Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? (39524 Views)

What Was It Like Growing Up In The 80s And 90s In Lagos / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Funny Moment While Growing Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Adebowalay(m): 6:26am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:

You must have been a very obstinate child even to date...lol!
hmmmmm...obstinate..Wetin e mean? No insults pls
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by magzey: 6:26am On Sep 21, 2019
I no see koboko, because when my father became irked even metal touch light he will trow on you. We were brought up very responsible. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by ofiko123(m): 6:26am On Sep 21, 2019
No 1 was the one that was mostly used on me..
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by mamajaz(f): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2019
Op don chop beating taya. Well, in those days I used to believe in all those gadgets, but these days, never again.

I looked at our leaders and the leaders of the oyibos that were not beaten like ours, there are vast differences between theirs and ours. So, if childhood beatings produced resultant leaders like Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Dino etc, I would rather leave my kids unbeaten and produce Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Scott Morrison, Theresa May. These guys countries are working, yet, dem no chop blala. *Ogunkorlaye*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by kaziblake(f): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2019
Mine was koboko Broom and wire.. Maybe I was too stubborn then

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by godisablack(m): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2019
1. BRAIN RESETTER AND
3. ALIGNMENT TOOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by nurex01(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2019
Mynd44:

It is an abomination for a reason.

Broomsticks tend to break and stay under the skin which causes infection and lead to serious medical issues. So yes, it is a bad tool for correction.

UP Didn't add the infamous pankere and koboko
mynd44! Actually, I detest using broomsticks but can you prove to me the Infections it causes?
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by EmekaBlue(m): 6:32am On Sep 21, 2019
abeg where is cane
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by chariisGRACE(m): 6:32am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:
If they used this on you then you must be proper Devil's child...

Fan belt

Anytime my Dad walks towards me with this, e be like say make I faint.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Bakrabas: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2019
Op you forgot to add the kitchen show. The awkward moment your mum tastes soup on fire while cooking and you request for yours, what follows is the hot spoon on your palm

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by midnighter(f): 6:34am On Sep 21, 2019
mamajaz:
Op don chop beating taya. Well, in those days I used to believe in all those gadgets, but these days, never again.

I looked at our leaders and the leaders of the oyibos that were not beaten like ours, there are vast differences between theirs and ours. So, if childhood beatings produced resultant leaders like Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Dino etc, I would rather leave my kids unbeaten and produce Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Scott Morrison, Theresa May. These guys countries are working, yet, dem no chop blala. *Ogunkorlaye*

You are right but some of those people were actually beaten since corporal punishment was only outlawed in uk schools in the mid 80s

In those days even their police used to beat unruly teenagers...

That should serve your point better since Boris Johnson and Theresa May are some of the most heartless and crafty people in politics. As for trump, its only him who knows what his problem is....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Lugianostar(m): 6:35am On Sep 21, 2019
Those days while growing up weren't funny at all

All available measures were completely exhausted to install sanity and uprightness on me. I wasn't pampered like some of my comtemporaries because my head was hotter than Timaya back then but thank God for the kind of wonderful parents i have.

Jesus Christ equally refine me and make me what i am today.

Glory to my lord and personal savior and to my lovely parents for not allowing me to my fate.

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by therajah: 6:40am On Sep 21, 2019
[img][/img]

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by naijaschoolguru(m): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2019
Adebowalay:
hmmmmm...obstinate..Wetin e mean? No insults pls
refusing to change your behavior or your ideas.
Difficult to deal with.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by dangoteinlaw: 6:41am On Sep 21, 2019
It depends on where my mom is at that point u bleeped up, if she was in the kitchen then it's allignment, in the parlour na whip but for bedroom na broom but the handle of the broom coz it's forbidden to use a broom on a child.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Paulo3ree(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:

Check the landing area..it is hitting or beating a child with the handle part that is an abomination in Yoruba land even when we are not really sure of the facts..
"Even when we are not really sure"

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by zubinike(m): 6:57am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:
In those days our parents especially our Mums did not spare just the rod but also everything at their disposal to instill discipline into our lives and that is why many people who can relate to these must-have grown up to be very responsible.

Here we go...

List incomplete.......where is the special hand of God? Unexpected back hand slap.....

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Osobi32(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2019
goodmorning40:
Broom on a child?
Its an abomination
what is this one saying pls? If not for this powerful tools a lot of people from the 70s and 80s will not useful to themselves today

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Mynd44: 7:08am On Sep 21, 2019
nurex01:
mynd44! Actually, I detest using broomsticks but can you prove to me the Infections it causes?
Brooms are used for sweeping. Toilets, floors, poop, pee, everything. It is conceivable that part of it will stick to the broomsticks.

Flogging with Brooks sometimes can have the extremities of the broom breaking and sticking into the skin of the victim and each dirt on the sticks get injected into the skin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Badonasty(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2019
Toks2008:
In those days our parents especially our Mums did not spare just the rod but also everything at their disposal to instill discipline into our lives and that is why many people who can relate to these must-have grown up to be very responsible.

Here we go...

my mumsy own special...radio wire
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Osobi32(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2019
I remember back then in Zaria when I was like 9, I went to school and over stayed after closing ours playing with friends then on realising my Bleep up I hurriedly picked up my bag and sandals.... On getting to the school gate look at my dad standing in his military uniform. This man use the 3line koboko flog me from school reach house. Fever catch me later that day grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Osobi32(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2019
zubinike:

List incomplete.......where is the special hand of God? Unexpected back hand slap.....
those sudden slap that will make someone see stars grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Osobi32(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Mynd44:

Brooms are used for sweeping. Toilets, floors, poop, pee, everything. It is conceivable that part of it will stick to the broomsticks.

Flogging with Brooks sometimes can have the extremities of the broom breaking and sticking into the skin of the victim and each dirt on the sticks get injected into the skin
all this wan wey u dey talk Na story oooo..... Parents of those day no send u ooo.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Goddyj(m): 7:19am On Sep 21, 2019
You forgot the ever effective 'slap' grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Mynd44: 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Osobi32:
all this wan wey u dey talk Na story oooo..... Parents of those day no send u ooo.

In some cultures, it is taboo to flag children with brooms

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Igetmyown247: 7:29am On Sep 21, 2019
Where is belt, koboko and cane ??
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by aljpimp(m): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2019
Long Atori...no matter how fast you run, Atori will still leave some marks on your neck
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Biingoo: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2019
thosedays:
Add this grin

This one na my mumsy favorite grin
Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by rabzy: 7:38am On Sep 21, 2019
mamajaz:

Better read up on what is happening with kids in primary school in the western world...those leaders are restrained by the system, trump and Boris will mess things up if the system was not there to curtail them.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by visiontech24: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2019
HUNGER as a punishement is also used.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by may320: 7:52am On Sep 21, 2019
Cane, 'abara' and brain straightener (slippers). grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences / Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little / Dangote Truck Crushes A Man And 3 Students Dead In Ogun (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.