Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks (1472 Views)

Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day / Lagos Ex-deputy Governor Ojikutu Wanted Over Alleged N130m Fraud / Ogun Begins Construction Of Ultra-modern Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by AloyEmeka5: 1:25am On Nov 02, 2010
[size=14pt]Ondo begins construction of N130m modern motor parks[/size]

Akinpelu Dada

Another step in transforming Ondo State from a provincial state to a modern one capable of attracting private investors was taken on Thursday with the ground breaking of a N130m ultra modern motor park in the capital city, Akure.

advertisement

The project, which is reputed to be the first of its kind in the South-Western region, according to the governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, is part of the efforts of his administration at changing the face of Ondo State by making it an investor's haven.

A statement made available to our correspondent on Friday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Kolawole Olabisi, quoted Mimiko as saying that the project represented a significant achievement, not only for the people of the state, but also for the government.

He said that the project would also confirm his administration's determination to bring social amenities within the easy reach of the citizens throughout the length and breadth of the state.

The governor said that, on completion, the motor parks, which would be sited in major towns in the state, would have state-of-the-art facilities required by travellers and modern road transport operators.

Mimiko said that Akure was beginning to wear a new look with the reconstruction of the First Bank/Oba-Adesida/Oyemekun dual-carriage Road, which is the major access to the Central Business District of the city; commencement of the dualisation of the Arakale road and link road to the airport; and construction of modern markets at strategic locations.

The governor said, "The ground breaking of the ultra-modern motor park that we are here to do today is another milestone towards fulfilling our promise to develop Ondo State. Let me inform you that the idea behind this ultra-modern motor park project is to provide a gateway for road transportation, making use of vehicles in a conducive atmosphere where modern facilities are available that meet international standards and best practices.

"This is in realisation of the fact that the state is basically a budding centre of commerce, where products such as cocoa, timber, cassava, palm produce, oil and gas, as well as professional skilled manpower have readily become areas of attractions in modern day business dealings. This practically involves movement of goods and services, as well as people within the state and beyond."

He added, "By the project, this government, is therefore, all out to provide a conducive, relaxed and secured environment where there are basic facilities, devoid of pressure, decay and repulsive operational environment for travellers. The truth is that the attainment of development depends largely on good transportation systems. This is the more reason why this government is focusing attention on the four popular modern modes of transportation so as to propel the state towards sustainable development."

Some of the projects being executed by the Ministry of Transport in that regard, according to him, include the construction of modern jetties with floating dock and lift system at Igbokoda and Igbekebo, while another is proposed for New Jerusalem; dredging and channelisation of rivers Yewa, Ofe and Apaluba, and the proposal for similar projects in Zion-Pepe, Ogidigba-Majebi and Pelebosou creeks, among others

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/1/823.html
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 02, 2010
Is Ondo the same state that N(Ondos)IDs are investing billions of dollars to build hospital in ?

The state is doing great things. Bless you and Mimiko plz never dessert Fayemi.
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by jason12345: 1:37am On Nov 02, 2010
SW koni baje oooo!!!! grin grin grin. i think this yoruba leaders are now thinking. but as usual nigerians will not vote for them because they are yorubas. cry. we are advancing so are the igbos, we need someone like fashola as president in 2015 to move the country forward but the igbos and hausa will want that slot too.[sub]its just a joke oooo! grin pls don't crucify me grin[/sub]

on a more serious note, we should be encouraging these people to develop nigeria the same way
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by AloyEmeka5: 1:49am On Nov 02, 2010
jason12345:

SW koni baje oooo!!!! grin grin grin. i think this yoruba leaders are now thinking. but as usual nigerians will not vote for them because they are yorubas. cry. we are advancing so are the igbos, we need someone like fashola as president in 2015 to move the country forward but the igbos and hausa will want that slot too.[sub]its just a joke oooo! grin pls don't crucify me grin[/sub]

on a more serious note, we should be encouraging these people to develop nigeria the same way

What is ultra modern MOTOR PARK really?. Mimiko is planning to cap his embezzlement with this project. Is he trying to build a stadium or what?. What infrastructural amendment to a common motor park that will cost N10M , how much less N130M?
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by bkbabe97y(m): 3:35am On Nov 02, 2010
Ultra Modern Motor Park. . . . . sounds kinda futuristic to me!
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Mariory(m): 3:35am On Nov 02, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What is ultra modern MOTOR PARK really?. Mimiko is planning to cap his embezzlement with this project. Is he trying to build a stadium or what?. What infrastructural amendment to a common motor park that will cost N10M , how much less N130M?

I did not know you were a civil engineer. Can you explain how you estimated N10M? It would be very informative thanks.
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by AloyEmeka5: 3:41am On Nov 02, 2010
Mariory:

I did not know you were a civil engineer. Can you explain how you estimated N10M? It would be very informative thanks.

Rough estimate abd it wasn't conservative at all. That will sum up to 13 motor parks, abi?
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by EzeUche0(m): 3:46am On Nov 02, 2010
Nigerians and names. . . lol
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by AkinEgba: 3:53am On Nov 02, 2010
Ultra modern breeding of more motor park touts. We have more than enough motor parks and motor park touts in the SW. They should channel the money to other useful things, jo.
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 02, 2010
EzeUche0:

Nigerians and names. . . lol

Abi o, like the "Biggest Hospital in Brooklyn".
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Mariory(m): 8:08am On Nov 02, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Rough estimate abd it wasn't conservative at all. That will sum up to 13 motor parks, abi?

How did you arrive at the rough estimate? Are you a civil engineer? Do you have experience building motor parks? Or did you just pull that figure out of your $$$? Basically, what is the basis for your estimation?
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2010
It's good now. At least they're investing in their youth. grin More drop-outs can now sign up as motor park touts & NURTW political thugs - the biggest industry in the south west.
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Ultra modern breeding of more motor park touts. We have more than enough motor parks and motor park touts in the SW. They should channel the money to other useful things, jo.

Wallahi I didn't even see this before I typed. I agree with Lamidi-Obi aka Mekushit.ty aka Akin-Egba for the first time. Kinda scary grin
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 02, 2010
LOL.

When someones pocket is about to get lined Nigerians come up with big sophisticated words/phrases.
Take for example: N130m ultra modern motor park. . . .  .LOL
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by AjanleKoko: 10:40am On Nov 02, 2010
Akin-Egba:

In spite of myself , I couldn't help cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy at this!

Talk about the beatification of the Area Boy. Na so Ondo state get danfo buses? Why not build ultra modern roads, schools, hospitals, etc. Why Motor Park? To think that this is my state sha. Na wa embarassed
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by asiwaju: 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2010
Egin Mimiko is building Motor parks for N130m,whereas almost all the street in ondo town(his home town)are in deplorable state,if you go to Oja igele in ondo town,it is terrible,Egbon is now almost 2 years as Governor,all what we are seeing or hearing is story upon story.

Asiwaju.
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by AloyEmeka5: 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2010
asiwaju:

Egin Mimiko is building Motor parks for N130m,whereas almost all the street in ondo town(his home town)are in deplorable state,if you go to Oja igele in ondo town,it is terrible,Egbon is now almost 2 years as Governor,all what we are seeing or hearing is story upon story.

Asiwaju.

If he embarks on repairing roads, how much will he make from it?. This 130M is free cash because all they need to do is repaint all the motor parks in Akure with white wash and claim N130M as repair costs.
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by lekside44(m): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2010
i was at Ondo early this year on a business trip. this was my first time in the region. i used the opportunity to familiarize my self with the area. i discovered that many of their schools are still on a deplorable state. they remind me of the structural schools in my village. many telecoms companies are investing heavily their laying a lots of optic fiber cables here and their to link the inter cities and the intra cities base stations. what i felt they need most now is an alternative road to link the big cities since there is only one major road linking ore to ondo town, akure and finally owo.
Re: Ondo Begins Construction Of N130m State Of The Art Motor Parks by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2010
[size=14pt]In some states (names withheld) an 'ultra modern' personal garage that can park 4 state of the art cars in the governor's lodge would have cost N 1.3bn

The cost looks very realistic and I hope what they build is truly modern. I doubt if it can be anyting ultra[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Has Beaf's Username Been Hijacked? Or Has Beaf Gone Mad? / Islamic Banking: Sanusi Is Breaking The Law! / Re: The Mokola Flyover Project - Information For The Mis-informed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.