Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary (21543 Views)

'New House': Senator Dino Melaye Slams The Nation Newspaper / President Buhari Reacts To Tribunal Verdict: I Wasn’t Worried All Along / Elections: Atiku Slams N2bn Suit Against Buhari, Demands Apology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Iamgrey5(m): 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
kessyR2B:

come, you've not stated wah the people want to hear, we dont want to hear "attestation", we want to see "main", i repeat "main" result..when you wrote waec, was it attestation they laminated and signed and gave you? Server was among their case, the main question we asking here is "Does the current President have a waec result?"..i no won dey hear dha Attestation, e dey vex me
Attestation is same as certificate.

It's issued to anyone who has misplaced his/her original certificate.

e.g if you were to misplace any of your certificate today, the institution that awarded the original certificate you misplaced will only give you an attestation not a new one.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by BluntBoy(m): 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
edlion57:
We should as well apply for any federal job without certificate... See it is useless in Nigeria

If the jobs don't demand certificates, you can apply.

The Constitution demands only proof of education up to secondary school level (not even a certificate), so Buhari is well-qualified for that post.

However, to be a minister, you must have had a career (an illustrious career is a plus), and careers demand degrees. So, to be a minister, you need degrees. For instance, you cannot be a minister with just proof of education up to secondary school level. You cannot be a minister of finance with just a school cert. but you can become a president with just a school cert. as far as the Nigerian constitution is concerned.

So, for every job, there are guidelines. Some jobs ask for a minimum of OND, some ask for a minimum of BSc. For the presidential job, the constitution asks for at least a proof of education up to secondary school level.

So, tell me where the problem is, or what you and Yul don't still understand?

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
BluntBoy:

If the jobs don't demand certificates, you can apply.

The Constitution demands only proof of education up to secondary school level (not even a certificate), so Buhari is well-qualified for that post.

However, to be a minister, you must have had a career (an illustrious career is a plus), and careers demand degrees. So, to be a minister, you need degrees. For instance, you cannot be a minister with just proof of education up to secondary school level. You cannot be a minister of finance with just a school cert. but you can become a president with just a school cert. as far as the Nigerian constitution is concerned.

So, for every job, there are guidelines. Some jobs ask for a minimum of OND, some ask for a minimum of BSc. For the presidential job, the constitution asks only for a proof of education up to secondary school level.

So, tell me where the problem is, or what you and Yul don't still understand?

Are you sure about this? That you need a degree to be a minister?
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by BluntBoy(m): 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
isthatso:

Are you sure about this? That you need a degree to be a minister?

Yes now. Or is there anyone that you know that doesn't have a degree and is a minister?

We learn every day.
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
BluntBoy:

Yes now. Or is there anyone that you know that doesn't have a degree and is a minister?

We learn every day.

I am not in a position to check right now but I don’t think ministers need a degree. Don’t fall into the mistake Atikus supporters are making of thinking that because everybody submits certificate, that the law actually asks for certificate. So also because ministers tend to have degrees does not mean it is a requirement...I don’t think.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by 9iceprince(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
the former First Lady even with her Phd, she can't speak for 2mins without talking gibberish and blunders....so who certificate epp, a General for that matter, greater than An Ordinary Prof....

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by blackmarket(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
PureGoldh:
This is Nigeria... Dz country needs to be formatted and our laws needs to be wOrked on.

The main problem we have is that the people that implements and makes these laws do it in such a way that it will favor them.

Well... Kindly check my Signature Below if you need Pure Original honey
why dis ur honey stuff dey every topic I open?
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by magzey: 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
Who is this one Yul is he camerounian? undecided

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by AK481(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Buhari didn't attach any document to his forms

That is what PDP are saying.

Buhari swore an affidavit that he passed Waec/Cambridge exams and that they are with the military.

PDP are claiming it's a lie that he never had the certificate and that he forged the affidavit.

The court told them yesterday that they have to prove that he Indeed was lying beyond reasonable doubt because it I now a criminal case not a civil case anymore.

In a criminal case any random testimony can't be accepted.

I put it to you that he attached .
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by BluntBoy(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
isthatso:

I am not in a position to check right now but I don’t think ministers need a degree. Don’t fall into the mistake Atikus supporters are making of thinking that because everybody submits certificate, that the law actually asks for certificate.

I think a minister needs certificate (degrees). As a matter of fact, a minister ought to be an expert in a field from which he is then drafted into a cabinet to head a ministry.

For instance, a minister of power ought to be an expert in any of fields like energy or physics. The president depends excessively on the ministries and these ministeries depend excessively on the expertise of the ministers heading them.

It is in Nigeria that you find a lawyer heading a ministry of power or a lawyer heading the ministry of aviation.
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by AK481(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
isthatso:

You cannot educate me because you are lacking in knowledge. Understand the difference between your actual waec certificate and certified statement of results and confirmation of results. If I don’t have my certificate and my principal or watch for a certified confirmation or statement of results, it is the same thing for the purposes of election requirements.

For instance till today I don’t have my waec certificate, what I have used all my life is my statement of results.

But can it be verified from your school that you have one?
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
[quote author=isthatso post=82162857]The problem with many Nigerian is that they are literate and educated but lack comprehension and understanding. The constitution does not require you to have a certificate. I challenge anybody to show where it says you need a certificate or even uses the word certificate. That a certificate is commonly used as proof you have been educated does not mean it is a requirement. A letter of attendance, evidence of school assignments, past school grades, sworn affidavits from ex classmates even photographs are proof. Secondly our educated Nigerians do not seem to understand the meaning of minimum. If the constitution says minimum school leaving and you have university you have exceeded the minimum and you don’t have to show school leaving. In fact if you didn’t go to school at all but went to adult classes and got a diploma you have exceeded the minimum.

Nigerians should argue like people who were properly educated, so you don’t waste your money like Atiku arguing stupidly and senselessly!!!

A certificate is used as proof, it is not the requirement!!!! The requirement is the EDUCATION!!!! A certificate is only one of many ways you can prove you attended school. [/quote

thought you had sense bro., let me help you..in this sane civilised 21st century, how do know or prove someone is educated? Tell me another of your "many ways" you can prove you attented school..as the requirement is Education according to you, why dont you just walk into a University Registra's office and tell them to give you your admission letter that you're a literate and you went to sec. school? Do you people think with your Anus sometimes? As its a requirement, how else do you prove it if not presenting it? I hope you're a graduate, if not you should tell your institute to only give you Attestation of your Degree, not the original copy itself, if any company or organization does not arrest you when you go to them to look for a job, maybe then you'd understand properly

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Iamgrey5(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
AK481:

I put it to you that he attached .
No he didn't sir

Check the judgement yesterday.

That is why PDP started saying they don't know that all you need to get a job is to swear an affidavit.
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
Jiokejohn:
In everything, remember there is always tomorrow. Sometimes, judgment might be delivered to favour some interest, but at the detriment of the nation and her future.
Base on Mohammed Garba's ruling, someone might set up a hospital and start diagnosing patients. If you inquire to know if the person is a medical doctor, he will stand on the existing ruling to tell you that he don't need to possess a certificate before practicing as a medical doctor.
Muhammadu Buhari might be qualified to vie or assumed the position of president. But the pronouncements of the judge with respect to possession of certificate in his ruling is suicidal to the image and future of Nigeria.

Stop being sentimental. If anything the judgement has educated Nigerians on the false comprehension of the English Language. The people who drafted the constitution are brighter than the multitude who are focusing so much on a piece of paper that was never required.

You cannot practice as a medical doctor if you have no certificate because the regulatory body will not register you without proof. The problem is many of you don’t understand English.

This is not about certificate but about proof of education. In the same way a doctor will have to prove his education before being allowed to practice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Cmanforall: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
PureGoldh:
This is Nigeria... Dz country needs to be formatted and our laws needs to be wOrked on.

The main problem we have is that the people that implements and makes these laws do it in such a way that it will favor them.

Seriously,a lot need to be done on our Constitution without any atom of selfish desire. I would even suggest the least qualification to runforan elective position in the government bro Bea bachelor's degree or equivalent. In the past, secondary school certificate was seen as a remarkable achievement in the ones' education,but these days the situation is different.

Also, the country should consider cutting costs of governance, to make it less attractive for enrichment, but more of service to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Brightest04(m): 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
But we have many who bought their own degrees and certificates with naira notes and some who bought theirs with the hole in between their legs,and they also we claim they have certificates because who they needs Nigeria is the papers and not the talent.Even to get a job.
But in the white man's land what they need is your talent and not your papers called certificates.
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
[quote author=kessyR2B post=82164233][/quote]

I suggest you read the constitution, I bet many of you arguing have never read the relevant part of the constitution. I have said this thing many times and I won’t bother again. You cannot cure dumb. Like I said it is one thing to go to schoo and be able to read and write but the biggest problem we have is a failure to understand what you are reading, a failure to comprehend, a failure of critical thinking. I have discussed this issue too many times to go through it again because, some retard will come again with the same stupid arguments. If you understand you would not make these statements, if you don’t, it’s very unlikely I can help you. The problem with poor education is that it affects you for life. Your reasoning, your understanding, your thought process.

This is basic and simple aspects of the law, it is there is writing, there is nothing to argue except with the obtuse.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by OChimex: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
PureGoldh:

I doubt if Nigeria's problem is just their leaders. To be honest, majority of Nigerians are not good people. They are fantastically self-centered.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by PureGoldh(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
OChimex:

I doubt if Nigeria's problem is just their leaders. To be honest, majority of Nigerians are not good people. They are fantastically self-centered.

You have got a point there bro
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
danot1030:
It's obvious it's only [b]the Igbos th[/b]at are not please with the tribunal judgement but it's understandable.

What is not understandable is how they ever dreamed that Atiku can win Buhari with their 5% votes.

Would they have prefer that the judiciary give the victory to Atiku on those frivolous allegations and the scam server theory with the poor performance of those Atiku's legal team?
Who told? Don't say what you don't know
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Eteka1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
Jiokejohn:
In everything, remember there is always tomorrow. Sometimes, judgment might be delivered to favour some interest, but at the detriment of the nation and her future.
Base on Mohammed Garba's ruling, someone might set up a hospital and start diagnosing patients. If you inquire to know if the person is a medical doctor, he will stand on the existing ruling to tell you that he don't need to possess a certificate before practicing as a medical doctor.
Muhammadu Buhari might be qualified to vie or assumed the position of president. But the pronouncements of the judge with respect to possession of certificate in his ruling is suicidal to the image and future of Nigeria.
Wrong, the law that allows you to practice medicine is different, just like the one allowing you to practice law, civil engineering etc. Pls don't let sentiments override you sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Stillthebest: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
isthatso:
The problem with many Nigerian is that they are literate and educated but lack comprehension and understanding. The constitution does not require you to have a certificate. I challenge anybody to show where it says you need a certificate or even uses the word certificate. That a certificate is commonly used as proof you have been educated does not mean it is a requirement. A letter of attendance, evidence of school assignments, past school grades, sworn affidavits from ex classmates even photographs are proof. Secondly our educated Nigerians do not seem to understand the meaning of minimum. If the constitution says minimum school leaving and you have university you have exceeded the minimum and you don’t have to show school leaving. In fact if you didn’t go to school at all but went to adult classes and got a diploma you have exceeded the minimum.

Nigerians should argue like people who were properly educated, so you don’t waste your money like Atiku arguing stupidly and senselessly!!!

A certificate is used as proof, it is not the requirement!!!! The requirement is the EDUCATION!!!! A certificate is only one of many ways you can prove you attended school.

I loved the part you said "minimum requirements'". That's very true.
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Changethechain:
What the judiciary is doing is setting a very dangerous precedent... Tomorrow anyone can wake up and swear affidavit that he is a PhD holder and that is it

Go ahead bro, just do it as long as the school mgt & class of that year members can attest to it. no wahala
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by tegrianonigltd(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Perception is different from law

The law clearly state that anyone running for the position of the president should be able to prove or demonstrate that He/she studied up to secondary school level.

>Buhari can read and write (that is a proof)

>Buhari has attained the level of General in the Nigerian Army

>Buhari submitted a Waec Attestation to the Court and a picture showing when he was in school

>Buhari had numerous training in the military.

Bear in mind, the law was made to enable anyone who is intelligent enough regardless of educational background to be able to run for public office.

Inaddition, waivers are possible if a person can prove he/She has worked for more than 10years in the Nigerian civil service.

Obasanjo in 2015 said in an interview that it was a joke to claim a whole military general is not educated or qualified to contest for the position of the president.

I thought PDP's strongest case was the sever before the tribunal judgement.

Apparently, they are now chasing a lost shadow.

This is 2019 nigga, 2019, for Christ sake, not 1980s or 90s, this is fucking reality age,technology age, take a look at Donald trump, he had gone to visit people who something happened to yesterday , he went today or so, when Greenland bid didn’t go, he ignored the call of visit to Denmark, sack any one misbehaving.. turning America back to fearable state. It’s position, we had a chance to be giant recently, banning South Africa airline, Mtn, dstv, etc, just like Abacha did in 90s to Britain, we need a Leader, gospel truth we need one..
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by heysquare(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
isthatso:
The problem with many Nigerian is that they are literate and educated but lack comprehension and understanding. The constitution does not require you to have a certificate. I challenge anybody to show where it says you need a certificate or even uses the word certificate. That a certificate is commonly used as proof you have been educated does not mean it is a requirement. A letter of attendance, evidence of school assignments, past school grades, sworn affidavits from ex classmates even photographs are proof. Secondly our educated Nigerians do not seem to understand the meaning of minimum. If the constitution says minimum school leaving and you have university you have exceeded the minimum and you don’t have to show school leaving. In fact if you didn’t go to school at all but went to adult classes and got a diploma you have exceeded the minimum.

A certificate is used as proof, it is not the requirement!!!! The requirement is the EDUCATION!!!! A certificate is only one of many ways you can prove you attended school.
Thank you my bro. As if Bill Gate has a degree before he became a billionaire. Even God himself choses his prophets from the poor ppl
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Iamgrey5(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

This is 2019 nigga, 2019, for Christ sake, not 1980s or 90s, this is fucking reality age,technology age, take a look at Donald trump, he had gone to visit people who something happened to yesterday , he went today or so, when Greenland bid didn’t go, he ignored the call of visit to Denmark, sack any one misbehaving.. turning America back to fearable state. It’s position, we had a chance to be giant recently, banning South Africa airline, Mtn, dstv, etc, just like Abacha did in 90s to Britain, we need a Leader, gospel truth we need one..
I didn't write the constitution
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Changethechain:
What the judiciary is doing is setting a very dangerous precedent... Tomorrow anyone can wake up and swear affidavit that he is a PhD holder and that is it

You are clearly a retard, an affidavit is a legal oath. If you don’t have a PhD and swear you have one, you have committed perjury on the record. When you swear an affidavit, you are telling the court what what is in the affidavit is true, if you lie and you get caught, you will face the consequences.

Because anyone can go and swear an affidavit does not mean there aren’t consequences for false declarations or you can just claim to have qualifications you don’t have.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by pyro62(m): 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ijaya123:
Did INEC ask you for your university degree? Basic comprehension of the electoral law seems to be lacking with this fellow.

All I see here is just mere ranting and it is synonymous with wailers. 2023 is still far.

Misinterpretation of the law seams to be your hobby angry
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
AK481:

But can it be verified from your school that you have one?

What kind of stupid question is this? It is the statement issued by my school that I used to enter university and I never bothered because I’ve never needed it since. I did my exams in June and I when I was entering University in sept it hadn’t come. Maybe the waec certificate came and my parents kept it but I’ve never set my eyes on it.

But to answer your silly question, of course my academic records are at the school and can be verified at any time.
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by ruffneck(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
Jiokejohn:
Are u plain dumb or only trying to be funny? The constitution regulates the qualification for elective posts and that is what the tribunal relied on to give its ruling. Do u even know the bodies that regulate medical practice in Nigeria? Legal matters are nt for every tom, dick and harry.....

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Elsucre042: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
Yul, who did this thing to you, was your degree certificate needed to compete for governorship position in your state?
Yul, now you have the attention, is there any other thing or is that all?

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Polchiz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
isthatso:

You are clearly a retard, an affidavit is a legal oath. If you don’t have a PhD and swear you have one, you have committed perjury on the record. When you swear an affidavit, you are telling the court what what is in the affidavit is true, if you lie and you get caught, you will face the consequences.

Because anyone can go and swear an affidavit does not mean there aren’t consequences for false declarations or you can just claim to have qualifications you don’t have.
I see sentiment in all your comments. The president claimed that he possesses a WAEC certificate by swearing an affidavit which was submitted to INEC prior to the election. In the past, he clearly stated in an affidavit that his credentials are with the military board. The military has come out to debunk his claims.
The case of Buhari is telling lies under an oath and the judiciary has made it clear that it is criminal to do so.
Nobody forced him to swear under an oath.
Recently, waec issued him a new certificate and the ceremony was aired on national television. Therefore, I'm yet to understand what is happening. Who is deceiving who?

Could you enlighten us on how best to prove or demonstrate that one is educated up to secondary school level beside certificate or statement of result?
Who uses photos that any idiot can edit to suit him?
Who uses attestation that cannot be corroborated by waec or Cambridge in their records?
Who uses a witness to ascertain education?
Does it occur to you that the authenticity of a certificate is usually verified by an organization before an appointment is confirmed?
How do you intend to verify and authenticate that Buhari was educated up to secondary school level?
Even if you were a Professor before contesting for the office of the president (in this case Buhari is a retired general) you are still required to confirm your claims by presenting your credentials., the minimum credentials are enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Bans Night Grazing Nationwide / Ondo Election: PDP Rejects Ogunbodede, OAU VC, As Returning Officer / FG Considers Performance Pay System For Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.