Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? (20037 Views)

Buhari Abandoned Us Despite Supporting His Reelection Bid - Miyetti Allah / Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? / Sowore: "Buhari Abandoned Abiola To Death And Want To Use His Name To Win 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by NGpatriot: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
wirinet:

Typical Nigerian answering a question with question to deflect from answering the question.

Let me answer your question;
The reason the Lagos - Ibadan expressway is now not being ignored by the Buhari administration is because the road is not being ignored by south west politicians and electorates. South west politicians and electorates have been putting pressure on Buhari to fix the road. As the politicians and electorates supported Buhari in the last elections, he feels the need to listen to their demands.

Now answer the question;
Why didn't PDP government (including the Jonathan administration filled with Niger deltans) ignore the east west road for 16 years despite rabid support from politicians and electorate?

I don't think they are smart or intelligent enough to come up with a sane answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by mrvitalis(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
maasoap:

It is being given but you can't see the impact because it is ending up in the pockets of the 1% ruling class. The same goes for Nigeria as a nation.
Whether doubled or tripled, the story will still be the same. In Nigeria, in Niger Delta, it is not the lack of money, it is the lack of selfless leaders
Niger delta deserve 100% resources control case closed how they spend it is not none nicer deltans problems

Let other regions create their own wealth
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 7:39am On Sep 15, 2019
udoka2013:
They supported him because he is not from the south. Even the Judiciary accepted his no certificate status. The first president with no educational certificate in the whole world.

It's sad my brother
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2019
mrvitalis:

Niger delta deserve 100% resources control case closed how they spend it is not none nicer deltans problems

Let other regions create their own wealth

Resources control is a scam. A greed. A winner-take all mentality. On top of that, it benefits the 1% of the population. Just tell your governors and state lawmakers to utilise the ones you are getting for the developments of your region. Simple
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by mrvitalis(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2019
maasoap:

Resources control is a scam. A greed. A winner-take all mentality. On top of that, it benefits the 1% of the population. Just tell your governors and state lawmakers to utilise the ones you are getting for the developments of your region. Simple
Oga are ur governors doing better than nicer delta governors ?
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2019
wirinet:

Typical Nigerian answering a question with question to deflect from answering the question.

Let me answer your question;
The reason the Lagos - Ibadan expressway is now not being ignored by the Buhari administration is because the road is not being ignored by south west politicians and electorates. South west politicians and electorates have been putting pressure on Buhari to fix the road. As the politicians and electorates supported Buhari in the last elections, he feels the need to listen to their demands.

Now answer the question;
Why didn't PDP government (including the Jonathan administration filled with Niger deltans) ignore the east west road for 16 years despite rabid support from politicians and electorate?

This your post is laughable!

You mean GEJ abandoned East-West road?
Do you even know this road? Have you ever driven on it? Who else did those good long stretches of the road and various bridges if not GEJ?

Oga, it's not by force to comment on a topic.
If you're ignorant of a particular story, simply ignore and move on to the next thread.

I
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by wirinet(m): 11:16am On Sep 15, 2019
Staro:

This your post is laughable!

You mean GEJ abandoned East-West road?
Do you even know this road? Have you ever driven on it? Who else did those good long stretches of the road and various bridges if not GEJ?

Oga, it's not by force to comment on a topic.
If you're ignorant of a particular story, simply ignore and move on to the next thread.

I

Ignorant people forming wise.

I am from warri. I was in warri when Setraco started work on the east west road in 2010. Setraco yard in Ubeji, warri is opposite where I was staying. I had a very close friend who was the personal assistant of a Setraco director in Abuja. So you cannot tell me anything about that road.

Setraco abandoned the road because of lack of funding.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga are ur governors doing better than nicer delta governors ?

Much better when compared the monthly allocations and developmental projects they are carrying out
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by mrvitalis(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
maasoap:

Much better when compared the monthly allocations and developmental projects they are carrying out
So that means nicer delta should not control their resources ?
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
mrvitalis:

So that means nicer delta should not control their resources ?

They can but you still won't benefit unless the root cause of underdevelopment is addressed, and that's corruption.
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by mrvitalis(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
maasoap:

They can but you still won't benefit unless the root cause of underdevelopment is addressed, and that's corruption.
Thats not your business ...is your region more developed than nicer delta ?
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

Thats not your business ...is your region more developed than nicer delta ?

Good question.
See now, he has run away just because you asked him a simple question whether his region is better than Nigel Delta
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by mrvitalis(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
Staro:

Good question.
See now, he has run away just because you asked him a simple whether his region is better than Nigel Delta
Igbos are not afraid ,people with highest IGR and debt are scared ...regional government go expose so many things they are just scared
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
wirinet:

Ignorant people forming wise.

I am from warri. I was in warri when Setraco started work on the east west road in 2010. Setraco yard in Ubeji, warri is opposite where I was staying. I had a very close friend who was the personal assistant of a Setraco director in Abuja. So you cannot tell me anything about that road.

Setraco abandoned the road because of lack of funding.

I know your type.
You should have told us your father is the MD of Setraco. Nonsense!

You BMC crew are just as dishonest as your master in Aso Rock.

Who told you Setraco ever abandoned that road during GEJ?
Oga, it was Julius Berger that abandoned it in 2010 due to lack of funding but GEJ re-awarded it to Setraco and RCC and mobilised them heavily.

Setraco and RCC were working on that road everyday during GEJ tenure. All the completed portions from Warri - PH - Eket including the various bridges you see there today were done during GEJ tenure.
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by wirinet(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
Staro:

I know your type.
You should have told us your father is the MD of Setraco. Nonsense!

You BMC crew are just as dishonest as your master in Aso Rock.

Who told you Setraco ever abandoned that road during GEJ?
Oga, it was Julius Berger that abandoned it in 2010 due to lack of funding but GEJ re-awarded it to Setraco and RCC and mobilised them heavily.

Setraco and RCC were working on that road everyday during GEJ tenure. All the completed portions from Warri - PH - Eket including the various bridges you see there today were done during GEJ tenure.

I know your type, arguing about something you have no idea about from your village in Umuahia or Aba. I informed you I was in warri when Setraco mobilised to site. I even tried to get contract to supply sand on that project. But you in IPOB capital are able to tell me what went on in my own backyard.

Even a simple Google search would have cured your ignorance.
This is from Setraco site itself;

CLIENT
MINISTRY OF NIGER DELTA AFFAIRS
NAME OF THE CONSULTANT
AIM CONSULTANTS LIMITED
MONTH AWARDED
MAY-2009
MONTH OF COMPLETION
ON GOING
SPECIAL FEATURES
http://www.setraco.net/project_det.php?id=61

While this is a report the day after the contract was awarded;

Nigeria: East-West Road Dualisation - Setraco Takes Over From Berger
12 JUNE 2009 By Sunday Williams

The Federal Government yesterday signed a N74 billion contractual agreement with Messrs Setraco Nig. Ltd for the dualisation of the East-West road which was abandoned by Julius Berger in 2006 due to the activities of Niger Delta militants.

The signing of the agreement brought to an end various attempts by the Federal government to re-award the project since it was abandoned.
https://allafrica.com/stories/200906120044.html

1 Like

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
tinsel:

You see your mentality. How you regard any body against your myopic view as from yoruba. Enyi, abum onye igbo. A proud son of the igbo. But not a tribal bigot like you who will fail to reason like a human being because he is blinded with tribalism.
Biko ezi enyim, kedukwanu ebe isi we bia -na onumara igbo?
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by tinsel: 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2019
eduj:

Biko ezi enyim, kedukwanu ebe isi we bia -na onumara igbo?
Gini bu onumara igbo? You better say 'na ana igbo'.
Are you show ibu nwa afo igbo?
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
wirinet:

I know your type, arguing about something you have no idea about from your village in Umuahia or Aba. I informed you I was in warri when Setraco mobilised to site. I even tried to get contract to supply sand on that project. But you in IPOB capital are able to tell me what went on in my own backyard.

Even a simple Google search would have cured your ignorance.
This is from Setraco site itself;

While this is a report the day after the contract was awarded;

Lol, see this warri wannabe
My Niger Delta brothers are not daft.
Stop claiming Niger Delta, oga
Go back to your shitty dessert land and continue licking Buhari's anus.

The fact that you jumped at the usual categorisation of every critic of Buhari as IBO/IPOB actually gave you away. Niger Deltans don't reason that way. If you monitor social media you should have noticed that there's no true Niger Delta blood that hops into such childish rants. Even Niger Deltans who are Buharis supporters hardly join those Ibo/IPOB rants.
Stop fooling yourself, I know your type.
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by obailala(m): 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
israelmao:
Virtually every sector in Nigeria is politicized most especially in Buhari's administration what you get is according to the number of votes.
Besides appointments of individuals into positions where they go and steal blindly, what exactly are the people who voted Buhari enjoying which others dont get?

1 Like

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
tinsel:

Gini bu onumara igbo? You better say 'na ana igbo'.
Are you show ibu nwa afo igbo?
Biko, iwe gi dajo'. Anoburum acho iju gi onumara ala igbo isi we' puta? e'kwegim na ibu nwa igbo, ya mere ka muna aju gi ajuju ahu. Google Translator emela, amaghi nke wuzi nke. abum onye ngwa -biko biko gwam onumara gi ka mu tou gi mazi
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
Useless people in govt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue / Pro And Anti-Oshiomhole Forces Fight Dirty In Edo / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.