Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own (1506 Views)

Any Nigerian Celibate On Nairaland? Come In Here. / My New Nairaland Girlfriends (PICTURES) / 18 Adorable Ways To 'sweet Talk' Your Man (and Steal His Heart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Premiumwriter: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2019
Nairaland no doubt is been upgraded. Lots of peeps have been observing this.

Let's make it official here.

Speak your mind about the new design and features you feel should be added.

Personally, I feel videos and links should automatically open in new background tabs when we click on it instead of leaving Nairaland directly to the other website.

And maybe number verification should be added during sign up. This way those sex positions, bet9ja and mtn recharge card scammers won't be able to open new accounts frequently

SEUN, lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2019
Total rubbish. After 14 yrs this is what they came up with lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Premiumwriter: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2019
LillyVal:
Total rubbish
serious?
I think I like the new lighter design.

3 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by ChidoskiBOZ(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2019
As an oracle of nairaland...i hope here i speak d mind of all us mad people here... Theres noind saying here dis new nairaland issa jam....cool upgrade and al other features.....����
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Premiumwriter: 11:52am On Sep 24, 2019
ChidoskiBOZ:
As an oracle of nairaland...i hope here i speak d mind of all us mad people here... Theres noind saying here dis new nairaland issa jam....cool upgrade and al other features.....����
how would you feel if we can use our keyboard emojis?

I mean we can use them on other popular platforms but on Nairaland they just appear as black shapes with question marks

5 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by ChidoskiBOZ(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2019
Premiumwriter:
how would you feel if we can use our keyboard emojis?

I mean we can use them on other popular platforms but on Nairaland they just appear as black shapes with question marks
Never tried it bfor actually just trying it now...only to see what u just said.... sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Epifanio(m): 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2019
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by kingxsamz(m): 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nairaland was downgraded rather...

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by ladilawal82(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
This new look will make this site to rank better because it's very light. Speed matters in the school of ranking cool

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by damtan(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Seun, here are a few tips on requested upgrade

There should be a dislike button.

Improve search results on Nairaland. I find frustrating to search on this platform. You should enable "combined word search". Search result shouldn't only be by single word search.
Moreso, search results should not be repeated. A single thread can make up a whole page with multiple repetition. Please, work on making search results more concise and accurate.

Personally, I need a block option. Some people are frustrating so much that I wish I could just block them permanently from seeing my posts and all cool

I have a lot to say but I can't type much right now.

Seun, Olorun a ran e lowo o

6 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2019
I don't see any difference.
What changed?
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Premiumwriter: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2019
Squillaci:
I don't see any difference. What changed?
nothing bro

2 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Premiumwriter: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2019
damtan:

Improve search results on Nairaland. I find frustrating to search on this platform. You should enable "combined word search". Search result shouldn't only be by single word search.
Moreso, search results should not be repeated. A single thread can make up a whole page with multiple repetition. Please, work on making search results more concise and accurate.

Personally, I need a block option. Some people are frustrating so much that I wish I could just block them permanently from seeing my posts and all cool

dislike button and improve search

Solid points.

I don't think the block option will be good for business. It'll only reduce interaction here
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Premiumwriter: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
kingxsamz:
Nairaland downgraded...Yeah that's what they did...

care to explain
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by adisabarber(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
The change never reach my side. When it does I will comment on it
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by kingxsamz(m): 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
WE WANT A DISLIKE BUTTON
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Itsmedozie: 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
I no see any upgrade Abi my eye dey deceive me?

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by yazga: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2019
damtan:

Personally, I need a block option. Some people are frustrating so much that I wish I could just block them permanently from seeing my posts and all 8)

Seconded!
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
damtan:

i second this. Especially the dislike button
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by deedondavi(m): 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2019
A big No!.... My eyes hurt from the look of Nairaland now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
It's ok undecided
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Kingsteve(m): 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2019
It looks and probably feels lighter.
Will get used to it with time.
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Zinny25(f): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
I didn't notice any change ooo

abi my eye dey deceive me??
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by booksrite001: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
Zinny25:

For those of you looking for changes. It's basicly just thre underlines that were removed and the center alignment for sections removed.

For those that wants emogi, that already works on my app.

See.

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Nna17(m): 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2019
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Mcslize: 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
damtan:

Nice points except for the block option. Being an interactive website and also for business, block option will only slow business down. It will not favour the builder. It will do more harm than good.

Another thing again, it is a forum not like WhatsApp that involves two persons. This involves multiple persons and blocking won't be that good. All the funny trollings, e-fight here and there, and all sorts of funny characters is what drives traffic to nairaland.

People come here to chill when they are bored and always expect to see something trending, weird, abnormal, all sorts of madness and things that can invoke laughter. If we block all those people, nairaland will be boring to the core.
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Nna17(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2019
seriously nairaland needs to introduce delete and block options ASAP, this latest upgrade should be enhanced a bit further....
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Rapmoney(m): 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nna17:
seriously nairaland needs to introduce delete and block options ASAP, this latest upgrade should be enhanced a bit further....
'Block option' on a public forum? Na wa for una way of reasoning sha!
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by damtan(m): 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
Mcslize:

Nice points except for the block option. Being an interactive website and also for business, block option will only slow business down. It will not favour the builder. It will do more harm than good.

Another thing again, it is a forum not like WhatsApp that involves two persons. This involves multiple persons and blocking won't be that good. All the funny trollings, e-fight here and there, and all sorts of funny characters is what drives traffic to nairaland.

People come here to chill when they are bored and always expect to see something trending, weird, abnormal, all sorts of madness and things that can invoke laughter. If we block all those people, nairaland will be boring to the core.
More reason I personalized the block option
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by millionboi2: 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2019
Zinny25:

babe

How far you?
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Offpoint: 11:45pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nna17:
block options cuz na chatting website bah?

block option kee you theregrin
Re: The New Nairaland: Come And Talk Your Own by Offpoint: 11:48pm On Sep 24, 2019
The only thing I need is the ability to delete my own post, watch short videos, a change of emojis, search improve and a fück you button.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Cant Find A Rich Lady To Marry I Will Stay Single Until Jesus Comes / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A Brand New Car / “I Want To Drink Your Menstrual Blood With Garri” – Nigerian Guy Tells Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.