Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Repairs - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Repairs (55757 Views)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself. / Any Experience With Thermocool Generators (after Sales Repairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairs by Joe4lv(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
radautoworks:
Before spending money on new ac components, if you have a small or slow leak, try this. It's a LOT cheaper than ac parts.

When we first told shops around us about this, they laughed and said it wouldn't work. Now, we keep running out of stock because they keep buying it!

Arctic freeze R134a with stop-leak N10,968 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=QST&partNumber=RLS-134V

Is it inclusive in the free delivery to every part of Nigeria?

What do you advice on replacing of automatic AC compressor of a Corolla with a Manuel AC compressor of another vehicle?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
Joe4lv:

Is it inclusive in the free delivery to every part of Nigeria?

What do you advice on replacing of automatic AC compressor of a Corolla with a Manuel AC compressor of another vehicle?

Free delivery requires a minimum order of 45k. N.O. WHY
Re: Repairs by TRYGO(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2019
I still find it difficult to believed why AC techs would keep advising that VDC compressor should be replaced with a manual one.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26am On Oct 05, 2019
TRYGO:
I still find it difficult to believed why AC techs would keep advising that VDC compressor should be replaced with a manual one.

Cost.

The choice between 350,000 and 65,000 is not very hard to make.

6 Likes

Re: Repairs by mosbus: 9:44am On Oct 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Cost.

The cost for a new oem compressor is high and the so called tokunbo is 50/50 chance.
The major thing that really matter is high side reading and the low side reading e.g.
Camry 2008 VDC compressor
Design pressure
High side 3.53mpa
Low side 1.67mpa
So If you are going to use any manual compressed compressor make sure they are of the same capacity.
If not your car engine will be overloaded.

Re: Repairs by jmaine: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Repairs by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
radautoworks:
2012 Toyota 4runner mystery leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNhND5mz-Ps

So no safety kit for your workers? Is oil good on the human skin?
Re: Repairs by Inception(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Cost.

i dey tell you!!!

3 Likes

Re: Repairs by Inception(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Safety champion undecided

4 Likes

Re: Repairs by Inception(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
mosbus:

The cost for a new oem compressor is high and the so called tokunbo is 50/50 chance.
The major thing that really matter is high side reading and the low side reading e.g.
Camry 2008 VDC compressor
Design pressure
High side 3.53mpa
Low side 1.67mpa
So If you are going to use any manual compressed compressor make sure they are of the same capacity.
If not your car engine will be overloaded.

Bro is not only that.

the two are inherently different in design and the engine operating characteristics (for the 2008 i4 engine management system) has been optimized for the VDC compressor. The VDC compressor operation is imperceptible because the refrigerant is always circulating as long as the engine is running. the magic here is that the solenoid (close to the suction side of the compressor) once activated by the ac amplifier creates a pressure differential which then causes the pressure at the discharge side to be higher, hence cooling effect starts. and this operation variably applied until full cooling load is required.

In the case of a compressor lock, the pulley has been designed to break free if the force required to turn the compressor reaches a threshold.

the truth is, the main reason why a solenoid is always wired in series to the compressor clutch is to fool the ac amplifier that all is well with the compressor and its imposed load on the engine, hence allowing a rev-up condition to accommodate additional engine load.. The AC amplifier of such vehicle was never designed to operate with a swash plate, single piston ( or i would say Fixed displacement) compressor with magnetic clutch

abi GAZZUZZ, Motorguru, i dey lie?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Yes o. It makes it shine grin

1 Like

Re: Repairs by sacramento1212: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
radautoworks:

Yes o. It makes it shine grin

Good evening ma'am. So what's the estimated Labour charge for a Corolla with a shift solenoid valve problem? I understand there would be 6 litres Type T IV transmission fluid purchase.
Re: Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Inception:

Bro is not only that.

the two are inherently different in design and the engine operating characteristics (for the 2008 i4 engine management system) has been optimized for the VDC compressor. The VDC compressor operation is imperceptible because the refrigerant is always circulating as long as the engine is running. the magic here is that the solenoid (close to the suction side of the compressor) once activated by the ac amplifier creates a pressure differential which then causes the pressure at the discharge side to be higher, hence cooling effect starts. and this operation variably applied until full cooling load is required.

In the case of a compressor lock, the pulley has been designed to break free if the force required to turn the compressor reaches a threshold.

the truth is, the main reason why a solenoid is always wired in series to the compressor clutch is to fool the ac amplifier that all is well with the compressor and its imposed load on the engine, hence allowing a rev-up condition to accommodate additional engine load.. The AC amplifier of such vehicle was never designed to operate with a swash plate, single piston ( or i would say Fixed displacement) compressor with magnetic clutch

There is a conspiracy theory going on around so i avoid commenting on posts by certain members before they say xyz

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
sacramento1212:

Good evening ma'am. So what's the estimated Labour charge for a Corolla with a shift solenoid valve problem? I understand there would be 6 litres Type T IV transmission fluid purchase.

About 9-10 hours so roughly 45-50k

1 Like

Re: Repairs by SpaceAngel: 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
Madam, how long will it take to rebuild a 2gr fe engine at your place?
Thanks
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
SpaceAngel:
Madam, how long will it take to rebuild a 2gr fe engine at your place?
Thanks

It's by year and model we look it up. What year, what model?
Re: Repairs by SpaceAngel: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
radautoworks:

It's by year and model we look it up. What year, what model?

2008 Highlander.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
SpaceAngel:

2008 Highlander.

What do you suspect needs replacing? An R&I (remove and inspect) the entire engine takes 16.4 hours and the cost applies towards repair when we find out what needs to be replaced. E.g. a head gasket takes 25.1 hours and a cylinder head assembly takes 23.8 hours.
Re: Repairs by jarkbauer: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
radautoworks:

What do you suspect needs replacing? An R&I (remove and inspect) the entire engine takes 16.4 hours and the cost applies towards repair when we find out what needs to be replaced. E.g. a head gasket takes 25.1 hours and a cylinder head assembly takes 23.8 hours.

I laugh each time I see you bill per hour. I blame your customers who think they are in America. Nobody pays anybody per hour in Nigeria you are paid per month. I know for sure that your workers are not paid by hours logged. Nigerias minimum wage now is still 18k per month. Americans are paid minimum wage per hrs we are paid per month that why your billing system is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: Repairs by mosbus: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
Inception:

Bro is not only that.

Bros can you prove this in practical.
In the case of compressor lock don't mean your compressor pulley is broken.
E.g Lexus ES 350 DTC B1422
Open or short in compressor lock sensor circuit.
The compressor uses two sensor VDC sensor and lock sensor with magnetic coil.
Trouble area for the code.
1,A/C compressor(A/C lock sensor)
2,compressor drive belt
3,harness
4,A/C amplifier
5,can communication system.
I believe in practical not speaking English.
Do you know that the D.C. Voltage that supply the sensor varies.
That is why you need to input a 12V relay when you want to install a manual compressor.
Re: Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
mosbus:

2,compressor drive belt
3,harness
4,A/C amplifier
That is why you need to input a 12V relay when you want to install a manual compressor.

You for leave this matter as e be but well...........

Winter is coming

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
jarkbauer:

I laugh each time I see you bill per hour. I blame your customers who think they are in America. Nobody pays anybody per hour in Nigeria you are paid per month. I know for sure that your workers are not paid by hours logged. Nigerias minimum wage now is still 18k per month. Americans are paid minimum wage per hrs we are paid per month that why your billing system is ridiculous.

Actually, our techs ARE paid by hour so one tech can earn 100 hours in a 40 hour work week so...

4 Likes

Re: Repairs by SpaceAngel: 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
radautoworks:

Burning oil and occasional smoking start-up.
Re: Repairs by sacramento1212: 6:17am On Oct 06, 2019
radautoworks:

About 9-10 hours so roughly 45-50k

Labour charge is a disaster mehn. One will approximately be spending about #80K or little more for the repairs sad
Re: Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:38am On Oct 06, 2019
sacramento1212:

Labour charge is a disaster mehn. One will approximately be spending about #80K or little more for the repairs sad

Very fair considering the work involved.

2 Likes

Re: Repairs by sacramento1212: 6:45am On Oct 06, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Very fair considering the work involved.

Oh! Okay.

I'm only even approximating as i don't even know what else might be replaced inside. Only added estimated cost of transmission fluid plus may be minor expense.
Re: Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2019
sacramento1212:

Oh! Okay.

I'm only even approximating as i don't even know what else might be replaced inside. Only added estimated cost of transmission fluid plus may be minor expense.

Takes 12 or less hours to replace your engine with a low mileage one, might take over 40hrs to fix the old one.

Less labour to replace, more labour to repair.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by Inception(m): 7:50am On Oct 06, 2019
mosbus:

2,compressor drive belt
3,harness
4,A/C amplifier

Oga what are u even saying?
First of all, let us not shift the goal post. In your earlier post, you mentioned a 2008 Toyota camry now you are mentioning a Lexus ES350.

The camry 4 cylinder does not have a magnetic clutch. The Lexus compressor has.
It is in the event of a compressor lock up that the pulley of the Camry's 2AZ compressor shears off and becomes freewheeling to avoid drive belt damage.

That of the Lexus is a bit more complicated in that the lock sensor instructs the AC amplifier to disengage the magnetic clutch.

And in this diagnosis here, we are talking of an obvious compressor failure! ( after checking all the trouble areas you have identified there)

Now to the justification of using a relay, remember that I earlier said that it is the solenoid that is connected to the ac amplifier DIRECTLY. ,this is to first of all fool the amplifier that all is well with the compressor circuit. The relay ( connected to the solenoid also) only acts as a switch to get current from the battery( or alternator) to power the magnetic clutch. My argument here is that though this is workable, it is not optimal for the engine management system as the ability of varying cooling load according to demand is lost.

The 'practical and English' here is simply the huge cost difference between the OEM VDC compressor and the FDC ( far cheaper) compressor

Gazzuzz why you dey run from this matter?
Re: Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2019
Inception:

Oga what are u even saying?
First of all, let us not shift the goal post. In your earlier post, you mentioned a 2008 Toyota camry now you are mentioning a Lexus ES350.

The camry 4 cylinder does not have a magnetic clutch. The Lexus compressor has.
It is in the event of a compressor lock up that the pulley of the Camry's 2AZ compressor shears off and becomes freewheeling to avoid drive belt damage.

That of the Lexus is a bit more complicated in that the lock sensor instructs the AC amplifier to disengage the magnetic clutch.

And in this diagnosis here, we are talking of an obvious compressor failure! ( after checking all the trouble areas you have identified there)

Now to the justification of using a relay, remember that I earlier said that it is the solenoid that is connected to the ac amplifier DIRECTLY. ,this is to first of all fool the amplifier that all is well with the compressor circuit. The relay ( connected to the solenoid also) only acts as a switch to get current from the battery( or alternator) to power the magnetic clutch. My argument here is that though this is workable, it is not optimal for the engine management system.

The 'practical and English' here is simply the huge cost difference between the OEM VDC compressor and the FDC ( far cheaper) compressor

Gazzuzz why you dey run from this matter?

winter is here...

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2019
sacramento1212:

That's one where replacing might make more sense. When we check it out, we always look at both options and see what makes more sense.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2019
A proper alignment not only takes care of the "toe" (looking head on the tires not facing straight), but the "camber" (knock-knee).

WE CHARGE ONLY N5,000 FOR A COMPLETE 4D ALIGNMENT IN MOST CASES.

Here is Gold. She does most of our alignments and she's damn good at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1L7NFjLe0

1 Like

Re: Repairs by EgunMogaji2: 9:39am On Oct 06, 2019
radautoworks:
A proper alignment not only takes care of the "toe" (looking head on the tires not facing straight), but the "camber" (knock-knee).

WE CHARGE ONLY N5,000 FOR A COMPLETE 4D ALIGNMENT IN MOST CASES.

Here is Gold. She does most of our alignments and she's damn good at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1L7NFjLe0

Hell of a deal.

I say it again, people don’t appreciate you enough. But some do sha.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

How To Check For Tyres Expiry Date / MMM Car Spotted In Lagos, Will You Challenge The Owner For Your Money? (photos) / INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.