Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince (17815 Views)

Poll: Whose rap are u feeling on oleku?

Vector: 38% (21 votes)
Iceprince: 61% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Ice Prince's Oleku Lyrics. / Jesse Jagz Produced Ice Prince's Oleku In 30 Minutes / Have You Listened To Ice Prince's oleku- Hot Or Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by dawhizkid1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
Genuflect:

^^^It's true. All the Choc Boys sound alike. Even Ice Prince admitted it

that's sumtin i don't like about Ice Prince! he dey force homself to dey sound like MI. That's why i still prefer his old songs, song he did b4 overkilling remix.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by slimshay(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
Hehehe and Tosin wan kee person when he talk say na Zamani write the hook. . . lol.

And to the person asking what the dealie is about

I'm interesting, dats why they say I'm the next thing

. . . or there about, it is called multisyllabic rhyming just as Bamsyle has pointed out.

This was intended to be pop. And from all indications has hit the bulls eye.

As to comparisons fair or unfair, which self respecting rapper will come weaker on a remix?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
Blame it on ignorance!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Rhymstein(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2010
usin muities mean say u no go make sense?

How does been interesting make u d next thing to blow?

The lines dnt connect jor
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by lawyerchap(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
tosinaded@:

Just listened to iceprince on rythm fm,he actually confirmed that he wrote the hook of the song

@Tosinaded@
Waiting for my apology,  undecided whistling with arms folded and tapping right foot impatiently

Genuflect:

She peeling the boiled egg She peeling she peeling the boiled egg. Both of the tracks are good as long as the chorus is intact

She feeling the boy yeah, she feeling she feeling the boy yeah.

Get a load of this. Apparently it's open season on the Oleku beat.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/1DRDiKh8/Oleku_ReMIX_-_LoKei__Yung_Vim.html
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2010
apology sent. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Bamsyle2(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2010
Rhymstein:

usin muities mean say u no go make sense?

How does been interesting make u d next thing to blow?

The lines dnt connect jor

You don't have to sound like Canibus or Nas in the early 90s all the time to be a rapper . . .

When you listen to the whole verse carefully, you'll observe that Ice Prince was just 'phucking around' on that song . . . it's not the kinda song you listen to, expecting to hear Socrates . . .

And to the connection between "interesting" & "next thing", they could very well connect if you think it out -

"J.Cole sounds so interesting on a track/J.Cole is the next thing in Rap" . . . don't be so hard on Ice Prince Mr Rhymstein  smiley

slimshay:

As to comparisons fair or unfair, which self respecting rapper will come weaker on a remix?

I seriously doubt it too - a 'remixing' rapper's performance has gotta be 300% better than the original dude to catch ma attention . . . but I ain't even looking strictly from this angle, just that both catz held it down well, and selecting one above the other depends on how carefully you listened to understand what each one was tryna do.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Rhymstein(m): 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
@bamsyle
i lyk chiddybang,his lyrix aint complex.and i aint hard on d guy jor,if i was,i for dig plenty lines na,i was just sayin vectors presentation(kilode) was better dan wot ice was sayin on oleku.And he wasnt complex too,he went str8 to d point
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by slimshay(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2010
Rhymstein I believe Bamsyle has explain how its is not irrational to think being interesting even on features makes you the next thing.

You can run a fine tooth comb through hus lyrics, but that doesn't take away the fact that song was dumbed down for mass appeal. And you can definitely see the results. Can't you?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Basseti: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2010
Genuflect:

^^^It's true. All the Choc Boys sound alike. Even Ice Prince admitted it

I have to admit that I am not so much into the Naija music industry but when I heard the flow, I was like is this anutha MI

Makes sense to me that they all come from the same camp just like Weezy and the young money crew. Buncha nonsense, how do U make a name for urself when u are trying to sound like ur boss, y waste ur time listening to a clone when u can listen to the real deal at the same price. I heard Tyga of young money on Deuces and I wept for his solo career.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2010
I weep 4 anyone who judges a rapper by the voice and not the content
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Basseti: 2:27am On Nov 06, 2010
If u are aspiring to be a rapper and peeps say u sound like some contemporary rapper, my friend, I suggest u should hold onto ur day job.

Besides, who listens to lyrics these days 'nyways, ( grin) if the beat is tight and the chorus is catchy, u are topping the charts. Go ask Weezy
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by dawhizkid1(m): 8:38am On Nov 06, 2010
lawyerchap:

@Tosinaded@
Waiting for my apology, undecided whistling with arms folded and tapping right foot impatiently

She feeling the boy yeah, she feeling she feeling the boy yeah.

Get a load of this. Apparently it's open season on the Oleku beat.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/1DRDiKh8/Oleku_ReMIX_-_LoKei__Yung_Vim.html

bros, abeg you fit hustle the beat for me, thanks!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by lawyerchap(m): 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2010
da-whizkid:

bros, abeg you fit hustle the beat for me, thanks!

I go try. But after the 'One Naira' leak, those guys are wary of everyone. But gimme till like wednesday and i should have it for you.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by yoji: 6:22am On Nov 07, 2010
I weep for anyone who judges a rapper wit one or twwo weak lines. Every single rapper out there has those which frankly is inevitible if u intend to make a career out of rapping. Its about d quality of d song or album as a whole.
Mode 9 said sumtin about takin blind dogs(or was it cops?) to a crime fight. This line is senseless but doesn't make him wack cos of wat we know he can do.
Same applies to sauce-baff up go toilet! Even pac biggie and jigga have a few weak lines here and there.
Besides dat ice prince line can make sense. Cos to be d next best thing in many cases, u have to generate some form of buzz a.k.a interest, which makes u interesting.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by yoji: 6:29am On Nov 07, 2010
Since u want micro-analysis of rappers line to discredit them then why allow this vec's line go scot free- in champion remix he said sumtin about bein hotter than a stove. U and I know a stove is only hot wen its in use therefore that line is weak and doesn't connect.
Beta leave ice p o!
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Rhymstein(m): 9:31am On Nov 07, 2010
@yoji
u r just myopic n a bitter fan.read bamsyl analysis n tell me it wasnt forced.i jst let sleepin dogs lie.

and tell me where ice proved his lyrical prowess in wordplay n shit lyk dat consiatently.i like how straight to d point he is.he keeps it real wit him.how m.i paved d way n how he wld take it further.i like his rhyme allignment xcept dis track.

u said one weak line,i go type plenty jst now,if u misyarn
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by dawhizkid1(m): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2010
lawyerchap:

I go try. But after the 'One Naira' leak, those guys are wary of everyone. But gimme till like wednesday and i should have it for you.

Thanks Mahn, I'l b expecting it. . .
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by ajasa4link: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
Anybody got the lyrics of the 2 versions?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by ajasa4link: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
Anybody got the lyrics of the 2 versions?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by aldon: 12:07am On Nov 09, 2010
Me thinks vector nd iceprince r incomparable. .there is a great difference btw an original credible emcee nd a street corner freestyling jigga wannabe.iceprince gave a rendition dat suits d song wit swt melody while vector threw som average punches nd failed 2 giv d song a perfect blend wiv his annoying noisy accent.infact i had 2 delete vector's version after a couple of listen.any stan who says vector's version is groovy must b sick in d brain. . plus iceprince freestyled way better than vector on jimmy's jump off.so its glaring dat vector aint a match 4 d gifted jtown finest lyricist ICEPRINCE ZAMANI #shikena
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Rhymstein(m): 5:27am On Nov 09, 2010
@aldon
i c u re still as deluded as ever

so ice didnt ve weak punches.

u re using jimmy jump off to judge ryt.do i need to remind u dat rugged jjimmy jump off was woefull and he is d best in ur books.

this oleku.na brymo b d niggah.vectors effort didnt change anything

giv vectors album a listen n let me hear u say ice is bera.

vectors track wit tuface bera pass oleku jor.sweet music

and OD's album is gud
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by dawhizkid1(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2010
do i need to remind u dat[b] rugged[/b] jjimmy jump off was woefull and he is d best in your books.

Wetin Con Concern Rugged for this issue?
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Bamsyle2(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2010
Rhymstein:

@yoji
u r just myopic n a bitter fan.read bamsyl analysis n tell me it wasnt forced.i jst let sleepin dogs lie.

and tell me where ice proved his lyrical prowess in wordplay n poo lyk dat consiatently.i like how straight to d point he is.he keeps it real wit him.how m.i paved d way n how he wld take it further.i like his rhyme allignment xcept dis track.

u said one weak line,i go type plenty jst now,if u misyarn

Dude what the f[/i]cu[i]k is wrong with you these days?? You used to argue more intelligently than what you spew nowadays . . .

I fail to see how you can't see a connect between "interesting" and "next thing" in Ice Prince's context . . . for the umpteenth time, Zamani wasn't tryna be a Canibus but he still made sense with that line - even on a peripheral level.

If all you wanna do here is analyze the lyrical weight in Ice Prince's every line, mucus and urine, you have a lot of work in your hands and I wish you good luck whilst you're at it. I've said it time and again and I'll say it here again - Music, even Rap, ain't always about extraterrestrial lyrics, whatever happened to Rhythm, Structure, Rhyme, Melody, Tone, Vocal Rendition . . . etc??
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by eldee(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Dude what the f[/i]cu[i]k is wrong with you these days?? You used to argue more intelligently than what you spew nowadays . . .

Joker . . . give me a link to prove this. grin grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Bamsyle2(m): 10:41am On Nov 09, 2010
eldee:

Joker . . . give me a link to prove this. grin grin

grin grin

You dey craze . . .

Ok, paraphrased "You used to argue a lil bit more intelligently . . ." grin grin

Anyways, the most posts I've seen from Rhymstein were in the Mode 9 threads and I thot he was just ok undecided
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tosinaded(m): 11:08am On Nov 09, 2010
The only time rhymstein has made sense,was when he stole a tweet from twitter! Genuflect is my witness
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by slimshay(m): 11:15am On Nov 09, 2010
Rhymstein:

@aldon
i c u re still as deluded as ever
so ice didnt ve weak punches.
u re using jimmy jump off to judge ryt.do i need to remind u dat rugged jjimmy jump off was woefull and he is d best in your books.
this oleku.na brymo b d niggah.vectors effort didnt change anything
giv vectors album a listen n let me hear u say ice is bera.
vectors track wit tuface bera pass oleku jor.sweet music
and OD's album is gud

Rhymstein, why are you all over the place like dis nah undecided grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by eldee(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2010
tosinaded@:

The only time rhymstein has made sense,was when he stole a tweet from twitter! Genuflect is my witness

Hehehe . . . now you're talking, that negro doesn't even know how to use space bar grin grin

Bamsyle.:

You dey craze . . .

Ok, paraphrased "You used to argue a lil bit more intelligently . . ." grin grin

Anyways, the most posts I've seen from Rhymstein were in the Mode 9 threads and I thot he was just ok undecided

I'm sorry but erm . . . did you just say intelligently and refer to Rhymstein in the same breath??
You must be Chris Rock in disguise grin grin
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by tundedanie: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2010
tink brymo made the song not ice p
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by Bamsyle2(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2010
eldee:

I'm sorry but erm . . . did you just say intelligently and refer to Rhymstein in the same breath??
You must be Chris Rock in disguise grin grin

shocked shocked Are you this vile?? How can you say any human has no iota of intelligence?? grin

But honestly, Rhymstein sef dey fall my hand . . . with what I've been seeing so far, I can't even defend him on this one.
Re: The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince by eldee(m): 11:54am On Nov 09, 2010
Bamsyle.:

shocked shocked Are you this vile?? How can you say any human has no iota of intelligence?? grin

But honestly, Rhymstein sef dey fall my hand . . . with what I've been seeing so far, I can't even defend him on this one.

Dude . . . don't take my word for it, ask anyone else.
It's not his fault though, he's a nice guy, but just one that lacks the ability to think beyond the level expected of a toddler.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Brown – Questions Download (luvmp) / Da Grin Vs Lord of Ajasa / Portable Ft. Bobrisky - Brotherhood Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.