Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player (52270 Views)

Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl / OFFICIAL:Liverpool Alisson Becker Named 2019 UEFA Goalkeeper Of The Year(Photos) / 22 Years Old Bennacer Named 2019 AFCON Player Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2019
CrestMan:

Don't mind that liverpool fan?
Question: is vvd even better than Vidic?

not even better than CAHIL

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Iziquiel(m): 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2019
taylor89:
My late younger brother was a die hard Messi fan till death

I had to crosscarpet and take over the love of Messi from him

Bro Messi has made u proud I wish you were here today to rejoice

RIP Edwin

26th of June 2017 the most horrible date of my life
This made me sad, I'm sorry for your loss.

Rest on Edwin!
#TeamMessi

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by bigAG(m): 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Fifa is a huge joke!

There is no way Messi beat Van Dijk in the past year. This shows Fifa is only interested in goal scorers and every other player is irrelevant.

Big shame on Fifa.
Bro. Van dijk wasn't even Liverpool's best player. There is salah and mane

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
bigAG:

Bro. Van dijk wasn't even Liverpool's best player. There is salah and mane
simply imagine Liverpool's lineup without VVD pls
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
ShakaZullu:
[s][/s] cheesy
Check the last Monday grin
Who won the best??

Cristiano is a funny guy!!

"Check the last Monday"
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by osy77(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
Make Messi go another club jor... it’s getting boring undecided
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2019
NoFap123:

Manchester United, Lyon in UCL
Liverpool UCL first leg.
I meant a deciding game
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ijewerek(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
cooltola:
I do not agree Messi is the 2019 FIFA the best men's player. He had not really won a trophy this year except the La Liga. I am just wondering why the award can't go to someone else more deserving.
. U are getting it all wrong. Best player is not about trophy. Is about individual brilliance or performance for a season. That is y, him messi won it. No argument, he was d best last season. Even kloff said it. Even VVD said it and as we all watched too. He is d Goat last seasing. And let me remind u again. To me mane was Liverpool best player. If u give FIFA best to vvd. wat of Ramos, pepe, pique, company, varane, terry, and others who has done even more better than vvd.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Fayoyintaofeek0(m): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
Virus99:
Messi
5 ballon Dor
2 UEFA Poty
1 FIFA best

Ronaldo
5 ballon Dor
3 UEFA Poty
2 FIFA best

Messi still has catching up to w...

Anyways congrats to our noisy neighbors.
From a fanatic Madrid fan cool

This is the six time messi is Winning it.

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by samydo(m): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dis guy futball him others are mere recruitee

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by ebuclassic18(m): 11:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Fifa is a huge joke!

There is no way Messi beat Van Dijk in the past year. This shows Fifa is only interested in goal scorers and every other player is irrelevant.

Big shame on Fifa.
Did you vote?

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by babajay109(m): 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
During the UEFA 2019 award ceremony,
the following conversation happened,
Ronaldo--i want to have a dinner with Leo Messi someday, you know for past ten years its always been rivalry and competition between us.

MESSI--no english

few weeks later...

RONALDO--- i want to win more trophy than MESSI, I am 34 and he is 32, i have some energy to play few years maybe up until am 40yrs old before i retire.

then few weeks later in MILAN, FIFA BEST PLAYER AWARD,
Messi won!

scoreline now is
MESSI--6
RONALDO--5

8 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by gurunlocker: 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
franklinfresh7:
U have any idea of VVD stats??. Name 1 game u can remember Messi for last season and why? For VVD it was UCL final,cos he was solid and organized the defence.For Ronaldo it was against atletico madrid in the UCL quarter finals

I'm not sure if you are just a hater or you just decided to be blind!

You are telling me to name Messi game I can remember? I will tell you at least 20 fantastic game Messi had! Please if you are not a fan, just move on with your hate. It won't cost you a thing to just say he deserve it!

You can go watch YouTube videos in case you want an answer.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Joedoyle(m): 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:

It’s an individual award, not a team award, what international trophy are you talking about, that friendly match they play while on international break, dude drink cold water and sleep in peace.
I can see why you'll never accept CR7 as being superior to M10. He ventures everywhere and soon he'll win the grand of Europe in Juventus while your M10 relax in his comfort zone to tip the bit of regular teammates and fans. Well, I'll not talk much but sit tight and watch this season how the real GOAT will use his new teammates and behold the sceptre of Europe Glory once again to show that he ain't sleeping. M10 could not just prove himself just for once in international grounds. Now he is just scoring one goal per international trophy while CR7 hit a hat-trick in his debut and left with the trophy in his second game, is that not awesome?
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
temmypotter:
VVD has not done half of what Vidic, Terry and the likes have done.

This is an award for individual brilliance, Messi is the greatest man to even play the round leather game and last season, he was phenomenal again!

VVD has not done enough to win world's best player, come on! As a matter of fact, VVD is not even the best player in Liverpool FC.

Haters can hate! Messi is the Goat!
I know you're a Messi fan but I have to tell you that you know nothing about football or May be you are being sentimental
1, Messi is not even among the top 2 best football players of all time. Pele gave Brazil 2 world cup trophies and scored more than 1000 career goals and about 100 hat tricks. He is far ahead of Messi in terms of goal scoring. May be you don't know that because you belong to the indomie generation.
2, Vvd is the most clinical and articulate defender in the premier league era. Vidic, John Terry and a host of other good defenders were good but not as good as the Dutch guy. Since last year January till this month no player had ever dribbled him except pepe of arsenal just a few weeks ago. He hardly pick cards unlike others. His brilliance is out of the world so he deserces ballon d'or ahead of Messi and Ronaldo and I know he will clinch it.
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by webngnews: 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
hmm
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
franklinfresh7:
We both know Liverpool's performance in the season b4 they both van dijk, they scored so many but conceded as much.But immediately they bought him,all their defensive problems suddenly halted.He practically gave Allison some of the clean sheets he got. He made Matip even better.He was a beast last season and capped it with winning the most coveted price of them all
They conceded so much because they had Karius and Lovren!!!

Allison is the World best goalkeeper with a lot of shot stopping skills.. This further bloat VVD stats of cleansheet...

Matip has been a massive defender, like, 7/10 defender all through the season... He is a solid partner..

Fabinho has come to stabilize the defensive midfield of Liverpool too...

That does not mean VVD has not been outstanding but he is not responsible for every great defense record of Liverpool...

We saw his influence in the first leg of the UCL against Barcelona...

We saw his effort in the 2nd Leg too.. But I put it straight to you that without Origi clinical finish and TAA ingenuity, Liverpool may not go through.. Gini good game too!!!

VVD is just the class rep of the whole team because he earlier won the PFA player award...

That does not make him the best player in the world...

I will take peak Vidic, Terry or King Maldini ahead if VVD any day.. Mind you none of them won the Ballon d'or

Cannavaro won it because of Zizou headbutt.. His defensive record was good to back it up tho..

Beckanbeuer won the Ballon d'or for not just being a classical defenders, he plays well in the defensive midfield and score many goals uncharacteristic of defenders...

He set himself apart out of all defenders... Also, he won everything including the World cup...

VVD wanted to use dribbling avoidance stats but it does not really make sense... That is the most hidden stat I have ever heard...

That Stat was not made available until the tail end of the UCL... You noticed that the moment players got to know about that stat, they keep looking for him to test his so called ability.. . It is all about hype...

He is the best defender in the world no doubt but he can never be the best player in the world... Unless Ballon d'or says otherwise!!!

According to VVD : " Messi is the best player in the world and should win the Ballon d'or as long as he plays... But if I am voted as the winner, I will take it"!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
TheBeat:
UEFA best was voted by Europeans and they ignored MESSI.

Messi is a victim of his standard. No player was even close to his level last season.

This award is for the best player and not the triumphant club.

Congratulations GOAT.

Where are my Barca fans and all lovers of good football.

VVD tried but giving that award to him is an insult to soccer. Some defenders like Ramos do their defending job as well as scoring goals. Nonsense
Bro Ramos is not as good as Vvd. The former is too rough to be a football player while the later is a very articulate gentle defender who leaves no gap in the field of play.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by d0pekellz(m): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
If you don't like messi, it is not that you don't like great football; It's you don't know what great football is!! Humble your sef and watch him play, devoid of petty sentiment; only then will you appreciate this alien. The Best!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by obinoral1179(m): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
Virus99:
Messi
5 ballon Dor
2 UEFA Poty
1 FIFA best

Ronaldo
5 ballon Dor
3 UEFA Poty
2 FIFA best

Messi won the FIFA ballon Dor 5 times Ronaldo won 3 FIFA ballon Dor and 2 Ballon Dor and 2 FiFa best same year invariably they both won 5 FIFA and 5 Ballon Dor so Messi is a step ahead of him now....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by HBB1(m): 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
Daguccizgreat:
Bro Ramos is not as good as Vvd. The former is too rough to be a football player while the later is a very articulate gentle defender who leaves no gap in the field of play.

But the former has dragged Madrid from the brink of defeat several times with his last minute headers.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by GhostWisperer: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
Lionel Messi has written his name into football's history books after being named FIFA The Best Men's Player of Year, going one ahead of his longstanding rival Cristiano Ronaldo, who snubbed the awards gala once again.

The Argentine won the award following a great individual campaign that saw him score 51 goals and assist another 22 in just 50 appearances.

In addition, he also lifted the LaLiga and Supercopa de Espana titles. Messi won the award for the first time since 2015 and lifted it for a sixth time overall, going one ahead of his longstanding rival Ronaldo.

Source: https://mandynews.com/lionel-messi-named-2019-fifa-the-best-mens-player/
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by GhostWisperer: 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
Lionel Messi has written his name into football's history books after being named FIFA The Best Men's Player of Year, going one ahead of his longstanding rival Cristiano Ronaldo, who snubbed the awards gala once again.

The Argentine won the award following a great individual campaign that saw him score 51 goals and assist another 22 in just 50 appearances.

In addition, he also lifted the LaLiga and Supercopa de Espana titles. Messi won the award for the first time since 2015 and lifted it for a sixth time overall, going one ahead of his longstanding rival Ronaldo.

Source: https://mandynews.com/lionel-messi-named-2019-fifa-the-best-mens-player/
hahahaha. It is finished.

Talent and gift over gragra

Childish, insecure C Penaldo and his idiotic, blind supporters can commit suicide. The truth has been established.
Let the old horse hustle in Serial A to catch up with the record if he can.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Excallibur(m): 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
otijah:
We have just witnessed another daylight fraud by Fifa again. What in God's name did Messi won to deserve that award. Van dijk and Alison was far much better than Messi this year only that football doesn't honor goalkeepers.
butt hurt Ronaldo fans keep wailing. Van dijk himself voted for messi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by shogsman(m): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Fifa is a huge joke!

Big shame on Fifa.

Are you high,even Sadie mane that performed far better that van Dijk tipped Messi for the award

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by DrUmoren: 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Congratulations Lionel Andres Messi! You were the best individual performer of 2019! Cheers G O A T!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by shininglite(m): 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Krasid:
Stop saying nonsense. Juve have a match tomorrow that's why he didn't attend.

You are the one talking trash
so if he was to win the award won't he attend?
leave penaldo's d..alone

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by shogsman(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
Obviously he was going to win it,no one came close last season

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2019
All hail the king of the pitch grin
Congratulations sir!!!

If u missed the show, you can download from YouTube n watch offline using YTD Pro.

Checkout the app on nairaland here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5426569/new-youtube-video-downloader-ytd

Download the app here:

https://m.apkpure.com/ytd-pro/com.gah_bree_el.ytdpro

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by shogsman(m): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
The only think I care about is the D’or,all this ones are a waste of time.
Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
Virus99:
Messi
5 ballon Dor
2 UEFA Poty
1 FIFA best

Ronaldo
5 ballon Dor
3 UEFA Poty
2 FIFA best

Fifa recognized it as his 6th fifa best award sir.

Every fifa ballon'dor winner in those years fifa award and ballon dor award were merged together as "FIFA BALLON'DOR" is recognized as both fifa best winner and ballon'dor winner at same time. Meaning that if you win fifa ballon'dor, you win fifa best and ballon'dor awards at same time.
So this implies that messi has his 6th fifa best award awaiting his 6th ballon'dor and ronaldo has 5 fifa best and ballon'dor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
Tokziby:
FIFA = FRAUD.

Fraudulent International Federation Award (Fifa) goes to the Local champion the Bingo of all times.

Same daylight robbery in 2010 repeating itself.

Little wonder they couldn't last with UEFA.

Van dyke was adjudged UEFA best in same Europe where the local champion plays. Not that the local bingo won anything internationally.

Goals that cannot bring international trophy or inter club trophy, is that one an achievement. Maltreatment of smaller teams that his salary can a complete team. Mtchhheewwww
Frood ko, Tacha ni undecided

If it is Lithuania now, you guys know how to shout GOAT tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Heartbroken Fan Of Messi Missing, Suicide Note Found / Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Coffin Arrives Bangkok For His Week-long Funeral / Ahmed Musa And 25-Year-Old Abdullahi Musa, Kano Pillars Teammate Strike A Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.