Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion (26762 Views)

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. / Seun Onigbinde: I Didn't Delete My Twitter Account, I Ran Out Of Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2022
BudgIT CEO Seun Onigbinde has launched a campaign to crowdfund N10 billion for Peter Obi’s presidential ambition.

In a tweet, the tech guru noted that a GoFundMe account would serve the purpose of funding the presidential hopeful, whom many Nigerian youths deem competent to lead the nation out of its current economic woes.

This came a day after London-based publication Financial Times pegged the cost of electing a president in Nigeria at $2 billion, about N1 trillion.

Mr Onigbinde explained that the crowdfunding would level the financial playing ground for Mr Obi, who is likely to contend with moneybags such as Bola Tinubu and Orji Uzor Kalu.

“A N10bn GoFundMe for Peter Obi will be great starter for those who want crowdsource Nigeria’s next leader. This will change the dynamics with the space hijacked by moneybags,” tweeted the BudgIT boss.

Mr Onigbinde’s tweet had gained over a thousand retweets as many youths threw their weight behind Mr Obi.

While some users have already begun to suggest how the presidential hopeful can reach the grassroots for his campaign, others are interested in knowing his plan to tackle rising inflation and the nation’s economic slump.

At the time of filing this report, Mr Onigbinde had yet to respond to Peoples Gazette’s inquiry to know if donations for the cause have started pouring in.

Meanwhile, Mr Obi on Tuesday expressed his readiness to contest the 2023 presidential election on the condition that PDP zones its ticket to the South.

“Yes, I will step into the field to contest the opportunity to serve this great country as president if my party, the @OfficialPDPNig, zones the ticket to the South. But if it is thrown open, Nigerians will also hear from me. -PO,” he tweeted.

Mr Obi was a vice-presidential candidate to Atiku Abubakar in 2019.   

https://gazettengr.com/seun-onigbinde-leads-campaign-to-crowdfund-n10-billion-for-peter-obis-presidential-ambition/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by KingOfTheDamned: 9:30am On Feb 02, 2022
I think OBi is a much better choice the Southeast can produce that the rest of us will support their ambitions.

Much better than Ayim at least. I feel though it's the rightful turn of the Southeast but they should show us seriousness by presenting a credible candidate like Obi then other regions will get behind them.

So in my opinion this is a good move

325 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by PrinceOfLagos: 9:30am On Feb 02, 2022
Nice one

Matters arising

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by PrinceOfLagos: 9:31am On Feb 02, 2022
Nigerians must get it right this time

APC has destroyed Nigeria economy.. atleast they admitted it yesterday

207 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by PrinceOfLagos: 9:32am On Feb 02, 2022
I wish peter Obi well

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Sergio104(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2022
cry......may the tide favour you Peter.

We are with you

166 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by slivertongue: 9:35am On Feb 02, 2022
Go Peter, go Peter, go Peter, go go go go

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2022
Honestly.. I never would have believed a day might come one would even think to donate to a Nigerian politicians cause.. but the past few years has thought me so much that no matter your struggle, grace and strength, a wrong leader can ruin it all.

232 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Waakanda: 9:39am On Feb 02, 2022
cool
Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by otipoju(m): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2022
Peter Obi and Buba Marwa are the only two politicians I can go out to vote for. Both have two things in common. First, the welfare of the people they govern and secondly they are very capable administrators.

I can never vote for Tinubu. Grand thief and leader of Agberos who oppress the poor market women, bus drivers and okada riders one one hand then also collects tax from all corporate workers through Alpha-Beta on the other.

Therefore, all Lagosians remit a portion of their daily sweat to Tinubu the self acclaimed Godfather.

Now imagine this Tinubu's extortion on a Federal scale...with the power of the military and police at his control- una own don finish pata pata.

234 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by PrinceOfLagos: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2022
Like the comrade above rightly said

Peter Obi and Buba Marwa will be a good choice

Chei

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Invictuse: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2022
I no fit laugh another cash out fraud for the N250 million naira cash n $500 million in daughter's Pandora account bastard.

When you are not cursed a criminal that is severally exposed like this na him person go put money down for. How many philanthropic work the bastard that was caught sharing N30 N30 de do to warrant anyone contributing to his campaign.

I ain't stopping no one if your conviction believe a man with such antecedent needs your money to run a charade by all what you believe in empty your bank account to him.

287 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Jostoman: 10:36am On Feb 02, 2022
Very good

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Bounceboune7: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2022
No b person wey dem give ticket go need money?
Where Peter obi wan see ticket where emperor wike dey?

249 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by gwafaeziokwu: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2022
Peter Obi, the man Nigeria sorely need at the moment. The hyenas will do all in their favour to stop him. But it's all in the hand of ordinary Nigerians to throw their weight behind the man who has the capacity to put all political lunatics delaying the destiny of Nigerians in the Asylum where they belong.

A man that brought real democracy and development in a very stubborn state like Anambra, can turn the fortunes of Nigeria.

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Philipponzaghi: 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
Lol.

Pandora save all his money in offshore account, knowing well he can’t win the PDP ticket not to talk of presidential election, he is feigning poverty.

He did not build leaders that can come to his aid, he has no structure, and now he is begging ordinary Nigerians to fund his campaign. Pandora scammer.

Jonathan has no shoes, Buhari has no car, Peter Obi has no wristwatch.

262 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by tutudesz: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2022
Funding a politican campaign grin To steal your money grin

278 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by tutudesz: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
gwafaeziokwu:
Peter Obi, the man Nigeria sorely need at the moment. The hyenas will do all in their favour to stop him. But it's all in the hand of ordinary Nigerians to throw their weight behind the man who has the capacity to put all political lunatics delaying the destiny of Nigerians in the Asylum where they belong.

A man that brought real democracy and development in a very stubborn state like Anambra, can turn the fortunes of Nigeria.
Line up for your share Mr Man

264 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Billingslord: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
some yoruba are just stupid wasting your money on people who hate your people with passion.
only a fool who believe ibo don't want tinubu because he is old or allegedly corrupt, it is because he is yoruba nothing more.

I will rather vote turgi bello than any ibo man

261 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Truthisunique3: 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2022
Billingslord:
some yoruba are just stupid wasting your money on people who hate your people with passion.
only a fool who believe ibo don't want tinubu because he is old or allegedly corrupt, it is because he is yoruba nothing more.

I will rather vote turgi bello than any ibo man
but same people have no issue with osinbajo na

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by kanupapilo: 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
Peter Obi that stashed money in tax havens in the Carribean and built the biggest mall in Abuja and Port-Harcourt after becoming governor. Only clowns will contribute their hard earned money.

261 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Praktikals(m): 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
Awon oni yeye
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin

238 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by socialmediaman: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Crowdfunding is a good idea but someone like Okonjo Iweala would’ve been a better candidate for crowdfunding!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by tunjijones(m): 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
BudgIT CEO Seun Onigbinde has launched a campaign to crowdfund N10 billion for Peter Obi’s presidential ambition.
Obituary on the March again.........

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Foreigna2: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Very good
At least, we can now see that all the 419 activism by that Onigbinde of a fool is politically motivated.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion by Neddstark: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Foolish attention seeker. Obi has the money to fund his presidential ambition and he will still be a billionaire.

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu: You Are In Panic Because You Are Guilty - Imo Govt Replies Okorocha / Aggrieved Northern APC Christians Endorse Peter Obi, Give Reasons / Get Ready For 3-Week & 4-Week Sit-At-Home, If Kanu Is Not Released - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.