Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? (790 Views)

I Ruined Not Just My Marriage But My Entire Life By Leaving My Husband / Could It Be My Friends That Did This Evil Thing To Me(pics) / What Is Your Relationship Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Easymoney00101(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2019
Was it something that was positive or the other way round, and how did you react?

See more topics @https://jitesblog.com/
Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:14am On Sep 19, 2019
Back when I didn't have a cellphone & all I had was just a boyfriend cheesy The relationship was semi-long distance, so due to the fact that he had no way of contacting me, that meant I had to do all the calling. I spent a lot of my pocket money on those calls, using a public phone.
So anyway, I started noticing that some days he didn't take my calls & when he did, he sounded shady. On the very last call I made to him, he literally whispered down the line & rushed the conversation as if he couldn't wait for it to end. That was a wake up call for me. I knew from that moment, without a shadow of doubt, that he was probably seeing someone else. OK. I ended the call nicely, but in my heart I knew that was the last call he'll ever get from me & I kept my word.

Fastfoward to nearly a year later, I was back in our hometown for the holidays. I knew he was probably spending his holidays with extended family in another town, that's what he usually did, so I had no fear of bumping into him. I don't know how he knew I was in town, but nonetheless he showed up, having spent hours on the road just to iron the issue out. That was the 1st surprise because one, I never thought he cared that much & two, he was stingy grin It costs money to travel between the two towns. The reason for the visit, he wanted to apologize for cheating on me. Yes, cheating on me, so I didn't jump the gun after all! He admitted everything, even things I wasn't aware of. That was the 2nd surprise. He laid it all bare. His honesty was astounding, I almost took him back.

Almost.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Easymoney00101(m): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Back when I didn't have a cellphone & all I had was just a boyfriend cheesy The relationship was semi-long distance, so due to the fact that he had no way of contacting me, that meant I had to do all the calling. I spent a lot of my pocket money on those calls, using a public phone.
So anyway, I started noticing that some days he didn't take my calls & when he did, he sounded shady. On the very last call I made to him, he literally whispered down the line & rushed the conversation as if he couldn't wait for it to end. That was a wake up call for me. I knew from that moment, without a shadow of doubt, that he was probably seeing someone else. OK. I ended the call nicely, but in my heart I knew that was the last call he'll ever get from me & I kept my word.

Fastfoward to nearly a year later, I was back in our hometown for the holidays. I knew he was probably spending his holidays with extended family in another town, that's what he usually did, so I had no fear of bumping into him. I don't know how he knew I was in town, but nonetheless he showed up, having spent hours on the road just to iron the issue out. That was the 1st surprise because one, I never thought he cared that much & two, he was stingy grin It costs money to travel between the two towns. The reason for the visit, he wanted to apologize for cheating on me. Yes, cheating on me, so I didn't jump the gun after all! He admitted everything, even things I wasn't aware of. That was the 2nd surprise. He laid it all bare. His honesty was astounding, I almost took him back.

Almost.
why didn't you take him back
Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
Easymoney00101:
why didn't you take him back

I didn't.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Easymoney00101(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I didn't.
okey

1 Like

Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Apination(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
I'm here to read stories grin
Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Lonelypacifist6: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Almost.
Where did you crawl out from? Have your opinion changed about Nigerians? lemme know now.
Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Where did you crawl out from? Have your opinion changed about Nigerians? lemme know now.

You want my opinion so you can report it when it's not in line with your expectations?
I'm not in the mood for those kind of discussions, so I'll pass. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Lonelypacifist6: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
XhosaNostra:

You want my opinion so you can report it when it's not in line with your expectations?
I'm not in the mood for those kind of discussions, so I'll pass. Thanks.
So you're still pro Xenophobia? When would you change?
Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by XhosaNostra(f): 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
So you're still pro Xenophobia? When would you change?

Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Lonelypacifist6: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
Xenophobic Hoeloshow
Re: What Was Your "That Did Not Just Happen" Moment In Your Relationship? by Easymoney00101(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Xenophobic Hoeloshow
shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Before You Set A Woman Up Financially Make Sure You Have Set Yourself Up First.. / If Your Manhood Rises While Your Bride’s Sisters Twerk On You, You Can’t Marry / Prostitute Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.