Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign (33637 Views)

2023 Election:Oseni Rufai- Men Without Honour Cannot Build Honourable Country / Igbo Presidency: El-rufai’s Assertion Idiotic, Laughable – Ohanaeze / Amosun,el-rufai’s Men In Court To Stop Abiodun’s Candidacy As Ogun APC Guber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by fk002: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Abeg this is hogwash Fayose did thesame thing prior to last election.

EL Rufai is just grooming himself for the position of VP
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
seunmsg:

Stop playing the ostrich my friend. Nigeria is a deeply divided country and as a result, we must never shy away from ensuring there is balance in our politics. There is more than enough tension from fear of ethnic and religious domination. If we refuse to accept our weaknesses and make arrangement to assuage them, we are definitely heading the way of Yugoslavia.

And who told you we can’t get someone from the north and south every eight years that can deliver good governance?
Thank God you know that. And hope you know Buhari has always played on that division from time immemorial and yet has ur support. El-Rufai borrowed from his book and divided Kd and is going for a second term with ur support. Now the division is about to be exploited towards 2023 for the north and you cry blue murder!! Tell me where's ur logic?

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by PureFace1(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
adeolakemi:
TYPICAL YORUBA ANSWER HIS QUESTION , IS OBASANJO NOT YORUBA ... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR TRIBE ......

Two Yoruba were contesting for the presidency

You have no option than to support one, and you supported Obasanjo that the North also supported instead of Olu Falae that was Yoruba's wish

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Misterdhee1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

You're just being comical. What gives the guarantee that APC will zone its ticket to the south in 2023? Is the agreement in written format? What bargaining chip does the south have except for appeal to conscience and morality? Same El-rufai just ran on a muslim-muslim ticket in a religiously sensitive state like Kd, a first time ever thing in Kd politics. A divided south gives the north the impetus to hold on to power. A lot of notable politicians in the north have been talking up the possibility of the north retaining power. So tell me, what aces the south has to force the narrative in their favour?
Oga leave story. Apc would zone its 2023 presidency ticket to South and a yoruba man will win it. You won't agree but ask for God's grace to live until then so you can see with your two eyes.
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
AFONJAS kiss the presidency goodbye, 2023 south east and South south will vote for a Northern, or vote for BUHARI third term... Let's northerners keep ruling us... To hell with unah southern unity

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
But Atiku is Fulani
PDP members I have seen are crazier than those of APC
But rest assured they are all very very crazy

wink2015:

BY THE SACK LETTER HE ( Buhari ) GAVE TO PROF. YEMI OSINBAJO. dismissing him from the Economic Team that the Vice President was heading.

and THE REFUSAL OF THE SERVICE CHIEF TO HONOUR THE INVITATION OF THE HOUSE OF REP HEADED BY TINUBU MAN, GBAJABIAMILA.

THE HANDWRITING WAS ALREADY ON THE WALLS FOR ANYBODY WHO CARE TO SEE !

TINUBU AND HIS MEN IN THE SOUTH WEST IS GONE AS FAR AS 2023!

BUHARI HAS CLOSED THE GATE AGAINST THEM.

Their day dreaming of the Presidency is gone for good.

I Pity the Yorubas who fell for Tinubu Scam Relationship with Buhari.

Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo will not fall for this sh...it !

AMBODE WILL BE LAUGHING AT THEM pointing fingers @ Tinubu that "DID I NOT WARN YOU"

Oshiomole is even getting to his last days. If he like he should continue to be using Abuja powers to be fighting the Edo state governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki.

Ochereome Nnanna a former Vanguard Columnist onces warned Tinubu of the "Poisoned Relationship" he was having with Buhari but Tinubu never listened.

Trust a Fulani man at your own peril !

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by darqly(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
How the mind of Nigerian politicians and their supporters work needs to be studied as a malady, and a cure proffered. This is just 2019, ElRufai has not done anything remotely remarkable for Kaduna, except stoke ethno-religious division and chase invisible bandits on Kad-Abj expressway when he's idle. People that moot him as presidential material really need to step back and assess their own life choices thus far. It's the sacred duty of every Nigerian citizen regardless of tribe, religion or sexual orientation to ensure ElRufai NEVER gets close to the presidency, well unless he's visiting the president. He's an awful, awful, awful hate-filled little man who has taught his children to also hate.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by signz: 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
He's just testing the waters.

Sai Baba is going for 3rd term. In the event that 3rd term fails (highly unlikely or except to Ill health), Rumour has it that the cabal wants to hand over to a Kanuri from North East with the excuse that they've never produced a President.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by seunmsg(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same reason Sw sabotaged Jonathan in 2015 because they felt Northern had two head s

We supported Jonathan in 2010 to assume the presidency at a time when Igbo and South south leaders turned their back on him. We supported him massively in 2011 because we felt it is fair to allow the minorities to have a taste of a full four year tenure.

In 2015, the south had obviously had enough. The normal thing was for power to return to the north and we ensured that happened. We didn’t support the north because they have two heads. In 2023, we will stand our ground and ensure power is returned to the south.
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by mercyviv(f): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
He won't run as a president but might be picked as a Vice with Osibanjo. That will make a formidable team.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by fk002: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
FarahAideed:
It will never happen ..we will rather break this country than for ElRufai to ever be president ..any attempt to force that wicked man on us like they did Buhari will spell the end of Nigeria

Same thing you said when Buhari was contesting, did Nigeria break? Hell no!!

Your rants starts and ends on social media

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by FarahAideed: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
fk002:

Same thing you said when Buhari was contesting, did Nigeria break? Hell no!!

Your rants starts and ends on social media

Keep quiet
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Seetto: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ugosample:

OBJ ran against a Buhari who had an igbo man as his vice

igbos voted against that

GEJ ran against a Buhari with a Yoruba man as vice

you know how the result went

who is the "traitor"?

Definitely you are the traitor, Abiola a man from south got a block vote from core north, kano state inclusive, because of your hatred towards the people of the southwest, Igbo voted tofa that was gorgeously rejected in his hometown kano, check south south result, their level of political maturity , obasanjo was never an anointed candidate in the west, till today obasanjo is not politically relevant in the southwest, if east was to follow south agenda as they proclaimed, they would have supported olu falae against northern agenda of installing obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
Misterdhee1:

Oga leave story. Apc would zone its 2023 presidency ticket to South and a yoruba man will win it. You won't agree but ask for God's grace to live until then so you can see with your two eyes.
According to you abi?
The question I keep asking is, what is the impetus for APC to zone its presidency to the south in 2023? Is there a written agreement to that effect? What bargaining chip does the south have for the lever to tip towards them? Most of the northern politicians who have been touting the retention of power in the north are APC members. and we know that north has the stronger hand in APC. So, tell me again. What is the aces the south have to gain power in 2023?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Misterdhee1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Some comments here en. Perhaps people have forgotten that politics isn't just about numbers but the strategies to take advantage of the numbers. Aside Buhari, there's no single northerner in APC that wield the same power as Tinubu. If Tinubu doesn't get the party ticket, it would be because of his Islamic background and not cos of any El-rufai. El-rufai isn't even a force in NW APC. If Tinubu loses, it will still be to one of his own. He controls the party structure, save Buhari's popularity in the North. All these yeye media reports are just to polarize the nation and set emotions high towards 2023 elections. 2023 is a North vs West election. SE can continue to wait till eternity to get the PDP ticket. SW will get the APC ticket and don't care to lose at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by mercyville: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
El Rufai is just wasting his time.
Power is coming to the South in 2023.EOD...
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by fk002: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

Keep quiet

Is not by ranting online, as far as christian and Muslim politicians are friends...... Then you can do nada about it, your opinion is irrelevant my fanatic christian friend
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
darqly:
How the mind of Nigerian politicians and their supporters work needs to be studied as a malady, and a cure proffered. This is just 2019, ElRufai has not done anything remotely remarkable for Kaduna, except stoke ethno-religious division and chase invisible bandits on Kad-Abj expressway when he's idle. People that moot him as presidential material really need to step back and assess their own life choices thus far. It's the sacred duty of every Nigerian citizen regardless of tribe, religion or sexual orientation to ensure ElRufai NEVER gets close to the presidency, well unless he's visiting the president. He's an awful, awful, awful hate-filled little man who has taught his children to also hate.
I'll have you know that most northern youths see El-Rufai as a presidential material, a natural successor to Buhari

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Misterdhee1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

According to you abi?
The question I keep asking is, what is the impetus for APC to zone its presidency to the south in 2023? Is there a written agreement to that effect? What bargaining chip does the south have for the lever to tip towards them? Most of the northern politicians who have been touting the retention of power in the north are APC members. and we know that north has the stronger hand in APC. So, tell me again. What is the aces the south have to gain power in 2023?
Tell me a single one of the so called northern politicians that has strong presence when it comes to APC structure. Tinubu's loyalists control both the party, and the legisttive. Aside that he has money. Even Buhari with all his popularity needed Tinubu to win the primary elections against Atiku and Okorocha. El-rufai won't even get up to 500 votes in a primary election.
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
It will be most interesting should a northerner emerge as President of Nigeria in 2023.
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by FarahAideed: 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
fk002:

Is not by ranting online, as far as christian and Muslim politicians are friends...... Then you can do nada about it, your opinion is irrelevant my fanatic christian friend

Buharis case was different because we had already made a mistake of allowing him become president and he used that to rig 2019 but for El Rufai no way I swear to Almighty God .. I am ready to vote a Northerner 2023 to get back at Yoruba people but I can never agree for El Rufai ..just watch as all the south will unite against him

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by guynextdoor(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

You're just being comical. What gives the guarantee that APC will zone its ticket to the south in 2023? Is the agreement in written format? What bargaining chip does the south have except for appeal to conscience and morality? Same El-rufai just ran on a muslim-muslim ticket in a religiously sensitive state like Kd, a first time ever thing in Kd politics. A divided south gives the north the impetus to hold on to power. A lot of notable politicians in the north have been talking up the possibility of the north retaining power. So tell me, what aces the south has to force the narrative in their favour?
Excellent write-up! You made 2 wonderful points:
1. south appealing to conscience and morality.
2. Divided southern Nigeria being the strength of the north.
Those points underscore what I have said severally on here: the north only leases power to the north, and then grab it again whenever they deem fit. As a matter of fact, the south is a stooge to them.
The most disturbing of all is that the south isn't ready to unite yet because of the greed of the ruling class, and tribalism among the foolish commoners. SMH!!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Misterdhee1:
Some comments here en. Perhaps people have forgotten that politics isn't just about numbers but the strategies to take advantage of the numbers. Aside Buhari, there's no single northerner in APC that wield the same power as Tinubu. If Tinubu doesn't get the party ticket, it would be because of his Islamic background and not cos of any El-rufai. El-rufai isn't even a force in NW APC. If Tinubu loses, it will still be to one of his own. He controls the party structure, save Buhari's popularity in the North. All these yeye media reports are just to polarize the nation and set emotions high towards 2023 elections. 2023 is a North vs West election. SE can continue to wait till eternity to get the PDP ticket. SW will get the APC ticket and don't care to lose at the end of the day.
Tinubu controls the party structure for now. But I'm sure you know Buhari can cut his influence in the party to zero as was done post 2015.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
FarahAideed:
It will never happen ..we will rather break this country than for ElRufai to ever be president ..any attempt to force that wicked man on us like they did Buhari will spell the end of Nigeria
you shot your self, stop wailing north will rule us till unah get sense

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Misterdhee1(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

I'll have you know that most northern youths see El-Rufai as a presidential material, a natural successor to Buhari
Lol. So it's the northern youths that would give El-rufai ticket?
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Misterdhee1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

Tinubu controls the party structure for now. But I'm sure you know Buhari can cut his influence in the party to zero as was done post 2015.
If Buhari has the clout to that he would have ignored Tinubu and go ahead and win his second election on his own. Buhari is not a politician. That's the bane of those from his camp.
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by fk002: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

Buharis case was different because we had already made a mistake of allowing him become president and he used that to rig 2019 but for El Rufai no way I swear to Almighty God .. I am ready to vote a Northerner 2023 to get back at Yoruba people but I can never agree for El Rufai ..just watch as all the south will unite against him

FYI El Rufai is not eyeing the presidency for now, he is aiming for the VP seat come 2023 then after that he will pave his way to the presidency.

Just wait and see how things will unfold
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
Let him run to sambisa , that is his problem. Please PDP give us a technocrat from anywhere in the world. Surely not Peter Obi.
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by seunjungle1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
You very right my personal person. Igbo have been known for their coward ways during the days of Awo & Zik.

Tolexander:
Odumegwu Ojukwu never contested the 1999 election.

The Ndigbo went against the Yoruba wish of voting for Olu Falae of AD in the election. Olusegun Obasanjo was imposed by the Northerners and the South East went with the northerners to elect Obasanjo.

The 2003 election was rigged for Obasanjo against Odumegwu Ojukwu in the East.

Peace
Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
guynextdoor:

Excellent write-up! You made 2 wonderful points:
1. south appealing to conscience and morality.
2. Divided southern Nigeria being the strength of the north.
Those points underscore what I have said severally on here: the north only leases power to the north, and then grab it again whenever they deem fit. As a matter of fact, the south is a stooge to them.
The most disturbing of all is that the south isn't ready to unite yet because of the greed of the ruling class, and tribalism among the foolish commoners. SMH!!
You're absolutely spot on. Anytime I see Yoruba and Igbos bicker on SM, I'm appalled at the foolishness of my people. Most northern youths have political groups and even Whatsapp platforms where they discuss politics. You will never see them join the bickering of the southerners. Now, the stupid bickering is about to cost both of them the presidency to the gain of the north and they're still blaming each other instead of applying common sense. I begin to suspect perhaps, our level of education and enlightenment is a curse to us down south after all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: El-rufai’s Men Rev Up Campaign by Belteshazzar1: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
I think you guys said that Buhari is going for his third term ...... mtcheeeew this one wey una dey 2019 dey arrange person wey go rule 4yrs to come hmmm una no wan tell me una plan....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aminu Atiku Flees With His Son Aamir Atiku As He Loses Custody Battle To Ex Wife / Emir Sanusi Is Supposed To Report To Local Government Chairman Not Me – Ganduje / The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.