Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha (2893 Views)

Biafra: "I Used To Lecture Abaribe On How To Live In Prison" - Shehu Sani (Pix) / Biafra:I Started A Petition Calling For 5 Igbo States{photos } / BIAFRA: I See Biafra Coming Soon, Rev Fr Mbaka To Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by State001: 8:45am On Sep 15, 2019
Senator Rochas Okorocha has hinted at the possibility of joining the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Igbere TV can report.

But Mr Okorocha said he will only join the group if its supreme leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, is able to convince him to do so.

The IPOB is a secessionist group that seeks a referendum for the independence of the Igbo ethnic group of Nigeria, and creation of a Biafran state.

Supporters of Biafran independence are from the Igbo, Izon (Ijaw), Anang, Igbanke (Edo), Ishekiri, Urhobo, Igala, Idoma and other ethnic groups within the map of defunct Biafra state.

IPOB claims that Biafrans are marginalized by the government in Abuja through lack of resource distribution, poor investment, and an unfair heavily militarized presence in their region.

The Nigerian government once cracked down on IPOB members who peacefully protested due to Kanu's arrest and incarceration despite various courts rulings for his release, reports Igbere TV.

Today, IPOB have metamorphosed from a group to a movement of the Indegenious Biafran population who are fed up with the Nigerian depleting state. Biafrans all over the world have identified with the movement, thereby making IPOB to be a face of Biafra restoration movement.

But Okorocha, immediate past Governor of Imo State, now Senator representing Imo North, said he is yet to truly understand what the group is looking for.

Okorocha, who admitted knowing members of the organisation, added it is his duty to have a chat with them as a father.

He, however, said that they must convince him on why he must join IPOB and where it is taking Igbos to.

“In the first place, IPOB is not different from other similar groups from other parts of the country, but it is just the packaging and name that have always been the problem,” he was quoted by The Sun.

“I don’t know what we plan to achieve by isolating ourselves from the rest of the country. And until IPOB answers the question, the leaders might not know how to handle it.

“When you say IPOB, are they trying to call for another sovereign nation? If they want to use this as a way of correcting certain injustices meted to the Igbo, then they should change the name to start with.

“When Oduduwa, Arewa or Niger Delta youths talk, they don’t call for a sovereign nation. For Igbo to become a country of their own, they have to think about the consequences.

“Personally, I don’t think it is good for the Igbo to become isolated from other nations and tribes in this country.

“Although the young men may have grievances, they should package them properly for the world to understand what they are fighting for.

“To be honest with you, I don’t know what IPOB is looking for till date. I don’t know what the agenda of IPOB are and where they are planning to take Ndigbo to.

“The leaders seem to have kept quiet for too long. As our children, we need to guild them and let them know that they cannot be talking about sovereignty within a nation.

“What programme do they have in the first place? What has IPOB done about the Igbo killed in South Africa? Is it not surprising that they have not done anything?

“I challenge all the Igbo to return from South Africa, India and other parts of the world, converge on Onitsha market and let us see what will happen.

“I don’t think the Igbo need IPOB at this point; it is rather a distraction that is not good for our political future. It might be the reason we are not doing well politically, yet we are adding more danger to it.

“They are our children; we love them and need to bring them closer. So, it is the failure of leadership in Igboland that should be blamed. We are not showing good leadership to these boys.

“They are children and look at how they attacked Ekweremadu, but how have the attack or threat to other political leaders solved the problem of Igbo in Nigeria?

“How has it corrected the problem of marginalisation of Igbo in Nigeria? They are beating up people in the name of IPOB in Owerri, Aba and other towns, but how has that solved the problem?

“I think IPOB is rather waging war against ourselves which should not be. I am looking forward to meeting with them anytime to address this issue and if they convince me, I will follow them and if I convince them, they should follow me.

“Can we have a meeting where the Igbo will meet with these IPOB, MASSOB and those other associations to find a common ground because whether they are bad, good or evil, they are our brothers, children, sons and daughters?

“I cannot lay claim that I don’t know them because they are Igbo and it is my duty to have a chat with them as a father. They must convince me on why I must join IPOB and where it is taking us to.

“I have told them to join APC because through APC, Igbo man might become president and if they have contrary view, they can look for alternative. IPOB needs to explain where they want to take Ndigbo to.”

http://igberetvnews.com/992550/biafra-rochas-okorocha-reveals-will-join-ipob/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by State001: 8:46am On Sep 15, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by 40secondsMan: 8:50am On Sep 15, 2019
Booked...
Should I call sarrki or biafraexposed?
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by adoboy04(m): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2019
State001:
Lalasticlala

Seun
This man is talking sense now but I trust trust my brother them they will not listen. They will be calling him okorohausa but they have 4gotten he made his money in the north.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by prince2pac(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2019
This oga made some point here though, okwu ya siri ike o... But lets wait to see how it goes down... Or is this some kind of distraction

Contact us for your Turkish furnitures today.. Make a standard beautiful home
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Nwaotu10(m): 9:04am On Sep 15, 2019
We don't want him to join. He is an Hausa man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 15, 2019
Food for yorubas, oyah enter.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by NOC1(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2019
Before you comment make your read the article. He is making a lot of sense. Most of them don’t know what they are pursuing, those leading them don’t know how to go about it.
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by austinsmat(m): 9:08am On Sep 15, 2019
Agent of distraction okoroawusa after European Union next is United Nation, you and fellows can't stop what chukwu okike abiama has bless.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by austinsmat(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2019
NOC1:
Before you comment make your read the article. He is making a lot of sense. Most of them don’t know what they are pursuing, those leading them don’t know how to go about it.
which since one question for you are you an igbo,if no is not your fault if yes you are efulefu

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by BlackfireX: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2019
Guy man abeg join Fulani herdsmen....

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Arda1000(m): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2019
40secondsMan:
Booked...
Should I call sarrki or biafraexposed?
lol Biafraexposed? I don't think his still alive
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Emyogalanya: 10:06am On Sep 15, 2019
Today, IPOB Is the reason why we are not doing well politically ? Pls can someone remind me again when Ipob was formed ? And Jutaxpose it with the statement from this full. In contrast Ipob is as a result of your political failure

10 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by mcbreeze: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2019
NOC1:

How could you said that IPOB don't know what they are looking for. It is appalling that in Nigeria, many acclaimed literate, don't read to understand instead to attack perceived enemy.
Objectives of IPOB are clear and have no ambiguity.
Grant us referendum and let people decide where to belong. IPOB has remained consistent with the quest for self determination and has never changed word.
Why then will you say that they don't know what they pursuing.
Okorocha is talking about Igbo presidency as if it matter to us. And he want to join on what purpose?
May he carry his iberiberism sit down because I personally know, he will not like to be convinced.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Emyogalanya: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2019
This one everyone is talking of Ipob since the Eu visit , can someone tell me what is going on?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by deboysben(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2019
Afonjas time to reach their orgasm is now

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Inteltower: 10:26am On Sep 15, 2019
how is Nigeria a nation Rochas ?
Igbo presidency my foot

we have lost sight why we need a capable president & why politically things ought to be fair via rotational system & not favouring few regions.
some people here I don't know how they think, will say the igbos to follow through election but we know the impossibility of that & they think Nigeria is USA..

so igbos are like the Black's in the US who have to wait 30/50 years till they produce a President.
were igbos imported slaves in the past..
didn't we all start with this country called Nigeria.

some fools want igbos to beg the North or make them favour us like SW.
gosh are they the custodians of the political power in Nigeria ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by tuborme: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2019
Don’t even think of it! Before you destroy it like you did to PDP, APGA, ORLU and Imo state. Anything he touches is destroyed.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by nwafor1(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2019
Ohamadike you said something from the beginning that has worked for us till now, you told us that we don't forgive and that is final! cool cool

The simple question is who proscribed IPOB first

Rochass is one of the shameful leaders and representatives who don't know what their people deserve but do always the bidding of their slave masters up north. We told them, we begged them, we had meetings upon meetings with them, we explained everything unambiguously to them, they understood IPOB quite alright they did, but they chose to loose their souls to eternal damnation just for them to enjoy this little fornication called ZOOGERIA. All these nonsense gatherings of theirs now and noise making is geared towards deceiving the gullible while pushing for suitable campaign topics and political slogans cum 2023, but little did they know that we've absolutely gone passed this level that they are still.

#Biafra is our Last Hope! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Chibuzoc(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2019
Igbo president grin grin grin

IPOB has no space for saboteurs

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Mutemenot(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2019
I guess he's planing to visit Europe, inorder not to collect his own beating, he's making a positive comment.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by zeromeridian: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2019
Okorocha is seeking refuge in IPOB.
Let me warn you Okorocha, you might be relevant in the North or popular. But you are now an anathema in the east.

I'mob you are calling your children are fathers and l am sure you will have a date with them

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 15, 2019
I don't take Rochas serious again. He is just a man fighting for political survival.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by goodnessme1(f): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2019
I still wonder how Ipob are their children.
The men that beat up Ekweremadu are older than him.

Kanu is likely to be older than okorohausa.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by nijabazaar: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
Thank God for Nnamdi Kanu....

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by BlessedNuel: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by TheWordist(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
When you people talk about Biafra yall make it sound like when it actually happens everything that was wrong before automatically becomes alright,like yall are not still in Nigeria,still in the same mess of poor and corrupt leadership,still within africa,still fighting and killing each other for money or land,still breathing the same air,still experiencing police brutality,still getting oppressed by the political elites,still experiencing epileptic power supply yall think immediately Biafra is born everything becomes brand new,good roads, booming economy,technological advancement,competing with Japan in technology. Yall must be sleeping and dreaming on air beds. First of all take out the political elites suppressing the struggle before seeking for a state where the sun rises.
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by State001: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun

FP please
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by xelly: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
State001:
Senator Rochas Okorocha has hinted at the possibility of joining the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Igbere TV can report.

But Mr Okorocha said he will only join the group if its supreme leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, is able to convince him to do so.

The IPOB is a secessionist group that seeks a referendum for the independence of the Igbo ethnic group of Nigeria, and creation of a Biafran state.

Supporters of Biafran independence are from the Igbo, Izon (Ijaw), Anang, Igbanke (Edo), Ishekiri, Urhobo, Igala, Idoma and other ethnic groups within the map of defunct Biafra state.

IPOB claims that Biafrans are marginalized by the government in Abuja through lack of resource distribution, poor investment, and an unfair heavily militarized presence in their region.

The Nigerian government once cracked down on IPOB members who peacefully protested due to Kanu's arrest and incarceration despite various courts rulings for his release, reports Igbere TV.

Today, IPOB have metamorphosed from a group to a movement of the Indegenious Biafran population who are fed up with the Nigerian depleting state. Biafrans all over the world have identified with the movement, thereby making IPOB to be a face of Biafra restoration movement.

But Okorocha, immediate past Governor of Imo State, now Senator representing Imo North, said he is yet to truly understand what the group is looking for.

Okorocha, who admitted knowing members of the organisation, added it is his duty to have a chat with them as a father.

He, however, said that they must convince him on why he must join IPOB and where it is taking Igbos to.

“In the first place, IPOB is not different from other similar groups from other parts of the country, but it is just the packaging and name that have always been the problem,” he was quoted by The Sun.

“I don’t know what we plan to achieve by isolating ourselves from the rest of the country. And until IPOB answers the question, the leaders might not know how to handle it.

“When you say IPOB, are they trying to call for another sovereign nation? If they want to use this as a way of correcting certain injustices meted to the Igbo, then they should change the name to start with.

“When Oduduwa, Arewa or Niger Delta youths talk, they don’t call for a sovereign nation. For Igbo to become a country of their own, they have to think about the consequences.

“Personally, I don’t think it is good for the Igbo to become isolated from other nations and tribes in this country.

“Although the young men may have grievances, they should package them properly for the world to understand what they are fighting for.

“To be honest with you, I don’t know what IPOB is looking for till date. I don’t know what the agenda of IPOB are and where they are planning to take Ndigbo to.

“The leaders seem to have kept quiet for too long. As our children, we need to guild them and let them know that they cannot be talking about sovereignty within a nation.

“What programme do they have in the first place? What has IPOB done about the Igbo killed in South Africa? Is it not surprising that they have not done anything?

“I challenge all the Igbo to return from South Africa, India and other parts of the world, converge on Onitsha market and let us see what will happen.

“I don’t think the Igbo need IPOB at this point; it is rather a distraction that is not good for our political future. It might be the reason we are not doing well politically, yet we are adding more danger to it.

“They are our children; we love them and need to bring them closer. So, it is the failure of leadership in Igboland that should be blamed. We are not showing good leadership to these boys.

“They are children and look at how they attacked Ekweremadu, but how have the attack or threat to other political leaders solved the problem of Igbo in Nigeria?

“How has it corrected the problem of marginalisation of Igbo in Nigeria? They are beating up people in the name of IPOB in Owerri, Aba and other towns, but how has that solved the problem?

“I think IPOB is rather waging war against ourselves which should not be. I am looking forward to meeting with them anytime to address this issue and if they convince me, I will follow them and if I convince them, they should follow me.

“Can we have a meeting where the Igbo will meet with these IPOB, MASSOB and those other associations to find a common ground because whether they are bad, good or evil, they are our brothers, children, sons and daughters?

“I cannot lay claim that I don’t know them because they are Igbo and it is my duty to have a chat with them as a father. They must convince me on why I must join IPOB and where it is taking us to.

“I have told them to join APC because through APC, Igbo man might become president and if they have contrary view, they can look for alternative. IPOB needs to explain where they want to take Ndigbo to.”

If this man is talking I just bend my head in shame. A man that crippled Imo State has the got to open his trash to talk rubbish. Please return your loot before you mention IPOB and Igboland.
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Doc10q: 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2019
austinsmat:
Agent of distraction okoroawusa after European Union next is United Nation, you and fellows can't stop what chukwu okike abiama has bless.

U were indeed breastfeed well by your mother. Tell them joor!
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by Doc10q: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
Who is this man trying to fool?! If u read this write up very well and dilute and digest it, u will see that what this man is trying to do.... In fact d point of it all is that he's trying to convince people to support / join demonic APC, especially the ibos, where u will be president but remain a Fulani slave to the Fulanis for the rest of your life! From this write up, u will notice that this man is not a supporter of iPod, he's not even in any way trying to join the ipod but instead he wants to be the one to do the convincing and not the other way around.
Forget any way he's sweetcoating his words... this man does not really care for d ibos. He knows the ibos have already dumped him in d trash thats why he's looking for people(ipod) to convince to save his own skin from whatever treatment he wud get from ipod. Since nnadi kaun has been saying on radio, why didn't he listen and know if he's convinced or not...no! because he was busy chasing his own pocket... Now he's knows he wants somebody to come and convince him. Ibos if u like believe\ this man at your own risk. I'm not ibo but I support the ibos in their cause cos I know d reason behind it
Re: Biafra: ‘I Am Ready To Join IPOB, But...’ — Rochas Okorocha by meccuno: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
[s]
State001:

[/s] is he not tired of his own lies?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vanguard Newspaper Will Pay N10 Million Fine For Carrying Nnamdi Kanu's Letter / How The Igbos Built world First Private financed Airport In IMO State*photos* / 2022 Data On Largest Built-up Urban Areas ( Lagos & Onitsha Tops Again)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.