Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Repairs - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Repairs (55657 Views)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself. / Any Experience With Thermocool Generators (after Sales Repairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Smartchoiice:

If you can pay above average

I can pay what he's worth
Re: Repairs by NonFarmPayrol: 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2019
radautoworks:

CV joints and tires checked?

Cv joints are okay based on 3 mechs checks

But tpms. Light is on
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:

Cv joints are okay based on 3 mechs checks

But tpms. Light is on
Hmmm... Can't think of anything but CV joints and tires if the other things you mentioned are good. Would have to see it.
Re: Repairs by amr12: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=83353315]

It depends on if he's at work today. I haven't heard word yet. I'll update later today.[/quote

Good evening, please do you have update on the car?This is day 3 and no diagnosis yet, how long will it take to fix the car then. I brought the car to your workshop so I can get a first class service.

But I am sorry this is not the right way to treat a first time customer.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
[quote author=amr12 post=83375512][/quote]

Hello, I sent you an email before I saw this. The car arrived Saturday after closing when it could not be looked at. The next day Sunday, we are closed. Yesterday was the first day it could have been looked at and my tech was out sick as he was today. As much as I hate to, you may have to pick up the vehicle as I don't know when he will recover. I'd rather do that than have you waiting indefinitely. I apologise for the inconvenience.
Re: Repairs by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
radautoworks:

Hello, I sent you an email before I saw this. The car arrived Saturday after closing when it could not be looked at. The next day Sunday, we are closed. Yesterday was the first day it could have been looked at and my tech was out sick as he was today. As much as I hate to, you may have to pick up the vehicle as I don't know when he will recover. I'd rather do that than have you waiting indefinitely. I apologise for the inconvenience.

wish your outfit well .... seems like you need it
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Smartchoiice:

wish your outfit well .... seems like you need it

Stuff happens. Thanks. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
radautoworks:

Stuff happens. Thanks. smiley

Quite unfortunate you have only one transmission tech..

Hope he is not doing P-P while claiming sick, just the Nigerian in me thinking out loud

1 Like

Re: Repairs by LeJeun3: 11:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
thebigkendo:

Quiet unfortunate you have only one transmission tech..

Hope he is not doing P-P while claiming sick, just the Nigerian in me thinking out loud

Person cannot sick in peace abi?

But on a more serious note, I wonder why people would always think sickness is an escape from a job?!

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:24am On Oct 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Quiet unfortunate you have only one transmission tech..

No, he's not. He has episodes that we've verified. My only issue is when we don't know how long they will last. He's brilliant and a good worker when he's healthy. We have multiple people who can replace but finding a good BUILDER is difficult even overseas. Remember, we put a one year warranty on build jobs.

I don't want to put someone else on it, do a teardown, then find that it's a build job. It's not a good idea switching techs midway on jobs like that.
Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 5:40am On Oct 23, 2019
radautoworks:

No, he's not. He has episodes that we've verified. My only issue is when we don't know how long they will last. He's brilliant and a good worker when he's healthy. We have multiple people who can replace but finding a good BUILDER is difficult even overseas. Remember, we put a one year warranty on build jobs.

I don't want to put someone else on it, do a teardown, then find that it's a build job. It's not a good idea switching techs midway on jobs like that.

Since you can't find a good builder, then you should consider training/upgrading one of your "replacers"
Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 5:48am On Oct 23, 2019
LeJeun3:

Person cannot sick in peace abi?

But on a more serious note, I wonder why people would always think sickness is an escape from a job?!

Well not an escape from a job but just to buy enough time to "private practice" outside the establishment grin grin
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 7:09am On Oct 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Since you can't find a good builder, then you should consider training/upgrading one of your "replacers"

That wouldn't be a problem except Glen is not a transmission builder. That's the only thing he doesn't do. And I haven't found a candidate worth putting the investment in sending overseas to train with our former builder or headquarters. Building is something that takes about 2 years to properly train.

Honestly, we weren't too worried about it because Nigerians seemed so entrenched replacing transmissions instead. We actually didn't have a transmission builder on the team for the first seven or so months. Now we keep getting repair requests so I have to get and find additional builders which takes time. We were going to bring our old one then he ran into problems with ICE. *COUGH*
Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2019
radautoworks:

That wouldn't be a problem except Glen is not a transmission builder. That's the only thing he doesn't do. And I haven't found a candidate worth putting the investment in sending overseas to train with our former builder or headquarters. Building is something that takes about 2 years to properly train.

Honestly, we weren't too worried about it because Nigerians seemed so entrenched replacing transmissions instead. We actually didn't have a transmission builder on the team for the first seven or so months. Now we keep getting repair requests so I have to get and find additional builders which takes time. We were going to bring our old one then he ran into problems with ICE. *COUGH*

I personally think you should be worried.. Remember you established to change the narrative and you also have "Mr transmission" hanging up there...

Sending a Nigerian tech overseas is risky cause local man might disappear, but then I feel you should risk it with the right candidate..

I guess the "old one" is from the other side of the wall grin grin
Re: Repairs by LeJeun3: 8:21am On Oct 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Well not an escape from a job but just to buy enough time to "private practice" outside the establishment grin grin

I read you loud and clear, but it was disheartening when I was employed and called in sick. No one believed because there was this idea that P-P was involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2019
LeJeun3:

I read you loud and clear, but it was disheartening when I was employed and called in sick. No one believed because there was this idea that P-P was involved.

Well.. We are Nigerian.. TBH We are generally very dishonest
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 8:56am On Oct 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

I personally think you should be worried.. Remember you established to change the narrative and you also have "Mr transmission" hanging up there...

Sending a Nigerian tech overseas is risky cause local man might disappear, but then I feel you should risk it with the right candidate..

I guess the "old one" is from the other side of the wall grin grin

We weren't. Now it's a whole thing that's why we brought one on board when we found one we liked. Still looking for one more, maybe two.

Yeaaah, the wall lol... Been there about 35 years but was scared to legitimize because he has family. His daughter graduated college a few years back but helps him repair trannies in her spare time. She could easily have a career in building but then that degree grin
Re: Repairs by LeJeun3: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Well.. We are Nigerian.. TBH We are generally very dishonest

Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2019
radautoworks:

We weren't. Now it's a whole thing that's why we brought one on board when we found one we liked. Still looking for one more, maybe two.

Yeaaah, the wall lol... Been there about 35 years but was scared to legitimize because he has family. His daughter graduated college a few years back but helps him repair trannies in her spare time. She could easily have a career in building but then that degree grin

Hahahaha
Re: Repairs by Eddee(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2019
radautoworks:

My current degrees/certification mean nothing to me, grin grin grin

I am eager to learn, currently possess progressive reading experience in Nairaland cartalk and very ambidextrous. I am also mild-mannered and customer oriented, references are available upon request.
I don't require payment for or after learning, i can sort myself out.

Now that we are done with the formalities.

Can you begin the process of filing a petition with the United States Citizen and Immigration Service (USCIS) on my behalf? You're still a U.S employer yeah?
Or I can be your long lost family member so you can start the process by filing a Form I-130 petition with USCIS on my behalf.

Don't worry your investment in training is guaranteed, we can take the African route if you please grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Repairs by amr12: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
radautoworks:

Hello Madam,

I don't understand how your company is being operated. Why is it difficult to get my car out. I called your office that I will be coming at a particular time and they promise to give the key to the security man only for me to get here now and security claim the key was not dropped. I thought I was going to get a good service so I can recommend you company to my colleagues and friends. However I am just disappointed.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
amr12:

Hello Madam,

I don't understand how your company is being operated. Why is it difficult to get my car out. I called your office that I will be coming at a particular time and they promise to give the key to the security man only for me to get here now and security claim the key was not dropped. I thought I was going to get a good service so I can recommend you company to my colleagues and friends. However I am just disappointed.

Sir, we can't leave keys with security. We closed at 5pm as we always do. Who did you speak with that told you otherwise please?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Hahahaha

What I was afraid of is happening. We can't keep up with the number of cars coming through. I'm going to have to start turning away cars or I will get more complaints about how long it's taking to get to them... Wouldn't be so bad if they were standard jobs but most of what we are getting is what was massively screwed up by others before it got to us and it takes forever to unravel some of the issues. It's crazy how messed up cars here are! And people aren't afraid to drive them around!
Re: Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53am On Oct 24, 2019
radautoworks:

What I was afraid of is happening. We can't keep up with the number of cars coming through . I'm going to have to start turning away cars or I will get more complaints about how long it's taking to get to them... Wouldn't be so bad if they were standard jobs but most of what we are getting is what was massively screwed up by others before it got to us and it takes forever to unravel some of the issues. It's crazy how messed up cars here are! And people aren't afraid to drive them around!

Welcome on board wink
Re: Repairs by LeJeun3: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2019
radautoworks:

What I was afraid of is happening. We can't keep up with the number of cars coming through. I'm going to have to start turning away cars or I will get more complaints about how long it's taking to get to them... Wouldn't be so bad if they were standard jobs but most of what we are getting is what was massively screwed up by others before it got to us and it takes forever to unravel some of the issues. It's crazy how messed up cars here are! And people aren't afraid to drive them around!

It’s just the beginning

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
WE FOUND HER! OUR PERFECT FEMALE TECH! AND SHE MAY BE BETTER THAN ALL MY MALE TECHS grin grin grin

Been doing a happy dance all day!!

LeJeun3, thebigkendo please drink for me!! (I don't drink)
Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
radautoworks:
WE FOUND HER! OUR PERFECT FEMALE TECH! AND SHE MAY BE BETTER THAN ALL MY MALE TECHS grin grin grin

Le.Jeun3, thbigkendo please drink for me!! (I don't drink)

As long as you are paying for the drinks grin grin

So Gold is no longer the only female tech..

Ermmm is Gold married? I want to check something cool
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
thebigkendo:

As long as you are paying for the drinks grin grin

So Gold is no longer the only female tech..

Ermmm is Gold married? I want to check something cool
Na Jamaican rum I go give you.
No, I'm on my way to my dream of half and half. Come ask Gold for diagnosis na lol
Re: Repairs by LeJeun3: 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
radautoworks:

LeJeun3, thebigkendo please drink for me!! (I don't drink)

Oya where una dey....

1 Share

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
LeJeun3:

Oya where una dey....

Welcome to jamrock

1 Like

Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
radautoworks:

Na Jamaican rum I go give you.
No, I'm on my way to my dream of half and half. Come ask Gold for diagnosis na lol

Please tell Gold I am bringing my car for 3D alignment & 25 point check grin

Talking about that Jamaican Rum, I will ask Glen for it when next am at the shop

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Innoson Chukwuma Gifts Rev. Jonas Benson Okoye G80 (2023 Model) - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.