Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player (52349 Views)

Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl / OFFICIAL:Liverpool Alisson Becker Named 2019 UEFA Goalkeeper Of The Year(Photos) / 22 Years Old Bennacer Named 2019 AFCON Player Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by sexyking1: 6:46am On Sep 24, 2019
otijah:
We have just witnessed another daylight fraud by Fifa again. What in God's name did Messi won to deserve that award. Van dijk and Alison was far much better than Messi this year only that football doesn't honor goalkeepers.
Bros it is an individual award not collect award from club effort. Did van dijk deserve more award that mane, Alison, salah...now remove ur rivalry mind and check this individual performance of messi below, then you be the judge...

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ericmor: 6:51am On Sep 24, 2019
Krasid:
Stop saying nonsense. Juve have a match tomorrow that's why he didn't attend.

Ronaldo is not in the team to play the match which he already knew. Is Messi that have a match to play. So what are u saying

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Macmayhorrr: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2019
Please accept my deepest condolences. May the lord continue to comfort you and your family ❤️

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by durubennie(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2019
franklinfresh7:
Ronaldo is enjoying the tail end of his career.His priority now is keeping fit and winning 1 last UCL.He has simply done it all.He owes football nothing.Delivered on all fronts for country and club to the best of his ability.......with a mediocre Portugal, He has given them 2 international trophies nothing they never had b4.with Madrid he won 3 consecutive UCL titles.with manutd he became the 1st player to win the balon for considering the various greats that had played the EPL.. I jxt want to see Ronaldo play a little longer because he never stops fighting
No be only mediocre na enyimba FC wey dem b.
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by abagajnr93(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2019
My thoughts exactly
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2019
Dvin:

Before it was merged with ballon dor, meaning that whoever wins the ballon'dor then wins both ballon'dor and fifa best at same time.
No if was just one award, with only one trophy(the ballon, but not the fifa platinum award). Two bodies coming together to give an award doesn't make it two awards.
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2019
Amozever12:

Its 6 ballon Dor
5 ballon d or. Don't you know what the ballon d or is?
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 24, 2019
Neeyee2020:

Point of correction: Eder, with his stunning last-munite brilliance handed Portugal their EURO 2016 silverware. Give credit to whom credit is due.

And the UEFA Nations League is arguably an irrelavant competition. Even Jurgen Klopp described it as, "the most senseless competition in the world of football".
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45902326
I think messi would be happy SB else does the scoring as long as he eventually wins a senior international trophy.....Fifa has simply said that if messi continues having this kind of goalscoring stats and fails to win the biggest prices, he will continue to win the world best.That's wrong...For u 2 be d best the best, u have to have a say in the big games

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2019
obinoral1179:
Messi won the FIFA ballon Dor 5 times Ronaldo won 3 FIFA ballon Dor and 2 Ballon Dor and 2 FiFa best same year invariably they both won 5 FIFA and 5 Ballon Dor so Messi is a step ahead of him now....
4 fifa ballon d or is not equal to 4 fifa best and 4 ballon dor.
The fifa ballon d or was just 1 award with one trophy as evidence of award.
In 2008, ronaldo won the fifa award(world best) and ballon d or(european best). Mess, 2009, won the fifa award and the ballon d or(2 awards). In 2010, fifa and france football magazine merged to give one world best award, the fifa ballon d or. There was no award for european best that year. In 2011, uefa created the uefa award for european best. By 2016 fifa and ballon d or split. So there was a fifa best award(for the season) and ballon d or award for the calendar year(but this time a world best award, since UEFA had hijacked the european category).
So basically, messi won 6 distinct world best awards: 1fifa in 2009, 4 fifa ballon dor 2010,11,12,15, and 1 fifa the best 2019. He has also won 3 european best award: ballon d or 2009, uefa 2011 and 2015.
Ronaldo has won 7 distinct world best awards(trophies): fifa 2008, fifa ballon 13,14, fifa the best 16,17, ballon d or 16,17. He won 4 distinct euro awards, ballon d or 2008, uefa 14,16,17. So?
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by davidyoung940(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2019
nawa for all this Messi's wailers ooooo...
some of you guys don't know the difference between Ballon d'or and Fifa Men's award, chai...
Ronaldo claimed the Best FIFA Men's Player award in 2016 and 2017 before finishing second to Luka Modric last year. Messi only clinched one while Ronaldo has two.. ignorance is a disease oooo
Ballon d'or is next year biko!

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Karex81(m): 8:09am On Sep 24, 2019
taylor89:
My late younger brother was a die hard Messi fan till death

I had to crosscarpet and take over the love of Messi from him

Bro Messi has made u proud I wish you were here today to rejoice

RIP Edwin

26th of June 2017 the most horrible date of my life
Sorry ooo , may hid soul rip

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by CrestMan: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

not even better than CAHIL

Not to mention John Terry o smiley
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2019
GhostWisperer:
hahahaha. It is finished.

Talent and gift over gragra

Childish, insecure C Penaldo and his idiotic, blind supporters can commit suicide. The truth has been established.
Let the old horse hustle in Serial A to catch up with the record if he can.
shut up
Messi cant win Copa America for Argentina.
Messi is a fraud
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by FuckDaMods: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2019
NoFap123:

Quit, your absence won't be noticed
And is your dwarf goat noticing you? undecided
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Isoduwa(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2019
Virus99:
Messi
5 ballon Dor
2 UEFA Poty
1 FIFA best

Ronaldo
5 ballon Dor
3 UEFA Poty
2 FIFA best

Messi still has catching up to w... Enter house madrid fan

Anyways congrats to our noisy neighbors.
From a fanatic Madrid fan cool
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by NoFap123: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2019
FuckDaMods:

And is your dwarf goat noticing you? undecided
Cry me a river, your tears are delicious.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2019
NoFap123:

Cry me a river, your tears are delicious.
cheating messi
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by NoFap123: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2019
hulk616:
cheating messi
So a cheat had the best UCL goal of last season and was the best forward in Europe.
So much for being a cheat � grin

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by mbahdi(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2019
First time you will say something meaningful
post=82503857:
MESSI IS TRULY THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Ronaldo fans, listen and listen good......

Messi was created and born to play football,
the others came to this world to learn the game, and they mastered it....rightly so anyways.

This is the ONLY difference between Messi and the rest that many people do not understand!

MESSI is the G.O.A.T.
END OF DISCUSSION!

As the Yorubas use to say "Abinibi yato si Ability!"

Argue with your TV screen! cheesy wink grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ChristmasBells: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2019
We dont want to hear the name ronaldo HERE! Biko GOD Has Shown MERCY On Mercy HE IS THE REAL G.O.A.T This is the diffrence BTW Who was Created&Sent by The Creator to come and play foothball And Those who just love to play football Osalobua, Oghene,Allah,chukwu, Oluwa Mercy started playing football from his mothers womb

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by TheBeat: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2019
Daguccizgreat:
Bro Ramos is not as good as Vvd. The former is too rough to be a football player while the later is a very articulate gentle defender who leaves no gap in the field of play.
You are funny. Do you know the number of times Ramos has made FIFA best 11. He is even in the current FIFA best 11 despite the bad season they had. Ramos is by far the best defender in the world

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2019
Kalixx:

Ive been seeing dinner loading all this while. Pls whats the meaning of it abeg? Is it the balon d'or?
Messi and Ronaldo Dinner is loading...
Messi accepted his invitation to a dinner!!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Lamanii22(f): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2019
taylor89:
My late younger brother was a die hard Messi fan till death

I had to crosscarpet and take over the love of Messi from him

Bro Messi has made u proud I wish you were here today to rejoice

RIP Edwin

26th of June 2017 the most horrible date of my life

Awwwwn this is so touching... I'm literally crying....

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by shogsman(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2019
ThierryJay:

The FIFA world best is rated higher than the Ballon D'Or because it is awarded by the apex footballing body. Over the past two decades players like Michael Owen and Nedved have won the Ballon d'or and were not even regarded as the best players on their continent then, when you had the likes of Figo, Ronaldo da lima and Zidane who won the FIFA world best at the same time.

So, in all as you can see, it's only a waste of time to you because Messi won. And I hope you will spend the quality time to watch another player, apart from CR7, lift the D'or come January grin.
You just made a fool out of yourself mate,I'm a hardcore registered Barcelona fan.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2019
CrestMan:

Not to mention John Terry o smiley

U wan cause them heart attack?

Lemme just start with cahil

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Niflheim(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2019
The data and the statistics agree that Messi deserves this Award!!! Nice one!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Money05: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2019
@david

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Money05: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2019
6 awards!!

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ShakaZullu(m): 10:14am On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by cooltola(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2019
ijewerek:
. U are getting it all wrong. Best player is not about trophy. Is about individual brilliance or performance for a season. That is y, him messi won it. No argument, he was d best last season. Even kloff said it. Even VVD said it and as we all watched too. He is d Goat last seasing. And let me remind u again. To me mane was Liverpool best player. If u give FIFA best to vvd. wat of Ramos, pepe, pique, company, varane, terry, and others who has done even more better than vvd.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Poses With Super Eagles Players After Win Against Burundi (photos) / No Sight Of Ronaldo As Drogba, Messi, Vandijk Arrive With Family For Ballon D’or / World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.