Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? - Autos (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? (26207 Views)

Mr. Transmission-milex/ Rad Auto Works opening in other cities And We Want YOU. / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works / STORE FOR ALL KINDS OF VOLKSWAGEN MOTOR SPEAR PARTS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Mrford(m): 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Hey!

When you say kit, you mean the dye? We have both the r134 with uv dye and the stand-alone dye.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvqb1rMBLSH/?igshid=1lu2r5t4armkk

The dye, uv light, goggle etc
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
Mrford:

The dye, uv light, goggle etc

Dye, in stock. Others can be brought in. Honestly we don't even use the light or goggles even though we have a couple for our use.

These are on Amazon and cheap but good. Even come with the batteries. Cheaper than the ones we carry. EverBrite Black Light Headlamp UV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2JWQFP/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_s0HiEbGG4VR10
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Mrford(m): 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Dye, in stock. Others can be brought in. Honestly we don't even use the light or goggles even though we have a couple for our use.

These are on Amazon and cheap but good. Even come with the batteries. Cheaper than the ones we carry. EverBrite Black Light Headlamp UV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2JWQFP/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_s0HiEbGG4VR10

Alright. Thank you.

You don't use the light and goggles? What do you now use? Bare eye? And you are able to see it?
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 12:02am On Jan 18, 2020
Mrford:

Alright. Thank you.

You don't use the light and goggles? What do you now use? Bare eye? And you are able to see it?
yes, yes and yes
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Mrford(m): 12:36am On Jan 18, 2020
radautoworks:
yes, yes and yes
OK. How much for your dye?
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 10:08am On Jan 18, 2020
Mrford:

OK. How much for your dye?

pick your poison

R134a Ester Refrigerant Oil with UV Dye (5 uses) http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=QST&partNumber=E-100UV N5,393

R-134a Refrigerant with UV Leak detector Dye - single application 12.3 aerosol can http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=QST&partNumber=334 N14,767

A/C Leak Dye for R134a / UV Leak Finder - Contains 5 UV dye applications, 5 oz aerosol can http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=QST&partNumber=UVD-1 N7556

We like number 2 the most especially if this is a 1 off for you. Definitely get the light I sent you from Amazon (way cheaper than ours) of you intend to do this repeatedly. No glasses needed.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Mrford(m): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2020
radautoworks:

pick your poison

R134a Ester Refrigerant Oil with UV Dye (5 uses) http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=QST&partNumber=E-100UV N5,393

R-134a Refrigerant with UV Leak detector Dye - single application 12.3 aerosol can http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=QST&partNumber=334 N14,767

A/C Leak Dye for R134a / UV Leak Finder - Contains 5 UV dye applications, 5 oz aerosol can http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=QST&partNumber=UVD-1 N7556

We like number 2 the most especially if this is a 1 off for you. Definitely get the light I sent you from Amazon (way cheaper than ours) of you intend to do this repeatedly. No glasses needed.

Its for my clients. I'm into repairs so I will be doing it repeatedly. I will go for no 3. 1 or 2 should be based on request.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 11:36am On Jan 18, 2020
Mrford:

Its for my clients. I'm into repairs so I will be doing it repeatedly. I will go for no 3. 1 or 2 should be based on request.

Email support@radautoworks.com for delivery or swing by for pickup
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by dicksonadams(m): 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hi madam Radautoworks, please do you have fluid film.? Thanks
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 12:20am On Feb 15, 2020
dicksonadams:
Hi madam Radautoworks, please do you have fluid film.? Thanks

?

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by mammanbawa: 11:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
Do you have this in stock please?

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 4:22am On Mar 06, 2020
mammanbawa:
Do you have this in stock please?

Yes they do. Email or call shop.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 6:47pm On May 13, 2020
WE'RE BAAAACKKK... sorta..

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by icelord(m): 7:14pm On May 13, 2020
I sell third party insurance for new cars. Do well to mention this this username, so we can exchange contacts.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 7:37pm On May 13, 2020
icelord:
I sell third party insurance for new cars. Do well to mention this this username, so we can exchange contacts.

Come again?
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 1:41am On May 31, 2020
With the increase in ordering used cars overseas, someone might find this information useful

https://news.yahoo.com/cars-most-likely-engine-rebuild-100013746.html

The common concern with cars as they age is dependability—not only that they may not get you to work one day but also that a catastrophic failure could cost thousands of dollars. Major problems are rare in general, but they do happen.

To understand how often such problems occurred, we analyzed data on older models from our Annual Autos Surveys to see which have the highest problem rates for major systems that often require expensive repairs.

Three problems areas stood out: engine, head gasket, and transmission. With some models, these problems occur with surprising frequency at a certain age and mileage.

Engine problems are among the greatest mechanical nightmares for their inconvenience, expense, and time to repair. We found that there are more than a dozen older models with problems serious enough to require engine rebuilds.

“Engine failure can be caused by many things,” says John Ibbotson, Consumer Reports’ chief mechanic. “Some engine rebuilds are needed due to low compression from worn piston rings, resulting in lack of power, misfiring, or excessive oil consumption, while others suffer from crankshaft or connecting rod bearing failure, signaled by a knocking sound.” Due to the difficulty and time required to rebuild an engine, often shops will replace the original engine with one that has been remanufactured.

An Audi A4 owner reported, “We have put over $12,000 into this car. Something breaks, we fix it. Something else breaks, we have to fix it. We are retirement age and cannot buy a new car.”

It can be a challenge finding the right shop to take on a major repair, which requires talent, time, and parts. A Mini Cooper owner wrote, “Cylinder number three failed while on the highway, at cruising speed. Not only is a replacement motor very expensive, but no local shop wants to do the job, because of the complexity.”

To help warn both current owners and used-car shoppers, we compiled a list of 10 models that stood out as having the most severe problems, as determined by frequency and cost.

They are presented below in rank order, starting with the one with the highest problem rate. We include the model year with the greatest problems (and when applicable, a range of years affected by this problem), the typical mileage range when the problem occurs, and where possible, we recommend similar alternative vehicles without this concern. If no alternatives are presented, that means similar cars had the same issue or another significant problem.

The journey to 200,000 miles can be a bumpy one, but it doesn't have to be if you start with a good, reliable car and properly maintain it, per the directions in the owner’s manual. Consumer Reports always recommends shoppers consult the reliability ratings, based on our large-scale member surveys, to predict the models that have better odds of being trouble-free. This detailed data can be found on our car model pages.

2010 Audi A4 2.0T
Model years affected: 2009-2010
Typical mileage: 107,000-153,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Lexus ES, 2008-2010 Infiniti G, 2009-2010 Acura TL

2008 Ford F-350 6.4L diesel
Typical mileage: 65,000-119,000
Alternatives: None

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Typical mileage: 102,500-133,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2003-2004 Toyota Matrix

2008 Mini Cooper/Clubman
Model years affected: 2008-2009
Typical mileage: 122,000-129,500
Alternatives without this problem: 2008 Mazda3

2010 Chevrolet Equinox/GMC Terrain
Typical mileage: 84,500-108,500
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Honda CR-V, 2008-2010 Toyota RAV4

2006 Jeep Wrangler 2.4L
Typical mileage: Approximately 150,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2004-2008 Toyota 4Runner

2010 Cadillac SRX
Typical mileage: Approximately 130,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Lexus RX, 2010 Acura MDX

Typical mileage: Approximately 190,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2003-2005 Lexus RX

2006 Buick Lucerne
Typical mileage: 116,000-143,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2006 Lexus GS, 2004-2008 Toyota Avalon

2010 GMC Acadia
Typical mileage: 106,000-129,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Toyota Highlander
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 6:35am On May 31, 2020
Schedule your appointment at https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/appointments[color=#000000]

Help us keep everyone safe and efficient by observing the following rules:

MUST wear a mask at all times
MUST remain in the lobby if waiting.
NO CASH PAYMENTS
Walk-ins will NOT BE ACCEPTED

We will be more than happy to take care of you if you keep us safe.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE!
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Eddee(m): 7:56am On Jun 06, 2020
Good morning ma, quick one - do you stock Front Lower Control Arm Bushings - 08 Dodge Charger Lx RT? If yes, please tell me the lockdown hasn't affected your shipping outside Lagos? The shipping rates on Amazon and Ebay are scary and I don't want to buy "tokunbo" from the spares market here.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Eddee:
Good morning ma, quick one - do you stock Front Lower Control Arm Bushings - 08 Dodge Charger Lx RT? If yes, please tell me the lockdown hasn't affected your shipping outside Lagos? The shipping rates on Amazon and Ebay are scary and I don't want to buy "tokunbo" from the spares market here.
Which one specifically? Not in stock but I can bring it in 3 weeks $2/lb. Will be MOOG.

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Eddee(m): 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
radautoworks:

Which one specifically? Not in stock but I can bring it in 3 weeks $2/lb. Will be MOOG.

Thank you for the prompt response ma, the rates are fair enough considering the current naira/dollar debacle, currently out of calabar. Will try and pull it out completely to find out if i need a new arm or if it's the attached ball joint or the bushings that are bad as i suspect. And on other trivial issues, my mechanic suspects a Mercedes S Class W220 arm's bushings might be plug and play. I'll confirm all this and give you feedback the moment i get back to town. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by anungangampu: 1:48am On Jun 10, 2020
DO you conduct training?
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 2:50am On Jun 10, 2020
anungangampu:
DO you conduct training?

Not yet, no.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by anungangampu: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
radautoworks:

Not yet, no.
u know here i can go that are serious
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
anungangampu:
u know here i can go that are serious

Sorry, no...
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by dicksonadams(m): 7:48am On Jun 12, 2020
Hello awesome madam Radautoworks, please do you have Toyota Type IV ATF? How much?

Do you still have the coolant that need mixing

Do you do repair on leaking transmission cooler line?
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
Reminder

With a lot of intentional misinformation being passed around the last few days, a couple of emails I received and my responses mysteriously disappearing into the ether as they tend to do on Nairaland, I felt it necessary to be VERY clear on this topic. SO! Where do our parts come from?

OUR PARTS ONLY COME FROM ONE PLACE ADVANCE AUTO PARTS/WORLDPAC/CARQUEST DISTRIBUTION. WE DO NOT SOURCE TOKUNBO OR NEW PARTS FROM NIGERIA. CUSTOMERS ARE FREE TO SOURCE THEIR PARTS AND BRING TO US FOR INSTALLATION BUT WE WILL NOT SOURCE THEM EXTERNALLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNNqshboyY

When a store is owned by an individual, it is a Carquest. When it is owned by corporate, it is an Advance. That being said, Carquest/Advance owns many brands and carries over 200 lines both OEM and aftermarket. Anyone who knows anything about the auto industry and car parts knows that parts are made all over the world so the specific part will be made wherever the brand manufactures their parts i.e. Bosch=Germany, MOOG=Japan,Monroe=USA, etc.

Hopefully this brings clarity to some with questions. If not, ask away! smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
dicksonadams:
Hello awesome madam Radautoworks, please do you have Toyota Type IV ATF? How much?

Do you still have the coolant that need mixing

Do you do repair on leaking transmission cooler line?

See how you're making my head swell first thing in the morning! grin

Remind me your make and model again. We are out of type IV but might have the carquest version for your car

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
The same Blunt Effects you loved as a spray now available as perfume wands! N1,200 per pack of 12!

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by dicksonadams(m): 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
radautoworks:

See how you're making my head swell first thing in the morning! grin

Remind me your make and model again. We are out of type IV but might have the carquest version for your car

Thanks madam Radautoworks, it is me the guy with the blue Pontiac vibe that has airbag issue.

Please can you give me the prices for these items {concentrated coolant} /repairs {transmission cooler line)

How many of the ATF would I need?

Video of the leaking cooler line below, saw it luckily when I went for an oil change in a filling station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7dOBMUQAA
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
dicksonadams:

Thanks madam Radautoworks, it is me the guy with the blue Pontiac vibe that has airbag issue.

Please can you give me the prices for these items {concentrated coolant} /repairs {transmission cooler line)

How many of the ATF would I need?

Video of the leaking cooler line below, saw it luckily when I went for an oil change in a filling station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7dOBMUQAA

I know you na. It's better to ask the stop as I no dey ground. Send the video link to them too. You mean you didn't solve the airbag issue yet??
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by dicksonadams(m): 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
radautoworks:

I know you na. It's better to ask the stop as I no dey ground. Send the video link to them too. You mean you didn't solve the airbag issue yet??
Boss I beg send shop email,

Air issue Stubborn issues... But I was told to get the driver side airbag crash sensor and the clockspring... Trying to source, no luck yet, ladipo things
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 3:22am On Jun 13, 2020
dicksonadams:

Boss I beg send shop email,

Air issue Stubborn issues... But I was told to get the driver side airbag crash sensor and the clockspring... Trying to source, no luck yet, ladipo things
in my signature

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

2015 Model Hyundai Sonata Sportz Toks Good Deal / Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable / Foreign used 2005 Mercedes-benz S500 Amg With Panaromic Roof (fully Loaded)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.