Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? (2015 Views)

When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu / Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living / How Can One Make It Abroad And What Is The Probability That You Would Make If Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by atampakoeg(f): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2010
Diasporians speak so passionately against Nigeria and against coming back to Nigeria, no problem, we understand. Afterall, you left Nigeria for better life for rural men and women when you left.

But, something always bugs me, is it right, moral, or even legal in the sight of God, and our parent who sent us to university, to leave our graduate jobs in Nigeria, and go abroad and even stay there doing such jobs that you will not even allow your far junior relative to do in Nigeria?

Look, this is not about anyone forcing you to come back home, no, we dont care if you do. But, me i can not understand why a graduate Nigerian, maybe even with a second degree, will go to London or there about and start cleaning the streets, or the railway lines or even doing "kpeke, kpeke" inside Night Clubs.

How will that person answer God on the day of judgement?

1 Like

Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 11:22am On Oct 30, 2010
atampakoeg:

Diasporians speak so passionately against Nigeria and against coming back to Nigeria, no problem, we understand. Afterall, you left Nigeria for better life for rural men and women when you left.
But, something always bugs me, is it right, moral, or even legal in the sight of God, and our parent who sent us to university, to leave our graduate jobs in Nigeria, and go abroad and even stay there doing such jobs that you will not even allow your far junior relative to do in Nigeria?
Look, this is not about anyone forcing you to come back home, no, we dont care if you do. But, me i can not understand why a graduate Nigerian, maybe even with a second degree, will go to London or there about and start cleaning the streets, or the railway lines or even doing "kpeke, kpeke" inside Night Clubs.

Why did you post this then if you don't care? What has God got to do with me not coming back to Nigeria?
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by atampakoeg(f): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

Why did you post this then if you don't care? What has God got to do with me not coming back to Nigeria?

Abeg, read properly. Noone is saying what you have said.

You know, i have problems with people who fail to read and understand?

Before you turn this to quarel again, as usual, those who quarel on the internet usually dont have a life.

What I said is this, how will a graduate do uncalled for jobs abroad, while leaving his graduate job in Nigeria? and how will that person answer to God who gave him or her the ability to go to school and do something better for him or herself.

Abeg, me no care who comes home or not. that is not my calling.

If you like call me names, i send them all back to you.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2010
atampakoeg:

Abeg, read properly. Noone is saying what you have said.You know, i have problems with people who fail to read and understand?
Before you turn this to quarel again, as usual, those who quarel on the internet usually dont have a life.
What I said is this, how will a graduate do uncalled for jobs abroad, while leaving his graduate job in Nigeria? and how will that person answer to God who gave him or her the ability to go to school and do something better for him or herself.
[b]Abeg, me no care who comes home or not. that is not my calling.[/b]If you like call me names, i send them all back to you.

Obviously you are very silly. You just repeated the some comment here now and i asked you a question: Why did you post this IF you don't care?

Was that too hard to understand?
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2010
@atampakoeg

You said: those who quarel on the internet usually dont have a life. but who is this here calling pple names?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-538873.0.html
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by atampakoeg(f): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2010
Look.

Calling people names is different from quarelling.

If you behave like a p ri ck on the internet, then I will gladly send you a condom to cover your head, to make you look like a real pr cik.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Oct 30, 2010
atampakoeg:

Look.

Calling people names is different from quarelling.

If you behave like a p ri ck on the internet, then I will gladly send you a condom to cover your head, to make you look like a real pr cik.

Please take your time and explain the differences to me.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by atampakoeg(f): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2010
Go here to find out:

http://www.naijageeks.com
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2010
atampakoeg:

Go here to find out:

http://www.naijageeks.com

Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2010
Na wao ooo! Fight, fight, na in full d whole thread today. Haba! Wat's goin on.
Abeg, i'm out b4 i receive d bashing of my lyf. **no offence**
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 30, 2010
Nigerians in Nigeria dont have functional education that they need to drive that economy ,so cannot be employed,some courses are outdated in some Nigerian universities ,and only the right courses for that economy will allow people to live decently in Nigeria,how come the white people are trooping there to work in the oil and gas,telecoms,construction,manufacturing .
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:38pm On Oct 30, 2010
atampakoeg:

God has nothing to judge him with. You wouldn't blame the poor fellow. Maybe he's looked around and thats the only kinda job available so he has to do it to survive. Afterall its better than yahoo or drug peddling or being a gigollo which Nigerian graduates abroad involve themselves in.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by kadman(m): 1:19am On Oct 31, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

God has nothing to judge him with. You wouldn't blame the poor fellow. Maybe he's looked around and thats the only kinda job available so he has to do it to survive. Afterall its better than yahoo or drug peddling or being a gigollo which Nigerian graduates abroad involve themselves in.

Ha Ha, that's a new one.

At OP, there's a saying - There's nothing wrong in honest pay for a honest day's job. That's all I would say on the matter.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by omega25red(m): 1:48am On Oct 31, 2010
poster

i'll simply say one man's meat is another man's poison

answer me this, what has getting degrees and accepting a job that you seem to think is below a degree holder have to do with God? if anything your whole statement has been a judgemental blather. if anything you should go ask for forgiveness. who ever decides to go back home knows what they are going for and who ever decides to stay away from home knows why they are away.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:38am On Oct 31, 2010
kadman:

Ha Ha, that's a new one.

At OP, there's a saying - There's nothing wrong in honest pay for a honest day's job. That's all I would say on the matter.
A new one? Damn! Maybe i didn't spell it well. Gigolo i think meaning a male prostitute. Its an old profession. It ain't new. Almost same thing as having sugar mommies too
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by kadman(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

A new one? Damn! Maybe i didn't spell it well. Gigolo i think meaning a male love-peddler. Its an old profession. It ain't new. Almost same thing as having sugar mommies too

Lol, yeah I knew you meant Gigolo, but I took it literally - i.e the men walking the streets looking for women. But yes you're very right. . it happens big time
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by Ijeleigbo(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2010
kadman:

Lol, yeah I knew you meant Gigolo, but I took it literally - i.e the men walking the streets looking for women. But yes you're very right. . it happens big time
nna i just gave a deep thought about this. Ashewo better pass gigolo. Imagine where man go dey knack 5-10 women daily.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by moonraker(m): 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2010
jobless with the capital J,
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by eghost247(m): 5:12am On Nov 14, 2010
People who have never been out of naija
would just sit at home and be talking bullshit
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by invisible2(m): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2010
eghost247:

People who have never been out of naija
would just sit at home and be talking bullshit

And those that have left naija dont talk bullcrap? They are even the major distractions. Someone manages to save 20 thousand dollars abroad and now thinks he can lord it over those naija based ones. You will be surprised when you return.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by eghost247(m): 9:50am On Nov 14, 2010
mr invisble or what nor
get over your self
what is it with the constant bashing off nigerians in the diaspora
everyone should leave their live and mind their business
you as a patriot
should do u
and let them do themselves
its time wasting
starting threads like this
if dey like they should pack
suckaway
thats their problem
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2010
invisible!:

And those that have left naija dont talk bullcrap? They are even the major distractions. Someone manages to save 20 thousand dollars abroad and now thinks he can lord it over those naija based ones. You will be surprised when you return.

People like you are stiring up this hatred between Nigerians outside Nigeria and those at home, many Nigerians abroad have great relationships with their families and friends back home but sometimes we read from grumpy old uncles like you moaning about ur achievements and ur dozen kids, i don't just get it.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by invisible2(m): 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2010
justwise:

People like you are stiring up this hatred between Nigerians outside Nigeria and those at home, many Nigerians abroad have great relationships with their families and friends back home but sometimes we read from grumpy old uncles like you moaning about your achievements and your dozen kids, i don't just get it.

There you o again with your 'many Nigerians abroad' quotes. I ask again, what of those we have not heard from in 15 years since they travelled? Some have even changed their names and are peeping from far away lands and waiting for their dads to die so they can come home to divide his properties.
If that is your idea of a great relationship then rant on.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2010
invisible!:

There you o again with your 'many Nigerians abroad' quotes. I ask again, what of those we have not heard from in 15 years since they travelled? Some have even changed their names and are peeping from far away lands and waiting for their dads to die so they can come home to divide his properties.
If that is your idea of a great relationship then rant on.
There is no doubt that there are many Nigerians who travelled out and things turned out badly , but there are those who made it as well.
There are many Nigerians in Nigeria who left their villages to lagos or Abuja and things never turn out the way they planned and going back to the village becomes a nightmare, they spend yrs on and never visit. There is no smooth ride anywhere in life.

Wht i don't understand about some of you moaning about Nigerians abroad not sending gold and silver home everyday is by whos standard are you judging them? Yours or God?
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by invisible2(m): 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2010
justwise:

There is no doubt that there are many Nigerians who travelled out and things turned out badly , but there are those who made it as well.
There are many Nigerians in Nigeria who left their villages to lagos or Abuja and things never turn out the way they planned and going back to the village becomes a nightmare, they spend yrs on and never visit. There is no smooth ride anywhere in life.

Wht i don't understand about some of you moaning about Nigerians abroad not sending gold and silver home everyday is by whos standard are you judging them? Yours or God?

Anybody in Nigeria not visiting his village will have visits from his relatives regularly. We can easily send garri, yam and native fowls for them. Tell me if it will be easy to pay DHL for same package to the US.
If you cannot send goodies from abroad, we have to judge you harshly because you are not perfoming your own share of family work. Its better you return and be weeding your mumsie's cassava farm or replacing your dad in his suya hawking business under the flyover!
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2010
invisible!:

Anybody in Nigeria not visiting his village will have visits from his relatives regularly. We can easily send garri, yam and native fowls for them. Tell me if it will be easy to pay DHL for same package to the US.
If you cannot send goodies from abroad, we have to judge you harshly because you are not perfoming your own share of family work. Its better you return and be weeding your mumsie's cassava farm or replacing your dad in his suya hawking business under the flyover!

Yea send some goodis to some grumpy uncles who never saw anything good in u but the moment u left Nigeria he start checking exchange rate for u, telling u stories about how he bought u rainbow pant when u were 1yr old.

Not only goodis, u will get microwave from abroad, greedy things
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by invisible2(m): 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

Yea send some goodis to some grumpy uncles who never saw anything good in u but the moment u left Nigeria he start checking exchange rate for u, telling u stories about how he bought u rainbow pant when u were 1yr old.

Not only goodis, u will get microwave from abroad, greedy things

Na stinginess dey worry you so, the uncle even had the humility to buy nwafor seven colour pant for you even as you dey steal his sweets from his small shop. (thats why he saw nothing good in you) maybe you were harvesting and eating his seed yams before due date?

Bros, buy a good car for your uncle o!
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2010
Invisible, chill out, and wind your neck in.

One thing remains - home's where the heart is. Some Nigerians also happen to have been born in the United Kingdom, United States or elsewhere. You seem to be making a blanket assumption, that even Nigerians that travelled out of Nigeria, have abandoned their families. You've also assumed their families are not in their countries of residence.

As for Nigerians abroad not sending "goodies" back to their relatives in Nigeria - how do you know they don't? Or do you expect them to send you an email, informing you of each time they've made remittances to any of their relatives in Nigeria? Threads like this one are a dime a dozen - there have been over 30 of them on Nairaland, since this forum sprung up, and there will continue to be. The views shared will remain the same, dependent on where you regard as home.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by invisible2(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2010
Siena:

Invisible, chill out, and wind your neck in.

One thing remains - home's where the heart is. Some Nigerians also happen to have been born in the United Kingdom, United States or elsewhere. You seem to be making a blanket assumption, that even Nigerians that travelled out of Nigeria, have abandoned their families. You've also assumed their families are not in their countries of residence.

As for Nigerians abroad not sending "goodies" back to their relatives in Nigeria - how do you know they don't? Or do you expect them to send you an email, informing you of each time they've made remittances to any of their relatives in Nigeria? Threads like this one are a dime a dozen - there have been over 30 of them on Nairaland, since this forum sprung up, and there will continue to be. The views shared will remain the same, dependent on where you regard as home.

I was reacting to the fact he called his uncle greedy.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
invisible!:

I was reacting to the fact he called his uncle greedy.

Yes, greedy was a wrong choice of word to use. But, from my understanding, Justwise's reference to a grumpy old, greedy uncle was a hypothetical one, so not referring to his own uncle, as such.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
Siena:

Yes, greedy was a wrong choice of word to use. But, from my understanding, Justwise's reference to a grumpy old, greedy uncle was a hypothetical one, so not referring to his own uncle, as such.

You are a living legend!!! i mean it.
Re: Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? by MissyB3(f): 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2010
invisible!:

Cor blimey!
I can't believe my eyes! In 2010, a grown man [I want to assume] is still waiting for his relations abroad to ''send him goodies'' like, it's his birth right. Else, they get tongue-lashed. Seriously?  undecided
It's the likes of you that frustrate individuals abroad. You keep asking and asking and demanding and the person, in an attempt to please you and not to be labelled a failure, keeps struggling to meet your needs, paying little or no attention to his Must Do(s), while you sit back at home drinking paraga, smoking weed and dissipating the money he sends.  angry
Why you nor travel abroad and start sending goodies home, too? Are you less human than those that did? Don't you have shame?
**If anything you're going to write doesn't answer the above questions, please save it, I'm not interested**  cool
Share of what family work? Who assigns what duty to whom?
Why is your share of the family work to enjoy the ''goodies'' while mine is to satisfy your want? You're a joke.   grin
You must really think people are under obligation to favor you, in life.
Some of you need to grown up.  . . . .Like money falls from the sky, abroad!

atampakoeg:

If you earn N5 from your ''graduate job'' [as you put it] in Nigeria and you have a chance to earn N20 from an unskilled job abroad, if you opt for the second option, you haven't made a wrong choice. One of the many reasons for working is to produce income and, it's only sage that, after considering  other factors, one settles for the activity that enables one produce the most income.

atampakoeg:

and how will that person answer to God who gave him or her the ability to go to school and do something better for him or herself.

atampakoeg:

is it even legal in the sight of God, to leave our graduate jobs in Nigeria, and go abroad and even stay there doing such jobs that you will not even allow your far junior relative to do in Nigeria?

Keep God out of this!
There are more important things God is interested in, other than where you decide to work and live. If you want to practice godliness and spirituality, I'D recommend you start by observing Paul's instructions :
1 Thessalonians. 4:11 -> Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Port Of Entry Experience Firs Timer / Accident At Onne, Rivers State Claims Four Lives / Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.