person in Germany.
p...l...e...a...s....e
Help
me!

Hello Ogbodojr,

I believe the embassy made t known that due to the high number of Winter semester applicants, they do not have available dates anymore. So I will advice that you ask your school for an enrollment extension till about November. Then cancel your appointment and rebook putting the November date as your enrollment deadline. That way, there is a chance that you’d get a date.

Also if you qualify for category A, I think you might get a date. But if it Category B, I’d advice you defer your admission and retry next semester.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by stevebankz(m): 1:35am On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations Bro on your Visa.... Is there any Disadvantage Of Age Or maybe Gap for someone who is Going for Undergraduate Course
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2019
stevebankz:
Congratulations Bro on your Visa.... Is there any Disadvantage Of Age Or maybe Gap for someone who is Going for Undergraduate Course

Hello stevebankz,

I have to admit that the requirements for studying is getting a lot stricter nowadays as the embassy has been getting lots of aplications to process. And judging from this semester, age is and will be a major disadvantage going forward! This is because I have had about 4 over 30 year old friends rejected! It wasn’t outrightly stated that it was because of their age, but the rejection letter addressed the fact that it isn’t believed that they really want to go study.

Germany is trying to reduce the age amongst their working class. So they need young people to apply to their schools, graduate, maybe get job offers and remail in the country.(All that investment in your education isn’t for charity o)

Imagine a 30 year old person going to study for another Bachelors program, at what age does he/she want to graduate and actively search for jobs? So it is surely a red flag to apply for Bachelors degree programs. Older students can apply to Master degree programs and all will be fine.

Thank you:

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by FreeMejoor1(m): 12:50am On Sep 16, 2019
MidEastPrince:

Hello stevebankz,

I have to admit that the requirements for studying is getting a lot stricter nowadays as the embassy has been getting lots of aplications to process. And judging from this semester, age is and will be a major disadvantage going forward! This is because I have had about 4 over 30 year old friends rejected! It wasn’t outrightly stated that it was because of their age, but the rejection letter addressed the fact that it isn’t believed that they really want to go study.

Germany is trying to reduce the age amongst their working class. So they need young people to apply to their schools, graduate, maybe get job offers and remail in the country.(All that investment in your education isn’t for charity o)

Imagine a 30 year old person going to study for another Bachelors program, at what age does he/she want to graduate and actively search for jobs? So it is surely a red flag to apply for Bachelors degree programs. Older students can apply to Master degree programs and all will be fine.

Thank you:
what age gap is recommended for undergraduate studies.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 2:37am On Sep 16, 2019
FreeMejoor1:
what age gap is recommended for undergraduate studies.

Hello FreeMejoor1,

Anything under 27 is alright!

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hello guys,

I hope you guys are enjoying the updates. If you do, kindly engage me in the comment session. That way, it would be a lot more interesting and motivating to type and post! Thank you I’m advance! grin

So this past weekend was so much fun! I got the bulk of the stuffs on my list. As I had spent almost the whole of last week outside Lagos, and would be traveling later this week, it was important that I got to the shopping!

Errm, shopping in Lagos Island (Eko) is not fun on bit! It is not just stressful, I think it is overhyped! Aside the variety of products there, most of the stuffs are as expensive as other parts of Lagos! Nobody should even come for me...I’m not feeling fine! cry Then it rained cats and dogs on Saturday and Sunday! Jesus! Rain beat me o! But sha, my consolation was that I got the important stuffs!

Prrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiissssssseeeeeee Master Jesus! grin

I also booked my flight today! That’s the gist gangan! For a couple of weeks now, I have been contemplating which of Turkish Airline or Egyptair I should travel to Berlin with. I made my decision today sha.

Comment on which airline you think I should fly with and kindly state your reason(s). I’d be back later to tell which I went with and my own reasons!

Thank you and don’t forget to like and share!smiley

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Snipespeter: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
I would have love to give an answer but I never enter plane before ooh. ... Anyways I hope to get more updates from you with pictures when you get to Berlin

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MSLAGOS: 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hello,

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MSLAGOS: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,

We have the pleasure to announce the successful launching of the new responsive version of EGYPTAIR booking engine, the new IBE is optimized for web and mobile channels, it also includes an enhanced mobile friendly payment screen which clearly highlights the accepted payment methods for each point of sale.

EGYPTAIR mobile applications for iPhone/iPad & Android phones/Tablets already updated to benefit from the optimized flow.

Please review and introduce it to your clients, Passengers, friends and relatives to promote online sales.

Download now:

Download Egypt Air App from Appstore

Download Egypt Air App from Google play

The new update offers the following services specially for mobile applications:

•Flight booking service : Multi destination booking now available for all channels.
•Manage booking: an enhanced presentation for EGYPTAIR ancillaries .
•New during booking upsell messaging, in addition to
•Online/mobile check-in.
•Flight status information.
•Timetable information.
•EGYPTAIR Plus account login and information.
•Baggage information.
•First & Business class lounges information.
•Special offers.
•EGYPTAIR CTO & ATO contact information / map location.
•Destination guide.
•Special services information.

Onboard services information

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hello guys,

I got series of PMs this today about my last post! One of the things we made clear is that whatever questions or contributions I have would be posted here! So please, kindly post your questions and comments here on the thread! I will not be replying private mails please!

That said, I am happy to inform you that i booked Egyptair as against my other option of Turkish Airline. Also, I’d be one of the first set of customers this month that would be flying with the newly introduced Egyptair’s Airbus A330 MS876 aircraft from Lagos to Cairo. This new aircraft was introduced at the start of this month and has started flying today!

This is as against the previously used Boeing 737 which most of my colleagues referred to as ‘Molue’. cheesy

With this new and way bigger aircraft, I am assured that economy class travelers like me would get value for our money!

Also, I will be giving a comprehensive review of the Lagos to Cairo flight on the 20th and also the promise of the 5 Star Hotel stay during the long layover. So stay tuned here as I’d be providing pictures and my usual commentary! grin

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your evening! smiley

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Suspectzero(m): 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
Correct Guy. Wish you the best in Germany. Na Canada P.R boyz dey wait for here. Lufthansa my choice of Transport when that happens soon. I need full enjoyment for the final trip out of this hell hole.

MidEastPrince:
Hello guys,

I got series of PMs this today about my last post! One of the things we made clear is that whatever questions or contributions I have would be posted here! So please, kindly post your questions and comments here on the thread! I will not be replying private mails please!

That said, I am happy to inform you that i booked Egyptair as against my other option of Turkish Airline. Also, I’d be one of the first set of customers this month that would be flying with the newly introduced Egyptair’s Airbus A330 MS876 aircraft from Lagos to Cairo. This new aircraft was introduced at the start of this month and has started flying today!

This is as against the previously used Boeing 737 which most of my colleagues referred to as ‘Molue’. cheesy

With this new and way bigger aircraft, I am assured that economy class travelers like me would get value for our money!

Also, I will be giving a comprehensive review of the Lagos to Cairo flight on the 20th and also the promise of the 5 Star Hotel stay during the long layover. So stay tuned here as I’d be providing pictures and my usual commentary! grin

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your evening! smiley

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 3:23am On Sep 17, 2019
Suspectzero:
Correct Guy. Wish you the best in Germany. Na Canada P.R boyz dey wait for here. Lufthansa my choice of Transport when that happens soon. I need full enjoyment for the final trip out of this hell hole.

Hello Suspectzero,

Thank you for the well wishes! I pray your plans come to fulfillment too!

smiley

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Uzee24: 4:55am On Sep 17, 2019
Baba Congratulations and happy prepping. Nice thread.
If u dont mind, can you just list some of the things you shopped for.
Me too na DE prospective, waiting for Angela Markel to show face.
And how much did EgyptAir charge to Berlin and was there any form of discount for students?

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:43am On Sep 17, 2019
Uzee24:
Baba Congratulations and happy prepping. Nice thread.
If u dont mind, can you just list some of the things you shopped for.
Me too na DE prospective, waiting for Angela Markel to show face.
And how much did EgyptAir charge to Berlin and was there any form of discount for students?

Hello Uzee24,

Congratulations on getting to the last stage of this waka o! God will make everything work out! The wait for AM ehn, no be small thing. Lol!

Lagos to Berlin is between 155k-242k, depending on your travel date. Also, the fare has been discounted already. But the official who attended to me confirmed that the airline is working on a specific discount for students. Probably from next semester.

I will post a list of basic stuffs to go with later today. Just check back later in the day, please!

Thank you and all the best. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Linsigne(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pls can you help with a good motivation letter to apply for scholarship
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
Linsigne:

Pls can you help with a good motivation letter to apply for scholarship

Hello Linsigne,

Please post this request on the German student visa thread! You’ll get a lot of response!

All the best!

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello guys,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I’d be posting essential things that I opine each student should pack to Germany. I will break them down into segments, so it is easier to note.

Aside clothes and your documents, the most important things should be food stuffs and drugs! Below is a list a made for myself and what I’d be going with!

Kindly note that this list is a personal opinion and you can include other things you deem fit.

Drugs

1) Throat lozenges (Dequadin or Medica, N600) as much as you can go with

2) antihistamine (loratyn 10mg N300) at least 1satchet

3) anti-malaria (Combisunate 80/480 N500 max)

4) Broad spectrum antibiotics (Fleming 625mg N1750)

6) A very good cough syr (Menthodex N700, Neofylin N300)

7) A drug for cold (sinufed N250/satchet)

8 ) Drug for joint pains, now if your are having ulcer (Athrotec 75mg N700/ketovail cap N1000/ celecoxib 200mcg N2200) if you aren’t having ulcer (Clofenac N150/strip, Ibucap Forte N200max per box)

9) Anti-diarrhea (Lodium N500 and Loxagyl N100/strip)

10) High strength Vitamin c 1000mg/500mg N500/sachet (Nature's Field brand)

Food Stuffs

Peppersoup spice
Cameroon pepper
Maggi
Dry Pepper
Locust beans
Ogbono
egusi
Beans flour
Crayfish
Stock fish
Dry fish
Ofada rice
Dry Pomo
Garri
Noodles
Rice
Beans

That’s it guys. Don’t forget to like, share and comment. God bless you! smiley

58 Likes 14 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by BiggerbossAmani(m): 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
This thread is so nice bro

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by error4040: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hehehehe so something de go on here I no even know!!

Anyway I don land grin

I de back seat for here

10 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by sdee2k3: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2019
I really, really enjoyed this. Hope to hear more from you

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by happybee: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2019
How I wish I could leave this country asap..
But na funds dey delay, ehn.. God why?

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Originalalex: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
God be with you always.. I want to know if there is away you can arrange sponsorship letter(SP) thanks

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by Mykelpato(m): 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
MidEastPrince:

After next day after the contact with the uncle , I made up my mind to apply to Germany...with faith o! Because there was no money to fund my Block Account or even hope of getting!

So I started with applying for my undergraduate transcripts and certificate from my school! (Btw, I didn’t get it till 2 months later). I also wrote the IELTS exam and had a 7.0 score.

With all my documents set, I started applying for schools. They were about 7-8 and got admission to all but 2 schools. This was towards the end of June and early July. By now, I had gotten an appointment date at the embassy and was preparing.

All hands was on deck...Affliction must not strike a second time!

My interview came and it was beautiful! And as God will have it, I got my approval Mail 2 weeks and 6 days later! It was an amazing feeling! Along the way, I got a Sponsorship Letter from a relative in Germany and submitted to the embassy with the other requested documents!

To the Glory of God, Visa came back exactly 3 weeks later! grin

The look on my mom’s face was priceless! And I’d forever cherish that memory!

So now that we are here now, let’s talk about my preparations!

From Friday and a week to my travel date, I’ll start giving out day to day updates of my preparation and experiences! And yeah, I’d be adding pictures too! grin

Stay glued to this thread...we would be having so much fun! smiley

Congratulations brother, I'm happy for you and I tap from your blessings.... By the grace of God, next year I will be sharing my testimony here too.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 2:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Guys, I’m back! grin

Firstly, I sincerely apologize for not providing updates this past couple of days. I’ve been so overwhelmed with preparation.

To make up for that, I’ll be providing updates from my time at the International Airport in Lagos all through to the hotel we were lodged in Cairo, Egypt.

My flight yesterday was for 2:45pm hut I made sure to get to the airport before 11pm. Checking-in and getting through the searched really went well!! Except for the fact that my St Ives body cream that was confiscated because it was prohibited in my hand luggage. E pain me sha.

Got into the plane and headed to my reserved window seat. I did that by logging into the Egyptair website to check in 24 hours before departure.

See ehn, let’s leave story for now, let me drop pictures!grin

Don’t forget to like, share and comment! Thank you! smiley

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Very importantly, I have to say that the Egyptair flight from Lagos to Cairo was very interesting. Not only did I get first feel of the new aircraft (read previous post), I had fuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn throughly out!

From movies to music to video games, to documentaries! It was amazing!

Don’t let me injure you with gist. You’ve got to see for yourself! grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by AgreatMan: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2019
MidEastPrince:
Very importantly, I have to say that the Egyptair flight from Lagos to Cairo was very interesting. Not only did I get first feel of the new aircraft (read previous post), I had fuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn throughly out!

From movies to music to video games, to documentaries! It was amazing!

Don’t let me injure you with gist. You’ve got to see for yourself! grin

Nice one. Hope u land safely. From day one in Germany, start thinking about the next plan when your Msc will end in two years time.

But this their plane looks very much like tokunbo na, why them come package am like say na brand new? Newly introduced is not same as brand new. Marketing lies by EgyptAir cheesy

Is it just me? I always feel Airbus jets much better than Boeing.

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by davide470(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations MidEastPrince and Welcome to Deutschland,

I hope you continue the thread with the same energy though. It gets exciting within the first few months, but reality sets in afterwards.

Looking forward to updates!

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by megastu(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
Very well.

You write really good. America just missed a talent.
MidEastPrince:
Hello guys,

I hope you guys are enjoying the updates. If you do, kindly engage me in the comment session. That way, it would be a lot more interesting and motivating to type and post! Thank you I’m advance! grin

So this past weekend was so much fun! I got the bulk of the stuffs on my list. As I had spent almost the whole of last week outside Lagos, and would be traveling later this week, it was important that I got to the shopping!

Errm, shopping in Lagos Island (Eko) is not fun on bit! It is not just stressful, I think it is overhyped! Aside the variety of products there, most of the stuffs are as expensive as other parts of Lagos! Nobody should even come for me...I’m not feeling fine! cry Then it rained cats and dogs on Saturday and Sunday! Jesus! Rain beat me o! But sha, my consolation was that I got the important stuffs!

Prrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiissssssseeeeeee Master Jesus! grin

I also booked my flight today! That’s the gist gangan! For a couple of weeks now, I have been contemplating which of Turkish Airline or Egyptair I should travel to Berlin with. I made my decision today sha.

Comment on which airline you think I should fly with and kindly state your reason(s). I’d be back later to tell which I went with and my own reasons!

Thank you and don’t forget to like and share!smiley

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hello guys,

I should apologize again for the inconsistency in providing updates. I just got to my friend’s place in Berlin and I am trying to settle down!

But don’t you worry, I have an extensive picture documentation of the the trip from Lagos to Cairo and from Cairo to Berlin!

Kindly press the follow link and get updates as I drop it! Don’t forget to like and share too! Thank you! grin

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
megastu:
Very well.

You write really good. America just missed a talent.

Hello Megastu,

I am flattered! Thank you so much! smiley
Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
davide470:
Congratulations MidEastPrince and Welcome to Deutschland,

I hope you continue the thread with the same energy though. It gets exciting within the first few months, but reality sets in afterwards.

Looking forward to updates!

Hello Davide470,

Thank you for the wellwishes! I promise to try my best! smiley

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Deutschland With Love! by MidEastPrince: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
I really like video games!

So it was only natural that the first thing I checked was the gaming options! I was quite impressed with the games! It wasn’t top notch, but enough to keep you occupied!

I got bored after 15 minutes though!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ejike Gift Emeka: 1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC / ‘Beautiful Nigeria’ Pictures After Trump’s Compliment / Plans To Japa; Help Me Answer These Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.