Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player (52356 Views)

Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl / OFFICIAL:Liverpool Alisson Becker Named 2019 UEFA Goalkeeper Of The Year(Photos) / 22 Years Old Bennacer Named 2019 AFCON Player Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by GhostWisperer: 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2019
Virus99:
Messi
5 ballon Dor
2 UEFA Poty
1 FIFA best

Ronaldo
5 ballon Dor
3 UEFA Poty
2 FIFA best

Messi still has catching up to w...

Anyways congrats to our noisy neighbors.
From a fanatic Madrid fan cool

It's just like counting a country in Olympic who won 1 gold medal and 2 silver and saying the country who won 12 silver and 6 bronze is ahead.

FIFA best award is ahead of a million eufa.

Rondo fans are dripping wet emotional pussies with so much sentiment like a jilted virgin.

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by shogsman(m): 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Joedoyle:
I can see why you'll never accept CR7 as being superior to M10. He ventures everywhere and soon he'll win the grand of Europe in Juventus while your M10 relax in his comfort zone to tip the bit of regular teammates and fans. Well, I'll not talk much but sit tight and watch this season how the real GOAT will use his new teammates and behold the sceptre of Europe Glory once again to show that he ain't sleeping. M10 could not just prove himself just for once in international grounds. Now he is just scoring one goal per international trophy while CR7 hit a hat-trick in his debut and left with the trophy in his second game, is that not awesome?

There is no rational intelligence in your argument

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Shugargal(f): 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Fifa is a huge joke!

There is no way Messi beat Van Dijk in the past year. This shows Fifa is only interested in goal scorers and every other player is irrelevant.

Big shame on Fifa.
Nobi only goal una CR7 sabi score wey don make am win all those ballondor? Congratulations to the only GOAT abeg. others na Aturu... lol

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
DocH:

Let me ask u a question. If u are a manager of a soccer team and you were given funds to sign one player out of messi and Rinaldo who will you go for?

VVD: " Messi is the best player in the world and he deserves to win the Ballon d'or as long as he plays.. But if I am voted as the best player, I will take it"

Messi of course!!!

Ronaldo won nothing between 2009-2014. No one crucified him... Because we believe in his quality..
But because Messi did not win the UCL between 2015-2019, many disrespectful comments has been passed against him..

But his football colleagues still admitted that he is the best player in the world nevertheless!!!

Messi of course!!! cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
Tokziby:
FIFA = FRAUD.

Fraudulent International Federation Award (Fifa) goes to the Local champion the Bingo of all times.

Same daylight robbery in 2010 repeating itself.

Little wonder they couldn't last with UEFA.

Van dyke was adjudged UEFA best in same Europe where the local champion plays. Not that the local bingo won anything internationally.

Goals that cannot bring international trophy or inter club trophy, is that one an achievement. Maltreatment of smaller teams that his salary can a complete team. Mtchhheewwww

L grin l. I like ur mathematics, it's very straight forward (FIFA=FRAUD). grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Tokziby: 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
eni4real:
Frood ko, Tacha ni undecided

If it is Lithuania now, you guys know how to shout GOAT tongue

I was rooting for van dyke and not Cr7.

If he won Uefa best then automatically Fifa best, since the bingo didn't achieve anything internationally.
Also alisson should have been given a look in the only keeper to achieve 3 golden gloves in a Season plus winning copa America and Ucl trophy.
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Neeyee2020: 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
franklinfresh7:
Ronaldo is enjoying the tail end of his career.His priority now is keeping fit and winning 1 last UCL.He has simply done it all.He owes football nothing.Delivered on all fronts for country and club to the best of his ability.......with a mediocre Portugal, He has given them 2 international trophies nothing they never had b4.with Madrid he won 3 consecutive UCL titles.with manutd he became the 1st player to win the balon for considering the various greats that had played the EPL.. I jxt want to see Ronaldo play a little longer because he never stops fighting

Point of correction: Eder, with his stunning last-munite brilliance handed Portugal their EURO 2016 silverware. Give credit to whom credit is due.

And the UEFA Nations League is arguably an irrelavant competition. Even Jurgen Klopp described it as, "the most senseless competition in the world of football".
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45902326

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Jarus(m): 11:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
Virus99:
Messi
5 ballon Dor
2 UEFA Poty
1 FIFA best

Ronaldo
5 ballon Dor
3 UEFA Poty
2 FIFA best

Not everyone started watching football 5 years ago, check who won FIFA Best in 2009.

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Joedoyle(m): 11:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
shogsman:

There is no rational intelligence in your argument
Smart verdict but you got it all wrong. I see no reason of fifa giving the award because this not international!
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
Tokziby:

I was rooting for van dyke and not Cr7.

If he won Uefa best then automatically Fifa best, since the bingo didn't achieve anything internationally.
Also alisson should have been given a look in the only keeper to achieve 3 golden gloves in a Season plus winning copa America and Ucl trophy.
Allison>>Van Dijk!!
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Joedoyle(m): 12:01am On Sep 24, 2019
Can someone tell me the world cup year Messi scored a hat-trick against a big nation? Well, CR7 did that but unfortunately fifa, UEFA and France didn't see that. Nobody talked about that, all they knew was, Modric took Croatia to the final!
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Zedoo(m): 12:01am On Sep 24, 2019
otijah:
We have just witnessed another daylight fraud by Fifa again. What in God's name did Messi won to deserve that award. Van dijk and Alison was far much better than Messi this year only that football doesn't honor goalkeepers.

dirty talk.
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Rexnegro(m): 12:35am On Sep 24, 2019
slawomir:
What a legend

I thought Ronaldo was far behind Lionel Messi

Untill i watched Lionel Messi's third goal against real betis
And i realize i was hundred percent correct!

You all need to see that goal!

You will just start crying!

even the goalkeeper didn't believe his eyes , what a goal. well I don't get surprise anymore by what messi do. whenever he does something I don't react anymore cos am used to his magic on the pitch . he's my goat your goat our goat.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Gerald454: 1:14am On Sep 24, 2019
taylor89:
My late younger brother was a die hard Messi fan till death

I had to crosscarpet and take over the love of Messi from him

Bro Messi has made u proud I wish you were here today to rejoice

RIP Edwin

Take heart bro....i really feel ur pains because i have been there. I really know what it means, when a love one die......rest in peace Edwin.

26th of June 2017 the most horrible date of my life

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by pacespot(m): 1:23am On Sep 24, 2019
Virus99:
Messi
5 ballon Dor
2 UEFA Poty
1 FIFA best

Ronaldo
5 ballon Dor
3 UEFA Poty
2 FIFA best

There was a time balon dor and FIFA best player of the year awards were a combined award, that was when messi won the award the most. So Messi's balon dors have inclination of FIFA best player of the year award. I think they splitted the two awards recently in 2017.

So don't forget!

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by above2811(m): 2:11am On Sep 24, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Fifa is a huge joke!

There is no way Messi beat Van Dijk in the past year. This shows Fifa is only interested in goal scorers and every other player is irrelevant.

Big shame on Fifa.
Guy you need some catching up . Sorry for your loss you son of HATE. Pls what's the essence of playing football, no be to score goals?

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by above2811(m): 2:17am On Sep 24, 2019
Tokziby:
FIFA = FRAUD.

Fraudulent International Federation Award (Fifa) goes to the Local champion the Bingo of all times.

Same daylight robbery in 2010 repeating itself.

Little wonder they couldn't last with UEFA.

Van dyke was adjudged UEFA best in same Europe where the local champion plays. Not that the local bingo won anything internationally.

Goals that cannot bring international trophy or inter club trophy, is that one an achievement. All he knows is maltreatment of smaller teams that his salary can pay the entire squad. Mtchhheewwww
Son of Hate noticed, YOU can HUG nearby transformer for all I care. MESSI IS THE REAL G.O.A.T.

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 24, 2019
eni4real:
plus 20 assists..

That is 74 goals contributions...

People should fear God!!! That Stat is overwhelming!!!

Modric syndrome killed for life...

Football standard is back on track!!!

Dinner loading tho... cool cool

Ive been seeing dinner loading all this while. Pls whats the meaning of it abeg? Is it the balon d'or?
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 24, 2019
unbitchable:
Gbas gbos gbas on Ronaldo's face.

Gbos gbas gbos on VVD's face.

Guy why?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 24, 2019
Daguccizgreat:
I know you're a Messi fan but I have to tell you that you know nothing about football or May be you are being sentimental
1, Messi is not even among the top 2 best football players of all time. Pele gave Brazil 2 world cup trophies and scored more than 1000 career goals and about 100 hat tricks. He is far ahead of Messi in terms of goal scoring. May be you don't know that because you belong to the indomie generation.
2, Vvd is the most clinical and articulate defender in the premier league era. Vidic, John Terry and a host of other good defenders were good but not as good as the Dutch guy. Since last year January till this month no player had ever dribbled him except pepe of arsenal just a few weeks ago. He hardly pick cards unlike others. His brilliance is out of the world so he deserces ballon d'or ahead of Messi and Ronaldo and I know he will clinch it.

So what generation do you belong to? Did you watch Pele play?

Go sit your asss down boy.
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ThierryJay: 4:39am On Sep 24, 2019
shogsman:
The only think I care about is the D’or,all this ones are a waste of time.

The FIFA world best is rated higher than the Ballon D'Or because it is awarded by the apex footballing body. Over the past two decades players like Michael Owen and Nedved have won the Ballon d'or and were not even regarded as the best players on their continent then, when you had the likes of Figo, Ronaldo da lima and Zidane who won the FIFA world best at the same time.

So, in all as you can see, it's only a waste of time to you because Messi won. And I hope you will spend the quality time to watch another player, apart from CR7, lift the D'or come January grin.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by NoFap123: 4:44am On Sep 24, 2019
franklinfresh7:
I meant a deciding game
Messi goals in those matches decided them, so yarn another thing..
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ThierryJay: 4:54am On Sep 24, 2019
franklinfresh7:
U have any idea of VVD stats??. Name 1 game u can remember Messi for last season and why? For VVD it was UCL final,cos he was solid and organized the defence.For Ronaldo it was against atletico madrid in the UCL quarter finals

Is this a JOKE?? It appears that most CR7 fans here have a really really poor knowledge of football concepts and facts both currently and in the recent past.

One notable match Messi had last season?? Yet he scored 51 GOALS, including against the following -

UCL QF Manchester united - 2 goals and 1 goal involvement
UCL SR Lyon - 2 goals and 2 assists
UCL SF Liverpool - 2 goals including a UEFA goal of the season Free kick
UCL Tottenham - 2 goals with 2 goal involvements
La Liga Real Betis - Hat trick where he scored the Puska award nominated goal
La Liga Sevilla - Brilliant Hat trick again also with goal of the season contenders
La liga Valencia - brilliant brace

And many other matches. As a matter of fact, the GOAT had the most man of the match awards last season across all European competitions. If that is not notable, then I don't know what else is. Most viewers even agree that the UCL Final was more of Allison Becker's show than VVD's. In my informed opinion, VVD's outstanding game in UCL last season was against Bayern Munich. He was just good against Porto, average against Barca and good in the UCL final. For once, I agree with you that CR7 had only one notable game against ATM last season.

I know you want to jump into a response, but it will be of mental benefit to you to take your time to digest what I said and think well before replying.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by kense88: 4:57am On Sep 24, 2019
ijewerek:
. U are getting it all wrong. Best player is not about trophy. Is about individual brilliance or performance for a season. That is y, him messi won it. No argument, he was d best last season. Even kloff said it. Even VVD said it and as we all watched too. He is d Goat last seasing. And let me remind u again. To me mane was Liverpool best player. If u give FIFA best to vvd. wat of Ramos, pepe, pique, company, varane, terry, and others who has done even more better than vvd.
Dont mind those fools. Even van dirk himself admitted.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ThierryJay: 5:25am On Sep 24, 2019
EbukaHades10:
I'm not arguing that he's good or whatnot but if the awards are for only strikers, they should let the world know.

How in God's green earth do they expect a defender or a keeper to pull off Ronaldo /messi-like numbers when they know they will just be there to make up the numbers?

It's because you are taking Messi/CR7 like numbers for granted. To put this into perspective, a world-class striker (in top leagues) is considered to have a good season with 25 - 30 goals, an excellent season with 30 - 35 goals and an outstanding season (Ballon D'or nomination worthy) with 36 - 42 goals.

In Messi's worst season since 2009, he raked in 42 goals.

Messi scoring 50 plus goals for fun every season is no mean feat to be watered down simply because we are getting bored of it. Why aren't other strikers doing the same if it was easy? Salah in his glorious season scored 44 goals and he was being bandied about as the next best thing since sliced bread. Why should Messi suffer or be punished because he is being better than Salah?

The question you should ask youself is, Has VVD or any other defender consistently churned out performances that would be considered exceptionally out-of-the-ordinary far above what an outstanding defender ordinarily does? Cos this is the level Messi has been operating at.

At the end of it all, and if we are honest with ourselves, we'd agree that VVD has just been an outstanding defender, the current best in the world no doubt. When the likes of Messi and CR7 retires, then the VVDs can stake their claim as the world's best player.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by EbukaHades10(m): 5:31am On Sep 24, 2019
ThierryJay:

It's because you are taking Messi/CR7 like numbers for granted. To put this into perspective, a world-class striker (in top leagues) is considered to have a good season with 25 - 30 goals, an excellent season with 30 - 35 goals and an outstanding season (Ballon D'or nomination worthy) with 36 - 42 goals.

In Messi's worst season since 2009, he raked in 42 goals.

Messi scoring 50 plus goals for fun every season is no mean feat to be watered down simply because we are getting bored of it. Why aren't other strikers doing the same if it was easy? Salah in his glorious season scored 44 goals and he was being bandied about as the next best thing since sliced bread. Why should Messi suffer or be punished because he is being better than Salah?

The question you should ask youself is, Has VVD or any other defender consistently churned out performances that would be considered exceptionally out-of-the-ordinary far above what an outstanding defender ordinarily does? Cos this is the level Messi has been operating at.

At the end of it all, and if we are honest with ourselves, we'd agree that VVD has just been an outstanding defender, the current best in the world no doubt. When the likes of Messi and CR7 retires, then the VVDs can stake their claim as the world's best player.

OK bro

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by capitalzero: 6:31am On Sep 24, 2019
Neither Ronaldo nor Messi deserve the award. I was actually rooting for VVD. Well, congratulation to Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:39am On Sep 24, 2019
rastaLivity:
@bolded (lies), fifa once said that they can't verify those figures. Here's the top goalscorers of all time

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men%27s_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals
Where did fifa tell you that? So the search engine that put it on the internet just fabricated those figures right?
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ShakaZullu(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2019
eni4real:
Check the last Monday grin
Who won the best??

Cristiano is a funny guy!!

"Check the last Monday"
cheesy

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2019
ThierryJay:

The FIFA world best is rated higher than the Ballon D'Or because it is awarded by the apex footballing body. Over the past two decades players like Michael Owen and Nedved have won the Ballon d'or and were not even regarded as the best players on their continent then, when you had the likes of Figo, Ronaldo da lima and Zidane who won the FIFA world best at the same time.

So, in all as you can see, it's only a waste of time to you because Messi won. And I hope you will spend the quality time to watch another player, apart from CR7, lift the D'or come January grin.
Say what you know. Fifa best is not rated ahead of ballon d'or know that

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

No Sight Of Ronaldo As Drogba, Messi, Vandijk Arrive With Family For Ballon D’or / New Nigeria Football Kit From Nike - How Would You Rate This? (Photos) / World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.