Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees (18095 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Declares Free BRT Rides, Toll On Christmas, New Year Days / Wike Declares Free Primary, Secondary Education In Rivers / Fayemi Declares Free Education In Less Than 24 Hours In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Derea(f): 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Okoroawusa:
The era of free education is gone. No developed country offers free education to its citizens

What are you saying nooow? UK offers free education up to secondary level. I know cos my nieces are beneficiaries.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Download YouTube videos and watch offline using YTD Pro for free.

For more info, check the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/5426569/new-youtube-video-downloader-ytd

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Kapeter(m): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Idris my boss, I greet you.

But mi o agree "bolded" oh!

Even to ba je N500 per child, we should pay something.

Ok pelu gbo gbo "FREE", "FREE", kini standard education ni Nigeria at present, compared to igba ti awon obi wa n san school fees? undecided
even if you ask them to pay millions as fees, it wouldn't still change the standard of public schools. It is the rot in public service that is affecting the standard of all public business.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by shineeye1: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Kapeter(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
Derea:

What are you saying nooow? UK offers free education up to secondary level. I know cos my nieces are beneficiaries.
they are wailers association. All they are interested in bad news, and in situation where there's non, they must find something just to hang on to. Don't mind him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by samento: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
Blue3k2:
If you're already collecting so much money in taxes why would the state need a levy? The state and local governments should be able to fund it with taxes they get.

Btw how many of you send your own kid to public school?
What rubbish are you writing! Is he the one that introduced the levy? And why don't you ask Otedola and Dangote why they send their children to private schools.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by shineeye1: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
Derea:

Easy access to educational loans which are easily paid off.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by winterfell007(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

An average EU country's GDP is far higher than Nigeria's GDP.

Spain spends over 110 billion dollars on health. Nigeria spends 10billion dollars or less on the same health. As an example.

Let's face facts. We are not rich. Until we become an industrial nation....we are not rich.

10billion dollars on health? I'm not sure Nigeria spends up to 50million dollars on health. I've been reading your comments. You are so informed about current realities.
But sadly, the dudes you trying to educate won't see it that way.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Blue3k2: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
samento:
What rubbish are you writing! Is he the one that introduced the levy? And why don't you ask Otedola and Dangote why they send their children to private schools.

Who cares if he did or didn't? Why did the state need levy in the first place. Byw He didnt think it fit to remove the levy till he recieved backlash for it despite his free education promise. If they're on thread they're free to answer.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by notoriousbabe: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thank God o. dominique now our childrens can go back to school to study medicine
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by odinceblog(m): 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
BIAFRA: Nnamdi Kanu’s Full Speech in Japan (Video and Photos)

https://odinceblog.com/biafra-nnamdi-kanus-full-speech-in-japan-video-and-photos/
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Softcash(m): 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
Blue3k2:
If you're already collecting so much money in taxes why would the state need a levy? The state and local governments should be able to fund it with taxes they get.

Btw how many of you send your own kid to public school?

Thing never makes you happy until you ask stupid questions
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Blue3k2: 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Softcash:

Thing never makes you happy until you ask stupid questions

Lol get off you're rag loser. The questions are valid. The state should be generating enough IGR to pay for education without any levy. Even the governor claims he didnt see point of levy.

Abiodun said his education team would critically look into the items on the list of what necessitated the introduction of the N3,700 levy.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by yuskel(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
astute28:
Mtcheew copy cat kudos seyi makinde

Kudos to you too, yiy took this out of my mouth.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by martowskin1(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
mofedamijo:

ILLITERATE.........So Germany, Finland, Sweden, Norway, are underdeveloped nations.

U are talking to somebody when Neva leave ijesa land since he was born

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Blue3k2:

The word free is a misnomer. They provide you education you pay for through taxes not upfront. Alot of countries do that yours doesn't. Lol why do you guys find this service so hard to provide?
u de mind them free education with 150 students in a class empty library comatose laboratory... no chairs and tables in class rooms etc...
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
eedriyz:

'Affordable' has a different meaning to everyone. The N3,500 per term is a lot for some families. I went to public primary and secondary schools so i can relate.

Public pimary and secondary school education should be 100% FREE in Nigeria.
how do u fund it?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by surgical: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
mofedamijo:

ILLITERATE.........So Germany, Finland, Sweden, Norway, are underdeveloped nations.
That is how you know a zombie,they are very distinct in stupidity
They embrace hardship like second nature

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Beautyaddy: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Huh...I really pity any child who's parents thinks of sending them to any public school in Nigeria.

Any Free Education being run by already chronic corrupt leaders is a complete disaster.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by yetunsbay(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ekakamba:

Typical 9ja politician.
You knew that the compulsory fee was implemented by the previous administration and it also negates the free education policy of your adminstration, yet you went ahead and continued with its implementation?

Assuming no one talkes about it, it would have remained in place till the end of whatever fork!

If this monies is judiciously used by each Sch mgt then there is nothing wrong paying such meagre amt for sch developmental purpose.

Govt isn't & can't maintain all schs infrastructure- wise

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by yetunsbay(m): 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Jibabs2:
Good one there but please provide the schools with the basic materials needed.
A tall order
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Money is not the only reason why public schools are bad , it's the curriculum that needs to change.

Maybe some sensible cosmetic changes in the school buildings.
beyond the curriculum... can u teach in a class of 150 students? who says each community can't have a decent public primary secondary school where class stats should be at most 35 per class... with decent library I mean e library,labouratory sports facilities...other activities... tell me how many public schools in Nigeria even private has these elements...
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by yetunsbay(m): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lanre4uonly:
That's a good one from Ogun State Government though.
But i do hope the state government would be able to maintain all the infrastructural facilities in all these schools whenever the need arises. Qualitative education also include providing a conducive environment for the pupils.
they can't & they won't

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by yetunsbay(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nigerians too like much benefits without a little sacrifice

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by humberjade: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
The people should also know that it was this same govt that introduced this levy...they only scrapped it after a massive public outcry.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Kapeter:
education can be free buh surely not compulsory. Human development is the right thing to look on to, this is one thing africa is the way it is. Learn to develop a child instead of forcing him to school. Imagine all those european footballers being forced to school instead of putting them up in football academy instead. Just imagine the unemployment saga they'd be suffering. School isn't the only place we learn. Africa is really not doing well when it comes to human development.
this is why most of us end up reading irrelevant courses waste years... most Chinese handling constructions activities in naija has no much formal education... but they can do more than those who read engineerin in universities... I worked in a factory before going to university many Chinese we call master good technically... I teach as a npower volunteer currently... many students ll do better elsewhere I must go score na im de encourage malpractice... students get As and Bs And can't defend it...
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by mofedamijo(m): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
surgical:
That is how you know a zombie,they are very distinct in stupidity
They embrace hardship like second nature

lol....you're salvage bro
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by asmovic(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ekakamba:

Typical 9ja politician.
You knew that the compulsory fee was implemented by the previous administration and it also negates the free education policy of your adminstration, yet you went ahead and continued with its implementation?

Assuming no one talkes about it, it would have remained in place till the end of whatever fork!

are you a teacher in Ogun state? I am. it's a new dimension. what obtained before, last dispensation was so appalling. let's welcome this as a new development.
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by Baawaa(m): 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Okoroawusa:
The era of free education is gone. No developed country offers free education to its citizens
If I see you one on one I will kill you, because you are a big thief grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by francisisking: 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Education should be affordable, even cheap, BUT NOT FREE!

why not?
Re: BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees by fabre4: 4:41am On Sep 22, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Education should be affordable, even cheap, BUT NOT FREE!

It should, but the way South Western youths are turning to Yahoo or street life recently there's need for some form of incentive to bring them back to school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ken Nnamani Declares Intention To Run For President Under APC / I Will Hold Peter Obi Accountable to Nigerians - Aisha Yesufu / Abia Governorship: They Tried Using Juju To Stop Me - Prof. Gregory Ibe Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.