Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation (44010 Views)

Lupita Nyong’o Eats Ants With Relish (Photos, Video) / Anyang Nyong’o: Woman Sending Nude Pictures To Lupita Nyong’o’s Governor Father / Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
EkunKekere:

Why doesn't this comment surprise me? Maybe it's because I've grown accustomed to expecting random stupidity from Nigerians.
In better run entertainment industries, movie critics and audience reactions during test screenings can make or destroy a movie on the strength of positive or negative reviews.
Here any piece of crap produced is swallowed by a gullible, impressionable, audience with the collective IQ of a turd.
You had to respond with this long rant, simply because I pointed out to you that any director worth his salt should be able to get the right performance from his cast? Is that what got your knickers in a twist? Or is it because I asked if you had produced any movie in the past? Which one? shocked

Oga, your rants are meaningless. If you like, condemn Nollywood plots, scripts and movies from now till tomorrow. Those who enjoy and partronise them, will continue to do so. undecided

Everyone cannot have the same taste. If you are so upset about what Nollywood has to offer, oya do your own movie and let us see. Maybe, others will learn a thing or two from it. Until then, talk is cheap! sad
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
I'm truly, deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart. It's sheer force of habit for me to adopt an overbearing tone when trying to explain simplicity to a cretin. So maybe this softened approach will help:

You don't have to be a singer to tell when someone is singing off key;

You don't have to be a footballer to know when a football team is having a bad game;

You don't have to be a writer to know when someone writes an ungrammatical sentence;

One doesn't have to be a director or actor to know a film (or in this case a film industry) is rubbish.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

CeterisXVII:

You had to respond with this long rant, simply because I pointed out to you that any director worth his salt should be able to get the right performance from his cast? Is that what got your knickers in a twist? Or is it because I asked if you had produced any movie in the past? Which one? shocked

Oga, your rants are meaningless. If you like, condemn Nollywood plots, scripts and movies from now till tomorrow. Those who enjoy and partronise them, will continue to do so. undecided

Everyone cannot have the same taste. If you are so upset about what Nollywood has to offer, oya do your own movie and let us see. Maybe, others will learn a thing or two from it. Until then, talk is cheap! sad
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
EkunKekere:
I'm truly, deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart. It's sheer force of habit for me to adopt an overbearing tone when trying to explain simplicity to a cretin. So maybe this softened approach will help:

You don't have to be a singer to tell when someone is singing off key;

You don't have to be a footballer to know when a football team is having a bad game;

One doesn't have to be a director or actor to know a film (or in this case a film industry) is rubbish.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Oh, you are now calling yourself a cretin? Do you hate yourself that much? shocked
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
Sigh. Your case is worse than I feared. How'd you make it this far in life with a single digit IQ?

CeterisXVII:

Oh, you are now calling yourself a cretin? Do you hate yourself that much? shocked
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
EkunKekere:
Sigh. Your case is worse than I feared. How'd you make it this far in life with a single digit IQ?
Eeyah...why are you now broadcasting to everyone, how low your IQ has fallen?
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 12:30am On Sep 17, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Eeyah...I am truly a fool because of my low IQ
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2019
EkunKekere:
Eeyah...I am truly a fool because of my low IQ

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
EkunKekere:
Have pity on me and forgive my stupidity. I was truly born a fool, says EkunKekere
This description below really fits EkunKekere

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
EkunKekere:
Have pity on me and forgive my stupidity. I was born a fool. I have a low IQ. It is a family trait of the EkunKekere family. Stupidly I came into the world, and stupidly I will leave it. Signed: EkunKekere

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
[quote author=CeterisXVII post=82330838][/quote]

O boy, see as the thing pain am so tey e wan sh-it for body grin

[img]https://i./3NowX.gif[/img]

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 11:13pm On Sep 17, 2019
EkunKekere:
See as e pain am

I am happy that EkunKekere has been reduced to a wailing heap of tears and agony.

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Shebi you be grown up man of 50 years? Why you come dey shame your pikin like did na?
[img]https://images./1wtx1k41eJgOBdxCPsQPmE.gif[/img]
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
EkunKekere:
Shebi you be grown up man of 50 years EkunKekere? Why you come dey shame your pikin like dis na, EkunKekere?

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 12:36am On Sep 18, 2019
[quote author=CeterisXVII post=82331521][/quote]

[img]https://images./48YnQEAPjWUe1DZLza9SAR.gif[/img]

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 1:21am On Sep 18, 2019
EkunKekere:
I know that EkunKekere is dumb and daft.

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2019
[quote author=CeterisXVII post=82332320][/quote]

[img]https://images./4bBykwHSo73qT5Gy7WkOu.gif[/img]

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by CeterisXVII: 8:50am On Sep 18, 2019
EkunKekere:
I am an idiot and my name is EkunKekere. I am so pained by what is happening to me.

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by EkunKekere: 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
[quote author=CeterisXVII post=82337792][/quote]

[img]https://images./1wMG3wwaQmcpVpXYmPkjXJ.gif[/img]

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by Ndipe(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
Is there any Nigerian actress that is popular as Lupita because in Hollywood, it is name recognition and the ability to transfer a project into a successful outcome that matters.
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by grandstar(m): 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
bennynaza:
As if the show runners will give a rats ass about their opinion. The series isn't even being made for Nigerian audience in the first place

That's the koko. That's what most of them don't understand.
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by safarigirl(f): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
I have never seen any Hollywood actor CONVINCINGLY play a Nigerian, from Thandie Newton, to Will Smith, and even that Chiwetel Ejiofor of a person angry, all of them always manage to sound like apartheid and xenophobia whenever they have to play a Nigerian role.

I take little solace knowing Lupita interacted with Nigerians when she was playing a role on Sugah all those years ago, and she will perhaps, be in a decent position to channel her inner Nigerian for this role

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 20, 2019
safarigirl:
I have never seen any Hollywood actor CONVINCINGLY play a Nigerian, from Thandie Newton, to Will Smith, and even that Chiwetel Ejiofor of a person angry, all of them always manage to sound like apartheid and xenophobia whenever they have to play a Nigerian role.

I take little solace knowing Lupita interacted with Nigerians when she was playing a role on Sugah all those years ago, and she will perhaps, be in a decent position to channel her inner Nigerian for this role

Chiwetel Ejiofor is a full nigerian though. his scars are from a road accident in nigeria in which his father died

in the end , this is a complaint most races have about their portrayals in hollywood.
at least no whitewashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by safarigirl(f): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2019
ornicus:

Chiwetel Ejiofor is a full nigerian though. his scars are from a road accident in nigeria in which his father died

in the end , this is a complaint most races have about their portrayals in hollywood.
at least no whitewashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss
I know he's a Nigerian, that's why I was teice as dusappointed in him for how he played Odenigbo, he gace a better account of himself in that Malawian movie- The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind, than he did in his own country's story.
Re: Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation by 1Sharon(f): 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2021
ShawtCake:
Pls! Lupita cannot act Ifem! The picture of Ifemelu I have in my head is no where near her. She's a fantastic actor but, she can't be Ifem. Why not use a Nigerian actress. There are good ones. Is it because they are not "international" ?? Mmmmm It was just like half of a Yellow Sun. Using Thandie Newton as Olanna.. She acted it well but It lacked the Nigerian touch. I couldn't really connect with her and her twin Kainene.

I agree lol. Ifemelu was described as attractive, of which Lupita is not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bimbo Akintola Hired As Celebrity Election Observer (photo) / Maje Ayida Dating Yinka Mathews (Photos) / What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.