Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Aba; The Sleeping Giant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba; The Sleeping Giant (20291 Views)

few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) / #endsars: We Have Awoken A Sleeping Giant- Northern Elders Cried. / Insecurity: The Sleeping President! By Adbullahi D Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba; The Sleeping Giant by Nowenuse: 9:39am On Sep 24, 2019
Mrfeel:

FG purposely abandoned the east and suppressed it from developing more than other regions for fear of the easterners breaking away from Nigeria if the region develops beyond other Nigerian region, FG is always conscious of that, all these roads we complain about are federal roads,
During the biafra war places like aba and Onitsha were the most affected in the war everything was completely destroyed, Onitsha was the biggest market in West Africa at that time it was completely destroyed no structure was left untouched, state government have done it's part by rebuilding these cities what has FG done? Cause they were the ones that used fighter jets to destroy these cities

Bro, we in Delta state here, Warri road to Benin has been very very terrible and we have been suffering bitterly for months. We stay on the road for 5 - 10 hours for a journey of 1 hour. Thank God, the Delta state govt are now doing something temporary to remedy the situation instead of waiting for the FG because it is a federal road.

The point is that our state govts have powers and we the masses always focus on our federal govt excusing our state govts to their irresponsibilities and this is very bad. Nigeria will never move forward if we the masses do not hold our state govts responsible. There are states which receive less allocation and less IGR than Abia state, but you will be wowed at the kind of developmental projects going on in those states. This is not just about the FG

1 Like

Re: Aba; The Sleeping Giant by Nowenuse: 10:02am On Sep 24, 2019
IGBOSON1:

You've said it all!

Aba is to Igbos as to what Lagos/Ogun is to the Yoruba and Kano is to the Hausa-Fulani! Abians should take at least 40% of the blame for the state of Aba today, but the federal gov't (from the late 60s to date when Nigeria became a unitary governed country in all but name) should take the lion share as it has not given Aba even 10% of the attention and benefits it has given to similar cities in Lagos, Ogun, Kano and Kaduna!

This is another reson why i feel Ndigbo had better wake up and smell the coffee!

Bro I disagree with you to an extent.

See, I am from Jos-Plateau, but I was born and bred in Warri, Delta state.
When I travelled to Jos and the core-north earlier this year, I marvelled at the nature of good roads there compared to the south. Not just the federal roads now, but the state roads and intra-city roads. Warri, the oil city with so much money from Delta state govt, Benin e.t.c cannot just compare the quality of roads built by the northern governors. It is such a shame. I think northernerns hold their governors more accountable for their roads far better than Southernerns do.

Southern governors (especially SS/SE) seem to be taking the citizens for granted and heavily taking advantage of the fact that their citizens have been witch-hunting and blaming the FG for every of their problems, thus excusing themselves from blame when they smile and loot the state allocations and IGR. This nonsense has got to stop!
How can Jos, Bauchi, Gombe cities with lower allocations and IGR have better and cleaner roads than Warri & Benin (the largest cities in the SS after PH)?

I am not saying you guys are wrong in demanding your rights from the FG, but please also hold your governors by the neck too!
Had it been all the cities in the SS/SE have excellent intra-city and state roads while the Federal roads are all bad, then it would have been understandable.
Re: Aba; The Sleeping Giant by Ojiofor: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2019
Hotzone:
We Aba gwoda!
No federal presence in entire southeast but billions of dollars of relief and international support keep going to the north where the richest man in Africa is originated and also the two-time current Nigeria president emanated while the conquered ‘Igbos’ are left on their own yet, operation python dance can dance to okada man’s house and ‘bit’ him to death

Leave federal government out of this.We have the most wicked set of leaders in Africa.
Look at how Anambra state rise up and rebuild Onitsha because they knows the importance of the city.
Okezie and his Ngwa clan claimed during his 2014 election campaign that 'nwa Aba ga aru Aba'
Have he done that?He is still busy running a government of Agbata eke with family of Ochendo while Abia state remains in ruins.

1 Like

Re: Aba; The Sleeping Giant by IGBOSON1: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nowenuse:

Bro I disagree with you to an extent.

See, I am from Jos-Plateau, but I was born and bred in Warri, Delta state.
When I travelled to Jos and the core-north earlier this year, I marvelled at the nature of good roads there compared to the south. Not just the federal roads now, but the state roads and intra-city roads. Warri, the oil city with so much money from Delta state govt, Benin e.t.c cannot just compare the quality of roads built by the northern governors. It is such a shame. I think northernerns hold their governors more accountable for their roads far better than Southernerns do.

Southern governors (especially SS/SE) seem to be taking the citizens for granted and heavily taking advantage of the fact that their citizens have been witch-hunting and blaming the FG for every of their problems, thus excusing themselves from blame when they smile and loot the state allocations and IGR. This nonsense has got to stop!
How can Jos, Bauchi, Gombe cities with lower allocations and IGR have better and cleaner roads than Warri & Benin (the largest cities in the SS after PH)?

I am not saying you guys are wrong in demanding your rights from the FG, but please also hold your governors by the neck too!
Had it been all the cities in the SS/SE have excellent intra-city and state roads while the Federal roads are all bad, then it would have been understandable.

Where did you read that i just blamed the federal gov’t for Abians woes? I was speaking of the neglect on a wholistic basis in comparison to what the federal gov’t has done for comparable centres of commerce and industry in other regions.....and not just roads! I have stated numerous times that the Abia electorate are a huge part of the problem, so i don’t know where you got the impression i was solely blaming the federal gov’t!

Besides, if we wanna talk about state gov’ts performance, you really wanna sit there and posit that core muslim northern states have been performing better than their SE/SS counterparts? We have indices, studies and news reports to refute your claim if that’s your argument!
Re: Aba; The Sleeping Giant by efficiencie(m): 4:22am On Sep 25, 2019
Mrfeel:

Yes we know Fulani dominated government yoruba dominated government, will never make the east or even Nigeria a paradise, cause they don't really work for the interest of a unitary development of Nigeria, yes we can't expect another man to come a feed our household that's why we want a nation of own, where we will have full control over our household and we won't have to bring our report card to the head of another household

Yes we are waiting for UN to look into our case and push for a referendum under international court of justice, nnamdi KANU is taking a different step from the mistakes ojukwu made,

Is it not the same UN that collected bakassi peninsula, with hundreds of thousands of Nigerians in it and gave it to Cameroon? and warned Nigeria government that force will be used if Nigeria doesn't handsoff fighting for bakassi? What has Nigeria as a sovereign nation do nothing,

Lol! You said: "where we will have full control over our household and we won't have to bring our report card to the head of another household" and it saddens me. Ojukwu fought for this and now he is dead and gone. Ralph Uwazuruike commenced again with MASSOB and now Nnamdi Kanu woke one morning with the IPOB dream and you all Easterners cannot wake up to see that you are just changing names and changing crusaders without actually getting something substantive done. Nigeria is filled with loopholes. Loaded with lapses. Its security infrastructure is practically nonsense and any well coordinated strike on this country could easily bring it to its knees but despite all this opportunities the East has refused to rise up to the challenge, come together as a people (both rich and poor) and make slow, silent and steady progress that will stun the FG, the Northerners and the South Westerners.

I was in Abia state for sometime and within the short time I spent there I could see a lot of resources lying unused and untapped. From large expanse of arable land to sparse population densities which makes the East the perfect location for an agricultural and processing hub capable of ousting the middle belt in food production. Bulk of our rain forests are in the South East, just imagine the potential for ranching. Instead of having the dreaded Fulani bringing their cows to the East and causing mayhem the East could have its own designated locations for ranching and hence supplying meat to the relatively more populated South West. What about the ignored natural resources? Coal erupts from the ground by itself in Enugu. It has been ignored by the FG but it can be exploited as a means of power generation on a large scale, afterall bulk of South Africa's electricity generation is from coal. Dude I can go on and on about how I am baffled that all that IPOB does is shout, rant and make a lot of noise when as an institution it can strategize and plan a secret take over of the East.

You spoke of UN using force, which force, whose force...mehn I taya for you ohhh! Na OBJ just relinquish that location but in fairness it was based on a deal reached between Nigeria and Cameroon and the deal had to be respected but as for UN, they cannot do more than a dead rat! UN can never help the East break out of Nigeria, I repeat, never! The FG will never let the East go until the East comes to the negotiating table with power and how will the East amass this power, it is by galvanizing the different ranks of the Ndigbos into a single formation, pursuing community development by the community and investing in human capital formation. Will the FG arrest a full community for coming out to repair their roads by themselves? Will the FG arrest a full community for building special schools where Ndigbos only can obtain cutting edge education in STEM disciplines? Will FG arrest the full Igboland if they were to engage in peaceful development of their land...Or more accurately: Can the FG do all these?

The East is a beautiful land filled with typical Nigerians, who do not care about their neighbors but themselves...all those shouting IPOB will keep quiet if FG fills up their bank accounts with dollars! And this is why the Biafra dream of the great Ojukwu cannot be accomplished!

1 Like

Re: Aba; The Sleeping Giant by B2mario(m): 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2019
Carkeyng:
Last week, a customer of mine, who was applying his business in Aba, called me and told me that he was in Lagos. When he found his way to my office, he started telling me his plan to relocate to Lagos. As a matter of fact, he has already found a shop near computer village.

Next, he started telling me horrible stories about Aba.

When i visited my Port Harcourt office some years back, about 6 years back to be precise, the story I heard about Abacha was not the different from what my friend told me.

According to them, the journey from PH to Aba is l smooth until you get to the border line between River state and Abia state. They said, you would think that's were satan lives.

According to some people; things were cheaper in Aba. But the Roads to Aba is like the biblical roads to heaven, so hard and narrow.

My customer told me how the roads to Aba and inside Aba have frustrated business men like him out of Aba.

Some of us grew up to hear of " Aba made ". A kind of substandard products made in Aba. That was before the emergence of "Made in China" Also a kind of substandard products from china.

The once strong city, Enyimba city has not received enough support from both the state and the federal government.

Aba used to be a trade zone for manners of items; leather shoes, rubber shoes, nylon products, plastic products, already made clothes, name it, Aba was the center of it all. Aba attracted people from neighboring countries and different parts of the country.

Aba went from hot to cold. From once a pride giant to now a sleeping giant.

Aba needs a bailout from the federal government. Nigeria can not survive only from agricultural produce. It is not enough to tell people to go back to farm, the government has to tell people also to go back to their shops. We have to make our shoes, our cloths, our toothpicks etc.
Currently President Trump is bailing banks in America.

The roads in and around Aba should be fixed. The roads leading to Aba should be fixed. There should be steady power supply to Aba. And security should be given priority in Aba.

Aba is a major industrial city.
Liars everywhere
Re: Aba; The Sleeping Giant by dmz1: 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2019
what Aba needs is a David Umahi in Abia state house simple. problem solved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taraba Governorship: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ishaku’s Election / Governor Okowa And Obasanjo In Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Rivers Government Seals Businesses Of Pro-Atiku PDP Members - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.