Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? (39523 Views)

What Was It Like Growing Up In The 80s And 90s In Lagos / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Funny Moment While Growing Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by eTECTIV: 4:33am On Sep 21, 2019
Each of those weapons had a catchment area... Brain resetter is for any and everywhere both indoors and outdoors

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Isoduwa(m): 4:38am On Sep 21, 2019
Some kids be like Buhari them Nor dey hear word at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by concacid: 4:45am On Sep 21, 2019
Most especially if your dad is a mechanic,
also spanners also will be used for default settings Lol.
Toks2008:
If they used this on you then you must be proper Devil's child...

Fan belt
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Orpe7(m): 4:53am On Sep 21, 2019
Broom on a child
Him prick go shrink na
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Burgerlomo: 5:04am On Sep 21, 2019
All of the above grin
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by sleit: 5:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:

Fan belt

Are you saying I'm not a Jesus baby?

But for real, the kind of red, bruised welts you get from this thing ehn....

And the annoying thing is that it is very durable, even after multiple usages it just keeps getting swifter. angry

Me and my bro don't even bother hiding it. We had a grinding machine growing up, and the belt was being changed every few months when slack. So there was an assortment of belts for my mum to pick from cry

I really love being an adult now grin

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by oloriLFC(f): 5:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Afritop:
What about koboko
and the stupid koboko does not wear out. One dose of it and you'll dance like a mad person for a while. Original brain re-setter grin It can beat one million children and still remain strong undecided

19 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by momodub: 5:06am On Sep 21, 2019
grin none of the above
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Naija4love(m): 5:08am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:

Fan belt
omo I shop this one no be small

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Babaken(m): 5:10am On Sep 21, 2019
goodmorning40:
Broom on a child?
Its an abomination
Is depends on your tradition.
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by nairalanduseles: 5:22am On Sep 21, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The only reason I turned out perfect in life is because my parents meted out all of the above on me.
They were even ingenious enough to use telephone wires as whip on my back any time I faltered when doing the Almighty pick-pin.

U are far from perfect
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 21, 2019
jospepper:
Some collected all plus extra yet they are still irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Vasgas: 5:28am On Sep 21, 2019
One of the causes of the moral decadence among the upcoming generation is because most parent have spare the rod and unknowingly spoiling the child.
Planting stage is a childhood stage where the parents are suppose to teach a child in the way of the Lord and not withhold correction from him.
The seed you plant during those times are what will later germinate(future) and the child will not depart from it.
The onus lies on the mother of the house because she spend most time's with the children than the dad.
I'm still grateful to my mum up-to-date cause she never fail to report to the General of the house when I misbehave.

"The fish is bend the way you want it to look like when it's fresh and not when it has become dry"
"A untrained child will later sell the house built by the parents" owe Yoruba.

You are born twice, first is by your biological parents and the second is by thyself

Finally, apart from disciplining a child please also pray for him to know the lord, if not that child is just like a time ticking bomb.

Parenthood is not easy. Salute to all the mother's and Dad's in this forum.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Vasgas: 5:30am On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=HsLBroker post=82422102][/quote]
Responsibility also lies on the individual. But it will time on records that the parents play there role.
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by ukaface(f): 5:35am On Sep 21, 2019
None of the above,i was a good kid grin grin grin

But I tasted the wrath of pman's belt twice or thrice....... angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by JaceBlaze: 5:41am On Sep 21, 2019
No.2 tho..dead@ "makes the message appear in 3D" grin .

To me it made at least three duplicates of the same message.Every time I got knocked felt like I was having a headrush.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:44am On Sep 21, 2019
All of the above was used on me, but that Allignment Tool enter me well-well the day mum nak me that tool for laps, chai, the pain entered my soul and nobody told me to use my tongue and count my teeth cry

God bless our mothers

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by tete7000(m): 5:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Who needed a mum beating when all she needed to do was take your case to dad? And dad didn't need any of these, a good straight can would do for him...
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Cane, belt and slipper

Saving niggas from a life of crime

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by thosedays: 5:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Add this grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by culidea: 6:05am On Sep 21, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Lew01(m): 6:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Cane
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Dareywest(m): 6:06am On Sep 21, 2019
My parent used anything available at the moment. thank God i survived.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Charly68: 6:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Because all these are no more in use,what we see now is yahoo yahoo boys and girls,kidnappers and the rest..no more brain resetting and the rest. Even at schools no more punishment for children stupidity in the name of human rights..the devil is having his way while the world is waxing worse .

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by QuickStandard: 6:08am On Sep 21, 2019
do you have used inverter batteries?
Used, scrapped, condemned or nonfunctional?
you can sell them for cool cash at quick standard today.

At QSS We buy any size/brand, and we can pick up from any region in Nigeria.
call or WhatsApp us today on

Check our Sig for contact details
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by midnighter(f): 6:17am On Sep 21, 2019
They just used their hands...using a broom or dirty slipper on a child is so uncalled for...

Discipline is effective in how it is used...not necessarily the beating but the shame and regret you felt from it

The nonsense politicians and serial killers gracing our streets, were even beaten the most...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by dayleke: 6:19am On Sep 21, 2019
Candycrushy:
Mine was just few of the above...i dont regret them nw...smiles

That is a "mysterious smile" you got there.....

Wanna share the "stories"?
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by starbright4real(m): 6:20am On Sep 21, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 21, 2019
peterd53:
Dz particular Nokia charger

Chaiiiiii!!!

INDOMIE GENERATION PIKIN SPOTTED! grin

WETIN YOU KNOW SAY WE DEY DISCUSS HERE?

INDO INDO, HOW ARE YOU?

SHAME!!! �grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Adjoyvi9: 6:21am On Sep 21, 2019
See this op sha, abara no dey? Your list never complete.
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by huptin(m): 6:26am On Sep 21, 2019
I chopped all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences / Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little / Dangote Truck Crushes A Man And 3 Students Dead In Ogun (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.