Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) (54450 Views)

12-Year-Old Student Impregnated By Katsina Vice Principal Puts To Bed / UNN Graduate Puts Up Bsc, NYSC Certificates For Sale Over Lack Of Job / My Experience Teaching In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by eflintsone(m): 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
Olanipekun1:
tor
and the man think they value that school?

if he turn back now they'll back to the street doing their normal thing

education is almost free in the North yet they're the least educated in the country.

They prefer shoe shining Mai suya mai gworo and burukutu to education
afterall who needs education when affidavit is just N500

just shut up if you do not know what to say
keep your tribal hate in your pocket

i stayed and schooled in the northe for 8years

every higher institutions in the north is massively dominated by the northerners

so shut up if you got no fact
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by General0847: 12:04am On Sep 17, 2019
Olanipekun1:
[s][/s] claptrap and stupid trash
You're a product of inbreeding so am not surprised.
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by kayalla(f): 12:07am On Sep 17, 2019
things our govt can not do, so our future is now in our hands lets help ourselves. God Bless him
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by blackboy2star(m): 12:16am On Sep 17, 2019
Wow... looks like coconut to me, that's cool

stinflame:

That is not coconut. It is extracted raw sugar cane
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by joytothewise(m): 12:46am On Sep 17, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Sugarcane bawo

Oja !!!
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by favour32(m): 12:49am On Sep 17, 2019
eTECTIV:
And den U posed for pictures with dem ryt? If U have to do a good deed as such, leave out d cameras... Dis is no longer a gud deed
It is a good deed. He has done his best and may God continue to bless him.
This is a process of creating awareness to those not close to the area and a good example for rich guys to be encouraged to do similar thing in future.
Well done man!
Camera or no camera.
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Idzitari1(m): 1:21am On Sep 17, 2019
Keep doin the good work bro. May u never lack in all ur life endeavor
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:53am On Sep 17, 2019
eTECTIV:
And den U posed for pictures with dem ryt? If U have to do a good deed as such, leave out d cameras... Dis is no longer a gud deed
Take your herbs. It's started again.
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 2:07am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
General0847:

You're a product of inbreeding so am not surprised.
[/s]
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by ABBEYsammy01(m): 4:00am On Sep 17, 2019
That day was their day of divine visitation...
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Ndipe(m): 4:32am On Sep 17, 2019
Very touching.
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by adecz: 5:36am On Sep 17, 2019
A former almajiri sighted!!! shocked shocked shocked

Organs:

With your comment and mentality, you need to be a student in that school as well.
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by maxilly(m): 6:14am On Sep 17, 2019
Charleys:
Nice one. Standing in front of a closed school holding books and taking pictures just for clout.
I knew someone was still going to find something wrong with this gesture
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by stormborn28(m): 6:17am On Sep 17, 2019
Nekky5:
May God reward you.
hope the man no go still nack the woman for more kids...
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Adebowalay(m): 6:31am On Sep 17, 2019
eTECTIV:
at least e do something
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by rafindo(m): 6:50am On Sep 17, 2019
stephenduru:
As shared by Suleiman.....

'A few weeks back I found these two kids hawking Mazarkwaila (sugar cake sort of) on the street of Kofan Doka in Zaria. Looking at their ages, I had to park and walked to the other lane in order to catch up with them, as I was driving on the opposite lane. I stopped them and requested to know their area of residence, name of their parents and their own names.

They were able to answer all the questions satisfactorily except the first question. They were able to give the name of their area of residence without giving a hint on how to locate their house, as they are too young to do that. I further asked how much is the value of the whole Mazarkwaila being carried by the boy (as depicted in the photo below), surprizingly the value was 2500 naira only. I nearly shed tears looking at the money vis-a-vis the risk they were being exposed to. I gave them 3000 naira and told them to go back home.

Thereafter, I placed a phone call to someone I know that lives in the same area with them and told him that I will send some photos to his watsapp and that he should help me locate the parents of those kids.

Happily the man (Audun Durimi) called back a day after to say that he was able to locate them. He sent the phone number of their father to me. I called the father and put some reasonable words regarding the ills of street hawking on children and he completely agreed with my submission. I asked him why are his children not going to school, he said he had to remove them because of his economic situation. I requested for his permission to enrol them, he outrighly accepted.

I am happy to inform you that, today I enrolled Aisha and Isah into the ZEDA model schools. It is a new school that will start operation tomorrow Monday. Aisha and Isah will be part of the pioneer students of this school established by the Zaria Education Development Authority. Their mother is the one standing first from right. May Allah bless these kids, may Allah see them through. I am so happy today. Alhamdullilah'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/09/see-what-man-did-for-2-kids-hawking.html?m=1

For crying out loud must everybody give birth. Not everybody is capable of been a father or a mother
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Maghan37: 7:10am On Sep 17, 2019
Olanipekun1:
tor

education is almost free in the North yet they're the least educated in the country.

Wrong Affidavit is just 200 naira in the north but does this matter
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by yusufmurry: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2019
Olanipekun1:
tor

Try the affidavit and see your in jail.

PS: If you're grieved with PEPT ruling, there will be 2023, prepare your candidate. But take it to heart that Nigeria will favour the ruling party; whether PDP or APC.
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by vinceobe: 7:43am On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks, my man, for helping these children out. May God bless you. The government should sit up. The number of out-of-school children is increasing daily. This is completely unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 7:51am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
yusufmurry:

Try the affidavit and see your in jail.

PS: If you're grieved with PEPT ruling, there will be 2023, prepare your candidate. But take it to heart that Nigeria will favour the ruling party; whether PDP or APC.
[/s]
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 9:41am On Sep 17, 2019
adecz:
shocked sad

I know that primary school education is
free in all northern states, so, money for fees
isn't the issue .

It is a cultural thing & the family also
survive on the proceeds from this petty trades.

How many of these children can you remove
from the northern streets without changing
the long standing culture of lack of
interest in western education while
emphasizing almajiri system?

To me, this is a baseless gesture aimed at
attracting publicity & playing to the 'gallery '.
And, how will the
parent now survive without income from
the hawking?

Change the culture!!!

I can bet that picture is from Buhari's home state!
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Organs(m): 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
adecz:

A former almajiri sighted!!! shocked shocked shocked

Yep, youre on point. A former almajiri that got educated in both western, islamic and informal education, understands diversity, and has a better understanding of our interdependence and most importantly uses his God given brain to make good choices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.