Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan (38267 Views)

World's Highest Infinity Pool Opens On 50th Floor Of Palm Tower In Dubai(Photos) / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by FoxyBlueSKy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
It’s easy to think that coughing means you have a cold or bronchitis – but if that cough keeps coming back, it may be a sign of asthma.

Asthma affects the airways in the lungs, making them inflamed and swollen. The breathing tubes also become reactive, causing them to squeeze and tighten.

https://healthwises.com/how-to-cure-asthma-cough-naturally-simple-step/

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by TheDestroyer: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
When those buildings with brown roofs were built your people in biafuro were still living in trees, stop disgracing your ancestors on nairaland grin
NoSidonLook:
Oh Boy shocked

This is an eyesore shocked

See as Brown roofs full everywhere cry

How can I unsee this

angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by TheDestroyer: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nah, he ain't kidding. Some people are that dumb
Angelfrost:

You want the government to change the roofs of people's personal houses??!... You are kidding, right??!... undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by xclusiveguy4(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2019
I miss ib mehn... School days tinx

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by MetaPhysical: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
this historic structure that has been in existence since 1936 in honor of the first resident and travel Commissioner of interior Yoruba land Captain Bower.

Look at the condition of the tower...standing since 1936!

As Im typing to you this moment there are roads in Yorubaland that were built by Western Nigerian Government under Awolowo's AG, till present time they stand in good condition, only needing resurfacing periodically but the structure has kept its integrity over the decades. Look at the House of Chiefs in Ibadan, Mapo Hall, Cocoa House..... Compare them with structures built decades afterward, Independence Building, NITEL Tower, both at TBS in Lagos. Force Headquarters, Moloney, Lion Building at Ajele....they are all rotted and qualified for gutting and renovation.

How is Yoruba able to maintain strructures and it lasts for many decades but Federal Government is incapable of maintaing any structure past one decade? It points to a value system. In an unrelated topic there was picture of an Alaafin that ruled in 1905 and the background wall of his palace was shown in the picture. That palace and the walls are still standing till today...preserved as historic after a new Palace was built to accomodate modernity.

The Yoruba value system is what has been greatly trampled and tarnished by our inclusion in a unitary system. It is our grievance with Nigeria. Our value system is top notch and cannot be matched, we do not seek a unity in principles and cultures that are beneath us in civilization and development.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Angelacruz: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
Wow...educative n informative
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by omoiyamayor(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
Can you see toll gate
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Mercy2006(f): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2019
Fredlongs:
Rusted roofs all over, typical of a Yoruba setting
And your people are doing their businesses peacefully under those supposed Rusted roofs and will rather die than pack their jangbajantis and relocate to the supposed non- brown roofs in the East.
You are making jest of the same buildings that house most of your kinsmen.
Does it even make sense to you people.
Pls,children of hate when are you going to stop this unwarranted whining every time?
The war ended,everyone has moved on
Why can't you?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by victorazyvictor(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
grin grin grin u no dey pretend?
MASTERCHIEF0847:
This will offer a great view of the massive brown roof city of ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
0KNM:
Brown roofs everywhere

We are truly proud of those beautiful brown roofs. They actually represent ageless civilisation that can never be replicated. As at the time our forefathers were putting up those ancient architectural masterpiece, your progenitors were still mastering the art of jumping from one tree to another. You ever wonder why you don't have such an heritage in your accursed land ? It is because the abodes of your forefathers were thick forests of demons.

We are proud of our heritage! So, OSU now crawl back to your cave.

10 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Chukwurah003: 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
This will offer a great view of the massive brown roof city of ibadan.

For your empty mind
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Nelz77: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

We are truly proud of those beautiful brown roofs. They actually represent ageless civilisation that can never be replicated. As at the time our forefathers were putting up those ancient architectural masterpiece, your progenitors were still mastering the art of jumping from one tree to another. You ever wonder why you don't have such an heritage in your accursed land ? It is because the abodes of your forefathers were thick forests of demons.

Was surprised to see *m* instead of *f* beside ur moniker. For a Man U can sing ooo

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

Jargon! Why you so pained old head? So I’m automatically Ibo because I mentioned an obvious observation? Smh. Yall are too sensitive in that part of the world.

My friend, F off my mention. Go mine skull or something

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by sylve11: 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
TheDestroyer:
The ancient city of ibadan unfortunately was overtaken by Lagos as a commercial capital. It's gradually taking its place as companies are gradually leaving Lagos for ibadan.

which company dey leave lagos for ibadan? grin cool

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nelz77:

Was surprised to see *m* instead of *f* beside ur moniker. For a Man U can sing ooo

I can sing ? Wow ! What are you waiting for then? Proceed on a macabre dance oponu !
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by veddah(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
U spot out trash man
ProudlyAfarmer upost=82496209:
Kukuma say you went to an ancient church in Ibadan...

BTW, what will it cost the government of Oyo State to wash all those 'BROWN ROOFS'?

THE IMAGE BELOW THOUGH...
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Timijo(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is where I hailed from; @op thank you for sharing this beautiful place in my area.

Meanwhile, e be like say nairaland mods dey partial grin grin grin. I took the time to share about the historical national complex museum in Kyrgyzstan, but it was not moved to the front page where many people can see it.

Mods, please move my story to the front page.
Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Oye4u(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
You can't see 30% of Ibadan from Bower's Tower, Ibadan is a very large city.

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by LordPherule(m): 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
travelwaka:
It is located at Oke Are Hill at Igbo Agala in Ibadan, it is opened from 9am to 5pm daily. It cost about 200 naira to get access into the facility.

Things to Do at Bowers Tower
1. Organise a picnic
2. Take panoramic Video of the city of Ibadan
3. See all the major landmarks of Ibadan
4. Enjoy the views
5. take stunning pictures

Picture one

Picture two
UCH from the top of Bowers Tower

Picture three

picture four
An aerial view of the brown roof city

Igbo Agala? I know of heights at Oke Agala at Inalende Area. Did you mean Oke Agala close to Layipo?
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
0KNM:
Jargon! Why you so pained old head? So I’m automatically Ibo because I mentioned an obvious observation? Smh. Yall are too sensitive in that part of the world.

My friend, F off my mention. Go mine skull or something

OSU ,which part of my response did you find most painful? You need a breakdown ? You're even ashamed of your tribe for obvious reasons. Who is your friend Igbo ? You are just a senseless pig. Ode ,oponu ,afofungbemu!

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by LordPherule(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
travelwaka:
It is located at Oke Are Hill at Igbo Agala in Ibadan, it is opened from 9am to 5pm daily. It cost about 200 naira to get access into the facility.

Things to Do at Bowers Tower
1. Organise a picnic
2. Take panoramic Video of the city of Ibadan
3. See all the major landmarks of Ibadan
4. Enjoy the views
5. take stunning pictures

Picture one

Picture two
UCH from the top of Bowers Tower

Picture three

picture four
An aerial view of the brown roof city
Igbo Agala? I know of heights at Oke Agala at Inalende Area. Did you mean Oke Agala close to Layipo?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by PureFace1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
I love the scenery of this place

I wonder why all these Nyamirin keep screaming brown roof like they don't have brown roofs in their region or something

Ibadan is almost the same size as Anambra state, and you can find all kind of roofs there as you can see in above pictures, brown roofs is as a result of aging of iron sheet.

In London you will still find many old buildings and old part of London

This is the area view of Florence city In Italy, looking like Ibadan and it is part of what make the city unique.

It is not our fault that Nyamirin have no heritage

7 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Marineghost: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
iWasNotHere:
Very dirty state

Like Abia abi

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by PureFace1(m): 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
Kukuma say you went to an ancient church in Ibadan...

BTW, what will it cost the government of Oyo State to wash all those 'BROWN ROOFS'?

THE IMAGE BELOW THOUGH...

There is nothing wrong with the brown roofs

Ibadan city is almost the same size as Anambra state and you can find all kind of roofs there as you can see in the pictures

The brown roofs is what make Ibadan unique and it is part of the history of Ibadan as an ancient city

You will still find many old buildings and ancient part of London till today

This is the area view of Florence a city in Italy looking like Ibadan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by PureFace1(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
mungoparks:
Omg,see brown roofs.

It is part of what make the city great, beautiful and unique

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai / Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda) / Struggles Of Two Nigerians At A US Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.