Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:25 PM

How Would You Handle This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Handle This? (866 Views)

How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Handle This? by Austine567(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hi everyone!
i have been working with this man more than a year now ,not as an employee nor apprentice ,though he took me in when I had issues with my former boss where i was acquiring some skills in building,he gave me an apartment in his compound and also allows me to be working in his building material store while i also practice what i have learned which is related to his line of trade.
By the the grace of God am no longer where i was (financially) before i left my boss ,hence the hunger to leave and establish myself, though i play a very important role at the store now , sometimes he would say something like opening a place for me to manage and give returns to him ,which i didn't accept within me,he didn't know what i had in mind ,he has asked me severally what's my plan, what do i intend to do, i couldn't answer cuz i want to do my thing myself not to answer to anyone but i lack the courage to tell him that.
Now am ready to leave ,already putting things together,but the main issue is I don't know how to tell him ,i don't want to offend him in any way or break off from him on a bad way ,though he's not ready to let me go ,not now, am really confuse on how to handle the issue , do i park from the house first or leave the store first , mind you most of my business deals comes through his influence, thanks

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle This? by jospepper(m): 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
You don't have a client base yet going by what you wrote up there. Think about that.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle This? by donbachi(m): 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
mature first then u can move

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle This? by LewsTherin: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
If you do anything less than telling him what you really want to do, giving him enough time to rearrange his own plans which he is already basing on you, then you'll be ungrateful to him.

It's hard to tell him because of what he has done for you but you better tell him. With enough time before you leave.

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle This? by nlPoster: 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
Are you referring to a church?
Re: How Would You Handle This? by NGRsenate: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
You actually have to tell him something if not everything.

You owe him that for giving you a roof in your trying times.

Maybe you guys should sit with him over drinks and then you tell him a watered down version of your plans.
Re: How Would You Handle This? by Austine567(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
LewsTherin:
If you do anything less than telling him what you really want to do, giving him enough time to rearrange his own plans which he is already basing on you, then you'll be ungrateful to him.

It's hard to tell him because of what he has done for you but you better tell him. With enough time before you leave.
wow ,that's an eye opener thanks
LewsTherin:

LewsTherin:

Re: How Would You Handle This? by Austine567(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
NGRsenate:
You actually have to tell him something if not everything.

You owe him that for giving you a roof in your trying times.

Maybe you guys should sit with him over drinks and then you tell him a watered down version of your plans.
lol over drink?
Re: How Would You Handle This? by NGRsenate: 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
Austine567:
lol over drink?

I want to believe they’re both men that can drink, no?
Re: How Would You Handle This? by okirewaju(f): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2019
Come out plain and discuss with him when he is in a good mood.

You get referrals/clients from him moreover he has been good to you. Give him some months so he can readjust without you been in the picture.

One paramount thing is never pay evil for good deed done.
Echidinme

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle This? by nlPoster: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2019
Austine567:
lol over drink?

Is your post referring to a church setting?
Re: How Would You Handle This? by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
Igbo ladies grow facial hairs and they have yamleg
Re: How Would You Handle This? by Yamleg: 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Igbo ladies grow facial hairs and they have yamleg
What is it?
Re: How Would You Handle This? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Austine567:
wow ,that's an eye opener thanks wow ,that's an eye opener thanks wow ,that's an eye opener thanks

You sound like a terrible ingrate.

If you leave his business abruptly after all the kindness he has shown you, karma will be waiting for you in future.

Do everything properly. You owe him a conversation where you have to open up your plans to him. Meaning you have to involve him in your plan to carry on with your life.
Re: How Would You Handle This? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sit him down and tell him.

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways Men(boys) Are Different From Women(girls) (Feminists Should Take Note) / . / Rape Talk Who Got The Blame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.