Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen (41684 Views)

Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets / Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Scores Fastest Goal In Belgian League (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by MSesan: 9:19am On Sep 21, 2019
But now life is sweet.... Cool bro

Enjoy it wisely

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Abalado(f): 9:21am On Sep 21, 2019
My brother just thank God He He answered your prayers, there are so many of ur mates u sold the pure water together and they are still seling it even up till now as am typing... So thank ur creator for answering u

2 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:
This is becoming stale na. So every successful persons now sell water and wood previously ?

In a country where the poverty level is so high, obviously success stories would come most from the poor.

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Gideoniteprime4: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2019
Ikegift4real:

60% of Nigerians are under the poverty line bro, so get in touch with reality niggi
by 60% do you mean to tell me that you are also under the so called poverty line?
so all those pipu whwn they queue up 4 atm still dey under the poverty line
abi you mean to tell me that you once hawked pure water?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:
This is becoming stale na. So every successful persons now sell water and wood previously ?
Yes, only few make it from comfort zone to comfort zone. The trend is for those in comfort zones to relax their hustle and risk threshold while the down trodden will strive to escape poverty and take every available risk. Reason I deliberately don't make my kids too comfortable and refuse having landed properties across everywhere. They grow up knowing their future is secured thereby becoming lazy but when you know the future is uncertain then you will "arouse" to the occasion. We came from the hoods and that is our driving force because I can't come from the hood and die in the hood but if you are in banana island where else do you dream to go, life is just to wake up and drive one of pops car and flex the inheritance. Orcam's razor sets in, human cum nature prefers path of least resistance. All av written is my unverified view, so no need of name calling. Am out. Offsprings of our past heroes, where are they. Oh sorry awo's kid is in that useless TV show hoping to win few millions.

4 Likes

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Lordjb: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2019
Nice one
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Worldbest281: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2019
tough is in an understatement..... I'm so tired
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by lexyman(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2019
Even Ronaldo used to eat reminant from the restaurant ... this is a good story coming from our upcoming goat grin
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by francisisking: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2019
Ikegift4real:
I'll have to believe you bro because about 50% of Nigerians live below the poverty scale. These stories are real. Many folks are just too lucky n don't know what others pass through to success.
To all them legit hustlers keep it real you would soon share yours and children of hate will not believe u. smiley
are you kidneying me 50% and not 85%....

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by JerryJude(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2019
WriterNig:
Victor Osimhen has opened up about his grass to grace story in the city of Lagos.

In his latest interview with BBC Osimhen revealed how tough it was for him growing up as a child. The Super Eagles striker, who has already scored five goals in Ligue 1 this season for Lille, said he once hawked sachet water on the streets of Lagos when he just seven-years-old.

“I came from a very poor background, seven children and I was the last born. I lost my mom at the age of six and it was very difficult for my family because my dad also lost his job around that period. So I was forced to go out and get myself a life.

“In Lagos, they sell water (bottle or sachet) which is the easiest, but the hardest because you have to run and give somebody the water and collect money.

“It wasn’t easy, but I had to do it and that set my path in which I will never give up in life no matter the situation or where I am and that gave me the zeal and momentum no matter what life throws at me.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/osimhen-i-sold-pure-water-on-lagos-streets/amp/

Thank God you made it..i know how many beaten u might had received during those days of hawking sachet water for deliberately abandon your hawking and joining your peer group to play that leader (football)
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by 2shure: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2019
I didnt sell water,rather i ate well. We all must eat.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Witnes: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2019
Abegi! enough of all these craps of I do this, I do that of grass to grace. Whoever born without silver spoon stuck to his/her mouth have a whole lot to share when given the right opportunity. No one has ever cross d ocean of pain without story to tell and some may even continue till to d grave. Just kneel down and sing enormous praises to God for His mercy upon your head, gbagam!

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by midnighter(f): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2019
Barrytone:

Yes, only few make it from comfort zone to comfort zone. The trend

what you said was interesting but what about intergenerational wealth? Donald Trump came from a very rich family and worked so hard to multiply his father's wealth and keep the lineage shining. David Cameron and Boris Johnson also came from very genteel homes. In fact the very basis of Britishh society is the fact that wealthy landowners hand down property to their children and dont give anybody a chance

Isnt this more a matter of discipline and correct orientation in a childs upbringing so that they will understand their position and responsibilities?

I personally dont like the idea of too much money myself, but that may be a symptom of my own upbringing. I grew up extremely "normal", with parents who did "normal" public service jobs, and now I even balk at the idea of being a manager or supervisor of any kind

you mentioned some bad apples but what about yusuf and zahra buhari? Even if we dont like their father, they are far from useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by blowjohn(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:

Well, not everybody who once ran in traffic with sachet water in their hands ends up running on an international pitch with a ball on their feet.

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by mechanics(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2019
Tuoyofelix:
Everyone has his or her humble beginnings. The point is not to let pride crawl in after been uplifted by God. I love this Guy's humility.
That's right.

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by KingAzubuike(f): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:
Lol many of them always forming grass to grace stories just to gather pity. Even davido sing say "but when I was broke o". grin. So na normal thing.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by KingAzubuike(f): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2019
Ikegift4real:

60% of Nigerians are under the poverty line bro, so get in touch with reality niggi
Most of them formulate such stories. Everyone forming humble beginning. It's getting stale. If you check well his background might be financially bouyant.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by IamOrei(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2019
The next Rashidi Yekini
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by jaxxy(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2019
The struggle births success
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by fortune1968: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2019
story story Everytime . That's how CLUELESS JONATHAN told us that he did not have a shoe and turned around to give the country to the looters when we put him in the presidency . ! I beg ,face your play play oo.we no need story .
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by ibnlawal(m): 9:51am On Sep 21, 2019
abbasajao:
Abi naa, na so all of em dey lie lie
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by grandstar(m): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2019
Rebuke:

lie? For what exactly? I don't see sense in yhur comment Sir.

This should jst serve as a lesson to those commitin suicide that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't see why anyone especially, a guy like him will be telling lies about his humble past. He is now made and doesn't need yhu or anyone's sympathy to be rich.......he's an encouragement to the depressed and lazy ones looking for the easy way out.

Most rich people were once very poor just that most of them will not open up on their humble background.

There is the Israeli billionaire who shared a building with prostitutes while growing up. I think he was the executive producer of this kids programme "Power Rangers"

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by femmoy(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2019
I connect myself to ur testimony,b the grace of God,mine is loading and I shall testify to what God has done for me.

1 Like

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by mercyviv(f): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2019
What an humble beginning. Today you're known in the world. Thank God for everything.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by goldman777: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2019
Running selling pure water actually gave you the sudden fast burst of pace your developed as an attribute to quickly outpace defenders and score goals as a striker.sometimes when you go through hardships GOD subconsciously prepares you for your future.a sword needs to go through the fires of a blacksmith to be strong and of high-quality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by victorcompovine(m): 9:59am On Sep 21, 2019
Comon gerrarahere, pure water indeed. We wey invent purewater by selling ice water @50 kobo..... We need go fry beans baa. Mugu.

When it's time or you to shine, you always will as long as you believe in your hustle.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by DarlingEmojist(m): 10:09am On Sep 21, 2019
The sales of pure water still reflect in yout football carrier.
'90mins hawking'
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Mrjo(m): 10:09am On Sep 21, 2019
ursullalinda:
wink thank God u made it can't wait to give my own story
did you sell okpa like me?

Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by mofedamijo(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Please, do invest wisely, not in cars, but in properties and businesses, all the best.
Re: I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2019
Talent is evenly distributed, opportunity is not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ballybrack Announce Fernando Nuno La-Fuente's Death While He's Still Alive / David De Gea Becomes The 1st Goalkeeper To Make The Least Saves At The World Cup / Transfers Involving Nigerian Football Players So Far This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.