Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria (54708 Views)

JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Better comut b4 Dem kidnap u
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by GMbuharii: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Well good..buh stay and steer clear from "mining" activities and people

grin

Lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigsrdumb:
Until you go to her country as a Nigerian and hunted down by a group of supremacist who want to kill you just for being African.

Nigerians are too welcoming and that's a sign of gulliblity.

Our white loving blacks only see beauty and innocence in whites but trust me , Europeans have been and are still trying to genocide the black races.
Be sceptical about Europeans...
The South Africans treating Nigerians badly are they not black people?

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
magazineguy:
It is a general knowledge that countries outside of the African continent receive very biased, skewed and limited information; and therefore, have inadequate knowledge about what life is really like here. The western world is fed with images of poverty, epidemics, crime, underdevelopment and just a glance of beautiful Safaris and animals.

When I decided to relocate to Nigeria, the unpleasant images dominated my expectation. To my greatest surprise, Nigeria demystified those stereotypes. The beauty of its complexity and diversity is enchanting and breathtaking. Nigeria has it all! Living here is akin to exploring several countries at once.

There is nothing you can’t find in Nigeria! From the ancient tribes living in huts to the lavish modern houses, the fanciest cars, the highest levels of education…Nigeria is endowed with mountains, beaches, rainforest, desert, amazing nature, and diverse people; Creative youths, the most beautiful fashion, nightlife, culture, incredible arts…Nigeria has it all! Nigeria is a country of contrasts.

I must confess that I was amazed at my first arrival in the capital, Abuja; what a beautiful city! It really is no different than any European capital or city in the United States of America. It is a place with opportunity for all. I am amazed to see how people from every part of Nigeria, ranging from different States, cultures, tribes, religions live in peace and harmony. I was also surprised that the city donned with so many architectural styles that you get overwhelmed with a feeling of traversing several continents at once. I learned that previous governments contracted western and local companies to design and develop the Abuja; Asians, Turkish, American and other nationalities equally contributed towards the creation of this first-class city.

My initial plan was to stay in Nigeria for a year, but I quickly became “trapped” by Nigerian “magic”. The stories of Nigerian history, tribes, culture, beliefs and languages lured and enticed me. The beautiful nature, amazing arts, and creativity have become a part of me. In Abuja, I get to enjoy arts, theatre, fashion shows, supermarkets, dining, and business but also still be part of Nigerian culture, traditions, and history.

What I definitely love the most about Nigeria are the people! Happy Nigerian people! The people are welcoming and have accepted me as their own and are always happy to help, chat, work with and interact with me. In their usual hospitable nature, they have given me a Nigerian name, a title and taught me everything about their customs and traditions. The resilient Nigerian people, who no matter what happen in their country, remain strong, positive, faithful and happy. The strength and resilience of Nigerian people are immeasurable; their tenacious belief is so fascinating that they can certainly teach other nationalities a thing or two about persistence.

I am often asked why I love Nigeria. How is one supposed to answer that question? It is just like being asked why you love your husband, or mother or a best friend. All the things we love have faults, but we love them despite. We see something in them that others don’t. We love the way they make us feel. I love the smell of Nigeria. I can’t explain the smell, but I know I love it. I love how green it is and all the incredible, unknown sorts of trees and plants that grow here despite the intense heat during the dry season. I love the laugh of its people, their songs and the way they dance even when there is no music playing. I love the colours of their traditional clothes as much as I love the colours of the sky above Nigeria- always new, unexpected, perfect blends. I love the loud and exciting way Nigerians celebrate God, full of faith, but are still afraid of “juju” magic. Nigerian people are warm, loving, caring and full of life. There are so many intelligent, creative and talented people here, it is amazing!

I have found a second home here. Nigeria and its people have given me so much and I always try to give back as much as possible.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/my-nigerian-experience-ljiljana-kostic/

cool

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by YoungAncient1: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
I hope you have valid papers sha. This one your one year stay now turned into being 'trapped'

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by foleskay(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
Why do I keep having the believe that this poster is lying. In fact he's lying. He's a Nigerian forming Serbian cos the context of his writing doesn't like a foreigner write up
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Funkybabee(f): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
beautiful she!!!!!!!!!! make somebody copy this to Quora pls, I'm not in mood for this.
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
People Luke nairaland and instablog Nigeria are the ones we need to varnish from our society because all they project or gain joy from projecting is the bad things happening and never the good...

They have made it a full two job to tarnish anything good aboutnour country so that how the world sees us..what we project for them to see

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
MichaelSokoto:

b4 u come, pls wait lemme make one fone call...

lipsrsealed
grin grin grin grin He is probarbly at your door Already.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Biingoo: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Tell me why I will not marry a white lady Chai grin
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Afonja007: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
SirHouloo:
Nigeria is not as bad as we Nigerians paint it. We assume everything about Europe is world class and anything Nigerian non-class.
Inasmuch as we there are flaws in the system which we criticize, we should also show forth the good sides.
we never even show the world the bad side of Nigeria , if get liver let her drive one venza from Abuja reach kaduna by the time she will be rescued from bandits she will take next flight to belgrad
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by CreekCommando: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
Serbia too na Western world? Serbia is one of these poor countries with very poor citizens and loose women around the Russian region. You call it Western? Go sitdon joor..only naive people and naive countries don't Know about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by planetx: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Oyinbo generally like living in Africa, who wouldn't like a place you are worshiped and if you are a white guy, puss.y get thrown at you. Saw a white Canadian lady vlogging her travel to Ghana on YouTube and people came out to greet her with drums singing and dancing lol.

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2019
rheether:
Does she have a Nigerian boyfriend?
what kinda Question is this? Would you like to be her girlfriend? wouldn't surprised me. undecided
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
YoungAncient1:
I hope you have valid papers sha. This one your one year stay now turned into being 'trapped'
I think you would find she has overstayed her visa.

She is illegal.
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by harjay1986: 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
ikezuora4689:
Madam there is nothing good about Nigeria..... youths no get sense(they are all waiting for 2023 to campaign for one ancestor that will dash them 5k).......

Madam I knew in your country you don't knw the joy a typical Nigeria have whenever he hear up NEPA and the speed they use to plug there phones......

Madam I knew in your country you guys serve God in a peaceful manner....bt Nigerians we have the Muslims who believe once you are not a Muslim you deserve to be killed...I still wonder why we have no bombing and killing in Dubai.... maybe they serve different Allah who knows......

Mr. no good country, why cant you relocate and find out how other people are struggling to enjoy their life, the reason why Nigerian triumph outside the country is because of zeal in everyone in which not all country has that, even some European country GDP is not up to Half of Nigeria owns, what makes the white strong is because they quickly assist themself imagine the Greece crisis some years ago, IMF and World Bank didnt advice them to devalue their money rather they pump in more money for them, playing mind game with africa so that we can always come to them, and alway depend on them
Ask yourself if you are happen to be in US can you start a business with a $1000, no but in NIgeria you can though it may look small, but u be your own boss, just let us love this country on no matter what, sooner or later everything will be alright

we claim to be christian sometime common good confession on our country we no fit do
And madam we have more mosque/Church than schools in this country bt we are the most corrupt country in the world.... Pablo Escobar Colombia still dey learn work from us.... they brainwashed our brains using religion and tribe to tie us down

And finallly madam when it comes to be smart and intelligent Nigerians are number one...bt we are being ruled by one old ancestor who doesn't have certificate
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Madas1986(m): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
superior1:
You go Abuja, you say Nigeria fine ma Sister, just no near Maiduguri make your opinion no for change
Even the maiduguri you are so much afraid of a quite number of Nigerians still live there.She see something in this country which unfortunately u are yet to discover

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
The South Africans treating Nigerians badly are they not black people?

Yes that would show you that humans are tribal animals and prefer their own immediate tribe.

This xenophobic attacks will also happen in Europe,just wait for it.

We need to fix our country first to be as good as the west , otherwise no respect.

Nigerians are extremely stupid for not understanding this simple concept
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by SniperSmurf(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
Is she single? Im asking for myself.
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Georgry(m): 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
MichaelSokoto:
Chai!

seein that beautiful mosque in d landscape would want 2 make me convert to a Muslim and start shoutin "Allah akbah!"

Hell no!

I can't blow ppl up abeg! grin

*modified*
abeg, I only stated my personal opinion, it's a free con3 and diaris freedom of speech...
coman beat me inside my house instead if u don't like my post.
cool

You're entitled to your own opinion.. Please high the volume!

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by OChimex: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
SirHouloo:
Nigeria is not as bad as we Nigerians paint it. We assume everything about Europe is world class and anything Nigerian non-class.
Inasmuch as we there are flaws in the system which we criticize, we should also show forth the good sides.

Because she is white. From my experience, Nigerians respect and fear Whites a lot. A typical Nigerian though being evil will do everything to appear good in a White persons eyes and will be over the moon to be approved by a White. My goodness.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by GoodFaith: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
frosbel2:
If only Nigerians will love their county and unite to make it better undecided

Please tell me what to love Nigeria for?
for the reasons below?
corruption has destroy Nigeria to it root
Roads please tell me ?
water please tell me?
Electricity please tell me . Nigeria was better off 32 year ago
Health care Please tell me
Security please tell me kidnapping
Services eg getting passport please tell me
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Brightest04(m): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
Of cause Nigeria is great,wonderful, accommondating and loving and other nationals know this.But we Nigerians paints our country black and this is done by the never do wells and lazy ones.
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by baratech: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
She's pretty
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by monlawal(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
You need to get out of Abuja and explore every other part of Nigeria.
PS:you would be enamored by what you would see
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by blackboy(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
Pretty woman with a good heart. Well said. I like how she put it
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Bellotelli: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
ikezuora4689:
Madam there is nothing good about Nigeria..... youths no get sense(they are all waiting for 2023 to campaign for one ancestor that will dash them 5k).......

Madam I knew in your country you don't knw the joy a typical Nigeria have whenever he hear up NEPA and the speed they use to plug there phones......

Madam I knew in your country you guys serve God in a peaceful manner....bt Nigerians we have the Muslims who believe once you are not a Muslim you deserve to be killed...I still wonder why we have no bombing and killing in Dubai.... maybe they serve different Allah who knows......

And madam we have more mosque/Church than schools in this country bt we are the most corrupt country in the world.... Pablo Escobar Colombia still dey learn work from us.... they brainwashed our brains using religion and tribe to tie us down

And finallly madam when it comes to be smart and intelligent Nigerians are number one...bt we are being ruled by one old ancestor who doesn't have certificate
Mumu monkey.. For your mind u are making sense abi. What have you done to change the situation. That's how u use mouth to damage ur reputation then travel out and expect others to respect you. Ewu.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
OChimex:

Because she is white. From my experience, Nigerians respect and fear Whites a lot. A typical Nigerian though being evil will do everything to appear good in a White persons eyes and will be over the moon to be approved by a White. My goodness.

From the way Nigerians reason it will only take a few whites to recolonize them. Gullible, unaware, they will literally hand over all the resources whilst enchanted by whites, even though they the whites have shown for centuries that they don't consider blacks human.

I just don't get it, sometimes I wonder why my mindset is different and why I see white people for what they are.

Maybe it's because I've lived with them for so long and understand their psychology.

Once again be careful of Europeans they are the most selfish , pretentious , barbaric elements nature put on earth.

3 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by GoodFaith: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
Brightest04:
Of cause Nigeria is great,wonderful, accommondating and loving and other nationals know this.But we Nigerians paints our country black and this is done by the never do wells and lazy ones.

"Nigeria is great,wonderful, accommodating and loving" -- Agreed
But a country that has failed 99% of it citizens
Her Nigeria experience is different from 99% of Nigerians
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by munanonye16: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
you are right to an extent but .........
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
ikezuora4689:

E yaaa! Sorry for your loss...

This one is an embittered pig from the land of the rising crimes.

They see nothing good in everything about their fatherland...

As for me and my family, we say Nigeria is blessed and it is well with us and our fatherland.

AMEEEN
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by GoodFaith: 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

They see nothing good in everything about their fatherland...

As for me and my family, we say Nigeria is blessed and it is well with us and our fatherland.

AMEEEN

Please tell us about the blessing in Nigeria?
I love Nigeria
corruption has destroy Nigeria to it root
Roads please tell me ?
water please tell me?
Electricity please tell me . Nigeria was better off 32 year ago
Health care Please tell me
Security please tell me kidnapping
Services eg getting passport please tell me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely / Kazakhstan Has Banned Nigerians Over Rape & Bank Robbery - Dara Ikenna Nzimora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.