Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa (6117 Views)

We Are Ashamed To Have A Chief Lawbreaker As Rivers Governor- Pro-Wike lawmakers / Maryam Shetty from Arewa House / Oshiomhole Asks IGP To Seal Bauchi House Of Assembly, Ashamed To Talk About Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2019
Nowenuse:

What is the meaning of Arewa? What is your ethnic group and what state are you from?

I am from Plateau state and I do not consider myself an Arewa person. That useless identity is meant for Hausa fulani and Kanuri people and not my people.

Bro, if you are from the North-central or you are from Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe south, Kaduna south or any other northern minorities area, you should promote and champion a middlebelt identity for your people cos this where the future lies.

If you are from the core-north, then goodluck with your Arewa struggle. Arewa will never change in this life, Hausa-fulanis will never progress as a people due to their retrogressive laws and cultures.

Sadly bro

One can't redesign the map

I am a northern person

A proud one as that

I live in the south right now, and i love it when they identify me as an aboki

I'm just tired of the way we r content with our backwardness

Jos or TAraba

Kano or Borno

North is ours
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2019
Nowenuse:

And what if he is? Is he really wrong? When you look at the northern region especially the core-north and see the perpetual backwardness and retrogression compared with the south, will you ever say there is anything to be proud of from such backward region?

If the OP is from Plateau or Southern Kaduna, then I would even be ashamed of him for identifying himself as an Arewa person.
I am from Plateau and God forbid for me as a Plateau youth to identify myself with that useless retrogressive Arewa identity. I am rather a middlebelter/central Nigerian.

nagode
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2019
Texman21:
lol dey don catch op almost three times

who catch me?
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2019
citizenY:
z

Please do not have any doubt. In every society, you have what we call " rago da wutsiyar kare"..... Lamb with a dog's tail.

The important thing is to understand them. In any case, he is not sufficiently exposed or competent to reach the conclusions he is making. As you can see, this may be the first time he is crossing River Niger and is not in a position to independently compare geographical zones by whatever indices. A serious and cerebral person will not bear this type of moniker.This also applies to many commentators I read on the forum.

kuist because i choose to say the truth... lol

niba rago bane

and my monicker has nothing to do with the state of being of the northerners

Go around town and see how we r comfortable begging

that's not the arewa i want
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 16, 2019
selemempe:
My opinion on the matter is that the core north would have been Nigeria's best asset (after oil) if not for their brand of islam.
They are very fearless and honest people. But they use their fearlessness in causing trouble in the name of islam
An educated northerner can compete anywhere...but how many want to trully compete and be liberated?

They are industrious like dangote and co but how many of them want to create wealth and make money when wealth is haram

They gv birth to children in numbers that are simply no longer reasonable in this age and use it to laugh at the south.

I say again if the north had the brand of islam that the west has, we would be miles ahead of where we are today because they are blessed with a lot to complement the south...unfortunately they are not currently complementing the south...they just feeding on the south

atrue that
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
They are even the people drawing us back. An average northern Christian takes burukutu from morning till evening. Kidnapping, rapping,women walking naked and killings all na for southern Kaduna you go find am

And an average northern muslim brings what to the table??

Apart from smoking from morning till night

getting high on gum,and latrine

begging on the street

being used as political and religious touts

giving birth to more children than they can feed

please, what does an average Northern Muslim bring to the table?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by fykes(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Stop deceiving yourself. Any northerner that can speak English fluently in the core North is a Northern Christians.

Their moslems are disgrace, only few of them are exempted.
My dear I have a Fulani friend. We did project management together in Switzerland. If u ever met Usman, you will marvel at his keen intellect. When u school abroad u will understand that there are two different Fulani
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2019
Arewa core north is a disgrace to this country. That's why the south south and south east wants to break free. It's a shame when 21st century humans claim to be compatriots with 17th century negroids.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by fk002: 10:03am On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

I'm sympathetic to the Biafra movement..

Not because I'm IBO or convinced by Kanu's propaganda.. But because I feel their pain
Other than the problem of marginalization, I sincere do know what it feels to be in the same country with Arewa..

Don't get me wrong

I'm Arewa
# BornAndRaised
And I'm tired AF

Tired of how ignorant and backward we are..
I sincerely wish I can get my country too.. Living in fear is worst than death
Welcome to Arewa

Where a full blown religious war will be orchestrated because a Christian killed a muslim's chicken in sabo
Welcome to arewa

Where alot of people are living below $1 per day yet we will kill if anyone criticizes the government

Welcome to Arewa
Where Religion is the word on the door but immorality and the likes is the order of the day

We can go on and mock the east for their fight for restructuring/secession but the truth is,after the struggle,we will still be left with our problems..

Go to school..No
learn a trade..No
We rather beg than work
The world is Moving..
All the other regions are improving..
Let's wise up or stay poor

STFU lazy ass youth did I just hear you say "learn trade No"?
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by fk002: 10:06am On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

i have nothing to proof to you

I'm a northerner

by birth

by Origin

I've spent my life in the north as well

just because I'm a Northerner don't mean I'm a zombie

Which state are from

Which tribe

Can you speak Hausa fluently? If yes can you give us a demo?
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by fk002: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

bai kamata in bata Lokocina ba dai kai

The bolded burst your bubble.

Obviously you are Igbo that was born and brought up the north.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by fk002: 10:11am On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

inda kai dan arewa neh,za ka san muna neman taimako

inda ba shaye shaye da fada ba... mai mun iya?

Another one...

You should go and learn Hausa first before you impersonate

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2019
fk002:

Another one...

You should go and learn Hausa first before you impersonate
okay Bayajida

After all the busting.. Are you proud of the region

The problems still remain
I don't have to prove nothing to you
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2019
fk002:

Which state are from
Which tribe
Can you speak Hausa fluently? If yes can you give us a demo?
obviously my hausa is not strong
but yeah I'm a northerner
mind you,i never said I'm Hausa/Fulani
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by olisaEze(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2019
And while they’re trying so hard to bury d Op under a hail of stones, his message still will not die out! Whether he is from d north as claimed should not be an issue if u think of urself first as a Nigerian. With all the supposed constitutional advantages that come with being a northerner, why is that region still educationally backward? Why is it so easy to recruit child soldiers/terrorists (male & females) from that side of the country?

U can defend ur region and leaders all u want, but they don’t love or care about u. And that’s the bitter truth that u can’t swallow! keep deceiving urselves while the world moves on! grin

4 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by fk002: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

obviously my hausa is not strong

but yeah I'm a northerner

mind you,i never said I'm Hausa/Fulani

Lets assume you are from north, i can bet with my life You are either from plateau or southern kaduna if so then don't say you are from Arewa, say you are from middle belt and your opinion is irrelevant in the north.

Since from the inception we have never voted in thesame pattern

Your lifestyle is different from ours.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by fk002: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

Sadly bro

One can't redesign the map

I am a northern person

A proud one as that

I live in the south right now, and i love it when they identify me as an aboki

I'm just tired of the way we r content with our backwardness

Jos or TAraba

Kano or Borno

North is ours

Maybe i am wrong about you but change begins with you and I, what have you done to change and create awareness in your immediate environment?

Sorry if my above posts are harsh.
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:07am On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

And an average northern muslim brings what to the table??

Apart from smoking from morning till night

getting high on gum,and latrine

begging on the street

being used as political and religious touts

giving birth to more children than they can feed

please, what does an average Northern Muslim bring to the table?
All the universities in the North were brought by northern Muslims e.gABU,BUK,Dan follow etc . Tell me one thing that a northern Christian contributed to the North if not Buruku.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Cooltm77(m): 11:16am On Sep 16, 2019
Please help a Nairalander
Wow*Finally it out. Feel the vibe from the Coca cola trending Artist* Download here�

https://www.royalng.com/download-mp3-sabi-me-sunny-g/

vote this Coca-Cola VIBE (sunnyG Sabi-me) let win together �

https://www.royalng.com/vote-here/
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by ChristianNorth: 11:34am On Sep 16, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
They are even the people drawing us back. An average northern Christian takes burukutu from morning till evening. Kidnapping, rapping,women walking naked and killings all na for southern Kaduna you go find am
90% of all crimes committed in arewa were perpetrated by northern moslems.

Boko haram, bandits, kidnappers, almajiris are all moslems.

You guys are drawing them backwards.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by abdulazeez1002(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChristianNorth:

90% of all crimes committed in arewa were perpetrated by northern moslems.

Boko haram, bandits, kidnappers, almajiris are all moslems.

You guys are drawing them backwards.
You haven't answered my question cheesy

What have the northern Christians contributed to the North? Name only one
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
These almajiris on nairaland are ashamed of themselves. Just see the way they're attacking this truthful poster for exposing their terror and horror ridden, filthy, poverty and diseased, desert encroached, domain to the world. They know it's true that arewanistan is worse than Afghanistan yet they hate the truth, they'll probably kill the poster if they could lay hands on him for revealing this humiliating truth. Bunch of savages.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by YourArewaSister: 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
Well, I don't think we are content with our situation. We are rather overwhelmed with the situation and haven't got any leader with a clear vision to motivate us to get better.

We are not patriotic enough to take the bull by the horns and fight for the right reasons. Imagine being our very own Martin Luther king!!! With all the attendant risks!!! Will you do it Million Dollar questiio, right?lol

We have major issues in Arewa. But as long as the educated ones fold their hands and do nothing to change the narrative, the uneducated ones won't move a finger towards the betterment of Arewa since they do not know any better.

ILLICITblood:

I understand your point of view

my problem is y we seem to b okay with our region despite the fact that we r the least developed region

And about The question.. How can i change the narrative when we don't accept that we need change

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by YourArewaSister: 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
Trust me, I am not ashamed of myself as an Arewa person. As I earlier said, each region of this country has its fair share of the good, the bad and the ugly and is contributing to whatever Nigeria is known for in this world.....

Please be careful with your words... Because they are just like Karma.... they may come back hunting you sooner than you may think.

quote author=FreddyKruger post=82282497]These almajiris on nairaland are ashamed of themselves. Just see the way they're attacking this truthful poster for exposing their terror and horror ridden, filthy, poverty and diseased, desert encroached, domain to the world. They know it's true that arewanistan is worse than Afghanistan yet they hate the truth, they'll probably kill the poster if they could lay hands on him for revealing this humiliating truth. Bunch of savages.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
[s]
YourArewaSister:
Trust me, I am not ashamed of myself as an Arewa person. As I earlier said, each region of this country has its fair share of the good, the bad and the ugly and is contributing to whatever Nigeria is known for in this world.....

Please be careful with your words... Because they are just like Karma.... they may come back hunting you sooner than you may think.
[/s]
Careful about my words? what is it about my words that isn't true? bokoharam? fulani herdsmen? bandits? almajiris? religious intolerance? desertification? which of these is not part of arewanistan? please educate me.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by EkunKekere: 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
Kindly educate us on the strengths of the north. I wasn't even aware such a thing exists in such a backward, illiterate, poverty stricken region.

gwarotango:
Oga speak for yourself. I am proudly Arewa and even if presented with an opportunity in the next life, I'll still come back as a proud Arewa man. Yes you've raised some salient points about some of our weaknesses, but it it doesn't detract from the fact that we have our strengths.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
fk002:

Maybe i am wrong about you but change begins with you and I, what have you done to change and create awareness in your immediate environment?

Sorry if my above posts are harsh.

no qualms

Well don't have to shout and brag to i organize youth talks in my community

run a WhatsApp group for youths whereby we deliberate on local politics

it might not b enough but it's something
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by gwarotango: 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
EkunKekere:
Kindly educate us on the strengths of the north. I wasn't even aware such a thing exists in such a backward, illiterate, poverty stricken region.

I wont expect anything less from someone coming from a region full of criminals bent on soiling our image globally by their insatiable greed and affinity for crime. A region so desolate that that millions of them have made the so called 'backward' north a refugee camp of sorts.
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by EkunKekere: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
Sigh. If my name isn't enough evidence, I'll say it plainly: I am not an Igbo man.
And my question is a valid one. Why is northern Nigeria such a bastion of poverty, inequality, backwardness and ignorance?

[img]https://images./1CagrOmVQFHD75c0z7wUzM.jpg[/img]

gwarotango:
I wont expect anything less from someone coming from a region full of criminals bent on soiling our image globally by their insatiable greed and affinity for crime. A region so desolate that that millions of them have made the so called 'backward' north a refugee camp of sorts.

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by cronsberg: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
ILLICITblood:

I understand your point of view
my problem is y we seem to b okay with our region despite the fact that we r the least developed region
So u believe that the north is the least developed region? other than lagos, which state in the whole south is more developed than kano,kaduna,gombe etc? the north has the best roads,best pipeborne water system,best designed cities in this country.what then can the south show d north? stop decieving yourself that u are more developed than anybody or is it your jampacked and poorly built towns that you think as developed? travel the north

1 Like

Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
cronsberg:
So u believe that the north is the least developed region? other than lagos, which state in the whole south is more developed than kano,kaduna,gombe etc? the north has the best roads,best pipeborne water system,best designed cities in this country.what then can the south show d north? stop decieving yourself that u are more developed than anybody or is it your jampacked and poorly built towns that you think as developed? travel the north
i don't have to travel the North

i was born and raised in the North

next please
Re: I'm Ashamed To B From Arewa by gwarotango: 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
EkunKekere:

Sigh. If my name isn't enough evidence, I'll say it plainly: I am not an Igbo man.
And my question is a valid one. Why is northern Nigeria such a bastion of poverty, inequality, backwardness and ignorance?

[img]https://images./1CagrOmVQFHD75c0z7wUzM.jpg[/img]

Tell us your tribe and let's see if youre any better than the north you despise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corona Virus Patient Last Breadth Before Death VIDEO / Terrorists Kill 1,545 In Kaduna, Zamfara, Others In 90 Days / 15 Pro-jang Govs Open New NGF Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.