Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,919 members, 7,956,450 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? (39810 Views)

What Was It Like Growing Up In The 80s And 90s In Lagos / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Funny Moment While Growing Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by RexTramadol1: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:
If they used this on you then you must be proper Devil's child...

Fan belt

Dis one mad pass

But I thank God, not even a single cane Mark is on my body

Albeit, I was seldomly beaten..... na word I hear pass

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Curthejah(f): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2019
You so much got it right
Ilerioluwa02:
Belt, Radio Cable.. grin
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by erai30(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2019
This is how your face looks like after your brain has been restored to factory setting.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Boykevwe81(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The only reason I turned out perfect in life is because my parents meted out all of the above on me.
They were even ingenious enough to use telephone wires as whip on my back any time I faltered when doing the Almighty pick-pin.
Inside life
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by JJOF(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2019
But some of those punishment were too extreme abeg, ahn ahn.
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by midehi2(f): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

Dads and their daughters sha. They used to stylishly spoil the girls.

My sister enjoyed that privilege too. No one would dare touch her whenever my dad was around.

No matter how much she abused you, as soon as you got up to teach the brat a lesson, my dad would just jejely get up, walk past you and go outside. Then, you know he was going to the vegetation to pluck a cane.
Awww, so with me, he loves me so much that till now as an adult he still calls me "De-girl" grin anyway I gave him wealth luck when I was born, he was the first to teach me how to smoke shocked but now I don't oo, it's a past life grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by BluntBoy(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2019
midehi2:

Awww, so with me, he loves me so much that till now as an adult he still calls me "De-girl" grin anyway I gave him wealth luck when I was born, he was the first to teach me how to smoke shocked but now I don't oo, it's a past life grin grin

shocked

Thank God it is in the past now.

All the same, parents can be wonderful people. They are human beings, and so are not perfect, but they were and are great people. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by khome(f): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
RoyalBlu:
Broom On a child It's well o.

My parents didn't use any of these on us. We still turned out good.

But our knees hear am tho cheesy.

I now understand what my parents went through in trying to set us straight . Raising balanced children no be beans.

I swear, its not easy raising balanced kids

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Timoleon(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
Na my papa be the most ardent fan of fan belt. Maybe I be frustrating pikin dat year though.
Toks2008:

Fan belt

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
goodmorning40:
Broom on a child?
Its an abomination
... For this age, era and time. In our days, it was the fastest correcting tool. They knew how to use it without injuring the child.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
My old man did a stint in dodan barracks and came out with a firm belief in koboko.

Was a time when there were at least four in the house.

Believe it or not, my sister kept disappearing them. There I was thinking they were misplaced until she told me when we were older.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by cassyrooy(m): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:

Fan belt
Lord!

I remember the day I collected over 40 strokes because, I was jumping from seat to seat in class and was caught by our Intro Tech teacher.

Within 30mins, my seatmate stood up to answer a question and I set my pen for him to sit on it, he speedily rose and was shouting in pain.

This same woman was in class and added almost 30 more rounds to my body.

The truth of the matter was, the operating demon in me nullified the pain. I just saw traces of the belt but nothing was felt. Till this moment, I can't tell why.

And to the thread, I was a good boy but whenever I erred, everything listed and more were used to correct me.
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by aljpimp(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lols..

ajebuter:

Now, this is my generation..

Atori gigun generation..

It cost 5 kobo for my hood in ldunmota Lagos.. grin
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Candycrushy(f): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
dayleke:

That is a "mysterious smile" you got there.....
Wanna share the "stories"?
I would def share my wondrous story someday hopefully...
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
Adebowalay:
hmmmmm...obstinate..Wetin e mean? No insults pls

Sturbborn, heady...agidi

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
midnighter:

You are right but some of those people were actually beaten since corporal punishment was only outlawed in uk schools in the mid 80s

In those days even their police used to beat unruly teenagers...

That should serve your point better since Boris Johnson and Theresa May are some of the most heartless and crafty people in politics. As for trump, its only him who knows what his problem is....

I love your counter notion...nice one.
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by dayleke: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
Candycrushy:

I would def share my wondrous story someday hopefully...

That's cool....
But why don't I be the first to hear it from you?
From the source gangan over dinner n drinks. tongue grin
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Candycrushy(f): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
dayleke:

That's cool.... But why don't I be the first to hear it from you? From the source gangan over dinner n drinks. tongue grin
Thats lovely...eeerghmm we can talk abt it over d dm...
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by midnighter(f): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:

I love your counter notion...nice one.

lol thanks a lot smiley
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Chinonye02: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
goodmorning40:
Broom on a child?
Its an abomination

Abeg tell them ooooh

Anyways.....

Advertise with us today @

1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
khome:
I swear, its not easy raising balanced kids

Runaway wife
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by samwise180(m): 2:23am On Sep 22, 2019
I remember when my dad used wires used in transformers to reset my mendula oblangata when I was small, he was a no nonsense man

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by stormborn28(m): 2:48am On Sep 22, 2019
sleit:

Are you saying I'm not a Jesus baby?

But for real, the kind of red, bruised welts you get from this thing ehn....

And the annoying thing is that it is very durable, even after multiple usages it just keeps getting swifter. angry

Me and my bro don't even bother hiding it. We had a grinding machine growing up, and the belt was being changed every few months when slack. So there was an assortment of belts for my mum to pick from cry

I really love being an adult now grin

a lot to choose from grin grin
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by stormborn28(m): 3:09am On Sep 22, 2019
mamajaz:
Op don chop beating taya. Well, in those days I used to believe in all those gadgets, but these days, never again.

I looked at our leaders and the leaders of the oyibos that were not beaten like ours, there are vast differences between theirs and ours. So, if childhood beatings produced resultant leaders like Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Dino etc, I would rather leave my kids unbeaten and produce Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Scott Morrison, Theresa May. These guys countries are working, yet, dem no chop blala. *Ogunkorlaye*
the foreigners you mentioned were nurture during the time of corporal punishment in there various countries... Expect good behavior from them too
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by khome(f): 8:10am On Sep 22, 2019
askibee:

Runaway wife
Lol
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by sulakishop(m): 8:15am On Sep 22, 2019
I chop all, including igbati and abara
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by dayleke: 10:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Candycrushy:

Thats lovely...eeerghmm
we can talk abt it over d dm...

Sent you one already even b4 dat reply .
Did u get it?
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by OlawaleBammie: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2019
midehi2:

Wait, cant bliv dis, eye dey pepe me.

u mean dad tot u how to smoke?? dad tot a female child how to smoke??

I tink as a father one is supposed to desist from dos acts immediately after mariage so as to not afect the children na? momma am confused.
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Candycrushy(f): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2019
dayleke:

Sent you one already even b4 dat reply . Did u get it?
OK...I did, you will get a reply soon
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Adebowalay(m): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
Toks2008:

Sturbborn, heady...agidi
thanksfor this
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by tck2000(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
Lol
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Liposure: 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
Curthejah:
You so much got it right
hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Someone Posted Lady's Photo With 'RIP' Written On It. She Reacts / Would You Go To This Zoo? (pics) / 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.