Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen (41681 Views)

Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets / Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Scores Fastest Goal In Belgian League (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
why is it that the ones who get fame and wealth always tell us that they came from a poor background?

100 million Nigerians live in extreme poverty. Why is it a surprise to you? Wake up to reality.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by herich(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:

by 60% do you mean to tell me that you are also under the so called poverty line?
so all those pipu whwn they queue up 4 atm still dey under the poverty line
abi you mean to tell me that you once hawked pure water?

You're not still making sence.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by WildChild00(m): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:
This is becoming stale na. So every successful persons now sell water and wood previously ?

It's to inspire you bro....
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Blinkers: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Most of them formulate such stories. Everyone forming humble beginning. It's getting stale. If you check well his background might be financially bouyant.

It's his story, not your own pathetic story.

Who gives a fûck about what you think?

You are not as successful as he is and may never reach his status with your level of crass ignorance.

Those who need the message for motivation have picked it and moved on.

Some Nigerians always creating issues where it doesn't exist.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Blinkers: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:

by 60% do you mean to tell me that you are also under the so called poverty line?
so all those pipu whwn they queue up 4 atm still dey under the poverty line
abi you mean to tell me that you once hawked pure water?

You are slow.

Your education is a waste. That's if you are even educated because you don't sound like one.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2019
you mentioned some bad apples but what about yusuf and zahra buhari? Even if we dont like their father, they are far from useless[/quote]

In summary, a child's upbringing is 20% influence from home and the rest are the society he finds himself. Even when the child is modest, the society reminds him of the affluence of his parents. From school teachers fail to discipline but rather pallys the kid to garner favor. Even in church he is treated differently. He actually puts in 30% effort to get what average kids put in 100% to get. The kids you mentioned, me and you knows they are not productive, after the ill gotten wealth that might last their lifetime reality sets in. The trumps grew up as normal kids where your parents are at liberty to will their property to opharnages. So growing up you strife to be independent unlike our society that wills in some cases are not executed. When a child feels secured in the present and in future, orcams razor sets in. If I have 1b naira as i type, i wouldn't work again. If a kid is sure of 1b naira on fathers demise, he will even kill his father earlier. All have said are not 100% exact but the exception is few. Look around you while growing up and tell me all the children of the rich then are successful but rather its the kids of the poor that are buying off the properties of the former rich families. Today's a good day, i dont write on social media, another exception. Thanks for reading

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Heineken(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2019
May God help.. Seriously it's not easy. Just this morning I sat down and thought of people committing suicide. Imagine since 2014 that I did my nysc till now no job. Can't boast of 1k in my account. I come dey think for how long I go continue this way.... I dey pity myself Sha. People are suffering more than this....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2019
Blinkers:

You are slow.

Your education is a waste. That's if you are even educated because you don't sound like one.
you wanna know what else is a waste?
your existence!
yes you been on earth is a simple waste
i bet a dog has accomplished more things in life that you
trust me when i say that i never wanted to insult you
but you called 4 it and i gat to deliver

speaking of me been slow?
i`ll love to see what your speed has helped you with apart from posting trash

this is what happens when 4g networks fall on the hands of low lifeforms like you
now try to quote me

that`s if you dare

wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2019
DocH:

100 million Nigerians live in extreme poverty. Why is it a surprise to you? Wake up to reality.
define poverty!
e be like say u never experience am nai make you dey talk like small pikin
so if you call this poverty what will you now call people leaving in a war-torn country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by BENEAMATA: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=NIGERIAJAGAJAGA post=82426312]continue d lie, we dey listen[/no be lie oh ! Na for go slow shearer, him manager see am .
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 11:36am On Sep 21, 2019
herich:

You're not still making sence.
i see
so you are the one that is making ``sence`` abi
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by solonnachi: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2019
So Ndidi and Osimhen were hawking Lagos one time. l get hope ooo. Oluwa pick my call
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by segun18(m): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2019
Let God be praised!
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by BRATISLAVA: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:
This is becoming stale na. So every successful persons now sell water and wood previously ?

I wonder. So nobody was born rich? As if the world is filled with so many poor people. Even dangote will tell you how he hawked groundnut cakes in the deserts of Kebbi so that we will say he's humble. It's truly stale now.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by BRATISLAVA: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
why is it that the ones who get fame and wealth always tell us that they came from a poor background?

Some of them the firewood they will tell you they carried, everyone in the village was fetching it like them.

But come on, is everyone born poor or why do they all make these claims? So you can only get successful if you were poor? They shud tell that to the queen of England
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by BRATISLAVA: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:

you wanna know what else is a waste?
your existence!
yes you been on earth is a simple waste
i bet a dog has accomplished more things in life that you
trust me when i say that i never wanted to insult you
but you called 4 it and i gat to deliver

speaking of me been slow?
i`ll love to see what your speed has helped you with apart from posting trash

this is what happens when 4g networks fall on the hands of low lifeforms like you
now try to quote me

that`s if you dare

wink

People like that think they are more positive than the world. If you ask questions they say you are a hater. In their mind if you don't have more money than the person you cannot talk. Foolish ego. Every time "you cannot tie his shoe laces, you and your generation cannot meet up to him, he can feed you for blah blah". Is the truth that difficult?

Don't waste your time on people that can't think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Fxwarrior: 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
fernandez1:
But now u are able to afford a house in banana island....Thank God, always respect humanity cos nobody knows tomorrow

Every star has a story to tell. Ask C Ronaldo, who was begging girls for Burger at Mc Donalds, Tb Joshua, Dangote etc

Did I forget Papillo? No, I didn't!
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
continue d lie, we dey listen

Lmaooo

Next level

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

People like that think they are more positive than the world. If you ask questions they say you are a hater. In their mind if you don't have more money than the person you cannot talk. Foolish ego. Every time "you cannot tie his shoe laces, you and your generation cannot meet up to him, he can feed you for blah blah". Is the truth that difficult?

Don't waste your time on people that can't think.
this one that you are killing me with parables i guess you are older than me
papa am sorry
respect!!!
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by BRATISLAVA: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:

this one that you are killing me with parables i guess you are older than me
papa am sorry
respect!!!

How can everyone be poor? Everyone was Hawking water. All lies. Seems no rich person in Nigeria. Even David o come from gutter
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by mamaa88(f): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
When grace is with you,ur past will become story one day,kudos to u,may ur mom soul rest in peace.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by chiblaze07(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
He is now a big boy.

Never forsake the days of little beginnings.

TO THOSE IT MAY CONCERN

SNAIL FARMING BUSINESS: Read Everything about snail farming here

TOPIC: How to hatch your snail eggs to ensure an increased number of hatchlings.

Have you been looking for a way to incubate your snail eggs so that you can hatch more snails for your snail farm?

Can I tell you something?

Hatching snail eggs is one of the easiest things to do in snail farming.

That’s why you don’t get to see many articles that give clarity to this topic.

They assume you should know how to hatch snail eggs by yourself without anyone teaching you.

In this article, I will take you through the entire process of setting up an incubator for snails eggs and also show you how to incubate snail eggs.

That’s not all!

I will also teach you how to care for the snail eggs while they are still in the incubator, and how you can track the hatching of new snails for business records.

At the end of this article, I have added a video that will show you practically everything you need to know about hatching snails eggs.

If you are ready, let’s dive right in!!

Read the full article - How to hatch snail eggs

Read other related articles on https://agro4africa.com

WriterNig:
Victor Osimhen has opened up about his grass to grace story in the city of Lagos.

In his latest interview with BBC Osimhen revealed how tough it was for him growing up as a child. The Super Eagles striker, who has already scored five goals in Ligue 1 this season for Lille, said he once hawked sachet water on the streets of Lagos when he just seven-years-old.

“I came from a very poor background, seven children and I was the last born. I lost my mom at the age of six and it was very difficult for my family because my dad also lost his job around that period. So I was forced to go out and get myself a life.

“In Lagos, they sell water (bottle or sachet) which is the easiest, but the hardest because you have to run and give somebody the water and collect money.

“It wasn’t easy, but I had to do it and that set my path in which I will never give up in life no matter the situation or where I am and that gave me the zeal and momentum no matter what life throws at me.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/osimhen-i-sold-pure-water-on-lagos-streets/amp/
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

How can everyone be poor? Everyone was Hawking water. All lies. Seems no rich person in Nigeria. Even David o come from gutter
so are you trying yo tell me that if you find fame and wealth today you will say that you where suffering yesterday?
dude we have something called the middle or average class
this class is made up of people that are not rich but have enough to afford a comfortable standard of living
if you tell me that 60% of nigerians are from the middle or average class maybe then i will believe you or side with you on that
guy poverty nor be moi-moi o
i`ve been to places, based on business reasons
and i can tell you that nigerians are enjoying
guy reason well o sad
BRATISLAVA:

so are you trying yo tell me that if you find fame and wealth today you will say that you where suffering yesterday?
this class is made up of people that are not rich but have enough to afford a comfortable standard of living
if you tell me that 60% of nigerians are from the middle or average class maybe then i will believe you or side with you on that
guy reason well o
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:

In a country of 200 million people with this poverty rate you can easily find a million kids hawking in Nigeria so what's your point?
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by BRATISLAVA: 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:

guy reason well o sad
guy reason well o

We are saying same thing. But that every Nigerian who gets successful claims that they were so poor, does this mean that there are no successful Nigerians from Rich homes? How is it that everyone claims they were Hawking water? All of them. Even the ones that are rich make up those stories so that people will say they are humble and gave come far.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Johnny1013(m): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
confirmed.....That is truly his story .Don't despise the days of your little Beginning .Don't let pride enter your head sha

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

We are saying same thing. But that every Nigerian who gets successful claims that they were so poor, does this mean that there are no successful Nigerians from Rich homes? How is it that everyone claims they were Hawking water? All of them. Even the ones that are rich make up those stories so that people will say they are humble and gave come far.
ohhhhhhh
now you`re talking

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Maliqcious: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
Do U people to about their background because U not motivated by their struggles.. Abeg go sit down sadist
Gideoniteprime4:
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
Maliqcious:
Do U people to about their background because U not motivated by their struggles.. Abeg go sit down sadist
i nor like insult you but i look am say if i nor tell you word, you go still dey mumu yourself they waka
although i don`t really know the trash you just posted
but i read the word ``sadist``
if you are a person that has sense you will know that there is nothing pessimistic about what i just wrote
it`s a simple fact that i just acknowledged
so QUIT BEING FOOLISH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Referee Kills Player In Malawi During A Football Match / Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive / David De Gea Becomes The 1st Goalkeeper To Make The Least Saves At The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.