Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince (17816 Views)

Poll: Whose rap are u feeling on oleku?

Vector: 38% (21 votes)
Iceprince: 61% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Ice Prince's Oleku Lyrics. / Jesse Jagz Produced Ice Prince's Oleku In 30 Minutes / Have You Listened To Ice Prince's oleku- Hot Or Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by aieromon(m): 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2010
If you don't like Ice Prince's version,it's because you're paying so much attention to the hook.The first thing that caught my ears was the beat.After that,Brymo crushed the song.Trust V.E.C sha.Can't wait to hear his album.
Overall,i give kudos to the beatmeister and the person who has sprung Brymo into limelight again.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by fstranger: 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2010
funkybaby:

lmao. grin

tosin, mofo ni e.
you be number one of all oshi odas.

i dey try post in pidgin. not my thing. hence the error. anyways, i go modify am.

hun hun.,.,.,.,.,.,., sobing.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2010
Funkylove wut is ur name doing on fstranger's signature?
U had beta av a good explanation when u get home!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by funkybaby(f): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2010
fstranger:

hun hun.,.,.,.,.,.,., sobing.

smiley

tosinaded@:

Funkylove wut is your name doing on fstranger's signature?

ok sir. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by yoji: 3:28am On Nov 03, 2010
I really don't see any ground for a fair comparism here. Firstly ice was looking for an audience friendly tune to finally get his career of d ground which he did perfectly. He rhymed in a simplistic way which ensures fan not only singing along but also rapping along. Ice wrote dat chorus,d language is irrelevant, d main thing is he had a mental picture of how he wanted it to sound and was smart euff to identify brymo to deliver it. Besides its usually easier to improve on known material cos its like being given a head start in a race.
The real comparism shud be vectors mainstream attempt track GET DOWN feat 2face against OLEKU!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Genuflect(m): 3:46am On Nov 03, 2010
She peeling the boiled egg She peeling she peeling the boiled egg. Both of the tracks are good as long as the chorus is intact
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Fred87(m): 6:27am On Nov 03, 2010
^^there's nuttin spectacular abt dat song wit 2face d joint is very average,other vibes'll promote him beta.d album aint circulatin fast,anywayz i'm violently waitin, *readyd d 150* to add i wish we had a faciliti for monitoring record sales i wud'v loved to know d head2head album units btw vec nd Od.oyinbo don pass us sha eeeezz
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by googles: 7:07am On Nov 03, 2010
Genuflect:

She peeling the boiled egg She peeling she peeling the boiled egg.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by montelik(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2010
yoji:

I really don't see any ground for a fair comparism here. Firstly ice was looking for an audience friendly tune to finally get his career of d ground which he did perfectly. He rhymed in a simplistic way which ensures fan not only singing along but also rapping along. Ice wrote dat chorus,d language is irrelevant, d main thing is he had a mental picture of how he wanted it to sound and was smart euff to identify brymo to deliver it. Besides its usually easier to improve on known material cos its like being given a head start in a race.
The real comparism shud be vectors mainstream attempt track GET DOWN feat 2face against OLEKU!

Well said.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2010
Same hook,same beat different rappers. . . . .who did beta wiv the rap?

offcourse there is a basis 4 comparison

1 Like

Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2010
Same hook,same beat different rappers. . . . .who did beta wiv the rap?

offcourse there is a basis 4 comparison
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by semid4lyfe(m): 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2010
If una wan compare both artistes. . .compare their mainstream tracks "kilode" and "oleku"
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Genuflect(m): 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
semid4lyfe:

If una wan compare both artistes. . .compare their mainstream tracks "kilode" and "oleku"
Kilode can't stand Oleku nao
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by fstranger: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

Funkylove wut is your name doing on fstranger's signature?

A ti toje bo olosa lowo, oku baba baba eni to ma bo!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2010
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by semid4lyfe(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2010
Genuflect:

Exactly my point so Vector can't stand Ice Prince grin

Case closed and thread locked!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Rhymstein(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2010
oleku is jst better dan vector's kilode cos of d hook n d kind of pop beat they spat on.lyricwise Vector's kilode better pass dat oleku.no contest

WTF is

Am so interesting/
dats y they say am d nxt thing

does dis line make sense? U r d nxt thing cos u r so interesting *SMH*
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by pheesayor(m): 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Topic

I prefer Vector's, his version is even being aired more now
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by pheesayor(m): 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2010
and let's not forget the illest lines on d trak is "Sesi I see you my Nigga!"

what me I heard is Stacy I see you my Nigga grin grin grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by chyk91(m): 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2010
i prefers ice prince version
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Basseti: 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2010
Dude sounds like MI undecided
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Genuflect(m): 12:50am On Nov 04, 2010
Genuflect:

I feel Oleku is a better track. Doesn't mean Ice Prince is a better rapper than Vector
Rhymstein:

oleku is jst better dan vector's kilode cos of d hook n d kind of pop beat they spat on.lyricwise Vector's kilode better pass dat oleku.no contest

WTF is

Am so interesting/
dats y they say am d nxt thing

does dis line make sense? U r d nxt thing cos u r so interesting *SMH*
Duhhh. Next thing to blow. Plus cut him some slack, that's what the ladies want to hear
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by chyk91(m): 1:07am On Nov 04, 2010
most def, oleku is far better than kilode, but i dunno who is better btw ice and vec.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Bamsyle2(m): 1:08am On Nov 04, 2010
Both catz exhibited totally different flows . . .

Vec wrapped his flows all around the beat like an octopus . . . and as Funky noted, he was filling up all 'em spaces in between with ad libs . . . but they got too much IMO . . . It'd have been better with a few words dropped intermittently here n there . . . it's a rap song, the ad libs shouldn't be dragging space with the raps.

Ice Prince kinda let the beat slide by . . . his flows were dropped like he was teasing a chick but wouldn't poke her , he left the beat crying out for more.

That said, I give both dudes their merits . . . but Ice Prince cuts this for me - he's one of ma fave Naija rappers so I might be bit biased here . . . he's not been on the scene for so long but since his cut on M.I's "Blaze", I'd always known this dude would go far . . .

I fail to see how he sounds 'elementary' compared to Vec here . . . agreed that Vec rode roughshod on the beat but I kinda feel Ice Prince just chose to lace the beat with a basic flow . . . did y'all notice that he was kickin' a near-even syllabic structure all through his verses?? He reminds me of Eminem's "3am" . . . and maybe it's his style but I remember how he flowed on Ruggedman's "She n My Swagger" - basic but I daresay he delivered better than Rugged . . . Zamani didn't run outta flows - seems like a deliberate move to me . . .

Also, Ice had some pretty decent lines if y'all listen carefully . . . he wasn't tryna go into all 'em complex wordplay and highly convoluted meanings . . . just simply profound but profoundly simple stuff that you'll almost miss if listened to in a hurry (tell me a "fat n shapeless" account doesn't make you let out a giggle) . . . and mess the foregoing, I just kick with him cos overall, he had a more 'fundamental' sound . . .

My vote - Ice Prince Zamani.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by chyk91(m): 2:13am On Nov 04, 2010
@ bamsyle
i agree wit u, ice made dat song, vec just rode on the popularity, to me this is no compparism at all. ice does it
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by A40(m): 4:40am On Nov 04, 2010
Haa wetin una dey yarn for here nau?? Vector's raps where better to the nth degree!! i have always suspected he was the better rapper and this song has more or less proven it at least till they get on the same track together and Ice Prince JF.Kills him

And to those that said Vector did not ride that beat?? I laugh in craw craw grin grin

Basseti:

Dude sounds like MI undecided
Lol you need to pass the dutchie pon the left hand side
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Genuflect(m): 4:51am On Nov 04, 2010
^^^It's true. All the Choc Boys sound alike. Even Ice Prince admitted it
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by A40(m): 5:40am On Nov 04, 2010
Genuflect:

^^^It's true. All the Choc Boys sound alike. Even Ice Prince admitted it
Silly me! I thought he was talking about Vector.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 8:52am On Nov 04, 2010
Just listened to iceprince on rythm fm,he actually confirmed that he wrote the hook of the song
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Genuflect(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2010
tosinaded@:

Just listened to iceprince on rythm fm,he actually confirmed that he wrote the hook of the song
You see your life? And una wan cut pesin prick because im yan am? O ma she o
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2010
Am sori buh i dnt biliv he wrote the yoruba hook period. . . .
There's a diff btwn explaining the concept of how u want ur chorus and writing it. . .
How can iceprince write yoruba hooks?

If he wrote in english and braimoh laced it in yoruba,then credit goes to braimoh! Cos the hook wnt even be this good if twas done in english!
The yoruba flavour in it makes it so catchy.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Genuflect(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2010
Tosin cool down. Music is not that simple. I'm not saying Ice wrote the Yoruba hook, but he must have come up with the melody and some of the lyrics. And Brymo tweaked some lines and delivered it properly. Both of em deserve praise for that hook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Brown – Questions Download (luvmp) / Da Grin Vs Lord of Ajasa / Davido’s “assurance Falz’s “this Is Nigeria” Lead Nigerian Songs Released In May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.