Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage (36198 Views)

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Help!!! My Wife Is Putting Me Through This Right Now! / Why Is She Putting Me Under Pressure To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
pocohantas:
Better stay in one place... What do they want you to cover over for, if not knacks?

The boys you are rebelling to go meet, are the same ones that will come online to say single girls who live alone are whores.

Who told you they were POTENTIAL PARTNERS? Guys are always potential partners till they knack you from all angles. Nne, this has never prevented anyone from meeting a partner. Except you are locked inside your house all day.

Go out and mingle with guys around you. While at it, toughen up- you sound like a pushover.
What is PUSHOVER? I want to know if I am
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:
Ondo town
am in ado ekiti,can we be friends ife?
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:
Ondo town

1 Like

Ifemide123:
Ondo town

1 Like

GrabHisBalls:
You sound immature though, and certainly not even ready for a serious relationship. Note, maturity is not in age. grin

How on earth would you expect your mum and dad to just let you go off with some random guy called a boyfriend? The introduction sef is disrespectful and if you were my child, let me reserve my comment. grin

You're a lady and men will only respect you when you respect yourself. Those guys who run don't run 'cause your parents are holding you down, they do so 'cause every of their moves will be accounted for since they already know your parents/would be meeting them.

You crave so much for disappearing for a long time with a guy and it's not a good thing. I am older than you by a few years, was once monitored 24/7, all movements must be accounted for and I can tell you that in my house, you don't sleep out without anyone knowing your whereabout. Of course, you can't tell my mum or oldest brother you want to go spend a night/more in a guy's house. They don't even want to hear you have a boyfriend, but they somehow knew I did when I was seeing someone. All my life, the only telling I did was when I was formerly proposed to, though, it later didn't work out. The few occasions I've had to disappear was from school for 3days even as an adult, they must not hear of it. Like 2yrs ago, my eldest bro wanted to know whom I was dating, but I refused and ignored his enquiries with smiles, telling him to leave me alone 'cause I hate disappointments. I have a self-con to myself, I have independence and I have one or two places to go to for sleepovers, but I don't bug. You can never see me outside my house by 8 for security reasons. I don't expect you to be me, but I think you're complaining about irrelevance for now. Lastly, the only man you should introduce to your parents is the one ready to marry you.
kiss

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:
Ondo town
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
aro1:
Yeah
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by onlinetomola(m): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:

I am not

Oh ok
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:

Yeah
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:

Yeah
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:

Alright then
will u do that now? Or u give me ur number,u can delete it after few mins
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by missjo(f): 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:

Waoh
Thank you for this. I was beginning to think something isn't right.
That is exactly what those guys wanted you to believecheesy It's their MO

Be careful with what puccyhunters say to you, guys can be very clever with their tricks & gimmicks.
Just see how they already got you thinking & plotting how to get out of the house and right into their bedrooms. DON'T DO IT! cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by GraGra247(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ifemide123:

But why are these kind of guys scarce in reality? They are making me feel like being a good lady doesn't hold water. One ended whatever we were trying to build with that line "you're a good girl..."

They aren't scarce. You've only been meeting with guys who just want to bed you and dump you.

A guy that truly wants a future with you will surely come with his people to see your parents. That's the truest test.

Remember: Guys that want to bed any lady at any given time are 10 times more than guys that truly want to settle down with her. Many want to bed but one or two or a little more want a future with her. "Applies to all ladies".

He ended the line with "you are a good girl" because he's a bad boy with a bad intent Towards you.

SUMMARY OF TRUE TEST: A guy that invites you over(whether to his house or hotel) very likely just wants to bed you in the present or near future.

But a guy that is willing to come over to see your parents especially with his relatives, most likely wants a future with you.

13 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 25, 2019
Why in the world would you want to meet online guys in their home?

16 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by bamidele89: 1:42am On Sep 25, 2019
Ifemide123:

Ondo town

I stay at Ondo town too
Send me a message on whatsapp 08134922157
Or flash me
I can make a friend with you and visit you in your shop if you like
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by SirVintageCock: 4:45am On Sep 25, 2019
bamidele89:

I stay at Ondo town too
Send me a message on whatsapp 08134922157
Or flash me
I can make a friend with you and visit you in your shop if you like
Thanks
Da fuk sir embarassed angry

3 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by mrdharkchild(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2019
I for like date u o.
But ONDO, I only hear about Her while reciting my states and capitals. And I am a nice and handsome guy (living with his parents, too) grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by djoe21(m): 8:43am On Sep 25, 2019
Ifemide123:

What is PUSHOVER? I want to know if I am

Means you are not assertive but easily swayed. Omo mehn, I don use grammar finish grammar grin

Ok, it means you are easily influenced.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by idakusniawati(f): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2019
Ifemide123:

I am not
why??
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2019
djoe21:

Means you are not assertive but easily swayed. Omo mehn, I don use grammar finish grammar grin

Ok, it means you are easily influenced.
I see
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by ThothHermes: 9:03am On Sep 25, 2019
aro1:
about myself:am bamidele by name,a graduate of microbiology frm ekiti state university,am a cool headed guy
You want to come inside abi?

8 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by faithfull18(f): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2019
onlinetomola:

Ok ... You are Ifeoluwa right ? I think I know you or seen you somewhere before.
Hehehe
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by faithfull18(f): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2019
@ OP, nothing wrong with meeting guys online but every thing is wrong with going over to his house on first dates, what are the eateries there for. You better be careful, so many wolves in human skin around now.
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by 2kurupt(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2019
Ifemide123:

I'm really sad about this. I have a shop I run here so except I get a good job outside our town I can't just leave. The best bet is to rent a place and stay on my own but No! I am not married so why should a single lady live alone in same town with her parents? Yet they won't give me the freedom I should have. I can't stay beyond 7 outside, I can't visit a boyfriend in his own town too.

Why are you in such a haste to go meet a guy? That does not only reek of desperation but also means you dunno what you truly want at the moment.
You even run a shop but you're giving the impression your parents don't let you go outdoors or interact with people.

As a man I'll advise you as my little sister. First of all no responsible and matured man will pester you to come see him physically by all means especially when a relationship is yet to be defined, laugh at you because you still reside with your parents or discontinue a relationship coz of the above reasons.

Secondly be weary of guys you meet online. The fantasy of dating someone you met online sounds all sweet but 9 out of 10 times they're motivated by getting a piece of what you have between your thighs.

Learn to take things slow, build friendship, observe and study potential guys you'll like to date especially guys within reach. A reasonable guy wouldn't find it out of place to come see you where you reside i.e. shop or home. Am sure even your parents will start getting comfortable that they know the kind of people you interact with.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by 85thechosen: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
I had to create this account today for this. It's really eating me up and I am tired.
I am 24, will be 25 soon. I am this indoor person and so I hardly meet people. My first relationship ended like two years back and I haven't been in a reasonable one since then.
I meet people online cos I don't get to meet them offline, most of the guys I meet are based in different state from mine and they don't mind me visiting, but once I tell them I live with my parents and would need their permission to come visit, they just stop getting in touch. I have lost over 5 potential partners because of this, they all feel we should be comfortable with ourselves first before putting parents matter into it. Some don't see it as a big deal living with my parents, they just find it funny that they wouldn't allow me go visit my boyfriend(note that they wouldn't know him bfr I go visit)
I can't even think logically anymore that's why I am here to ask Wether the problem is with me or them. The only one I met that has travelled to come visit me is verbally abusive. He met my mum and wants things done the proper way.
I am really exhausted. I guess gone are those days where you have to meet your potential wife in her father's house.
I told my mum I want to start attending youth church and she object to it saying I can only change church after I get married.
My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house cry
you dont have a problem, neither are your parents at fault, they are trying to protect you which is normal. I have younger sisters who have all finished tertiary institutions, some are working, some are not, but they are all still living in the family house because they happen to work in the same state, and they are not married yet. But the good thing with my parent is that they allow them go out whenever they want to, but they cant spend the night outside, they must sleep in the house. The only way they cant sleep in the house is when they travel to another state, but definately not to see a guy, except they have to lie about the reason why they are travelling. i will advice that you focus on your business and thrive to make it grow. But i understand the urge to be in a relationship, we all need a comapnion whom we can connect with emotionally. I would just say you should be patient, your soulmate will locate you at the time you least expect it. If you dont mind you can contact me on 07016793204

5 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by rentAcock(m): 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
Why are most of the guys you meet online based in different states from you? Why not meet guys closer to you? Long distance relationships can be very challenging. Also, no guy should find it weird that you are still living with you parents when most ladies live with their parents until they get married so this is absolutely normal. I think you should focus more on getting a job, it will keep you busy and you will get to mingle with other guys. You can even save enough money to move out if that's your prerogative. Also attend church service, but whatever you do, please don't come off to guys as being desperate. You are just 24 and have your whole life ahead of you. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by Toks2008(m): 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:
I had to create this account today for this. It's really eating me up and I am tired.
I am 24, will be 25 soon. I am this indoor person and so I hardly meet people. My first relationship ended like two years back and I haven't been in a reasonable one since then.
I meet people online cos I don't get to meet them offline, most of the guys I meet are based in different state from mine and they don't mind me visiting, but once I tell them I live with my parents and would need their permission to come visit, they just stop getting in touch. I have lost over 5 potential partners because of this, they all feel we should be comfortable with ourselves first before putting parents matter into it. Some don't see it as a big deal living with my parents, they just find it funny that they wouldn't allow me go visit my boyfriend(note that they wouldn't know him bfr I go visit)
I can't even think logically anymore that's why I am here to ask Wether the problem is with me or them. The only one I met that has travelled to come visit me is verbally abusive. He met my mum and wants things done the proper way.
I am really exhausted. I guess gone are those days where you have to meet your potential wife in her father's house.
I told my mum I want to start attending youth church and she object to it saying I can only change church after I get married.
My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house cry

Your husband will locate you any which way so relax but try to go out to fun places...it has nothing to do with you still living with your parents...infact it is a plus.

5 Likes

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by chijioke17(m): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ifemide123:

How about you move in with one of your sisters, and try to get something doing at least to support yourself. If you are working in a big company, apply for a transfer to another state
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by happney65: 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Na fucck dey worry you and nothing else...where are you?Do you live in Ibadan?I can help you scrub that pussy that has been lieing empty for the past 2years.. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by humberjade: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage by 2day6(m): 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
hey sis...i can't really relate to what you are going through. but you have to be careful, don't go and meet a guy you just meet online in his house. maybe your parents are saving you from potential danger.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? / If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. / My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.