Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) (39782 Views)

Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos) / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) / Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
emkz:
The Ooni seems charismatic, humble and somewhat likeable. It is admirable how much efforts he puts into spreading the gospel of peace and building bridges nationwide. We need more like him, Allen Onyeama and all those working fervently for the success of our nation. May Nigeria know peace so that we all can unite for a better nation for all, amen.

This Ooni is humble to a fault.

The man has all the trappings of greatness built into his personality.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
mercyvivv:
I love this Ooni, but what I don't like is his official car. He should be riding a Benz S Class (222), thats what suits people like him.

Yeah Onirisa have Benz S Class w222 latest model. I have seen him driving it to an occasion

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

This Ooni is humble to a fault.

The man has all the trappings of greatness built into his personality.

Gbam true talk

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

I think the car pictured is a Genesis G90. Korean equivalent of S Class

It is BMW Series 8 latest model

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
martineverest:
oba of Benin can't stoop low to visit obaseki,the reverse is usually the case

Yet your Oba of Benin "stooped high" to visit the then governor of Osun state, Ogbeni Raufu Aregbeshola? grin

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
lloyds:
Hardly will you see any one visiting this oni, but you see him visiting every dignitary.

Political Oni.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXvXupQwaz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-27Apuz5Ww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4Vfkr6IEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwvrdqUMTU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_73i6D23Y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pql7CSE2OM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXkSEThXXiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2z7pDmJENs

And the list goes on almost ad-infinitum. Lol.

So, drink some water and start considering booking your own visit too.

You may be lucky, who knows?

Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Clean2016: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
Hedonisco:
At least this is more dignifying than the humiliating treatment meted out to Oluwo of Iwo Kingdom by the billionaire businessman, Olu Okeowo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5URgLFqd-cI

Proper disgrace
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Mykelhendriz: 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
Dareal90s:
Because he is God abi? That Oba that isn't social one bit, he is a statue, a wooden statue. Even Queen do pay visit to ppl, who d hell is Oba of Benin?
Oba of Benin is more matured.. And also highly rated more than the ooni of Ife.. The Benin kingdom is most powerful and oldest kingdom in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
Mykelhendriz:

Oba of Benin is more matured.. And also highly rated more than the ooni of Ife.. The Benin kingdom is most powerful and oldest kingdom in Nigeria

Firstly, your Oba of Benin visited the Ooni of Ife; he also visited the past governor of the state of Osun, Ogbeni Raufu Aregbeshola; among other Nigerians he has visited.

Refer to the first video in my foregoing comment

May be he stooped low (or high), lol. Did he?

Secondly, Benin kingdom is not the oldest or most powerful kingdom even in SOUTHERN Nigeria.

Refer to time-stamp 47:16 to 49:00 of the British Museum historical documentary below.

You will find that the experts of Benin history (who are not Yorubas, lol) confirm unequivocally:

"... the SACRED CITY of IFE to which the KINGS of BENIN PAID HOMAGE ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQY_Jd--pwI&t=2070s

Beware, lies are not welcome here. grin

Thanks and Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by martineverest(m): 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
TAO11:

Yet your Oba of Benin "stooped high" to visit the then governor of Osun state, Ogbeni Raufu Aregbeshola? grin
that's because aregbe isn't an Edo man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 12:02am On Sep 16, 2019
martineverest:
that's because aregbe isn't an Edo man

Exactly my point.

Oba of Benin only "stoops high" to visit people who are superior to the Edos/Binis, such as the Yorubas?

If so, then I agree with you. We seem now to be on the same page.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Spatta: 12:19am On Sep 16, 2019
Beggar. that is how they have been running Nigeria by compromise, collecting government money and kickbacks. what is Ooni doing in Edo state? The governor should visit him.
But because of their greed, they seek connection for something
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:49am On Sep 16, 2019
Sewgon79:

It is BMW Series 8 latest model

True
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 12:52am On Sep 16, 2019
mercyvivv:
I love this Ooni, but what I don't like is his official car. He should be riding a Benz S Class (222), thats what suits people like him. grin

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.
you mean the BMW he is using is lower to Benz? If so then you're daydreaming
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 12:53am On Sep 16, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

I think the car pictured is a Genesis G90. Korean equivalent of S Class
BMW
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by sanusi44z(m): 1:15am On Sep 16, 2019
mercyvivv:
I love this Ooni, but what I don't like is his official car. He should be riding a Benz S Class (222), thats what suits people like him. grin

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.
He has a Rolls Royce
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Okeatu(m): 3:26am On Sep 16, 2019
Guy man king.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by mamajj17(f): 4:38am On Sep 16, 2019
Akanoaaa:
Imagine after having sex
Someone behind the window shouted :
I swear this video go reach Facebook
What will you do??

Pass through the Window and run after him or her grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 16, 2019
Mtchew someone should tell this ooni to stay in Yoruba land and stop interfering in Edo matters, he is not important here
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 16, 2019
Dareal90s:
Because he is God abi? That Oba that isn't social one bit, he is a statue, a wooden statue. Even Queen do pay visit to ppl, who d hell is Oba of Benin?
yes he's more than a God. Who cares about queen of England? How many times have you seen queen of England visiting people birthdays and endorsing governors and senators? That isn't the role of a monarchy.

Tissue paper is more important than the ooni of ife in Edo matters so his endorsement means shit. Tell your tinubu houseboy called ooni to put his nyash in one place

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by omeddy: 5:17am On Sep 16, 2019
All these razzmatazz is unnecessary.. Monarch can visit places quietly without these large entourage drumming and shouting...
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Astark: 5:23am On Sep 16, 2019
TAO11:

you think oba of Benin is like Yoruba kings that have no values? The only reason he visited is a thank you visit which is compulsory. He did not only visit aregbesola but also the ooni you are trying to twist the truth.

. The Oba of Benin Oba Ewuare II on Saturday visited the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II in Ile-Ife, Osun State.

The Ooni received the revered monarch at his Enuwa Palace in Ile-Ife. Both traditional rulers also paid a courtesy visit to Governor Rauf Aregbesola.

Oba Ewuare II’s visit marks the first time in 37 years that an Oba of Benin is visiting Ile-Ife.

Prior to Saturday’s visit, Oba Ereduiwa’s visit in 1981 was the last visit by an Oba of Benin to Ile-Ife.

Oba Ewuare II is expected to visit some significant places including the Oranmiyan groove.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.channelstv.com/2018/04/28/oba-of-benin-visits-ooni-of-ife-aregbesola/&ved=2ahUKEwj4rcrzvtTkAhVSa8AKHSn2BBIQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw065kjB6PzH8pk9dXXA6deX

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 5:46am On Sep 16, 2019
Astark:
you think oba of Benin is like Yoruba kings that have no values? The only reason he visited is a thank you visit which is compulsory. He did not only visit aregbesola but also the ooni you are trying to twist the truth.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.channelstv.com/2018/04/28/oba-of-benin-visits-ooni-of-ife-aregbesola/&ved=2ahUKEwj4rcrzvtTkAhVSa8AKHSn2BBIQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw065kjB6PzH8pk9dXXA6deX

Thank you very much for helping to further enforce my point to that young man by adding Oba Adeyeye to the list of his visits.

Clearly, the Oba of Benin also pays visits, even when nobody will flog him for not visiting.

Thank you once again for making my point.

Cheers!

PS: You forgot to copy and paste the part which shows that the Oba of Benin actually visits not only the living, but also dead bodies.

For example, his visit to the Orun Oba Ado site before proceeding to the Governor's Office in Osogbo. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by safetyInspector(m): 5:56am On Sep 16, 2019
Did anybody questioned you on where you are from or you just have to add that clause before your comment because of cheap Nairaland 'likes' grin grin
EdwardRandy:
I'm igbo but this is one King I admire his charisma in this country.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Astark: 6:03am On Sep 16, 2019
TAO11:

Thank you very much for helping to further enforce my point to that young man by adding Oba Adeyeye to the list of his visits.

Clearly, the Oba of Benin also pays visits, even when nobody will flog him for not visiting.

Thank you once again for making my point.

Cheers!

PS: You forgot to copy and paste the part which shows that the Oba of Benin actually visits not only the living, but also dead bodies.

For example, his visit to the Orun Oba Ado site before proceeding to the Governor's Office in Osogbo. grin
you are always saying nonsense and I think you actually believes your nonsense. The oba of Benin also visited the sultan and many others.

He didn't visit because of endorsement or any political thing but as a thank you national visits

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 6:12am On Sep 16, 2019
Dareal90s:
Queen? Oba of Benin is greater than the queen.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 6:16am On Sep 16, 2019
Astark:
you are always saying nonsense and I think you actually believes your nonsense. The oba of Benin also visited the sultan and many others.

He didn't visit because of endorsement or any political thing but as a thank you national visits

Thank you for further making my point by adding Sultan to the list of his many visits.

More?

And I like the fact that different people pay visits for different reasons.

Some just as a one-off "thank you" visit (supposedly); while others for building bridges of peace, harmony, tolerance, friendship, and understanding, among diverse reasons.

Others may choose to live in the past, become irrelevant in modern times, and rot in their enclave. grin

Their choice. grin

And mind you, he wasnt there to get endorsed by Obaseki; rather he was there to endorse Obaseki.

Big difference!

You and Oba of Benin are not big enough to have the guts to endorse anyone.

Keep living in the past. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Astark: 6:21am On Sep 16, 2019
TAO11:

Thank you for further making my point by adding Sultan to the list of his many visits.

More?

Some just as a one-off "thank you" visit (supposedly); while other for building bridges of peace, harmony, tolerance, friendship, and understanding, among diverse reasons.

Others may choose to live in the past, become irrelevant in modern times, and rot in their enclave. grin

Their choice. grin
you are just yabbing nonsense. His visit means nothing,he is just a political king looking for peanuts
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by Astark: 6:23am On Sep 16, 2019
TAO11:

More?

Some just as a one-off "thank you" visit (supposedly); while other for building bridges of peace, harmony, tolerance, friendship, and understanding, among diverse reasons.

Their choice. grin

And mind you, he wasnt there to get endorsed by Obaseki; rather he was there to endorse Obaseki.

Big difference!

You and Oba of Benin are not big enough to have the guts to endorse anyone.

.You and Oba of Benin are not big enough to have the guts to endorse anyone.

delusions. Less than 10 percent of Edo person or south south people knows who ooni is and even lesser gives a Bleep about him.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 6:29am On Sep 16, 2019
Astark:
you are just yabbing nonsense. His visit means nothing,he is just a political king looking for peanuts

No, he gave to Obaseki rather than receive from him. He gave him endorsement.

Read the post again to see it, but this time around with your mind intact. grin

The Ooni's endorsement is worth more than Obaseki's political career.

If you doubt me, ask Buhari, Atiku, et al.

Only the high and mighty like Oba Adeyeye can give.

The Oba of Benin obviously can't give what he doesn't have.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by orisa37: 6:29am On Sep 16, 2019
The Ooni of Ife, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye, The Incarnate of Oduduwa, May your Reigns be fully blessed with Righteousness and Sovereignty forever. AMEN..

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) by TAO11(f): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2019
Astark:
delusions. Less than 10 percent of Edo person or south south people knows who ooni is and even lesser gives a Bleep about him.

I doubt if your governor Obaseki would agree with you. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Meets Ambode After The Rescue Of Kidnapped Lagos Schoolgirls / Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund / President Buhari With Dangote In Washington As He Prepares To Meet Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.