Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince (17810 Views)

Poll: Whose rap are u feeling on oleku?

Vector: 38% (21 votes)
Iceprince: 61% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Ice Prince's Oleku Lyrics. / Jesse Jagz Produced Ice Prince's Oleku In 30 Minutes / Have You Listened To Ice Prince's oleku- Hot Or Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2010
Ok the first time i heard oleku, the Original IcePrince version, i got so hooked on the chorus that i didnt even need to pay attention to the rap by iceprince! The chorus is so good that even without any rap on it, it would still be a hit. in a nut shell, Braimoh killed it. . . . . . . i later listened to ice's bars on the song, and it sounded elementary IMO.

then came Vector with a remake, first i was like wtf? no1 can lay a verse on that song that will topple Braimoh's shine!
buh vector almost did that, his multies and wordplay just made Iceprince look lazy on hs own track.

what do u guys think?

Oleku - Iceprince
http://www.4shared.com/audio/w2HB7icj/Oleku-Ice-Prince-Ft-Brymo.htm

Oleku - Vector
http://www.4shared.com/audio/HpL34Lfy/Oleku_-_Vector.htm
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by eldee(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2010
I heard V.E.C's verses, it's kinda insulting to the whole Choc City.
If I were Ice Prince, I'd do a remix with M.I, Jagz and Vector and them kill him on it. grin grin

Vector's flow just makes Ice Prince sound like erm . . . Modenine grin grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by googles: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2010
I like Vector's version more. . . his version is more catchy and groovy

tell me shawty wey i no fit screw
grin grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2010
am A list now, i cannot B you
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by eleshin(m): 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2010
'its V.E.C,yes i turn d party 2 a Indecency movie'
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by eleshin(m): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2010
'its V.E.C yes i turn d party to a p.orno movie'
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by semid4lyfe(m): 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2010
I prefer Ice Prince's version. He had a flow & delivery which was more in sync with the beat IMO.

Vector's version was only better on wordplay.

Overall. . .na Ice Prince win grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Lalateeza(f): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2010
anyone has Brymo - shorty mp3? thanks
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Fred87(m): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2010
@eldee.wat has d topic got2 do wit mode9,if u continue lyk dis,in d words of tosinadeda 'u'll neva blow' @topic most remake are always beta cos u're improvin it(original).ice's verse rockd more wit d beat i'll go wit v.e.c.eeeezz
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2010
Fred u dey vex o!
Eldee na the bomb,em parents na the terrorist. . . .
So em go everly blow(the other way) .lmao
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by frijos(m): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2010
Vector's state of suprise dropped on Friday 29th Oct. 2010. It shud be in full circulation by now. "Oye Mi ti de po see (C) You (U) Pastor David Oyedepo owns C.U convenant University. Vector is sick with word play yo!

1 Like

Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by frijos(m): 10:51am On Nov 01, 2010
and let's not forget the illest lines on d trak is "Sesi I see you my Nigga!" wink
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by lawyerchap(m): 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2010
For me, the best part of that song is the hook. For the fact that Ice Prince wrote that hook, he wins this one by a mile. Plus, Vector is just trying to ride the coattails of a big song to gain (more) popularity, and that lowers him in my estimation. He's a fantastic lyricist no doubt and i am totally in awe of his skills, but he could have done without this cheap attempt at one-upmanship.

Lalateeza:

anyone has Brymo - shorty mp3? thanks

Here you go.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/4wpFmckD/Brymo_-_Shawty.html
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
How can a guy who is hausa and dsnt undastand yoruba,write a yoruba hook?

I bow 4 u o
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2010

I bow 4 u o
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by teemoe(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2010
i told people, ice prince was very ordinary on the track, brymo made us fall in love with it.

now vector did wat ice prince should have done, i prefer vectors version by far, ice needs to be more intelligent with his wordplays,
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by lawyerchap(m): 10:04am On Nov 02, 2010
tosinaded@:

I bow 4 u o

You should bow for the intelligence of a guy who is hausa and doesn't undastand yoruba but can write a yoruba hook. This is not speculation. Ice Prince wrote the hook. Ask Brymo himself.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2010
Oga leave story abeg!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by D1KeleVra(m): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2010
er! who's got the oleku instrumental?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by semid4lyfe(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2010
lawyerchap:

You should bow for the intelligence of a guy who is hausa and doesn't undastand yoruba but can write a yoruba hook. This is not speculation. Ice Prince wrote the hook. Ask Brymo himself.
Pray, tell. . .how is this possible? grin

Or did he write in English and got it translated into yoruba?

1 Like

Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2010
And the holy spirit came down on iceprince,he took a pen and a paper and started writing in yoruba tongue!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by mr100: 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2010
tosinaded@:

And the holy spirit came down on iceprince,he took a pen and a paper and started writing in yoruba tongue!

lwkm
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by lawyerchap(m): 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Pray, tell. . .how is this possible? grin

Or did he write in English and got it translated into yoruba?

Of course he wrote it in English and it was translated to yoruba. Does it even need explaining?

He wrote it in english, had it translated entirely into yoruba, then picked out what should be sung in english and what should be sung in yoruba, thus creating perhaps the best hook we will hear this year.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2010
Am shocked at the level of ur intelligence! Are u sure ure a lawyer?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by funkybaby(f): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2010
tosinaded@:

Am shocked at the level of your intelligence! Are u sure ure a lawyer?

tosin !!!

onijogbon ni e  angry angry
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2010
Am shocked at the level of ur intelligence! Are u sure ure a lawyer?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by eldee(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2010
Fred87:

@eldee.wat has d topic got2 do wit mode9,if u continue lyk dis,in d words of tosinadeda 'u'll neva blow'

Oponu!!!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by funkybaby(f): 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2010
@ post

personally, i think its Brymo that deserves all the credit for making the song a huge hit. His vocals are just spot on.

That said, i prefer Vector's version.  Vector murdered it  grin grin grin

I like his wordplay and the way he kept dropping lines in between/overlapping  the chorus.

tell me shawty wey i no fit screw  grin grin grin Classic !!

As a marra of fact, i rarely listen to the original version again. I have Vector's version on continous replay.  kiss

frijos:

and let's not forget the illest lines on d trak is "Sesi I see you my Nigga!"  wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin

sesi, vector suppose hail you pass that one oh.

you really 'marketed' the guy seriously on this forum.
how can we forget your several threads and posts. . . . all on vector.  grin

na from your threads i first hear about Vector.  smiley
Good to see that the guy don blow. Your own turn too go soon come  wink

1 Like

Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by semid4lyfe(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2010
funkybaby:
@ post
personally, i think its Brymo that deserves all the credit for making the song a huge hit. His vocals are just spot on.
True!

That said, i prefer Vector's version.  Vector murdered it  grin grin grin

I like his wordplay and the way he kept dropping lines in between/overlapping  the chorus.

tell me shawty wey i no fit screw  grin grin grin Classic !!

Vector was so fixated on wordplays that he forgot about the beat and let it go to "VI" while his flow headed in the direction of "Ikeja".

Unlike Ice Prince (who rode the beat from start to finish), he didn't ride the beat well which was a big minus for me. Wetin be the use of wordplays, metaphoricals & multies if it ain't in sync with the beat?

Vec took out the "music" factor from the song. Musically, Ice Prince's version is better, will be jammed more on radio, by the streetz and in clubs.

1 Like

Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2010
funkybaby:

na from your threads i first heard about Vector.  smiley
Good to see that the guy don blow. Your own turn too go soon come  wink

Jesu christi, see #GBAGAUN
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by funkybaby(f): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Unlike Ice Prince (who rode the beat from start to finish), he didn't ride the beat well which was a big minus for me. Wetin be the use of wordplays, metaphoricals & multies if it ain't in sync with the beat?

Vectors lines were not in sync with the beat   Are you kidding me?

Guy, did you listen to the song at all  
Vector was spot on with his flow. And yes, it was totally in sync with the beat

semid4lyfe:

Vec took out the "music" factor from the song. Musically, Ice Prince's version is better, will be jammed more on radio, by the streetz and in clubs.

Wrong !
Vector's version is also enjoying massive airplay.

Most DJs now play the original first followed by Vector's version or vice versa.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by funkybaby(f): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2010
tosinaded@:

Jesu christi, see #GBAGAUN

lmao.  grin

tosin, mofo ni e.
you be number one of all oshi odas.

i dey try post in pidgin. not my thing. hence the error. anyways, i go modify am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Da Grin Vs Lord of Ajasa / Davido’s “assurance Falz’s “this Is Nigeria” Lead Nigerian Songs Released In May / Lessons To Learn From Tonto Dikeh’s Music Adventure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.