Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers (32934 Views)

Kidnappers Abduct & Kill Salihu Dovo, Ardo-kola LGA Chairman In Taraba / Woodbery Defrauded US Firm Of $15.3 Million Stashed Away In Bitcoin Wallet / Police Arrest Kidnapper Who Collected $15,000 Ransom In Bitcoins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by kenodrill: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2019
Is not your personal money rather is our stolen treasury.no sympathy to you.
Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Lexusgs430: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2019
No trace..... Kidnappers using technology.......

This is a bad trend................

1 Like

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by sammuell(m): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
Government should make it illegal for cryptocurrency to be used in any form in Nigeria.

Should it be found on your person it should be immediate jailing.

I know sole slowpokes would come here to talk nonsense.

Nigeria is not a technological/advanced society and even many advanced countries are yet to accept it.

In addition, criminal actions are rife across the country. Unlike any other nation.

In fact, the youth embrace it with impunity and bravado.

We must outlaw cryptocurrency.
is cryptocurrency now Nigeria's problem??

8 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by tiredoflife(m): 11:45am On Sep 17, 2019
This gal wasnt kidnapped
Na runs between her and her lover
She called by 10pm she was at drumsticks at gwaripa
Abuja wey taxi full everywhere
All she needed to do was drive home by a taxi and dem go pay even if she no get money
This na arrangee
The daughter do am with her guy

4 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by TeamSimple(m): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2019
NGRsenate:

You’re either a northerner or a muslim.

If you are not ready for technology, then don’t use it. Don’t come here and be talking trash.

Now that he is a Christian and a southerner are you okay now . Keep dragging people along religious and ethnic lines like humans no longer have the right to do the thinking themselves .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by WildChild00(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
Government should make it illegal for cryptocurrency to be used in any form in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not a technological/advanced society and even many advanced countries are yet to accept it.

In addition, criminal actions are rife across the country. Unlike any other nation.

This reminds me the owner of the popular Liberty Reserve was arrested and jailed for life, due to money laundry, online digital currency can be good, but it has it own bad side, peeps can not be traced, one can avoid paying tax and lots more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2019
This one don smoke weed. [s]
GavelSlam:

[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by retake89(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

I'm an itsekiri man with advanced degrees in the physical sciences.

Live more than 200 days in a year in Europe and the States.

What do you know?

Where have you been?

What is the standard of your education?

And lastly, of what benefit is cryptocurrency to the local Nigerian economy?

Shut up please. Itsekiri man that don't have sense. You live in Europe and the states and you are here saying bullshit. Oga wise up please

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by famzynet: 11:49am On Sep 17, 2019
Just watching these two people fighting above me with popcorn and beer. The fight is getting intense. Enjoy with me.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by clems88(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2019
I'm sure most top politician in Nigeria has btc wallets.them just dey pretend
Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Osobi32(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2019
Good news.... Am glad our politicians are being affected now. They should experience what the common man has been suffering all this years grin

3 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by nonye6194: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Lol on the contrary, advanced countries are fast embracing it the way they're switching to renewables for energy use. It featured on CNN last week and it's all positive news for crypto. Because kidnappers went digital doesn't mean it should be banned. Same way electric cars shouldn't be banned because we produce crude.

17 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by WhoDeyThere(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2019
You sound like a dunes. So outdated and naive.. I Tueh
GavelSlam:

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by patorial(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Look at this African Olodo, so because your country don't have a master skill on technology, instead of investing to improve it it should be banned abi?

One thing I hold against God is that people who reason like you will end becoming a leader.

10 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Gentlewarrior1(m): 11:57am On Sep 17, 2019
eTECTIV:

Is cryptocurrency d problem here?
What do you expect from a well renowned apc zombie

5 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by DJInfluence: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2019
mrgoodd:
The children of the poor you denied of free education and good life amenities will never let your children rest, Why not declare free education from Nursery to tertiary institutions with easy admission process, At least the world will know the government is ready too help from their side, After all the amount Nigeria government lost monthly is more than what the education sector contribute the country wallet in 5 years.
And you think the poor are exempted from the kidnappers? Ask around. the ones that can´t pay are killed or their parts harvested for other stuff.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Cocao(f): 11:58am On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

You cannot stop cyrptocurrency movement. You cannot.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by GavelSlam: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2019
retake89:

Shut up please. Itsekiri man that don't have sense. You live in Europe and the states and you are here saying bullshit. Oga wise up please

All of you are sheep.

You cannot think on your own.

I have asked of what benefit cryptocurrency is to the Nigerian and you are all here throwing insults.

If you know your father did not waste his money on your education, itemize 5 bullet points on the benefit of cryptocurrency to the nation.

Explain what it replaces and why his should be the new way to go.

I know you cannot.

All you heard is bitcoins give money.

You buy, you hold on to it, and then you sell when it appreciates.

4 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by wakes: 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Imagine!
Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by breko(m): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

What do you know?

Where have you been?

Omere mi offor re ejo,at all
Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Mplify(m): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
GOFRONT:
How does a bitcoin look like!!

Nawa
Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by GavelSlam: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
nonye6194:

Lol on the contrary, advanced countries are fast embracing it the way they're switching to renewables for energy use. It featured on CNN last week and it's all positive news for crypto. Because kidnappers went digital doesn't mean it should be banned. Same way electric cars shouldn't be banned because we produce crude.

The advanced works is also looking for ways to stop cryptocurrencies.

The banks don't like it. The banking system cannot see its benefit.

It leads to anonymity as can be embraced by criminal organisations e.g. kidnappers in Nigeria.

Its history stems from illicit trade and even today it is a dark currency.

I have asked a simple question of what use is it to Nigeria?

None of you can answer it.

I can give you various reasons why it isn't beneficial.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by realvikash: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lol
GavelSlam:

The advanced works is also looking for ways to stop cryptocurrencies.

The banks don't like it. The banking system cannot see its benefit.

It leads to anonymity as can be embraced by criminal organisations e.g. kidnappers in Nigeria.

Its history stems from illicit trade and even today it is a dark currency.

I have asked a simple question of what use is it to Nigeria?

None of you can answer it.

I can give you various reasons why it isn't beneficial.

If I say you're plainly being silly here, e go be like I dey insult you undecided

9 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by yinkeys(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Bitcoin can be traced if it hasn’t been mixed yet. It would have been easy to get the kidnappers but it’s probably late now. They would have tracked it

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by retake89(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

All of you are sheep.

You cannot think on your own.

I have asked of what benefit cryptocurrency is to the Nigerian and you are all here throwing insults.

If you know your father did not waste his money on your education, itemize 5 bullet points on the benefit of cryptocurrency to the nation.

Explain what it replaces and why his should be the new way to go.

I know you cannot.

All you heard is bitcoins give money.

You buy, you hold on to it, and then you sell when it appreciates.

You don't have google in your phone? Guy stop plenty English. I feel say since u don tour round the world , u suppose get small sense but sense far from you. Unam ikot

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by purplekayc(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
Smart kidnappers, bitcoin

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Stillthebest: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
kiss

I'm suspecting cryto currencies will face being forced out of the market in no time. They are easy to perpetrate scam due to their anonymous transaction details.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Globaladventure: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
yinkeys:
Bitcoin can be traced if it hasn’t been mixed yet. It would have been easy to get the kidnappers but it’s probably late now. They would have tracked it
Track bitcoin? Are you that dumb??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

What do you know?

Where have you been?

shut up my friend. 95% of drug trade is in dollars so, should dollar be banned?

16 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by Drekaz(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
GOFRONT:
How does a bitcoin look like!!

A bitcoin looks like freshly minted $10,200!�

7 Likes

Re: Umar Ardo: I Paid $15,000 In Bitcoin To My Daughter’s Kidnappers by pjc(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

When they were demanding payments in cash, did you ask also that cash be outlawed too?

You are just one of them retards who are simply afraid of what they don't know.

I suggest you go for a complete course on digital currencies before spewing trash.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How UNIPORT Student Killed My Daughter For Ritual - Father / A Married Man Was Caught Stealing A Jumbo Loaf Of Bread This Morning. / Pregnant Woman Killed, Foetus Removed In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.