Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) (56702 Views)

Ifeoma, A 400L Student Of UNIBEN Drinks Sniper (Video) / Samuel Elias Commits Suicide! UNN Final Year Student Drinks Sniper / Twitter User, Segun Drinks Sniper Live On Twitter Over Low Jamb Score (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by reportnaija(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
A University of Lagos (UNILAG) staff identified as Sunday Meshioye reportedly committed suicide by drinking sniper after being forced to a face a disciplinary panel set up to investigate an incident he was reportedly involved in.

The deceased reportedly faced the disciplinary panel after the UNILAG bus he was driving got burnt. It was gathered that Meshioye took the deadly insecticide on Wednesday September 11, after facing the disciplinary panel set up to investigate the incident on Tuesday September 10.

The UNILAG staff was rushed to UNILAG health center before being transferred to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) in Idi Araba area where he died. He is survived by a wife and three children.

SOURCE
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2019/09/unilag-staff-allegedly-commits-suicide.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by CyberEBOLA(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
THE ONLY SURE THING IS DEATH

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by thorpido(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Why kill yourself?Even if you were culpable,the punishment you will receive will not kill you.
Now you just put your family in sorrow and will make life hard for them.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by majamajic(m): 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
people should learn how to face shame ,

highest thing Na sack

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Kalashnikov102(m): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
Mazafaka jus leave poor children make dem suffer sad

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by heckymaicon(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
so sad
Rip man
Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
I am seriously pained by this sad trend. Our government at all levels should wake up to this reality. Now, anyone just wakes up anytime and decides to end his own life. The social support system is very frail. Beyond banning open sale of the Sniper insecticide, government should do more. I am yet to hear of any serious summit or conference convoked by the govt to address this issue of suicide rate increase. Beyond releasing press statements, I expect the FG to have sponsored our seasoned social scientists to investigate this menace and profer solutions. Our spiritual leaders too should come in to provide support and give words of hope, reassurance and encouragement. These people seem to find no shoulder they could rest their heads on. People give up so easily because the devil sounds it loud to them that "nobody would understand".

And while other countries have institutions that provide psychological, physical and other support to depression sufferers, our own Lagos state would send you to jail if you are caught attempting suicide. What a shame!

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
At least blur the pictures now, you know if his relatives are on nairaland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by YorubaKing: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
Guy no wan face panel, now go face Baba God Satan. angry

R.I.P to him anyway cry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Ijaycool(f): 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
Be kind.
Please be kind to people.
We are too judgemental and inconsiderate.
Be kind.
Please be very kind.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by shadrama(m): 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
i tire for this country abeg. now that VAT has been increased, i wonder what will be d head line for the next 4years

7 Likes

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Greatman741: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
Too bad smh sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by BIGGIE121(m): 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
People should think before committing sucide it is not over until the fat lady sings, now his children would be fatherless and his wife would be a widower. Rest in pieces feeble minded idiot .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by bestman09(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
sad
Too bad. He didn't even think about the wife and kids.
BTW, why set up a panel because of a burnt bus? Did he set it ablaze?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by nuban07(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
Killing urself is not the solution, the worst that will happened is Sack and that's not the end of the road. I only pity his children and wife

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by sanmtiago(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
Life is getting harder and scarier cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by AtikuNetwork: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
But Why? Many people are walking around with lots of burdens that aren't written on their faces.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by kutashi: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
Gracealone:
I am seriously pained by this sad trend. Our government at all levels should wake up to this reality. Now, anyone just wakes up anytime and decides to end his own life. The social support system is very frail. Beyond banning open sale of the Sniper insecticide, government should do more. I am yet to hear of any serious summit or conference by the govt to address this issue of suicide rate increase. Beyond releasing press statements, I expect the FG to have sponsored our seasoned social scientists to investigate this menace and profer solutions. Our spiritual leaders too should come in to provide support and give words of hope and encouragement. These people seem to find no shoulder they could rest their heads. People give up so easily because the devil sounds it loud to them that "nobody would understand".

And while other countries have institutions that provide psychological, physical and other support to depression sufferers, our own Lagos state would send you to jail if you are caught attempting suicide. What a shame!
The government that's complaining of over population!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by autotrader014(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
This is really unfortunate. I have said it before and will say it again. Suicide will multiply in Nigeria. Not because times are hard. Times were HARD way back before now. The problem now is that adults are increasingly immature and the society is increasingly frivolous.

People have no true friends, because friends now see themselves as rivals, back stabbers/biters now masquerade as friends. Problem shared now becomes public information.

There's a rat race going on and it's measured by fleeting wealth and nothing else true and lasting. Setbacks are mourned as a wasted life by those who should give love and genuine support. Men who rose through their friend’s magnanimity are now digging graves for such friends. So troubled man becomes a butt of jokes by those in whom he reposited his trust.

Calamities befall men and their friends shed tears in the morning and run them down at night. Adults now behave like children.
The man can’t even tell his wife because he is sure she won’t understand. He has seen her divulge little details to her family. He has heard her eulogize wealth and curse set backs as abomination. She has a little merry heart. Men now gossip like women.

The cleric can’t be trusted because he is given to flamboyant cars and lots of worldly ambition. He rates men by their earthly successes and wealth. He can’t be trusted because wealth he says, is the ultimate blessing from God. Everyday he celebrates only the rich.

So the troubled man walks around with his troubles in his heart, smiles at all the children masquerading as adults around him. One day, he would weigh it all over again and say no, it’s enough.
True and matured friends are now very scarce! No true ears to talk to in times of trouble, no honest shoulder to lay on in times of weakness.
And a culmination of all these is why depression-induced suicide is on a sad rise.

Can we all rise and fight this menace called depression in truth?
Can you work and encourage others to assume the role(s) of true friend(s)?
Can we jointly reinstate the intergrity of the quote “Problem shared is half solved”?
Be your brothers keeper

117 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by mamajj17(f): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
majamajic:
people should learn how to face shame ,

highest thing Na sack
I tell you my dear, if there is LIFE, there is HOPE undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
Sick guy

Las Las na suspension

Na Govt property.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
RIP
Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by WIZGUY69(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
We're now daring and heartless in Nigeria, Nigeria that i know are not used to suicide grin

R.I.P Bossman

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Yahman1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Probably Over thinking Caused him to give up. You need to calm down, "Wetin don happen don happen, no reason am too much"

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Amuocha: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ambode sef sad
Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
I suspect murder. He was probably killed to cover up a bigger story. His death should be thoroughly investigated

7 Likes

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by solmusdesigns: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
sad

this is no more funny

A federal worker with good salary and speedy and constant monthly alert and allowance off himself, they dont sack federal workers anyhow.. oga should have still finish the panel process

1 Like

Re: Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) by materialproject: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
so bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timilehin Jegede Is Missing, Family Cries Out (Photos) / Man Killed And Buried In A Farm In Ebonyi Because Of N3M! (Graphic Photos!) / Man Beats And Rapes His Wife In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.