Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,444 members, 7,861,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari (13758 Views)

Leaked Audio Of Tinubu Blaming Buhari For #Lekkimassacre / Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others / Igbos Stop Blaming Buhari Pls. Dont Even Blame Yoruba In This Matter Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hedonisco:
Sharaaap.
you're one of our numerous problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by jamjo: 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:

No

I am saying we should not blame him for all the ILLS of society. Many of these issues we are facing today existed before he came to power.

Yes the problems existed before he came to power but he made it worst and yes some of the problems we have in our country is our bad followership and greed, but Buhari was elected in the sense that he promised Nigerians that he will make Nigeria better but he has failed in all aspects and must be blamed Buhari have taken Nigeria from frying pan to fire � and for you to try to remove or distance him from the problems that he made worst can never happen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
Tumbulum:
Leaders are meant to lead and when he fails the end result flows to the subjects.
I am more concerned that tax payers money and wealth gotten from Niger Delta will be used to set up businesses and build houses for foreigners who have killed and maimed Nigerians in the name of cattle grazing.
Stop writing long epistle,very few individuals would go into criminal activities if this government has done the right thing.
How will you address herdsmen and farmers crises if you're the president of Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:
Fallacy of blaming Buhari ;
When Nigerian names are mentioned every single day killing both locally and abroad, we need to sort our house before we blame Buhari. When Nigerian Youth are caught with drugs abroad or caught in scamming scandals, it is not because Buhari did not provide Jobs, it is because of GREED, GREED and then GREED.

When Nigerians cultivate a culture of living large by any means necessary, and when we have parents and elders turning a blind eye, Buhari is not to blame.When we celebrate excess, corruption, and material things at the expense of contentment, community and humility, Buhari is not to blame.

Our land is soaked with the blood of rituals, saturated with the spirits of kidnapped victims, laid to waste with LAZY LAZY YOUTH who refuse to do work and want to be stinking rich overnight. I am tired of our people’s tolerance for evil and wickedness, I am tired of the criminal mindedness of our youth, I am tired of wicked governors and leaders and I am ashamed of parents who encourage their children’s criminality by silence and subtle encouragement.How will Nigerians resolve all these problems? Will our hate for Buhari quench our lust and thirst for money? Will our hate for Buhari stop our youth from kidnapping and ritual killings? Will our hate for Buhari destroy corruption? Nigerians, we need to look ourselves in the mirror. Why do other countries ‘hate’ us?

Solution ;
Are we going to continue to support a culture of arrogance, wanton greed, criminality and then blame Buhari, or should we stand together, acknowledge these problems and ROOT out all undesirable elements in our communities and states? We have to make our homes, offices, villages, towns, cities and states unbearable for wicked people, we have to bring back the death penalty and long prison sentences for hardened criminals.

But most of all we need the government to help provide the infrastructure and maintenance that will encourage investors and local businesses. We need our rich countrymen to start investing more at home than abroad and create jobs for the youth. We need to revamp the civil service and education systems and make them more efficient, cost effective, smaller in size and uproot the culture of bribery and kickbacks. We need a better education for the youth so that they can be delivered from ignorance and illiteracy. Police force must become more accountable and the army should not get involved in civilian affairs, harassing ordinary people and supporting crooks and criminals in our society.

Yes we need good leaders, and we can only talk about good leaders when we ourselves begin to hate evil with a passion, when we refuse to partake of blood money, when we turn looters and corrupt government officials away, when we vote out bad leaders and we start embracing decent, hard work that is able to create opportunity, wealth , pride and peace.

The revolution starts with US, the People.

End of rant.

They say fish starts to rot from the head. A society with a weak, incompetent, devoutly hypocritical leader (or no leader at all) is a society on the brink of anarchy.

If it were possible for citizens to do the right things entirely of their own goodwill, we wouldn't have any need for law-enforcement & judicial agencies. But the reality of physical existence is that a certain portion of human beings are given wholly to the dark side. So we need institutions that will protect the sheep from the wolves, else you have a barbaric society continuously awash with the blood of the weak(er) and the innocent.

But if the leader and his assistants/associates happen to be wolves (like in the case of Nigeria) you don't need a sociologist to explain why the citizenry would definitely embrace lawlessness and corruption.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Rapmoney(m): 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:
Fallacy of blaming Buhari ;
When Nigerian names are mentioned every single day killing both locally and abroad, we need to sort our house before we blame Buhari. When Nigerian Youth are caught with drugs abroad or caught in scamming scandals, it is not because Buhari did not provide Jobs, it is because of GREED, GREED and then GREED.

When Nigerians cultivate a culture of living large by any means necessary, and when we have parents and elders turning a blind eye, Buhari is not to blame.When we celebrate excess, corruption, and material things at the expense of contentment, community and humility, Buhari is not to blame.

Our land is soaked with the blood of rituals, saturated with the spirits of kidnapped victims, laid to waste with LAZY LAZY YOUTH who refuse to do work and want to be stinking rich overnight. I am tired of our people’s tolerance for evil and wickedness, I am tired of the criminal mindedness of our youth, I am tired of wicked governors and leaders and I am ashamed of parents who encourage their children’s criminality by silence and subtle encouragement.How will Nigerians resolve all these problems? Will our hate for Buhari quench our lust and thirst for money? Will our hate for Buhari stop our youth from kidnapping and ritual killings? Will our hate for Buhari destroy corruption? Nigerians, we need to look ourselves in the mirror. Why do other countries ‘hate’ us?

Solution ;
Are we going to continue to support a culture of arrogance, wanton greed, criminality and then blame Buhari, or should we stand together, acknowledge these problems and ROOT out all undesirable elements in our communities and states? We have to make our homes, offices, villages, towns, cities and states unbearable for wicked people, we have to bring back the death penalty and long prison sentences for hardened criminals.

But most of all we need the government to help provide the infrastructure and maintenance that will encourage investors and local businesses. We need our rich countrymen to start investing more at home than abroad and create jobs for the youth. We need to revamp the civil service and education systems and make them more efficient, cost effective, smaller in size and uproot the culture of bribery and kickbacks. We need a better education for the youth so that they can be delivered from ignorance and illiteracy. Police force must become more accountable and the army should not get involved in civilian affairs, harassing ordinary people and supporting crooks and criminals in our society.

Yes we need good leaders, and we can only talk about good leaders when we ourselves begin to hate evil with a passion, when we refuse to partake of blood money, when we turn looters and corrupt government officials away, when we vote out bad leaders and we start embracing decent, hard work that is able to create opportunity, wealth , pride and peace.

The revolution starts with US, the People.

End of rant.
Very useless post!!!

Mumu write-up!!!
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by goslowgoslow(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
Tumbulum:
Leaders are meant to lead and when he fails the end result flows to the subjects.
I am more concerned that tax payers money and wealth gotten from Niger Delta will be used to set up businesses and build houses for foreigners who have killed and maimed Nigerians in the name of cattle grazing.
Stop writing long epistle,very few individuals would go into criminal activities if this government has done the right thing.
So why do we have criminals in a place like America where their government is doing the right thing? Do you reason at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by bezimo(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
No Buhari is to blame...when a senile leader like Buhari becomes the president of unfortunate people...

He makes poor or ill conceived decision that have several ramifications from sustained insecurity to poorer economy...Were was Nigeria in 2015 before he took over and were is Nigeria now...You tell me
Nigeria has retrogressed in every ramifications.. the reason terrible useless leadership..the worst ever!! Better don't just say nonsense trying to justify anything
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Jimmyson: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
The OP may be right...Blame those who voted or rigged Buhari into power...because without their support, Buhari wouldn't have become Nigeria President.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by kayfra: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
anonimi:

is the president accountable, so that Nigerians can follow his good example.
Ordinary asset declaration, he failed.
Tax returns, he failed.

Just borrowing money to steal upandan after taxing us to our bones.
What kind of accountability example is he setting

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

The president mirrors you. Your leadership is your reflection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Adejal: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
Africans especially Nigerians really need to change our mentality. Nigeria is bad- accepted, all the blames should go to the government-accepted but I don't think that should be a valid excuse for money ritual, fraud, cybercrime, etc happening in the country. Nigeria is not good and you found your way out to Europe, Asia or America and there you end up as a 419, engaging yourself in fraudulent activities my brother are those places too bad, no wonder SA doesn't want to see other Africans countries especially Nigerians. Change Begins with ME&YOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Kenneth10110(m): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:

Again ; Does poor leadership justify KIDNAPPING, SCAMMING AND RITUAL MURDERS or must ordinary people have to pay for the crimes of the leaders and their cluelessness.

And you call Nigeria a ZOO , is Biafra not also a ZOO ? In Biafra we have a huge number of ritual killings, kidnappings , scamming, dirty environment, poor leadership etc. That is a ZOO for sure.

Please skull minings is to your tribe not Igbos.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by goslowgoslow(m): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2019
vickyhow:

1000 likes 4 this post !
U never could be more riqht than this !

Op is livinq in a fantasy world, he needs a Reality check !
Right indeed, not only 1000 likes na 1 trillion.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by bareal(m): 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
I blamed Jonathan, so I must blame Buhari too
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by fortran12: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
jamjo:

Yes the problems existed before he came to power but he made it worst and yes some of the problems we have in our country is our bad followership and greed, but Buhari was elected in the sense that he promised Nigerians that he will make Nigeria better but he has failed in all aspects and must be blamed Buhari have taken Nigeria from frying pan to fire � and for you to try to remove or distance him from the problems that he made worst can never happen.

Some people don't understand the roles and responsibilities of leaders and followers, hence they blame it all on leaders. Everyone has a role to play. Are the followers also playing their role?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Kenneth10110(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
After they carry money meant for us in bullion vans you no blame them. OP since Buhari took over it got worse i mean crime increased so much.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by litaninja(m): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Buhari is at the helm of affairs in Nigeria for the 3rd time around and there is no significant improvement in the lot of Nigerians. yes, it is very valid that he is blamed albeit partly for the woes faced.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by litaninja(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
A leader LEADS by EXAMPLE. You cannot claim to be getting rid of the ills of corruption while you have brazen corrupt officials as members of your cabinet / administration.
Its quite simple.

fortran12:

Some people don't understand the roles and responsibilities of leaders and followers, hence they blame it all on leaders. Everyone has a role to play. Are the followers also playing their role?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by francisisking: 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:

No

I am saying we should not blame him for all the ILLS of society. Many of these issues we are facing today existed before he came to power.
And he is adding more to it.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Galaticos444: 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:

Okay , lets condone KIDNAPPING, SCAMMING AND RITUAL MURDERS. Its all due to poor leadership.

I shake my head at ignorant, lazy youth produced by a lousy substandard education system.

if adequate security was provided by ur inefficient president all d aforementioned won't b happening rather he decided to re-appoint all dose service chiefs dat failed in their 1st tenure
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by shaw2(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Why should Nigerians stop?
The time they were blaming Goodluck nko?
Better respect urself and clear road
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by asanwafo: 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
FarahAideed:

But his coup of 1984 was the one that introduced introduced desperation into the lives of Nigerians and till date the average Nigerian has not shed it
Another lazy youth spotted. We're u born then? I read it or they said commentator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by FarahAideed: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2019
asanwafo:
Another lazy youth spotted. We're u born then? I read it or they said commentator.

Whether you like it or not Buhari is a 3 time failure as president
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by HeyCorleone(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2019
mrdharkchild:
Salary earner o, entrepreneur o, if your government and it's policies are not good e go touch u, e go frustrate u. Stop suffering and smiling jare.

This comment is everything.

You can only progress as far as your government wants you to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Empiree: 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:
Based on the few comments so far, is it any wonder why there is no improvement ? Nigerians blame everything on poor leadership but refuse to look at themselves in the mirror and discovery the decay and rot in our hearts and communities.

Is there really any hope ?
You are very correct about the youths. However, as saying goes, if leadership is good people will be good. If leadership is bad people are bad. People are the reflection of leadership vis-a-vis.

Leadership in this context is not just the president. President is just a figure. He's not truly in control of the country lawmakers are. Therefore, it is Nigerian govt itself that created the fantasy imbedded in youths and ofcourse, parents have their fair share.

When lawmakers feel a little pain on their arm they travel out to developed countries for medical needs. When their wives wanna give birth they take them to USA, Canada, UK etc. When their children should start going to school they registered them abroad. When govt needs to get a simple project done, they hire foreigners (not even fellow African countries) and the list goes on. By going abroad for every medical treatment you are saying to Nigerians that you do not value your own. You underpay doctors and nurses etc. Are these people's fault or govt?.

Nigerian citizens studied, engineering, pharmacy, taxes, criminal justice etc. After finishing school these things are not practicalized bcuz govt goes out to hire foreigners to do what their own citizens already studied professionally for them. Many of the graduates only know the theory. They don't know how taxes work for instance until they travel to developed countries and they witness how taxes are done practically.

Or a lawyer in Nigeria who sees wrong with a lawmaker who supposed to face trial but can't do so because lawmaker is above the same law he signs to uphold. But when a poor guy steals bread, stupid judge have him locked up for months until trial. At trial he's sentenced to 5yrs behind bars. Or talking about criminal justice system, Nigerian police arrest murderer, murderer tips police and he's back on the street again when he should be facing serious crime charges with zero bail. This is citizen fault, too?.

As for citizens commiting crimes like money rituals, this is moral decadence and fantasy created by govt because citizens are seeing govt stealing millions and billions. So they too must make it.

Show me a Nigerian politician successfully prosecuted in Nigeria court since 1999 Democracy till present?. But Abacha jailed politicians. Here we have US lawmakers and top officials jailed for crimes https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_federal_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

But Nigeria lawmaker who walks on his two feet just yesterday, hail and hearty suddenly down on wheelchair or stretcher the next day bcuz he's summoned to face trial. Don't you think the country is a joke?.

What stops politicians and lawmakers to fix common electricity since independent?. Is that citizens fault too?. So for that country to work, you need to make one example of lawmakers either lengthy jail that covers 3 generations of his life or death sentence. Everyone will receive sense by force.

I only agree with this article because Buhari himself can not do it. It is lawmakers who get fat checks and do nothing for the people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by HeyCorleone(m): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
NGpatriot:

I agree with you 100%, the change starts with us, Nigerians must first take personal responsibility for their own unruly, corrupt and lawless actions before demanding same from other people.

This is quite stupid. But I didn't expect anything better from someone with such moniker.

It is duty of the government to create an enabling environment for people to carry out their affairs. that is, security, good roads, water, power, and other amenities. When such things are lacking, how do you expect people to make end meets?

Oh I forgot, we have rice in Kano.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by HeyCorleone(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
lovemoi2:

My dear... i visit Nigeria regularly on vacation, trust me the mentality of the youths in Nigeria are regrettable... i have tried to preach and i am tired... the brainwashing is already deep... all they do is blame ...

Lol.

You fortunate idiots who stay overseas just act like you are better than the average Nigerian.

If Nigeria was so good, why did you leave?

Nigeria's problem has to be fixed from top to bottom. If you were intelligent, you would understand. No be by abroad.

What exactly do you advice the youths to do? Farming? Learn a skill? Is it free? After learning, what next? How does he develop himself in a society that was designed to make him fail?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Tumbulum: 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2019
Abdul4trust1:
How will you address herdsmen and farmers crises if you're the president of Nigeria?
I will send the army to arrest and presecute any herdsmen going about with weapons. I will ban open grazing and make sure that any one interested in animal husbandry will buy land from willing sellers and set up a ranch to take care of his animal. Government may come in and provide micro loans.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Modernist: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
Fulani herders chewing and burning up peoples farm didn't exist before Buhari, I'll blame him for all my woes.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Abdul4trust1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
Tumbulum:
I will send the army to arrest and presecute any herdsmen going about with weapons. I will ban open grazing and make sure that any one interested in animal husbandry will buy land from willing sellers and set up a ranch to take care of his animal. Government may come in and provide micro loans.
Ruga is a good approach because it address the issue farmers and herders' crises as well as cattle rustling in the north. higher cattle output and any herdsman found wanting for opened grazing in the States where ruga is operational will be made to face the consequences of the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by Kfed4ril(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
frosbel2:

Lazy Youth detected. smiley

We will stop blaming Buhari, when he and his fell APC cohorts stop blaming every misfortune on the previous administration.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by joepepsy(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
When are you leaving? Please make it snappy.
MONIKERREVEALER:
easterners would soon leave the shiithole and when we do, we shall school zoogerians on how to properly run a black country and turn it into a first world country through godly leadership!!!

you can take that to the bank!!!

hahahahahahahahaha!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari by asanwafo: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
FarahAideed:

Whether you like it or not Buhari is a 3 time failure as president
But is better than ur ogogoro GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adamawa Begins Payment Of New Minimum Wage / Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December / Boko Haram Denies Involvement In Kano Mosque Bombing Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.