Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help (41986 Views)

My Cousin Is 18 Years Old And Hasn't Started Menstruation / A Round Grey Painless Spots On My Joystick, Please Help! / Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by pacespot(m): 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
SeunGlobal:
OP, lets get it straight. Your cousin is growing grey hair at 25. There is nothing to be worried about. Growing white hair is not synonymous to old age... After-all Anne Kreamer was in her 20s when she started noticing grey strands. Maura Kelly was 10 years old when she spotted her first white hairs.
Your cousin shouldn't be worried, grey hair is the latest 6 packs in town (just kidding) .

You Cousin Should Understand That;
1. Grey at early age is genetic: Hair follicles contain pigment cells that produce melanin, which gives your tresses their color. When your body stops generating melanin, hair presents itself as grey, white, or silver. "If your parents or grandparents grayed at an early age, you probably will too,"

2. A medical Condition: Autoimmune diseases effectually attack cells within the body, and this includes hair follicles, which makes it possible for premature greying to occur.

3. Chronic Stress: is your cousin stressing much? Thinking much? Chronic stress makes one to grow grey hair on time.

4. Vitamin Deficiency: a vitamin B12 deficiency can accelerate the greying of hair.

Thanks for this piece

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by deltateam: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
Hello folks, trust you re getting on well with your weekend. I need your urgent and reliable suggestions on the kind of hair darkener or stainless hair dye to apply.

My cousin who clocked 25yrs old on sept 1st this year is feeling depressed because of the grey hair coming out on every part of his body most especially Hus head and beards. Being a very hairy young lad, the grey hairs has become a source if embarrassment to him so much that he looks older than his age.

Your candid suggestions onn the type of hair dye(stainless hair dye)to apply will be appreciated thanks.

You are not asking the right questions.

Meanwhile does he play bet9ja? I know a man whose hair is white due to virtual losses.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by jswitch(m): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
There are more pressing issues jara. me that started having gray hair when I was 7 years have I died? The gray hair was so much back then in secondary school that my friends nicknamed me, Sir White Head.

But to be sincere, it's embarrassing most times. Especially when you are in public and everyone is looking at your hair.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by niyidenrele: 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
Oga please post a picture of yourself and let's be sure it's not you.

Hair dye isn't the effective remedy for greying hair especially for a young person. All he needs do is change his diet and take more food or fruits with vitamin b12. Is he a heavy thinker or is into a stressful job? He should cut down on those and find time to unwind and relax.
.....Oga not always ooo,I am a living testimony,in my mother side ,they grow grey hairs early ,even some were born with grey hair,as at the time of birth ..,
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by D1zion: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
Oga please post a picture of yourself and let's be sure it's not you.

Hair dye isn't the effective remedy for greying hair especially for a young person. All he needs do is change his diet and take more food or fruits with vitamin b12. Is he a heavy thinker or is into a stressful job? He should cut down on those and find time to unwind and relax.
it has nothing to do with ageing, its natural, tell him not to feel bad,that's what some people are buying in the market, some will pray to have that natural one.my nephew who is just eleven years & was born dreaded (dreadlocks) has it all over his head.its beautiful. I have a neighbour too who is in his early Thirty's with it.he loves it like crazy. Tell him to leave it like afro he will come to admire it.its nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Strica(f): 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
Hello folks, trust you re getting on well with your weekend. I need your urgent and reliable suggestions on the kind of hair darkener or stainless hair dye to apply.

My cousin who clocked 25yrs old on sept 1st this year is feeling depressed because of the grey hair coming out on every part of his body most especially Hus head and beards. Being a very hairy young lad, the grey hairs has become a source if embarrassment to him so much that he looks older than his age.

Your candid suggestions onn the type of hair dye(stainless hair dye)to apply will be appreciated thanks.

Please is he God fearing and does he have a source of income or good career prospects? If the answers to both questions are yes, please just kukuma start preparing to come and collect list in Abia state biko.
grin

On a serious note, your cousin is blessed. Let him add character, peace of mind and some financial success to those grey/white strands and watch him shine. The pros on this platform have already listed the possible causes and I personally think it's genetic.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Mires: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
If he's feeling depressed because of grey hair, there's sniper.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Nmezor(f): 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
It is genetic more or less OP . My siblings n I all have some strands of it on our hairs...
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by CanadaOrBust: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nvc078:
excessive masturbation

Also excessive konji (which is non-masturbation)
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by OkunrinMeta: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
blesskewe:
My bro has white hair from birth

. maybe stress or over thinking

Was your bro overthinking or stressed from birth?
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by abdullkabar(m): 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lolz, one mans food is another's poison
Grey hair he suppose dey use do fine young old man
Something I have been praying for since I was little
I have a few white strands on my hair and some on my beards(and I'm wishing for more)
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by blesskewe(f): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
OkunrinMeta:

Was your bro overthinking or stressed from birth?

If u ask me
Na who I go ask
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by CanadaOrBust: 10:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
niyidenrele:
.....Oga not always ooo,I am a living testimony,in my mother side ,they grow grey hairs early ,even some were born with grey hair,as at the time of birth ..,

And some never grey even till 100

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
Avast:

What about bald hair sire
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Maydfourth: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
Let him go and pray...
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Newmans: 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
My stated at 24 what's wrong with it,

its a sign of holiness.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by adanny01(m): 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:

I had grey hair on my head since I was 15.
Today, my head is almost entirely white.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Gokoyer0(m): 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
He should take alot of veggies.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by DaCharis2016: 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
harizonal123:
More fruits and veggies. Also use castor oil as hair cream. Problem solved
Where and how much is the castor oil sold, pls? I'm also affected.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Sholato242(m): 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
My cousin who clocked 25yrs old on sept 1st this year is feeling depressed because of the grey hair coming out on every part of his body most especially Hus head and beards.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Sholato242(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
Left for me, it's normal. It happened to my very close friend as well. Bro leave it like that, you will enjoy it later
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
....salt & pepper hair...ladies love guys with such hairs...
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by damoobaba: 11:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:

Help for what exactly. It doesn't mean he's dying soon. its just change of hair colour.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by objobj: 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
harizonal123:

Better person
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by grandstar(m): 11:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
generationz:
I think putting weed in ones cream can reduce grey hairs.

But op, any one who sees a 25 year old man even with grey hairs, should know he is a young boy naaa

when I was in secondary school, there was this student in A levels that has lots of white hairHe looked like an old man. It was only through interaction you'll know he is young
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Eberex(m): 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
No remedy. Forget all these solutions they are typing here.

Accept it. Flaunt it.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by cruzydal(m): 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:

OP I go thru the same thing . My maternal grandpa had grey beards from puberty .so I’m also experiencing it .i tried keeping it during the early stage but it was bringing unnecessary attention. When I’m bar I go my hair my barber will just be vexing for me (bros why u dey dey this thing ? No be God give u? People dey pay money to spray am make en dey like ur own ) , I was almost denied writing an exam back then in school (the lecturer said I sprayed it ,that I’m forming big boy) I had to show him the hairs on my arm (I have some grey hairs too Dre)
I will advice you to just Get cruset hair dye . It’s 550 and be dying it . That’s if you don’t want to keep the grey beards
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by biggie73(m): 12:21am On Oct 31, 2019
Why worry over what he has zero control over?That's a gift of nature.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Awoo88: 12:27am On Oct 31, 2019
Vitamin E deficiency.
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Dshocker(m): 12:30am On Oct 31, 2019
igwegeorgiano:

Dying it will only make it worst
Re: My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help by Denko2721987(m): 1:14am On Oct 31, 2019
harizonal123:

Abeg wetin i fit rub for this my dada side beards and beards generally wey rough like supporter of APC and no they every smooth.. Also like if to rub insult to injury my front hair come they chop go inside finish... Will this same castor oil cream help?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Euthanize My Dad? / Task Force Closes Bars, Clubs And Restaurants In Anambra Over Coronavirus / Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.