Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. (37013 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React / Seun Onigbinde: I Didn't Delete My Twitter Account, I Ran Out Of Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by naptu2: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
The founder of BudgItNG and a known critic of the Muhammadu Buhari administration, Seun Onigbinde, was recently appointed as the technical adviser of thr minister of state for budget and national planning.

Some supporters of the administration believed that he should not have been appointed to the position because they believed that he went from criticising the administration to insulting President Muhammadu Buhari and supporters of the administration just before the 2019 election. See previous thread here https://www.nairaland.com/5415423/political-appointment-saga-seun-onigbinde#82200405

Mr Onigbinde has now resigned his appointment.

Oluseun Onigbinde

Sep 16 · 2 min read

AN UPDATE ON MY RECENT APPOINTMENT

Friends,

Kindly recall that I sent out a note recently on my interest to seek new experiences and that I would be working as a Technical Adviser to the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning for a short period.

It is clear that recent media reports about my appointment have created a complex narrative, which I believe would engender an atmosphere of mistrust, as I planned to proceed.

Upon further reflections on the furore that has been generated by my new role as the Technical Adviser to the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, I humbly resign the appointment.

I am very grateful to the Honourable Minister, Prince Clem Ikanade Agba, for believing in my expertise and I also thank everyone who sent his or her congratulations to me in the short period. I have also been humbled by the faith and belief that numerous persons have expressed in me.

My sincere interest is to see a Nigeria that grows and optimises resources for the benefits of all Nigerians.

My loyalty to the good cause of our nation, Nigeria compelled me to accept the call to provide technical skills and this experience has more than strengthened it.

I also want to wish the Nigerian Government, led by President Muhammadu Buhari, well. I will always be of help to the federal government in my capacity as the Director of BudgIT, a critical fiscal transparency group, as I have been to several agencies. I would also work to ensure that BudgIT continues to build civic awareness on the right of every Nigerian to know how public resources are managed.

Thank you all.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

https://medium.com/@seunonigbinde/an-update-on-my-recent-appointment-bcd9095d96e9

https://mobile.twitter.com/seunonigbinde/status/1173573436523913222

8 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by naptu2: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
These are some of the tweets that angered his opponents.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by izzou(m): 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
grin

Whatever rocks your boat, sire

You accept oh..... People go talk
You no accept oh.... People go still talk

I pray you grow more balls as you prosper in life..

grin

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by globemoney: 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
lol...
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Bethel4Life(f): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hhmm
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Bethel4Life(f): 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
izzou:
grin
Whatever rocks your boat, sire
You accept oh..... People go talk You no accept oh.... People go still talk
I pray you grow more balls as you prosper in life..
grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by suprememoney(m): 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
So he resigned just to please some people?

If only he knows how fast the living forget the dead, he will not live his life to please others.

Because i know that most of the greatest critics of Buhari administration will not hesitate to change their perspective if given the chance to serve in the same administration.

I don't support evil, but he should have use his new office to pass a message or make a change.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by festacman(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by aolawale025: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
Better he left. Nigeria don't recognise talents

6 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Realdeals(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
Is Seun sure that his input in the ministry will be considered? This government is not ready for the kind of revolutionary reforms someone like him is clamouring. He should have engage his followers about the offer before proceeding to accept it.

9 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Onlinealaba(m): 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
Lol.. las last every man is fighting for his pocket, how he initially grabbed the appointment without thinking twice goes to show the real person he his.. well he resigned to save the already bruised face he should av just continue knowing fully well in some months time everybody go forget the matter

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by jagabanlewis(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Na cus everything go for u na
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Richdad50(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
shocked

He has my respect. I have repeatedly said that working for Buhari's govt is not equivalent to serving your fatherland. Most technocrats have deserted this regime because they know it is a pothole and a trap waiting to tarnish all their good works.

True honour is derived from following and staying true to your calling, purpose, and the fundamentals of one's convictions. Not every chance is an opportunity and not all opportunities open the door to great success. Some doors only lead to a balcony where a fall is likely.

Richad

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by millionboi2: 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Man of d year

3 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by mynaijadj(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nigerians: Yas!!!! (Singing fireboy DML) We are getting Jealous........dont wanna see you with any Buhari

This is simply the thing a man of integrity should do. Infact your mistake was taking the appointment in the first place but we forgive you. Go and sin no more.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by lyriclekidd(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Chai social media tho

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by careytommy37(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Omo see broda....
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Chaiiii

Una done force this man, do wetin him no want do.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Tobinrobin(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Criticized them, got an appointment with them now resigned because of criticism? A weak man or a strong man? Short of words

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
When you are unprincipled, you will be disgraced.

Serves the opportunistic id..t right.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by wwwihy: 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
All these political jobbers parading themselves as activists... Shame on you

7 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by bestman09(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
grin
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by makewetalk2: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
my left buttcheek does not give one smelling fvck about this man. what do i need this man for?
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by martineverest(m): 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
one of the few Nigerians with integrity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Lexusgs430: 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
Too late.......
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by Latidoh1: 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
Realdeals:
Is Seun sure that his input in the ministry will be considered? This government is not ready for the kind of revolutionary reforms someone like him is clamouring. He should have engage his followers about the offer before proceeding to accept it.
He can't know the real terms in the offer without working.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. by salbis(m): 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
Who knows, may be it was a booby trap. Black people hardly resign sha. BTW you do people go talk, you no do people go still talk!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Ahmed Nasreddin: NASCO Group Reply Terror Sponsor Allegation Against Late Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.