Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen (41661 Views)

Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets / Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Scores Fastest Goal In Belgian League (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by WriterNig: 8:23am On Sep 21, 2019
Victor Osimhen has opened up about his grass to grace story in the city of Lagos.

In his latest interview with BBC Osimhen revealed how tough it was for him growing up as a child. The Super Eagles striker, who has already scored five goals in Ligue 1 this season for Lille, said he once hawked sachet water on the streets of Lagos when he just seven-years-old.

“I came from a very poor background, seven children and I was the last born. I lost my mom at the age of six and it was very difficult for my family because my dad also lost his job around that period. So I was forced to go out and get myself a life.

“In Lagos, they sell water (bottle or sachet) which is the easiest, but the hardest because you have to run and give somebody the water and collect money.

“It wasn’t easy, but I had to do it and that set my path in which I will never give up in life no matter the situation or where I am and that gave me the zeal and momentum no matter what life throws at me.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/osimhen-i-sold-pure-water-on-lagos-streets/amp/

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by universaltv: 8:38am On Sep 21, 2019
Wattt
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by fernandez1(m): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2019
But now u are able to afford a house in banana island....Thank God, always respect humanity cos nobody knows tomorrow

217 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Tuoyofelix(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Everyone has his or her humble beginnings. The point is not to let pride crawl in after been uplifted by God. I love this Guy's humility.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by superior1: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2019
Thank God your hustle paid out

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by iamboladee: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2019
Thank God for life wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by jclassiq(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2019
Glory be to God in the highest

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by ifex370(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2019
Humble thyself and God shall lift you up in due Season

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by abbasajao(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2019
This is becoming stale na. So every successful persons now sell water and wood previously ?

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by RexTramadol1: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2019
And then came God!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Bankalert(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2019
Thank God for your success story... It can only get better... The only way I know is up

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2019
continue d lie, we dey listen
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by thanmho05: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2019
Life is even tougher now

4 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Authoreety: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2019
Dts serious
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Sunsets: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2019
You look it though. Your in field tantrums are a testimony. Congrats bro; you beat poverty to it.
WriterNig:
Victor Osimhen has opened up about his grass to grace story in the city of Lagos.

In his latest interview with BBC Osimhen revealed how tough it was for him growing up as a child. The Super Eagles striker, who has already scored five goals in Ligue 1 this season for Lille, said he once hawked sachet water on the streets of Lagos when he just seven-years-old.

“I came from a very poor background, seven children and I was the last born. I lost my mom at the age of six and it was very difficult for my family because my dad also lost his job around that period. So I was forced to go out and get myself a life.

“In Lagos, they sell water (bottle or sachet) which is the easiest, but the hardest because you have to run and give somebody the water and collect money.

“It wasn’t easy, but I had to do it and that set my path in which I will never give up in life no matter the situation or where I am and that gave me the zeal and momentum no matter what life throws at me.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/osimhen-i-sold-pure-water-on-lagos-streets/amp/

2 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by davillian(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2019
I respect people who came from the bottom to the top....
Give hands to as many people as you can.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Ikegift4real(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2019
I'll have to believe you bro because about 50% of Nigerians live below the poverty scale. These stories are real. Many folks are just too lucky n don't know what others pass through to success.
To all them legit hustlers keep it real you would soon share yours and children of hate will not believe u. smiley

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by frankblinkz(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2019
I can confidently tell you this,NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT,do ur best and leave the rest for God

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Femijohn198: 9:14am On Sep 21, 2019
life is not about drinking sniper when things fall apart,life is about knowing who you are and believe tomorrow will be alright.

14 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by ursullalinda(f): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2019
wink thank God u made it can't wait to give my own story

2 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Rebuke: 9:14am On Sep 21, 2019
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
continue d lie, we dey listen

lie? For what exactly? I don't see sense in yhur comment Sir.

This should jst serve as a lesson to those commitin suicide that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't see why anyone especially, a guy like him will be telling lies about his humble past. He is now made and doesn't need yhu or anyone's sympathy to be rich.......he's an encouragement to the depressed and lazy ones looking for the easy way out.

Most rich people were once very poor just that most of them will not open up on their humble background.

14 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by BrutalJab: 9:15am On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:
This is becoming stale na. So every successful persons now sell water and wood previously ?

Just shut up if you have nothing reasonable to say.

Nobody forced you to enter this thread. Frustrated Nigerian yoot

20 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 9:16am On Sep 21, 2019
why is it that the ones who get fame and wealth always tell us that they came from a poor background?

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Tweetums(f): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2019
Everyone has his or her story... Stop Bobo us

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by NonFarmPayrol: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2019
its the life

Bro

everyone has a story

except maybe the ajebo
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Ikegift4real(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
why is it that the ones who get fame and wealth always tell us that they came from a poor background?
60% of Nigerians are under the poverty line bro, so get in touch with reality niggi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by UdyOgwoUde(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2019
I started with one cup of rice and three seeds of beans, now I have the biggest restaurant. - Motivational Speaker.

I used to hawk pure water on the highway, life was tough then. - Nigeria Celebrities

5 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Auxtin85(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2019
The result of not giving up

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Showed Off His Incredible Physique In New Photo / The U.J Esuene Stadium In Calabar Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) / 20-Year-Old Joseph Minala Called Up By Cameroon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.